Miscommunication

Married to a Stranger

“Kris, where is Jinae?” Mr. Wu asked as he sat down.

Kris looked both ways. “Uh...I don’t know sleeping?”

“I guess we should until she wakes up, so that we could eat.” Mr. Wu asked one of the maids for the newspaper.

“Let’s just eat, she could eat by herself.” Kris added as he looked through his phone

Mr. Wu shook his head. “It’s our first time eating as a family.”

*I’m so going to kill her.* Kris thought. Mr. Wu asked one of the maids to go check on you.

“It’s fine, I’ll go see if she was waken up, yet.” Kris quickly interfered.

Mr. Wu nodded in agreement. “If she’s still hasn’t woken up just let her sleep for a little bit more.”

“Don’t worry I won’t wake her up, if she’s still sleeping.” Kris smiled to himself.

~

“Hey you, wake up.” You opened your eyes and noticed Kris standing next to you.

You moved to the other side of the bed. “Eh...Five more minutes.” You cried.

You heard him give out a sigh, “Your making us wait and I’m already starving.”

“Just eat by yourself, all I want to do is sleep.” You placed a pillow over your head.

Kris removed the pillow from your head and smacked you on the head with it. “I told my grandfather that and he insist that we eat as a family.”

“Aw, that hurt.” You stood up rubbing your head.

“Did that actually hurt because I didn’t smack you hard? Or do you want me to kiss that oo for you.” Kris leaned closer to you.

“Okay, Okay I’m getting up.” You quickly rushed out of bed and got your clothes ready.

Kris gave out a laugh, “You better hurry because I am starving.” With that Kris left, leaving you to get ready. 

You stuck your tongue at him. “You better hurry because I am starving.” You said mimicking him. “Now, where did I leave my makeup and hair brush?” When you found your bag from last night, you dumbed everything and left everything scattered around the closet.

 

Kris glared at you and you quickly stuck your tongue at him. “Good morning Mr. Wu.” You said as you sat next to Kris. *Why do I have to sit next to him?* You thought.

“Good morning, I see you were awake when Kris went to go check on you.” The maid brought Mr. Wu’s coffee out.

You looked at Kris who mouth something to you. “Yes, I was already awake. I’m sorry for making you wait.” You tried hard not to smack Kris in the head. The maids brought the food and Kris quickly starting to eat. *You’re going to pay for this jerk.*

Mr. Wu put his paper down and looked over to Kris. “Don’t worry, you didn’t make us wait, right Kris.”

Kris looked up and stared at the both of you. “Uhm...no not at all.” You could tell that he was lying.

The maid brought your food and set it on the table. You took a sip of your drink and realized that it wasn’t orange but peach. Kris saw you make a disgusted face as you took a sip of it. “What’s wrong with you today?”

You quickly set the glass on the table. You shook your head as you tried hard to drink it. 

Kris took the glass away from you and took a sip of it. “It’s peach right.”

You nodded your head as you tried taking the glass away from him. “I’ll just ask for orange juice don’t worry about it.” 

But it was already too late. Kris had called the maid that brought the juice for you. “Next time don’t bring anything that has peaches for her! You hear me.”

You got embarrassed that Kris was being all rude. The maid awkwardly nodded her head and took the glass away.

“You don’t like peaches?” Mr. Wu curiously asked.

“Yes, I have disliked them since I was little.” You answered as Kris continued eating.

“Here you go Miss, sorry about the glass before.” The maid apologized before leaving.

Mr. Wu nodded his head, “I guess Kris and you have gotten to know each other better.”

You didn’t know how to responded so Kris answered for you.

“Yes, we have.” Kris looked over to his grandfather.

“I’m glad to hear that things are working well for the both of you. This means that I will soon be a great grandfather, right.” Mr. Wu joyfully answered.

Upon hearing this Kris spit out his coffee and you started to blush really bad. “Can we please not discuss about that here! I’m trying to eat.” Kris whipped his mouth. You didn’t look up.

Mr. Wu kept smiling to himself. “What I just want to see my great grandson before dying.”

“Can we not discuss this, please?” Kris couldn’t even look at you either.

Mr. Wu agreed with Kris. Mr. Wu ate for a while until he got a phone call and left early to work. “I’m sorry but I have to go to the office.”

