I've Missed You

Married to a Stranger

A small sigh could be heard as Kris got out from the car, “Why did you brought me here?” Kris rose his eyebrow towards them as he read the sign of the host bar. He bite his lip, hiding his anger from Kai.

Kai lightly patted Kris on the shoulder, "You need a small distraction. This will do you good, trust me. Anyways, what happened to the playboy Kris?" Kai gave him a grin as he walked inside. Chen laughed out loud at Kai's comments.

“I’m going home.” Kris frowned to Tao.

Tao swiftly moved to block Kris' way, “Just hang around with us for at least an hour.” Kris glared at the sign and thought about it again. “Fine!” Kris answered with a bit of anger, and annoyance. Tao gave Kris a smile, and led the way.

Kris entered the light dim room, and sat down with an uninterested look on his face. There was a part of him that wanted to leave already but another part of him stopped him for doing so. “What changed your mind?” Kai laughed as he take a sip from his drink. Kris rolled his eyes, ignoring Kai's question.

"Cheers!" Kai raised his drink up towards Kris before chucking it all down. He mad a weird face as the alcohol burned his throat.

“Let’s just have fun already!” Chen said as he ordered more drinks. Kris took note as his friends made complete fools of themselves. *This is getting really annoying. I should have left when I still had the chance.* Kris took off his coat and placed it on his lap. He slowly pulled his sleeves up, and drop his head for a minute, releasing another sigh.

 

"When are the girls coming?" Kai said in a half drunk whine.

"Give me that. You're already drunk." Kris reached over to take the glass away from Kai. Kai moved his hand away, and ended up spilling his drink all over himself. He looked at the empty glass as he shook his head. "See what you did!" Kai quickly placed the glass on the table. He stood up reaching for the pile of napkins.

"Sorry." Kris said feeling bad. "Whatever." Kai said as he wobbled out of the room, and hold onto whatever was near him. Tao and Chen exchanged looks at one another and shrugged.

"I'll be back." Kris told Chen and Tao as he hurried to catch up with Kai. Kris saw Kai shruggling to the bathroom. He placed his hands on his hip and looked down at the ground. He took a deep breath and walked towards him.

"Let me help you." Kris supported Kai but Kai pushed him hard from him. "I'm fine!" Kai answered him annoyed. Kris took a step back and watched as Kai walked away from him.

"I'm going back with Chen and Tao then." Kris spoke softly. Kai didn't answer him back.

Back at the room, the girls that Kai invited had finally arrived. Kris awkwardly sat down, they greeted Kris but Kris coldly ignored them. He could feel as they coldly glared at him and faked their smiles towards Chen and Tao. Kris pulled out his phone as he excluded himself from the "party". After a few minutes, Kai returned. His anger went away when he noticed the girls. "I thought you guys weren't going to show up." Kai quickly sat down next to them.

One of the girls quickly spoke up, "How could we ditched you when you've been nice to us." Kris rolled his eyes at her whiny voice.

"Right." Kai said grinning at her. "This is why I always invite you guys over."

Chen got up and cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. It ended up working since everyone was staring at him. He cleared his throat one more time. and smiled at Tao, "Now that everyone is here! Let the party begin!" Everyone clapped as they yelled hooray. Kris was the only one that didn't flinch or cared.

~

"Hey new girl!" The manger called to you. "Yes, sir!" You said hurrying over to him. You watched as he poured drinks into a jug and placed them on a tray. "Distribute this to room 104, and hurry back since we are getting busier." He handed you the tray with no emotion. You nodded at him and quickly searched for the room.

"Which side was room 104 again?" You said looking around the halls for it. "Since I was assigned the east, it should be on this side for sure." You mumbled the door number to yourself.

After a while you finally found it, and entered the room. "You could place them here." One of the clients said showing you the place to set the tray down. You gave him a smile, and carefully placed the tray on the table.

"Now if you would excuse me." You said giving him a slight bow. "No, no, where are you going?" He said grabbing your wrist. You could smell the liquor scent​ coming off from his clothes. "I need to go back to work, sir." You tried hard to fake a smile. "I'll call your manger, and ask him to let you hang with us a bit more. I'm not letting a cute girl like you get away from me. Do you not reconize me?" You shook your head as you thought of excuses to leave the room.

"Such a bummer! Everywhere I go people recognize me like that." He said snapping his fingers. "Kyuhyun, just let the girl go." One of his friends yelled at him. "Give me a second, and she will be all over me when I tell her." He responded to his friend with a confident grin. 

"Do you recognize me now?" He let go of your wrist, and slightly touched your cheek. You moved your head away from his touch, and looked away. He gave out a sigh as he finally let go of you. "You're no fun!" He coldly said to you as he pushed you aside. You looked at him expressionless, "Can I leave now?"

He went back to his seat, "Do whatever the heck you want?" You finally remembered him, "I finally recall, your the son of the famous politician Mr. Kim. It was a pleasure meeting you again." You gave him a grin as you left the room. You didn't want to see his face expression when he remembered you as Kris' ex-wife.

