Feelings

Married to a Stranger

Lay tried making small chat here and there so that it wouldn’t be awkward between the two of you. You kept laughing as he told you funny stories of his childhood and how it brought back memories when he was playing with the little kids. 

“This is one of my favorite restaurants.” Lay looked out the window as the car approach the restaurant.

 

He was the first one to get out the car. You watched as  he got an umbrella out. He opened the door for you, you shyly nodded as you got out. “Here I don’t want you to get wet.” Lay put the umbrella over your head. You felt bad that he was getting wet. 

“Lay, your getting wet.” You looked at him but he was to distracted holding the umbrella for you. 

 

The lady at counter showed Lay and you to an empty table. There were a few people inside the restaurant. “Just call me when you guys are ready.” She told you and Lay as she left.

“You should try the ramen, its the best.” Lay put his menu done and waited for the waitress. She quickly came back after Lay put down the menu. “Are you guys ready to order?” She grabbed her small notebook.

“I’ll have the ramen and some water.” Lay handed her the menu.

The lady looked at you waiting for your order. “I’ll have the same thing his having.” She nodded and left.

“Do you have a soccer game here?” You broke the silence between Lay and you.

“Nope, I’m here for training.” Lay taped his fingers on the table.

“Are you staying for vacation?” It was now his turn to ask you. You nodded looking down.

“So you must be having fun.” Lay grabbed his water as soon as it was brought.

“Well, not really.” You honestly answered.

“Why? It's so pretty here and there’s a lot you could do.” Lay tried cheering you up. “Oh, I see you came alone.”

“Well, not really.” But you were interrupted when the food arrived. *Wow, this restaurant sure is fast.* You looked at your food and digging in. Your eyes widened at how amazing the ramen was.

Lay giggled to himself. “Do you like it?”

You looked up at him, trying to taste the flavor. “Yes, this has to be the best ramen I have tasted in my life.” 

Lay kept grinning at himself.

 

When you were done eating, you were so stuff that you couldn’t even get up. “Do you want some soju?” 

“I can’t drink, yet.” You confessed to him, even though you drank when Kris was around.

“What? Really, how old are you, if you don’t mind me asking.” He sounded curious.

“I’m nineteen. Your probably older then me.” You tried not making it sound bad.

“I’m 21 years old.” Lay said trying not to laugh. *His younger than Kris by one year. Ugh, I’m thinking about that jerk again.* You shook your head trying to not think of Kris. You looked at your ring finger and noticed that you weren’t wearing your wedding ring. *Aish, I forgot that stupid ring.*

“Hey, I’m talking to you.” Lay motion his hand up and down your face trying to catch your attention.

You smiled at him and hid your hand away. “Oh, I’m sorry. I just getting a bit tired right now.”

Lay nodded and signaled the waitress for the bill. “I will pay.” But you remembered you didn’t have money with you.

Lay raised his eyebrow, “I’ll pay its my treat.” 

“I would stop you but I forgot my wallet.” You said blowing on your bangs and pouting. Lay smiled to himself. 

 

Kris Pov

Kris looked everywhere for you but you were no where to be found. He decided to go look around again and see if he accidentally missed you. He was getting tired of looking for you. “Where is she hiding?” Kris stopped to take a rest. He looked out the window and noticed that the rain was getting heavy. *Aish, she’s making me more worry. What if something happened to her. No, Kris don’t think that.* He bit his lips and thought where was the last place you would go. He looked back outside and remembered that the whole morning you kept looking at the beach. “That idiot, went to the beach, in this kind of weather.” Kris didn’t even grabbed an umbrella and ran out.

The rain hit his face making it hard for him to see. He started running to the beach. When he got there his clothes were soaking wet. He looked left and right but no one was around. It was only him. The waves crushed against the rocks making the water raise higher. “Your so in trouble for losing her, Kris.” Kris could see his breath as he breathed out. He jogged a few more to see if you were standing some where, waiting for the rain to stop but there was no sign of you. Kris heart started to beat faster, each time he couldn’t find you. Kris looked at his watch and released that it was getting late. The dark gray clouds in the sky made the evening darker than usual. Kris took one last glance around and decided to go back and ask someone.

