First Encounter

Married to a Stranger

No Ones’ POV 

The door opened and 187 cm tall young man walked in with Mr. Choi behind him. You were curious to know who the strange young man was. Kris looked at you and gave you a cold glare, making you look away quickly. You knew that if looks could kill, you would be dead.

“Kris, your finally here.” Mr. Wu said.

“Sorry grandfather if I made you wait.” Kris bowed to his own grandfather. *, is he the one I’m supposed to get marry with.* You thought to yourself.

“Don’t worry about it Kris. I’m just glad your here.” His grandfather cleared his throat preparing to say more. “Kris, I would like you to meet someone special.”

*Don’t tell me I’m supposed to get married to that idiot over there.* Kris looked at you. You gave him a small shy smile. 

“Jinae, please stand up.” Mr. Wu said. You did as you were told and stood up awkwardly. You fixed your dress, trying to pull it down.

“Kris, this is the person your going to get married with. Please, treat her kindly.” Mr. Wu said, bring you closer to Kris. “Grandpa Wu, is he the one I’m marrying?” You questioned him confused.

*Oh gosh, she is an idiot after all. Didn’t she hear my grandfather say that I’m marrying her? And why is she calling him Grandpa Wu?* Kris thought as he kept his fake smile on. “Yes, Jinae his going to be your husband, soon.” Mr. Wu replied. You hated hearing the word ‘husband’ it made you feel uncomfortable, and the word send chills down your spine. *He looks nice.* You looked at Kris.

“Kris, this is Jinae’s grandfather.” Kris bowed to Mr. Lee. “Its a pleasure to meet you, I heard a lot from you. Thank you for saving my grandfather.” Kris again bowed.  

“I should be thanking you for taking my granddaughter as your future wife.” Your grandfather said. You awkwardly stood as you looked at Kris.

“We should head over to the hall and announce our announcement.” Mr. Wu said dragging along your grandfather. He singled Kris to hold his arm out for you. Kris extended his arm. You gave him a weird look. 

When his grandfather wasn’t around, he told you. “Your supposed to hold onto my arm. You’re really are an idiot after all.” 

You gave him a strange look. “Who are you calling an idiot?” 

Kris gave you a face. “On second thought, your a jerk.” You said without thinking. You quickly place your hands on your month. “You should be grateful that I agreed to marry you. Cause without my help you would have lost everything.” 

“I never agreed to get marry to a jerk face and you could call off the engagement for all I care.” You had forgotten your promise that you had made with your grandfather. Kris made you feel really irritated.

“Fine, if that’s what you wish darling.” Kris came closer to you. His face was inches away from your face. 

“F-fine.” You mumbled. Kris walked out of the room ready to call to his grandfather, when you grabbed onto his jacket. Kris grinned to himself.

“Please don’t break off the engagement. I’m sorry for what I said.” You said with her head down, remembering what you had promised your grandfather. *She is a gold digger after all.* Kris hated people that just used him for his money.

“Kris hurry up!” Kris heard his grandfather calling him. He motioned for you to hold onto him. You still had her head down and grabbed onto him. You wanted to cry but you hold your tears back. 

 

Jinae’s (Your) POV

*I have to do this for my grandfather. I can’t let him down.* You kept repeating to yourself. You looked up and noticed Kris was annoyed. You looked down again, not saying anything.

Both of you enter the hall, and soon all eyes where on Kris and you. Kris putted on a smile. You tried forming one but couldn’t. *His so fake.* You thought as you rolled your eyes.

You could hear the people whispering and talking about you. “Wow, she’s gorgeous.” “Which family did she come from?” “Kris looks happy with her.” “I wonder how they meet.” “I never heard anything of them dating.” “She looks like a model.” “Are they dating?” “Who is she?”

“Smile or else.” Kris whispered to you. You did what he told you and formed a fake smile onto your face. Kris and you went to go sit down. 

Kris pulled the chair for you and you quickly sat down. *I want to smack that fake grin off his face.* You thought when Kris hurried to sit down. You noticed many new faces and some famous people at the party. You felt awkward, that she couldn’t sit well.

Mr. Wu stood up and soon the guest started to clap. “Thank you.” He said smiling. “I would like to thank every one of you for take the time to come. I know that every one of you are busy and don’t have the time to be here. I’m really grateful, thank you. Before I let you guys enjoy your night, I would like to clear up the rumors. As you all have heard that Kris is engage, the rumor is true. I would like to introduce you to Lee Jinae, Kris’ future wife.” Mr. Wu, motioned for you to get up. You stood up and bowed before sitting back down. The guest clapped and Kris looked at you annoyed.  

You took a sip of your water and place it on the table, your hands were shaking.

“Kris, I would like to congratulate you and I hope that you would be happy.” Grandpa Wu, said look at Kris. 

Kris stood up and took the microphone from his grandfather. “I would also like to thank the guest for coming. I am getting married soon and right now all I could say is I’m happy. We also have plan to get married next month.”

You were drinking water and started to choke on it from the news. The waiter who was standing next to you hurried to help you but you motioned him to not come. *What have I gotten myself into?* You placed your hands on your face.

“We well soon come up with a date and let you all know. Please enjoy yourself and have a wonderful night.” Kris sat down and handed back the microphone to his grandfather.

“Cheers to Kris and Jinae for getting engaged.” Grandpa Wu grabbed his glass. “Cheers.” The guest said rising their glasses up. Kris grabbed his and took a sip of his champagne. 

You grabbed your glass of water, taking a sip and than putting it down. 

When Grandpa Wu was done talking Kris got up and left leaving you all alone. *What I’m I supposed to do. Just sit here all day.* You thought looking at the guests who were having fun.  “Grandpa, I want to go home. I’m tried.” You whined. 

