Vacation Time

Married to a Stranger

“Give me the key.” You said to Kris. Kris kept talking to Chen as if you weren’t there.

“Kris, give me the key. I’m tried and my feet are killing me.” You said hitting him slightly on the arm. Kris put his hand in his pocket and left it there.

“Kris.” You said almost begging.

Kris pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to you. “Your sleeping on the couch.” You sticked your tongue out at him and cursed under your breath.

“Kris you should at least sleep on the couch and let her sleeping on the bed.” Chen interrupted the both of you. Kris shook his head. “I don’t want to have back problems later.” You wanted to face palm yourself so bad. You left Kris talking to Chen and hurried to pick up your stuff from your old room.

You moved your luggage and opened the door to the room.The first thing you saw were rose petals and candles sitting everywhere. “What is this?” You said to yourself. You doubled checked the door number and the key but it was the correct room. You were a bit creeped out. You blew out every candle to make it less weird. You started to unpack and hurried to take a shower before Kris came back to the room. After you were down you put on a sweater and tied your hair into a bun and laid on the couch. “Aish, why do I have to share this room with Kris” You place the blanket over your face.

~

“Are you going to visit Sera and see if she’s okay?” Chen asked.

Kris took a big gulp of his drink, “No, I know she did it for attention. She’ll be fine.”

Chen was surprised at Kris response. “Your grandfather is probably wonder why she fell in the pool.” Chen played with his drink.

Kris took a deep breath. “I told him that she accidentally fell inside.”

“But what about Mr. and Mrs. Choi?” Chen interrupted Kris.

“They will say the same thing that I told him. Before Sera and I date they told me that it was best if we never told my grandfather about our relationship because it was going to ruin Mr. Choi’s reputation.” Kris was getting sleepy. Chen nodded. “I’m getting sleepy so I am going to go up first.” Kris said standing up. Chen just nodded and took a sip of his drink. 

 

Kris put his hand inside his pocket and released that he had given you the key. “Great how the hell I’m I supposed to get inside now?” Kris said ruffling his hair. “Hey idiot open the door!” Kris banging on the door.

“What is it now?” You said waking up.

Kris kept banged on the door until you finally opened it. “Why didn’t you open the door fast?” Kris said pushing you out of the way.

“I was sleeping.” You said rubbing your eyes.

“And what’s with the candles and rose petals everywhere?” Kris looked around annoyed.

You shrugged half asleep. You sat on the couch, “When I got here everything was like this.”

Kris grinned to himself, “Don’t tell me you did this so that I would sleep with you tonight.”

You fully woke up when you heard Kris say that. “Don’t make me laugh.” You had a serious look on your face.

“You know we’re alone and no one is going to interrupt us.” Kris said getting close to you.

“I’m going to sleep.” You said laying down and covering your face.

Kris finally left to his room. “Why are their rose petals on the bed and shape like a heart?” You just gave out a sigh and shook your head. *I’m regret marrying him now.*

 

“Hey you wake up.” Kris said shaking you.

You felt as if you closed your eyes for a second last night. “What?!” You said half asleep. He throw a plane ticket at you hitting your on the face. “What is this?” You opened it and looked at it. 

“My grandfather gave it to me yesterday.” Kris started to go back to his room. “Get ready because our flight leaves at 9:45.” You looked at him puzzled. You laid back down and rubbed your eyes before getting up. You got up and started to look for some clean clothes. You couldn’t even hurry because Kris took longer in the bathroom. “Are you constipated or what?” You said knocking on the bathroom door.

Kris opened the door allowing you to go in. “Thank you.” You sarcastically told him as he came out.

Kris sat on the couch playing with his phone. “So where are we going?” You picked your stuff up.

“Can’t you read.” Kris didn’t look up from his phone. You rolled your eyes at him and continued packing. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* You heard Kris phone ring. “Good morning grandfather.” Kris said.

You could her Mr. Wu on the other line. “Where do you want me to keep your wedding gifts?”

Kris looked at you but you shrugged. “Uhm...I don’t know.” Kris answered.

“I’ll take them to the main house and store them up for you guys.” Mr. Wu said. “Also have fun at Jeju.”

“We will.” Kris answered before hanging up.

You stopped packing and sat down. “I’m going to live in your house, I mean we’re going to live in your grandfather’s house.”

Kris gave you a funny look. “Yeah, until I prove to my grandfather that I could mange working at the company so that he could buy an apartment for me, I mean us.”