“Mr. Wu, You are soaking wet." The manger hurried over to Kris but Kris brushed him off. The people around him stared at him as he dripped of water. Kris was starting to worry more.

 

Jinae Pov

Lay dropped you off at the hotel where you were staying. “Thanks for the ride back.” You took off this coat and return it to him. 

“Are you going back to take care of your little brothers.” Lay smiled.

You played along with him, “I don’t want them to get in trouble again.” Lay started laughing and signaled the driver to drive off. You waved at him as he left. 

 

Midway Lay forgot to ask you for your number but it was to late to go back, since he was already late for his schedule. He made a fist but released his grip. “Lay your such an idiot, you won’t ever see here again.” He shook his head.

 

 

*I’m so in trouble with Kris.* Was all you kept thinking as you approached the room. You had to stop, just to think of what you where going to say to him. 

“I’m even scared to face him.” Your hands were shaking. You stopped before knocking at the door. Each time you thought you were ready to knock you end up not knocking. You place your forehead on the door, closed your eyes, and took a deep breath. When you where done you fixed your bangs and knocked on the door. You looked down and preparing to get yelled by Kris.

Kris didn’t yell or say anything when he open the door. He stood their speechless, as if he saw a ghost. You looked up when Kris wasn’t saying anything. His face got really pale and had a relive look on his face. His clothes were soaking wet for some reason. 

“Kris, your clothes are soaking wet.” You said worried. Kris stepped back to let you in, he closed the door behind you.

“Kris, are you alright?” You poked him on the arm. Kris came closer to you. *His going to hit me again.* You closed your eyes and waited for him to smack you but instead you felt his cold body against you. Your clothes started to get soak. Your eyes got wide when he hugged you tightly, you could feel his cold body against yours.

“Don’t you ever do that again.” Kris place his head closed to your neck. You stood there in shook, as he breathed onto your neck, sending you chills. You cheeks started to turn red and your heart started to beat fast.

“Don’t you run away without telling me where you are going.” Kris let go off you and grabbed you from the shoulders and stared deep into your eyes. His eyes seemed sincere and worried at the same exact time. You nodded at him still not knowing what to say to him.

“You had no idea how worried I was getting when I couldn’t find you. I spent all day looking for you like an idiot. I was ready to have a panic attack any minute.” Kris once again started to hug you tightly. You didn’t know what to do, so you patted him on the back lightly. You let him stay like that for a while, until you noticed that his temperature was raising.

“Kris, you should change your clothes.” You told him as he still hugged you tightly. Kris shook his head, you could feel your dress getting more wet.

“I don’t want to. Let’s just stay a few more minutes like this.” He whined.

“No, Kris. You have to change or else your going to get sick.” Kris released you and noticed that your clothes your soaking also. He pushed back his hair and nodded at you. His face looked really pale, you helped him sit on the couch. “Sit here for a few seconds, I’m going to look for some dry clothes so that you could put on.” You got up but he grabbed you by the wrist. “Don’t leave me alone ever again.” Kris had a more sincere look in his face then before.

“I won’t but please let me look for some dry clothes so that you could wear.” You begged him. He finally released you. You hurried over to his room to look for a dry shirt and pants. When you found them you went back to give them to him.

“Here wear this.” You handed it to him.

“What about you?” Kris looked at your soaked sundress.

“I’ll change when you put this on.” He got up and hugged you again. 

“Fine.” You could feel him pouting like a little kid. You pushed him into the bathroom. While he was inside you grabbed a dry towel. Kris came out of the bathroom and you quickly hurried over to him. 

“Here let me dry your hair.” You tiptoed so that you could reach him but he grabbed your hands lightly. 