You tried hard to still fake a smile which was getting harder each time. You hurried off to the bar again.

"Take this to the VIP lounge. It's a bit heavy so be extra careful." The manger said handed you another tray as soon as he saw you. *This is heavy.* You smiled at the manger as he looked a bit concern for you. 

*Please don't fall, please...* You kept glancing at the tray hoping that everything was still normal. You were to distracted glaring at the tray that you didn't notice where you were going. After that everything happened so fast.

You stared at your arms as the alcohol dripped down onto the carpet that was covered in shattered glassware.  There were small cuts all over your arms which began stinging from the alcohol. *What have I done?* You could barely look at the guest you bumped into. "I'm so sorry." You kept bowing without looking him in the eye because you were too him from embaress.

"Great, just what I needed!" He answered annoyed as he looked at his white shirt covered in liquior. Your eyes widened when you recognized his voice. *It can't be!*  Your hair must have covered your face really well, since he hadn't recognized you yet. "Are you okay?" He said less annoyed. You nodded as you still bowed. "You could stop that." He requested more annoyed.

You slowly stood up, trying hard to avoid his gaze. You could feel your heart drop when you felt his gaze looking at you in shock. "What are you doing here?" Kris stuttered as he looked at you in disbelief. "I'm sorry for not pay attention as to where I was going." You tried hard to put on a straight face.  

"That didn't answered my question Jinae." Kris tried hard not to yell at you. "If you like I could pay you back for the damages I have cause you?" You finally looked at him in his eyes. Kris was more in shock. "Now if you would excuse me I need to clean this mess up, and go back to work. Please talk to my manger if you have anymore complains." Your glare became colder.

"Come with me." Kris grabbed your hand, and dragged you outside. "Please stop." You begged him as his grip got tighter. His warm hands made you remember all the pain he had caused you. His grip slowly released your hand when he took you outside. You couldn't look at him again. "Why are you working here?" Kris asked in a concern tone. You couldn't answer him. Kris moved closer to you.

You slowly stepped back from him. "Please let me go back inside." You begged him one more time.

"I'm not letting you go." Kris responded back to you.

"I told you I never wanted to see you again." You coldly answered him.

Kris cleared his throat. "Now that I found you, I'm not letting you go again. You have no idea how much I've missed you." 

"Stop saying stupid stuff Kris! You ended up hurting me so much and now you beg me to come back to you." You tried going back inside but Kris stopped you again. Kris held onto your hand tightly, sending chills down your spine.

*I'm not going to cry.* You looked up at the night sky. Kris released your hand, and hugged you tightly. His scent was still the same when you first met him. 

The silence between the both of you felt like an eternity.

"My plan was never to hurt you this bad." Kris your hair with such care. You couldn't bring yourself to hugging him back. 

"Stop this Kris." You whispered to him in a hurtful tone. "Jinae comeback to my grandfather's place, and live with me again." Kris continued to your hair.

"So you could hurt me again. Stop saying really stupid things." You pushed him away from you. "Please let me live my life." You glared at him without any emotions.

You noticed Kris' glare darken, "Why don't you believe me, huh?" 

"Because..."

"Because, why?" Kris quickly asked. "Just let me go..." You begged him one last time.

"Jinae, I'm not going to, so please stop begging me to." Kris expression showed disappointment. Kris took off his coat, and placed it on your shoulders. "I won't to see you working in this kind of places."

"Why because it hurts your reputation more, and your family's name." You wanted to throw his coat at his face. Kris took a deep breathe, "That's not it. I just don't like seeing other guys harassing you." 

"At least those guys won't slap me or lose their temper each time I do something wrong." You pushed your bangs back. "I know that saying sorry won't fix anything." Kris dropped his head.

"I forgave you every time, and each time you ended up hurting me even more Kris." You tried hard to not cry. "I really cared for you." You whispered to him. "You shouldn't have married me in the first place if you were going to hurt me every time you did something stupid."

"I never regret marrying you." Kris came closer to you.

"But I do..." You stepped away from him. "I did because every time you caused me more pain. I even forgot what it was like to laugh without feeling hurt." Your voice started to sound shaky. Kris could barely stare at you. "I think divorcing each other will be best for the both of us. I promise to pay back the money you let my grandfather have."

Kris looked into your eyes which made your heart hurt even more. "With what money? Are you going to keep doing more jobs like this?"

"What's wrong with working these jobs when they pay well? There's nothing to be ashamed of." You gave him a weak smile but it didn't work for him. "You look like a ."

"And you're still going to be a womanizer each time you come to places like this. You know what they say Kris, once a cheater always a cheater." You returned his response with a grin. "I'm done talking to you." You took off his coat from your shoulders and handed it to him. Kris saw your arms bleeding, "Your bleeding."