It was really awkward for you and Kris to say anything after he left. You just continued eating as the maid clean Mr. Wu’s plate. Kris finished earlier than you and left you eating alone. *Ugh, I could finally breath in peace without feeling all awkward.*

~

*If I stayed one minute with her, I would have gone insane.* Kris sat on the couch and covered his face. “I can’t believe that my grandfather would say something like that. Ugh that was too embarrassing.” Kris got up and headed to the closet to get ready and go out with his friends, instead. He noticed that your stuff were scattered all over the place. “Doesn’t she know how much I hate it when people leave a mess?” Kris grabbed your purse and started putting all of your stuff back. As he was cleaning up he noticed a large enveloped that was folded in half. He didn’t know if he should put it back or check what was inside. *No, I can’t do it. She’s going to freak out when she finds out that I opened her stuff up.* He went out of the closet to check if you hadn’t come back yet. He quickly put the enveloped back in your bag but he was curious to know why it was all heavy. Kris took a quick peek and noticed that they were pictures of Lay and you. He dropped your bag on the ground and scattered the pictures on the table. “What the hell?” He thought as he picked picture after picture. 

 

After finishing up, you didn’t want to go anywhere near Kris so you decided to walk around outside. You looked up at the sky and noticed that clouds were starting to form and the wind was starting to pick up. You sat on a bench, next to the pool. “I want to kill myself, that was so embarrassing. I never want to be put in that situation ever again, not with that jerk.” You hid your face with your hands. 

You were starting to get cold, “I wondered if that jerk left already.” You quickly went to go check and see if he was gone. You passed by his office and knocked on the door but there was no answer. You peeked your head in but it was too dark. “Does that mean he left, already?” “Finally.” You went to go see if he was still in the room. When Kris heard the door slam he came out of the closet.

“Uh...I thought you weren’t home.” You said scratching your head and smiling at him. Your smile soon faded when you noticed Kris with a brown enveloped. “You didn’t! How could you go through my stuff, without my permission?” You said in shock.

“This is my house and I have every right to go through your stuff.” Kris voice rose. “You should have told me early, that someone was black mailing you.”

“Give it to me and just because I live in your house doesn’t give you the right.” You ran to snatch the enveloped away from Kris but you couldn’t.

“I won’t give it to you, until you tell me who is doing this?” Kris rose his arm so that you wouldn’t be able to reach the envelope. 

You tried reaching for the envelope but Kris was too tall. “It’s none of your business. I could solve it myself and if you get involved it will only make things worse. That’s why I kept it a secret.” You stepped back away from him.

You watch as Kris wouldn’t let go off the envelope. “I’m your husband! So I have the right to know who the hell is doing this to you.”

You gave out a laugh, “Now your ‘calming’ to be my husband. Don’t make me laugh.”

Kris was in shocked by your remark that he didn’t know how to respond. “Now, give me the envelope.” You said bringing him back to his senses.

Kris shook his head, “I’m not giving it to you and I’m going to figure out who’s behind this.”

“Fine, do whatever you want.” You walked straight to the door but Kris blocked your way.

You crossed your arms and looked at him. “Could you please move?”

“I’m not letting you leave this room until you tell me who gave you this photos.” There was no way of getting out with Kris blocking the door.

You gave out a sigh, “Trust me. If you interfere this will only make things complicated.”

Kris was now the one laughing at your remark. “Trust you...A minute ago you told me I wasn’t your husband and now you want me to trust you.”

Just hearing those words made your heart get a sharp pain. “Kris...”

Kris pretended not to hear his name and continued talking over you. “I never trusted you since day one, since all you been after is my money. Isn’t that correct? If all you want is my money here is all that I have.” Kris pulled out his wallet and throw all the money he had and credit cards at you.

You stared at the money and credit cards that he throw at you. You couldn’t even open your mouth.

“What cat got your tongue?” Kris smirked at you. “If you want more money, all you have to do is sleep with me. Any ways, we could finally fulfill my grandfather’s wishes.” Kris got closer and whispered in your ear.

You pushed Kris away from you. “I was never after your money. As much as you didn’t want to marry me, I felt the same way you did. Don’t worry, I already made up my mind and I’ll divorce you after a year.” You tried hard not to cry.