This time he didn’t grabbed you tightly like before. “Go change and I’ll do it.” You gulped when he kept looking into your eyes. He let you go and you hurried to find something to change into. You hurried inside the bathroom, as you ran pass Kris smiled at you. 

You closed the bathroom door behind you. You slide down the door and placed your hand on your heart, “Kris don’t act all nice around me anymore. Your going to make me fall for you each time you come looking for me.” You took deep breaths and shook your head.

 

You slowly open the door and looked to see if Kris was in the room but he wasn’t. You picked up the wet clothes and hanged them to dry.

Kris was waiting for you in the living room but was dozing off to sleep. “Kris, you need to go sleep in your bed.” You poked him, you felt that his forehead was warm. 

“Kris are you sick?” Kris shook his head and stomped his way to his bed. You hurried to take the bed cover off. Once he was lying down you hurried to get a wet towel so that you could put on his forehead. 

“I’m okay.” He mumbled. You place the towel on his head and sat down on the bed besides him. Kris kept looking at you making you feel uncomfortable.

 

When his fever went down, you cleaned everything up. You went back to check if  his fever was still down. “I think you’ll be alright.” You said ready to turn the lights off.

Kris stopped you. “Are you going to sleep outside?” 

You bit your lip and nodded. “Yes, why?”

He tried getting up, “Don’t sleep outside anymore.”

You gave him a confused smile. Kris grabbed your hand, “I don't want you sleeping outside anymore.”

You eyes widened when he said that. “Kris but...”

“We’re married so theres no problem with sleeping in the same bed.” Kris tried to see your reaction. *He probably wants something, that’s why his acting all nice.* 

You couldn’t win against Kris. “Fine.” You shyly responded him. He moved over to make room for you. You got in, but you felt awkward. “Don’t do anything creepy to me at night.” You said facing away from Kris.

“I won’t.” He chuckled to himself. You stared into the dark room. Kris was a few inches away from you. His breathing was normal, making it hard for you to fall asleep. *No Jinae you have to fall asleep.* You forced yourself to sleep.

 

Somehow during the night you forgot that you were sleeping next to Kris and ended up moving closer to him. Your head resting on his chest, while he hold your head in his arm. Kris also had his other hand wrapped around your waist. 

 

The sunlight hit threw the window onto your face, you wanted to sleep but the light kept disturbing you. Kris tried moving over but your leg was wrapped with his so he came closer. His face was inches away from your face. You slowly open your eyes when you felt a hand on your waist bringing you closer to him. 

Your eyes widened when you saw Kris face. *I thought I told him to not do anything weird last night* You quickly pushed him away from you and sat on the bed. Kris opened his eyes when he felt a push. 

He smiled to himself and rubbed his eyes. “Good morning.” 

You were surprised that he smiled at you. “I-I thought I told you last night to not do anything weird.” You covered you face with the nearest pillow.

Kris got up. “Didn’t I told you that we’re married and it doesn’t matter.” He tried seeing your face by removing the pillow.

“No, Kris don’t.” Your face was turning red. Kris tried removing the pillow away from your face but you kept pushing him away. “What’s wrong?” Kris said in a serious tone.

“Nothing.” You peeked from the pillow.

“Than why are you hiding your face.” Kris asked. You shook your head. Kris once again tried removing the pillow away from your face. Without knowing that you were on the edge of the bed you fell back. Kris hurried over to check if you were okay. *Idiot are you trying to kill me or what?* You rubbed your .

“I didn’t meant to, are you okay.” Kris tried helping you up.

You examine his face expression and without thinking you said. “Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden? I thought you hated me. Did the fever affect something in your head?”

Kris let go of you, “Can’t I be nice to you?” His voice rose.

You glared at him and softly whispered. “I knew it. It was jut pity that you lost me yesterday.”

Kris didn’t answer. “I’ll go get ready for whatever plans we have today.” You walked out of the room. Kris just watched you as you left the room to the living room, without saying anything. Kris followed after you a few seconds later. “It was never pity.” 

