Apologetic

Married to a Stranger

You were glad that your shift had finally ended and you no longer had deal with annoying clients ever again. 

 

*This has to be the worst night ever! I’m never going back there again.* You thought to yourself as you took in a huge breath in. The temperature had dropped significantly that you could see your breath as you exhaled out.

 

To your surprise, there were still people walking around the city. You took a quick glanced at your phone to look at the time. “It’s almost going to be 2 in the morning.” You softly mumbled to yourself. 

 

As you took one last breath in of fresh air, you slowly started walking back home. The cool night air was really unbearable and you could feel your bones hurting from the cold. 

 

You were regretting not bringing a warmer coat as the coat you were wearing was really thin for this weather. Some of the people that passed by you gave you weird looks as how you were dressed. It didn’t bother you much that you kept ignoring those that did glanced over at you. 

 

A part of you was regretting not ordering a taxis but you knew the fresh air would make you feel better. Especially after having such a unfortunate day. All you wanted to do was forget everything that had occurred to you today. 

 

“I can’t even cry, even if I really wanted to.” You we’re lost in thought as you continue making your way back home. It was only a few miles and you were in no rush to be back home. You even forgot how cold you were, forgetting the pain you felt from the coldness.

 

As you were waiting to cross the road, there was a commotion occurring in a bar at the corner of the street. You didn’t pay much attention to it, since it was much of an interest to you. The light had finally turned green and you made you way towards were the commotion was coming from. 

 

Yelling could be heard coming from the bar, “Let me go!” The young man said in anger. You could tell he was drunk by the way he slurred he’s words. The securities were dragging him out while also yelling at him, “We don’t want to see you here, you hear me! Now get out!”

 

By this time, everyone was looking and gossiping at the commotion that was going on. Your eyes widened when you saw the 6 feet, blond, young man. As he was being toss out of the bar, the both of you made eye contact. 

 

“Kris?” You managed to say out loud. Kris wiped the tiny bit of blood from the corner of his lip. His eyes were still pierced at you. By the bruise on his left eye, you could tell he had gotten in a fight. You wanted to run away but you were stuck in place, as if you seen a ghost. Kris raised his eyebrow at you. 

 

Even thought he was a few yards away from you, you could smell the alcohol coming from him. “Are-are you okay?” You stumbled on our own words. Kris nodded his head. He was still angry, at the fact that he got kicked out. Kris glanced at you one more time before stumbling away from you. It hurt you seeing him a mess but you still couldn’t forget him for what he had done.  

 

You ran to catch up to him. “Leave me alone.” Kris told you in a soft voice. “I can’t leave you looking like this and your drunk. You can’t even walk straight.” You walked behind him. Kris mumbled something to you but it was hard to catch what he was saying. He fling his hand at you signaling you to forget it. 

 

*Your the last person I wanted to see tonight.* You thought to yourself. 

 

“Hey, look at that cute girl.” Two college age students said to one another as they waited for their ride. Kris heard and stopped walked. You weren’t paying much attention to what they were saying, so it didn’t bother you. As soon as you were closer to Kris, he grabbed your hand, and continued walking. You struggled to free yourself but he just tightened his grip. “Kris let me go.” You continue to free yourself. “No.” He responded back. You gave up knowing that he wouldn’t listen to you. 

 

“You need to go home.” You glanced at him. All he did was ignore you. “Your drunk, you have no idea what your doing. Your going to regret it tomorrow.” 

 

“I’m sorry for everything that has happen between us.” He interrupted you. You knew he didn’t mean it since he was drunk. “Jinae, I like you.” He turned to look at you. You looked down, not know what to say. “Kris, your drunk!” You snapped back at him. “We need to get you back home.” 

 

“Did you not hear what I just said!” He angrily turned towards you. All you could do was continue looking down as much as you wanted to look up at him. “I-I” Kris embraced you before you could finish your thought. His body was really warm considering that it was freezing outside. “I don’t want to lose you no more.” 

 

A part of you didn’t believe him at all. “We need to get you home.” You said in a monotone voice. “I’m going to get us a cab, so we could go to your place.”

 

You managed to get a cab and convince Kris to get in. The alcohol was starting to get to him. You’ve never seen him that drunk before. Yeah, he had gotten drunk but not to the point where he was stumbling and slurring his words. You gave the taxi driver the address to his place. *I just hope no one is at his grandfather’s place.* You started to fill anxious by the thought that someone might see you.  

 

The cab left you at the door and helped you get Kris from the back. “Miss, are you sure you’ll be okay?” The taxi driver worriedly said to you. You nodded your head, while hiding the pain from all the weight Kris was putting on your shoulder. Once the taxi left, you were trying to get Kris to sober up. “Kris, wake up. I can’t hold you up much longer.” You struggled to left him up straight. 

 

Kris somehow managed to open the door and help himself to his room. He still struggled but it was better than you having to drag him to his room. You closed the door behind you and glanced around. Everything still looked the same. Everything was quiet and it seemed like no one was around. You followed Kris to his room still remembering where it was located at. As soon as he got to his room he fell onto his bed face down. You put your bag by the dress, “Kris, need to take off your shoes.” You tapped at him. But all he did was mumble to himself.

 

You took a huge breath in, “Come on Kris!” He rolled towards his back. “Ugh, okay.” You said getting up to look for the first aid kit to clean up his wounds.

 

When you came back with the box, he was still fast asleep like you had left him. You sat down next to him. You pushed his bangs to the side to clean up the cuts and place something on his black eye. Once you were done you took off his shoes. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to get you some water.” You slowly got up. Kris continues mumble to himself.

 

“Why am I always taking care of him, especially when I want to avoid him.” You softly said to yourself making your way to the kitchen. The house really did seem empty. You grabbed a jug and a cup from the drawer placing some water in the jug. 

 

You made your way back home to his room, Kris was still fast asleep. “I’m going to go.” You softly said to him placing the jug and cup near him. Kris grabbed your wrist but let go after a while. You grabbed your bag and headed out the door. You glanced at him once last time before closing the door behind you.