You shook your head, “Kris are you five or what to still be living in your grandfather’s house.”

“What he has all my inherence money and I hate working.” Kris went back to looking at his phone. “And plus my grandfather doesn’t go home that much only once a week. He has apartments and hotel’s rooms where he stays at.” *Kris you spoiled brat.* You just shook your head at him again.

“If your done let’s go because the driver is probably waiting for us already.” Kris put his phone away and got his luggages. You followed after him.

“Congratulations Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu on your wedding.” The manger said as he spotted Kris and you.

“Thank you.” Kris gave him a fake smile.

You felt weird by being call after Kris’ last name. It made you cringe and get goosebumps all over your body. You bowed and tried catching up with Kris. “Kris, wait.” You called after him. Kris just kept walking. “Aish.” You said pulling your bags behind.

“I’ll help you with that.” The driver said grabbing your bag away.

“Thank you.” You said to him as you got inside the car.

“What do you wanted?” Kris looked straight ahead.

“I was telling to walk slower because my legs aren’t as long as yours.” You cringe your nose.

“Too bad, that’s not my fault.” Kris answered annoyed.

“Someone woke up moody again.” You said putting on your music.

Kris took off your headphones, “I’m been moody since I meet you.” You pulled your headphones out of his hand and put them back on. You want to smack some senses to Kris.

The drive to the airport was short but it felt like an eternity. You got out and pulled your bags as Kris kept walking fast ahead. You sat on a bench waiting for the plane number to get called. You watched as people walked back and forth. Some with families others alone on a business trips but what caught your attention was a young woman with a baby looking around. She almost looked lost or confused. The young woman carrying the baby came up to you and Kris. “Excuse me miss, I’m sorry to interrupted you but can you take care of my son for a second.” She seemed really worried. You nodded and grabbed the baby away from her. The baby started to cry as soon as his mom left. You tried rocking the baby as you seen people do on the television but it didn’t work.  “Your doing it wrong, here let me try.” Kris took the baby away from you.

You were scared that Kris might drop him so you played close attention at him. “Kris, I don’t trust you with the baby give me the baby back.” You tried pulling him away from him.

As soon as Kris hugged it, the baby stopped crying. “See even babies don’t like you.” Kris played with the baby. You looked at Kris amazed that he could take care of a baby really well, him being the jerk he is.

“Kris, do you have a soft spot for babies?” You were curious because Kris seemed really happy. Kris didn’t look up and just smiled to himself. *Well, I’ll take that as a yes.* You thought to yourself.

The babies mom finally came back, she was holding the hand of two little boys who were twins. She let go of the boys hand and took the baby away from Kris. “Thank you so much for taking care of my baby. If I didn’t find someone this little trouble makers would have gotten lost. I didn’t know who to trust until I saw you guys sitting down. Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it.” You said.

“Thank you again.” She said. You watched as the two little boys grabbed onto their mom and walked away. Kris went back to his jerk mode. “We should go check if the plane is ready.” You nodded at him.

 

To make things worse, you had to sit next to Kris on the plane. You were hoping to at least have different seats but that didn’t work out. *Mr. Wu actually wants us to be together 24/7.* You thought buckling your seatbelt. “I hate planes.” You said to yourself. You forgot the Kris was next to you and heard what you said.

“You better not throw up on me.” Kris tried moving over.

“I didn’t mean that I get sick. I get scared of flying.” You looked around the plane.

“Oh.” Kris went back to his normal seat and fixed his coat.

“Are you going to okay?” Kris asked. You nodded taking deep breaths.

“Ladies and Gentlemen were about to take off so please put on your seat belts.” The pilot said. You closed your eyes and tried imagining that you were on land. You didn’t noticed that you were grabbing into Kris’ hand tightly.

“Ouch, your nails are digging into my skin.” Kris moved his hand up and down so that you would let go. You still didn’t released your grip from him. “You’re going to be okay, we’re already flying.”

Your eyes were still closed and you shook your head. “Liar.”

“Just open your eyes and see for yourself.” Kris was still trying to get you to let go of him. “Or do you want me to help you open your eyes.”

“How are you going to open my eyes?” You asked.

“Like this.” Kris flicked your forehead, making you open your eyes.

“Jerk that hurts.” You said rubbing your forehead. “Kris that’s not nice.”

“See you opened your eyes, know can you let go of me.” Kris stared at his hand. You quickly let go and looked away.