Kris rolled his eyes. “I won’t ever sign those papers and I really hate it when girls cry.”

You tried whipping the tears off your eyes, “If you want to know who send me those pictures it was Sera. Are you happy? Isn’t that what you want me to tell you? Do whatever the hell you want but I only warned you to not get involved.” You walked away from him.

“I’m not done with you.” Kris grabbed your wrist. “I’ll only give you the divorce after you sleep with me.” 

You slapped Kris in the face. “You’re an awful jerk.” Kris let go off you and you quickly ran towards the bathroom and locked the door. Kris rubbed his check, he could still feel the stinging in his cheek. He throw the envelope aggressively onto the floor, *Ugh, I just messed things up.* 

You could hear him kicking stuff. You were scared at what he might end up doing to you. 

Kris walked towards the bathroom but stopped himself from knocking the door. He shook his head and grabbed the envelope. 

When you didn’t hear him anymore you opened the door up and peeked outside. You slowly walked out, making sure that he was gone. You had no idea where he went and didn’t care.

 

“Glad your finally hanging out with us.” Kai said, giving Kris some alcohol. Kris rejected the glass and pushed it back to Kai.

Chen gave Kris a small applauded, “W-wow! Your not drinking, today?”

“I didn’t came here for that.” Kris said annoyed.

“Than what did you came here for.” Tao ate some grapes.

Kris switch his attention to him, “I’m here to see Luhan.”

“Just your luck, he went on a business trip with Baekhyun and won’t return until next week.” Chen took a sip of his drink.

Kris messaged his temples. “So, where is your wife? You’re not interested in her, right.” Kai looked around to see if you came with Kris.

Kris glared at Kai waiting for him to continue. “Why are you asking for her?” Kris asked him.

Kai poured more alcohol into his glass. “Just wondering, so that maybe I could fool around with her. You know for a bit.”

Tao shushed Kai up, “Dude, your drunk. You don’t even know what your talking about.”

Kai laughed while clapping his hands. “I’m being serious here, she’s pretty hot if you think about  it. Right Kris?” 

Kris quickly got up from his seat and grabbed Kai from the collar of his shirt. “Don’t you ever say that again!”

“Kris, his drank. You know how he gets when he drinks.” Chen tried calming Kris down.

“What finally interested in her?” Kai said raising his voice.

“What if I am?” Kris tried hard not to punch him.

“Or, are you jealous that she might sleep with me instead. Like half the girls that tried hitting on you.” Kai pulled away from Kris.

Tao kept telling him to be quiet. “If you say one more thing...” Kris blood was boiling.

Kai interrupted Kris, “What? Your getting mad because I really want to sleep with her. She looks really easy, just look how she married a player.” Kris didn’t warned him anymore and punched him across the face. Kai didn’t let himself get punched and fought back. Chen and Tao tried stopping them.

“Don’t you ever say that again about her! She’s my wife and she doesn’t go around like half the girls you dated. She’s not as easy as she looks.” Kris tried pulling away from Chen.

Tao held onto Kai. “Come on Kris, I’m not scared off you!” Kai yelled back.

Tao tried calming Kai up, “Just be quiet your too drank to function and you don’t even know what your saying.”

“It’s best if you go home, Kris.” Chen said taking Kris outside. Chen finally released Kris, when they were away from Kai. Kris fixed his jacket.

“You know how he gets when he drinks. He doesn’t mean it as a friend. His the most loyal out of all of us.” Chen gave Kris a pat on his shoulder before going inside. “I’ll talk to you tomorrow and make Kai apologize to you when his sober.”

Kris didn’t say anything and whipped the blood off his lip. When Chen left back inside, Kris went back to his car. “Hey, are you home?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m home. Did something happened?” Sera asked worried.

Kris scratched the back of his head. “No, I just want to talk to you. That’s all. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, I’ll wait for you.” Sera replied back. Kris nodded his head even though, she couldn’t see him and hanged up.

 


Since its summer vacation already and I don’t have much to do at home. I decided to work on another chapter. I'm already trying to write the next chapter plus I’m almost done with it. Hehe~

Thank you guys for continuing to read my story!

P.S. I love reading comments :3

(C) gif is not mine