Moving On

Married to a Stranger

Sehun waved at you goodbye as he left your house with a full stomach. You waved back and watched as he slowly disappeared from your sight. A cold breeze brushed against your face making you feel a bit better. When you couldn’t see Sehun anymore you went back inside. You tied your hair into a bun and started to clean the kitchen up. You felt like getting distracted for a while and not think about anything and just worry about cleaning. You scrubbed the table and stared at your hands that kept repeating the same motion over. 

You were to busy daydreaming that you forgot what you were doing. You stopped cleaning and placed the cloth on the table. Your hands were turning into a light shade of red and burned a bit from scrubbing too hard. “What am I even day dreaming about?” You released an effortless laugh and put the cloth back into its place. Your hands were still red that you just ignored the pain away. Tears started to full down onto your cheeks. You softly brushed them away but they continued to fall down.

Your hands supported you as you leaned against the wall when you carefully walked back to your room without effort. No one was in your house so you could cry as much as you could and as loud as you felt like crying. You finally gave up and dropped yourself in the middle of the hall. Your room was only a few feet away but you didn’t feel like getting up. Tears were still following down and softly dripping onto the floor. You didn’t even bother whipping them off your cheeks, since they would start falling down again. You tightly gripped onto you sweater and dropped your head. 

“I’m such an idiot. I should have never fallen in love with Kris, when all of this was just a set up and meant nothing to him.” You sobbed in between your tears. You closed your eyes and cried out loud. You slowly leaned towards the wall and placed your head back. “I should have never confessed to him, now he knows and is probably laughing at me.” You whipped the tears away with the sleeve of your sweater, leaving wet marks on it.

-

“Do you think Kris is even home?” Tao followed after Chen. Luhan awkwardly trailed behind them not saying much. Chen gave Tao a shrugged and rang the door bell, waiting for someone to open the door for them. Luhan stood behind them quietly and ignoring them completely as they talked. “We should have called Kris first.” Tao talked again worried that he wasn’t going to be home. Chen patiently waited, taking his attention away from the door to Tao.

Just than one of the maids opened the door up, interrupting Chen as he talked to Tao. Luhan looked up and stared at her cautiously as she stared at them startled. They waited for her to let them in or tell them that Kris wasn’t home. She finally recognized the three of them without asking who they were and invited them in. “The young master is in his room.” She said as she left them alone and went back to work.

Chen cheerfully walked inside and looked around Kris’ house. “It’s been forever since I last been in his house. Did they remodeled the living room? I swear it looks different.” Luhan rolled his eyes at his questions and answered him a bit annoyed. “Yes, they did. Now why did I have to come with you guys.” Chen pouted and looked at Tao for an answer. Tao looked around and than at Luhan. “Because you told me that you come up with a plan that might work.” Luhan tired shushing him up but it was already late since Chen over heard them. Chen eyes went wide and his jaw slightly opened. “Y-you fixed everything.”

Luhan walked towards the stairs ignoring him and leaving Chen in awe. Chen ran up to Luhan and blocked his way. Luhan moved to the side but Chen quickly followed his lead. “Tell me.” Chen said in a demanding voice. Luhan glared at Tao but he just gave him a sorry shrug and look. Luhan let out a sigh, “Yes, it’s true but it’s only for a while until we find out who took those pictures and how they got send to every newspaper.” Chen just nodded his head at Luhan’s answer and scooted over, allowing him to walk again. “See that wasn’t hard to say.” Chen grind to himself.

Tao knocked on the door, waiting for Kris to let them in. On the four knock he finally heard Kris voice, “Come in.” Tao slowly turned the handle and opened the door, leaving a small wide space for him. Chen gave Luhan a small tug, “Go.” He mouth to him. Chen knew that Luhan was still mad at Kris but he also knew that he felt sorry for him. Luhan straightened up and followed Tao behind. Kris was still in bed and slowly raised up as he saw them walking into the room. He had a confused look on his face as they awkwardly walked inside. 

“Where you sleeping still?” Tao watched as Kris pushed the sheets off and quickly got up. Kris shook his head as he sat down on the couch. “No, I was just resting.” His voice sounded wearier than usual. Chen took off his coat and laid it on his lap. “You don’t sound like your doing okay.” Luhan elbowed his arm, making Chen flinched a bit. Luhan mouthed something to him and Chen dropped his head. Kris gave out a small laugh, “I thought you were still mad at me.” He focused his attention to Luhan. Luhan glared at him, thinking of his words carefully. “I’m just mad that you didn’t listen to me in the first place and now you’re suffering.”

Kris raised his eyebrow at him and listened to what he had to say. “You must be happy that you were right as always and I was wrong as usual.” Chen and Tao just looked at them not knowing what to say or how to interfere. Luhan cleared his throat and lean back on the couch. “Why would I be glad? I’m just disappointed that you think your doing fine when you are clearly suffering.” Kris stared away from Luhan and bit on his lower lip. The only noise that could be heard was of Tao shuffling around in his seat. Kris focused his attention back to Luhan. “You don’t even know if I’m suffering or not. I might be glad that she’s out of my life for good?”