"I know! I'm not blind!" You quickly hid the cuts from him. "Let me at least help you disinfect them." You could see that Kris was hurt by your cold responses. "I think it's best if you leave, and I could care for myself. You should at least go change clothes since you have a big red stain on your shirt." You walked away from him.

Kris didn't follow you or said anything to you anymore. You quickly ran to the girls restroom, and locked yourself inside. You finally released all the tears you were holding back, and cried for a while. *Why do you always do this to me?* You whipped the tears away from your eyes, but they still kept falling down onto your cheeks.

You took a deep breath, and fixed your makeup before going back to work. When you went back to work the manger noticed that your eyes were all swollen but he didn't say anything to you. Instead he told another girl to take care of you. "Come with me." The girl who introduce herself to you pulled you away from the bar. She led the way to the back of the kitchen.

"Show me your arms." She tapped your hand when you sat down on the chair. You extended your arms towards her. "Let me get the first aid kit, so that I could help you." She said as she disappeared to another room before you could answer her.

She returned with a small white box, and started cleaning your cuts. "Did someone harass you?" She finally asked you. You shook your head, "I accidently bumped into one of the clients, and got scolded really bad." 

"I see, he didn't do anything to you right?" She asked concerned even though she didn't believe your story. "No, he just ended up yelling at me." You continued lying to her. "You know what...something like this happened to me before. But I was lucky because the manger ended up saving me before something bad happened to me." You looked up at her not knowing what to say to her, "I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't worry about it, it's all in the past now." She gave you a heart warming smile. "Okay, I think your all set. You should help the manger, and I will take the drinks to the clients." She said putting the stuff away. "Thank you for everything, and please don't tell Sooyoung about what happened today at work." You begged her.

"I promise I won't." She gave you another heart warming smile. "Thank you again." You replied to her as she led the way to the bar.

"All better." The manger said when you returned to your post. "Yes, and sorry for causing trouble." You gave him an honestly reply.

"You don't have to worry or feel sorry. Accidents happen, right?" He said as he gave the tray to another girl. "Right." You softly responded.

For the rest of the night, you didn't see or heard of Kris which made you feel a bit calmer. "Thank you for covering for Sooyoung today." The manger said snapping you back to reality. "No, I should be the one thank you for taking care of me today." You said bowing. 

~

Tao tapped Chen on the shoulder, "Hey, what happen to Kris?" Chen looked around the room, but he couldn't spot him anywhere. "He probably left when we weren't pay attention to him." Tao looked over at Kai who was falling asleep on the couch already. "I think we should take him home." Tao got up to help him.

"Okay, ladies it's time to go home!" Chen cheerfully told them as they whined to him. "I promise that next time we go partying to invite you guys again." The girls picked up their stuff, and started leaving the messy room. "Kai, wake up!' Chen smacked him on the shoulder. Chen only heard him mumble nonsenses to himself. "Tao you grab him by his right arm, and I will grab him by his left arm." Chen took a deep breath before lifting him up.

"Kai, you idiot you're so heavy." Tao complained to him. "Every time you drink you end up like this." 

"Let's just hurry before I end up breaking my back." Chen said as he open the door, and walked him out. Tao tried hard to not drop him onto the floor. "Okay, you got this Tao." He told himself as motivation​. 

"Hey, Tao." Chen whispered over to him.

"What, and why are you whispering for?" Tao gave him a confuse look as he adjusted Kai's shoulder onto his arm. "Doesn't that look like Jinae?" Chen continued to glare at you. "Where?" Tao said looking around. "Over there." Chen continued to whisper. "Hurry up, she's leaving." 

Tao looked around.

"Oh she left." Chen said disappointed. "Did you saw? She looked a lot like Jinae?"

"Uhm, yes she did." Tao lied to him.

"Didn't it look like Jinae?" Chen finally helped Kai out of the host bar. 

"Pssh, no. Jinae is too innocent to be working here, and if Kris found out he would have this place shut down any second. He probably drag her back to his house and lock her there. Talking about her, what happen to her?" Tao was worrying about you.

"I have no idea. Kris hasn't been telling us anything about her." Chen said scratching his head.

"Youuu, knoww, w-what? If that was mee I w-would have treateddd her like a delicate flower~." Kai said mumbling to himself. 

"Don't ever say that in front of Kris or he'll end up kicking your ." Chen patted him on the back as they waited for a taxi to come.

Kai raised his head, and looked at Tao and Chen, "Kris is an idiot for losing someone like that." 

"Yeah, we all have to agree with you. Now go to sleep." Chen said to Kai as he passed out again.


Hi Subscribers,

How are you guys? I been reading all your comments to update since my last update on this story.

There's not a day that I forget to continue this story. I been busy will college and work but now that I have spring break I could update. YAY!

Sorry for the long wait OTL. I only have 1 month in a half before I'm done with school again. *Throws confetti in the air* 

I hope you enjoy this small update...more to come soon. Thank you for sticking around and having faith in me LOL

Until next time~