You didn’t look at him at all. You stared at your clothes making his words ringed in your ears. When you were going to say something he was gone to get ready. You grabbed some jeans, a shirt and a cardigan.

 

As usual, Kris was waiting for you to get ready. When he meet your eyes he quickly looked away. You bit your lip and started putting away your makeup. “I’m done.” You softly said as you grabbed your bag. Kris got up and walked passed you. He was wearing dark jeans, with a white button up skirt, and a dark coat. You closed the door behind you.

The atmosphere in the elevator was awkward, you looked away from him and played with your fingers. “Kris, I’m sorry for what I said earlier.” Kris looked at you surprised. “What?” He pretended to not hear the first time.

You fixed your bangs, “I said, I was sorry for what I said earlier.”

A big smile formed on Kris’ face. “Good.” He said.

As soon as the door opened Kris grabbed your hand. Your heart started to beat fast again. “W-where are we going, today?” You stomped at your words. 

“You’ll see.” Kris said.

 

The weather outside was sunnier and a bit warmer considering that it was mid-October. Kris still hold your hand, you kept staring at him and noticed that he was still smiling. “Ta-dah!” Kris staid letting go of your hand. Next to him stood two bikes.

“I haven’t ridden a bike in so long.” You walked closer.

“Me neither, I used to rode my bike every sunday when my parents were still alive but stopped when they past away. So I thought maybe I should ride one today.” Kris faced seemed happy but their was a hinting of sadness. You bit your lip and gave him a weak smile.

“Okay, no more sad stories. Let’s go for a ride.” Kris said to you.

You got on, Kris hold the bike for you so that you wouldn’t fall. “I think I’ll be alright.” He let go and went to get on his. “Come on!” He was already paddling away. You smiled to yourself and followed next to him.

“Kris, how come you didn’t wear comfortable clothes.” You asked him.

“This are my comfortable clothes.” He said giggling. You were surprised that he didn’t scold you or said something stupid. It was weird seeing him giggle at you. Kris and you didn’t say much after that, you rode in silence. The silence wasn’t awkward, it was peaceful. He past by the beach and smiled back at you.

When he thought that he was ridding to fast he would stop and wait for you. *Kris, don’t.* You thought every time he would stop. Your heart would started beating fast again each time he smiled at you.

 

After ridding the bike for a few hours, Kris thought it was best to go back to hotel. You gave him back the bike. “What happened to your ring?” Kris stared at your hand. You quickly hid your hand away from him. “Let me see.” Kris stared at you. You shook your head.

“Let me see.” Kris got closer to see your hand. “You lost it, didn’t you.”

“I didn’t lose it.” You confessed.

“Then why aren’t you wearing it.” He voice rose.

“I forgot to wear it, that’s all.” You looked at the ground. 

“Mr. Wu, you have a call waiting for you at the lobby desk.” The manger came running to him. Kris looked at you and than at the manger. “I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Did you forget your phone?” You asked him.

“No, I have it right here.” He said pulling it out of his pocket to check if he had any missing calls.

“That’s weird, no one called my phone.” He said putting it back on his pocket. “Go eat something, here’s the card so that you could pay.” He said leaving you alone. You watched as he walked away with the manger.

 

You ordered a coffee and a beagle and sat down waiting for Kris. He was taking longer than usual, you looked to see if he was coming but he was no where to be seen. Your coffee was starting to get cold. You finally spotted Kris coming over to you, he had a worried look on his face again. His eyes were watery. You quickly got up, when he was coming towards you. “I was waiting for you so that we could eat.” You shyly said.

“We have to go.” His voice was shaky.

“But we haven’t eaten.” You responded.

“I don’t care about eating but we have to go back to Seoul!” His voice rose, making you worry.

 


I finally got 100+ subscribers. I’M FREAKING OUT, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I never thought I would reach 100 subscribers.

I was supposed to update Wednesday but I was busy, sorry about that.

Hehe I wondered what happened...oh the suspense. Comment and Subscribe! Please & Thank you.