Kris got one of the magazines that were on the seat in front and started reading. You were bored so you glanced over at what he was reading. Kris moved his shoulder so that he would block your view.

“Kris, let me see.” You tried looking over his shoulder. You eventually gave up and crossed your arms.

“Do you need anything?” The flight attended asked Kris. She was really pretty, with brownish dark hair and dark brown eyes. Her make up looked natural, and made her look like a model. She was tall and skinny but not too skinny. Her skin looked soft and flawless.

Kris looked up at her and smiled, “No I’m good thank you.” You watched Kris disgusted.

“If you need anything just ask me?” You noticed her wink at him. Kris kept smiling and nodded. You pretended to cough making her look at you and leave. You were feeling kind of jealous and you didn’t know why. Kris smile disappeared when he saw you frown. Kris went back to his magazine.

 

When the plane landed you were feeling a bit better. You walked ahead leaving Kris behind. The flight attended quickly wrote down her number and handed it to Kris. Kris received it and looked at it. “It would be nice if we meet again.” She shyly said. Kris took out his bag and walked away. 

“Mhm.” He answered. Making the flight attended feel confident again. You waited for him at the entrance. “What took you so long?”

Kris quickly shoved the paper in his pocket, “Nothing.” He answered. You shrugged your shoulders and starting to get your bags. The other driver was already waiting at the entrance.

“Did you had a good flight?” He asked Kris. Kris didn’t answer so you had to answer.

“We did.” He smiled at you and began to drive.

Kris was being quiet so you didn’t even bother talking to him.

 

When you arrived at the hotel, their was a group of works that greeted Kris and you. Kris went to go check in, you had to share a room with him again because people were going to get suspicious if you or Kris got separate rooms.

You dropped your bags and went to go look around. Kris left without saying a word. You glanced at the door and than back out the window. *It's too cold to go outside.*

You sat down and the television to kill sometime. It was getting late and Kris still didn’t came and your stomach kept growling. You decided to go down and look for food. *I even have to eat alone.* You looked at all the couples who were eating together. They watched you as you sat alone, to eat. Your phone started to ring. “Hello.”

“Where are you?” Kris said.

“I’m eating.” You answered with your mouth full.

“You should at least waited for me.” Kris said.

“Well you left without saying a word, so I didn’t want to bother you.” You put down your fork.

“Fine, I’ll be their in a few minutes.” Kris hanged off. You set you phone down and continued eat. 

Kris took his seat across you and signaled the waiter to bring him a menu. You noticed that he changed clothes again. “You should have at least changed clothes.” He answered, as if he heard your thoughts. You looked down, not knowing what was wrong with wearing the same clothes. Kris leaned back on his seat.

“Where did you went?” You curiously asked him.

“I walked around.” He answered crossing his arms. You nodded and continued eat.

“Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu, sorry to distribute you but this is on our behave to congratulate you on your marriage.” The manger said placing a bottle of wine on the table. You bit on your fork and looked at Kris.

“Thank you.” Kris said placing the napkin on his lap. Kris grabbed the bottle and pour some in his glass. “Do you want some?” Kris asked pushing the bottle towards you.

“I’m still not legal to drink.” You answered.

Kris took a sip and place it down when his food arrived. “Your no fun.” He said.

You pushed the bottle back to him. You were done when his food come, “I’m going to go up and rest.”

“No your not.” Kris stopped you from leaving.

You sat back down and pouted. “Why?”

Kris looked around, “There are couples everywhere and I will look like an idiot eating alone.”

You looked at Kris, “Really? So I looked like an idiot when you were gone.” You raised your eyebrow.

Kris nodded, you noticed Kris was eating really slow. *Wow, now he’s taking his time because I finished eating.* “I need to go to the restroom and wash my hands.” You got up quickly. You heard Kris say something to you but you ignored him. You washed your hands and sat on the sink, playing with your phone. *Ha, this is going to teach him to never leave me alone again.*

When you went back to sit dow, Kris was giving you a cold glare. “I told you to hurry.” You smiled at him.

You watched as Kris put money and left the bill on the table. He got up leaving you behind.

You run up to him, “Kris!” You yelled at him.

“Stop annoying me.” He answered.

“I won’t stop until your nicer to me.” You walked backwards facing him. He rolled his eyes and continued walking and pretend he didn’t know you at all. 

 


Okay so here’s a short chapter, I hope its not boring. Also Happy New Year. 

Subscribe and Comment.