“Kris, stop being so stubborn and listen to what I have to say. Your pride is clearly interfering with your emotions and it’s written all over your face that you have feelings for her.” Luhan tilted his head as he spoke and watched for Kris to react. Kris looked at Luhan with a confuse look. “How I’m I even stubborn?” Luhan rubbed the back of his neck in annoyance and anger. “If you don’t hurry up and clear everything up, someone is going to snatch her away from you. I only came to tell you that my dad is helping you and stopping the newspapers from spreading anymore false information. All you have to do is get Sera away from you for good.” 

“This is what we came to tell you and see how you were doing.” Tao talked right after Luhan told him why they came. Kris looked over at Tao and just nodded his head in silence. “You didn’t go to work today?” Chen was making everything less awkward. “No.” Was all Kris could come up with. Chen gave him an awkward smile and looked around his room. “My grandfather told me to not interfere anymore and he threaten me to take me off the inherit will.” Kris response was very serious and monotone. 

“Since your to stubborn to listen to me, I am leaving.” Luhan got up and looked to see if Tao or Chen would follow him. They both gave him a concerned look as he fixed his coat and turned his attention to the door. “Also, I thought you would be glad that I am helping you after begging for my help. But it’s clear that you don’t want her back.” Luhan opened the door and left. Chen looked over at Kris who was still emotionless. “Aren’t you guys going to leave also? I’m not in the mood to talk anymore.” Kris said in a hoarse voice.

“Will leave you to rest then.” Chen got up and hurried to catch up with Luhan. Tao stopped and looked at Kris who was to busy daydreaming again. “You should hurry and send Sera away, so that everything will go back to normal.” Tao said before saying goodbye to him and leaving. Kris stared at Tao. He watched as Tao walked towards the door and slowly shut it behind him, without making any noise. Kris ruffled his hair in frustration and cupped his face with his hands.

“Luhan, wait!” Chen yelled at Luhan but he continued to walk away from them. “What?” He answered bitterly when he heard Chen call his name again. “You shouldn’t have said that to him, you know how he is.” Chen finally caught up to him. Tao trailed behind them and watched as they both talked to each other. “I was just stating the facts so that he would change and think about what he has done.”

“Yeah but his clearly hurting inside. If Kris wasn’t hurting he wouldn’t be moping around and he would have been himself. You saw how he was quiet when you talked. Remember when Sera dumbed him and he went back to his old cold self.” Chen tried to clam Luhan down but wasn’t working. Tao went in between them so that they would stop arguing with each other. “Kris likes hiding his emotions and doesn’t talk much about his personal life. Just give him some space and he will go back to his normal self.” 

They walked back towards the door in complete silence. Luhan knew that it was not the best time to visit Kris, when he didn’t want to see him. The same maid that opened the door stopped them for a second. “I’m glad that the young master’s friends came to visit him. All the maids have been worried because he hasn’t been eating since yesterday and he spends most of his time locked in his room. I hope your visit will make him feel better.” She said before excusing herself and going back to her job again. Tao and Chen looked at Luhan, making him feel guilty about what he said to Kris. “That idiot.” Luhan whispered so that Chen and Luhan would hear him and walked away.

-

Kris reached inside his pocket and pulled out a small golden ring. He placed the small ring on top of his gigantic finger and stared at it. “Why am I even feeling this depress about something that I didn’t care about?” He placed the ring on the palm of his hand and made a fist before putting the ring back in his pocket. He slowly raised up from where he was sitting and went back to bed. 

Kris leaned his head back and crossed his arms. “I never knew that I would feel lonely once she left for good.” Kris faced your side of the bed and released an effortless sigh before closing his eyes. The knock on the door made Kris open his eyes again, he stare at the door for a few seconds. “Ugh, not again.” He whispered to himself before telling them to come in. 

A maid peeked her head inside, “Would you like anything to eat?” Kris glared at her for a second and shook his head. The maid insisted him to eat but Kris coldly turned her away. “How many times do I have to say that I’m not hungry.” The maid apologized and closed the door. “What did Luhan even mean by my pride getting in the way?” Kris looked over at your stuff that was now neatly folded on the table since the argument and thought about it.

-

The next day you quickly hurried and got ready to go look for a job, you felt like you needed to pay back Kris’ money. You open the closet door only to be disappoint that all your clothes were still in Kris’ house. “Great, now what I’m I suppose to wear?” You frantically looked around trying to find something decent. After pulling everything out of your closet you finally found a dress that seemed okay to wear and a coat that matched. “I’ll just have to wear this for now.” You said to yourself as you quickly changed into it. You fixed your hair into a messy bun and apply a bit of makeup.