“Let’s stay a few more hours.” Your grandfather said. “Fine then I’ll be back in a couple of minutes. I’m going to go wonder off.” You stood up and walked around. “Fine and don’t cause any trouble.” Your grandfather told you and you nodded. 

*Where did that jerk go off to?* You thought looking all around. A few guests come up to you and congratulated you. You smiled at them and thanked them. You hurried off before more people came to talk to you and ask you questions.

You decided to head out to the pool area but when you arrived you heard some guests arguing. *I should leave.* You thought, turning around to head back inside but something caught your attention. “Babe, listen to me.” The woman voice said. “Don’t call me that anymore.” His voice was angry. “Fine, Kris.” She said calmly. 

*What’s going on? Kris?* You thought, hiding to not get noticed. “Are you finally going to tell me that you want to get married to me.” Kris looked away from her. *I can’t see who she is.* You tried getting a better look at the girl who was with Kris but couldn’t. “Kris, I’m sorry but I don’t want to marry you. I want to focus on my dreams right now.” She looked at Kris.

“Once I get marry to her, we can’t be together anymore. You know that right?” Kris voice started to calm down. She nodded her head. “I know, Kris.” 

“Kris, your grandfather isn’t going to approve of us being together. He doesn’t see me as more than just a friend to you.” She looked down. 

“I know but I would do anything to make my grandfather like you. Jinae is only getting married to steal my money later. She’s just an annoying person that my grandfather decided to marry me off to.” Kris hold her hand but she let go.

“I’m sorry Kris but I can’t marry you.” She walked off leaving Kris alone. Kris sat down and put his hands on his face before giving out a big sigh. You decided to leave also and head back inside. You were careful to not let Kris see you. 

 

“Your back.” Your grandfather said. “Yeah, I’m back.” You sat down looking at your hands. “Is something wrong?” Your grandfather asked you. You shook your head forming a smile across your face. 

“Jinae, I would like you to meet someone.” Mr. Wu said. You looked up and noticed a young woman next to Mr. Wu. Her hair was nice and long with curls. She had cute black dress on that fix her perfectly. She made you feel ugly. 

“This is Sera, Mr. Choi’s daughter.” Mr. Wu add. “Nice to meet you.” You said politely, bowing. “Sera, this is Kris almost to be wife, Jinae.” Mr. Wu said. “I heard many thing from you. Mr. Wu, is really happy to be getting a wonderful granddaughter.” She smiled at you. “Thank you.” Was all you could think of. “I’m really happy to get to meet you.” Sera said sitting down next to you. *She seems familiar.* You were trying hard to remember, where you had seen her before. “Hopefully, we could become really good friends.” You nodded at Sera’s idea. 

“I have to look for my father.” Sera stood up bowing to leave. "We should chat some other time and get to know each other." Sera said before hurrying to go find her father.

“Jinae, are you having fun?” Mr. Wu asked you. “Yes.” You lied, to Mr. Wu. “I’m glad to know that your having fun. Have you seen Kris?” Mr. Wu asked trying to see if he could spot Kris. Last time you saw him was at the pool area. “No, I’m sorry.” You lied again, trying to sound honest. “Okay then, I’ll go look for him.” Mr. Wu left trying to go look for Kris.

“Grandpa, I don’t feel well.” You said pouting. “Stop lying, Jinae.” Her grandfather said. “I’m not! I’m serious. Let’s go home, please. I really don’t feel good.”

“Fine. Let’s go then. But he have to go find Kris and Mr. Wu to say our goodbyes.” Your grandfather stood up. You nodded and quickly stood up to find them. 

You finally spotted them and hurried to them. Kris looked at you annoyed and you stuck your tongue out at him when his grandfather wasn’t looking. “Grandpa Wu, I need to go home.” You said. Mr. Wu was worried. “I don’t feel well and I think it would be best if I go home and rest.” You said only talking to Kris’ grandfather and ignoring Kris. 

“Awe, Really? I’ll tell the driver to take you and Kris please go with them.” Mr. Wu said looking at Kris. “Yes, grandfather.” Kris answered.

*No! Please don’t come. Why?* You wanted to punch herself. Kris grinned at you.

You bowed to Mr. Wu and hurried to the car. 

“Grandpa, Let’s go.” You pulled your grandfather. “W-wait, I-I c-can’t r-run.” Her grandfather said, between breaths. “Hurry grandpa.” You said trying to reach the car. 

You opened the door and quickly got in and locked the door. “Can you please drive?” You said trying to see if Kris was near. “What! No, we have to wait for Kris.” Your grandfather tried stopping the driverr from leaving. “But grandpa.” You locked the door. 

Kris arrived and tried opening the door but couldn’t. “Jinae open the door for Kris.” Your grandfather was getting annoyed. "No, let's just leave." You tried blocking Kris from your sight. "Jinae!" Your grandfather's voice started to raise. “Fine.” You said opening the door and making room for Kris. You crossed your arms and pouted to yourself the whole why home. *If it wasn’t for my grandpa, I would have left you and gone home alone.* You thought, looking straight ahead. 

 

The car stopped at your house. You quickly got out and went to your room not saying anything. “I’m sorry Kris. I don’t know what’s wrong with her now.” Your grandfather apologized to him. “No, its okay.” Kris bowed and went inside his car and left.

“Jinae, open the door.” Your grandfather knocked on your bedroom door but you didn’t answer. “Fine, I’ll leave you alone.” He left, looking worried.

 


Thank you to my 10 subscribers. I'm really happy that you guys enjoy reading my story. I will update soon~