You started to feel really nervous once you put on your shoes and fixed your bag. Your hands shook a bit but you managed to ignore them. You locked the door behind and looked around cautiously, making sure that Kris wasn’t around. You felt disappointed when you didn’t see him but at the same time relieved. Why should I worry about him? I should just move on. You walked towards the bus stop and checked to see if you weren’t being followed.

After getting off at your destination, you pulled out a list of places that were hiring. You looked at the street name and wondered where they were located at. You watched as people walked by quickly, making it hard to ask for directions. You gave out a small sigh and walked towards the street when you found it. You glanced up at each restaurant’s name and read them in a soft voice one by one. You looked at your list than at the name and continued to walk when it didn’t match.

After walking around for ten minutes you finally found the first place that was hiring. You checked yourself in the restaurant window, making sure that your hair wasn’t a mess and quickly entered. One of the person that worked their quickly came towards you when they saw you walking. “Hi, I was wondering if you guys were hiring.” You asked. She thought about it for a few seconds and than shook her head when she finally recalled. “I’m sorry but we just hired somebody yesterday.” You tried keeping your smile and nodded your head. “Thank you.” You said excusing yourself so that she could continued working.

You crossed out the first place and cheered yourself up. I still have more places to visit, I can’t give up now. You searched around for the next places that was on your list. When you found it, you took in a deep breath and went inside. When you saw one of the employers you quickly walked towards him. You watched as he put the plates down that he was picking up and waited for you to talk. “I was wondering if you guys were hiring.” You asked hoping that he would say yes. He quickly shook his head, “I’m sorry but we are not hiring at the moment.” You kept your smile and excused yourself. You took your list out and crossed the name of the restaurant. Another restaurant that isn’t hiring. You tried to hide your disappointment.

After going and asking at six different places, you got the same answer every time. You looked at your list and gave out a sigh. This are the last two place that are hiring if I get a no again. Than I have to go back home and come back again to look for more places that are hiring. You stood up from the cold bench that you were sitting on and took the bus to the other destination. It was a bit farther from your house but you didn’t mind since you needed to find a place that would hire you. Your legs were freezing and starting to ache from the cold weather, combined with the walking you kept doing. You leaned your head on the window and looked out towards the street. I need to move on. I need to forget about Kris fast and stop caring about someone who doesn’t even like me back. You still couldn’t forget about Kris even when you were looking for a job. When the bus stopped you took your time walking towards the coffee shop, you knew that you would get turned down once you asked. 

You fixed your bag as it slowly slipped down from your shoulder and walked inside. “Hello, I was wondering if you guys were hiring.” You asked the person who was in the front of the cashier register. She gave you a warm smile, you had a feeling that it was a good sign. “Yes, we are. My manger is here if you would like to talk to her.” She patiently waited for your answer. You gave her a small nod and smiled at her. “If it’s okay than I would love to.” She gave you another smile and walked over to here manger. You watched as she whispered something to her and smiled to herself. You watched as the manger stopped cutting some fruit and dried her hands with her apron. They both walked over towards you, “Hi, it’s nice to meet you, I’m Miss Lee.” She said shaking your hand. “It’s nice to meet you also, I’m Jinae.” You tried being as polite as you could. Miss Lee continued to smile and walked over to an empty table. Their wasn’t a lot of customers and the atmosphere in the coffee shop seemed really peaceful. 

You sat down, with your hands on your laps and waited for her to talk again. “I heard you were looking for a job.” You gave her another warm smile. “Yes, ma’am.” Miss Lee gave you a small laugh, making you feel a bit embarrassed. “You don’t have to call me ma’am, you could just call me Miss Lee.” You fidgeted with your fingers under the table hoping that she wouldn’t see that you were nervous. “I’m sorry.” Miss Lee smiled and looked around the shop. “You seem like a polite person. Have you worked before?” 

“Yes, I used to work at a small convenience store before.” You still remembered what you used to do before getting married to Kris. “That’s good to hear. Since I need someone to work as soon as possible, could you come tomorrow at seven. Your uniform will be ready for you to start working. You couldn’t believe what she was saying, you quickly stood up and bowed to her. “Thank you so much, I promise to be here on time.” Miss Lee gave out a small smile. “I’m expecting you try your best.” 

“You don’t have to worry, I will do my best in everything. Thank you so much for hiring me.” You grabbed your bag and excused yourself, once she was done talking to you. You clapped your hands when you were away from the coffee shop and did a small victory dance. Now all I have to do is find another job after this.

 


Sorry that I haven't updated for almost two weeks now. I'm such a bad writer ><

I been busy with getting ready for college that I have zero energy to write.

If you like this chapter: Comment, Upvote and Subscribe if you haven't yet.

P.S. I finally reached 300+ subscribers, thank you so much for reading my story<3