First Night In Stranger's House

Married to a Stranger

You woke up when you felt something soft hit your head. You opened your eyes and noticed that it was a pillow that had hit you and now was laying on the floor.

“Yay!” Kris yelled from his bed.

You closed your eyes and tired going back to sleep. Another pillow hit your head. You sat up and threw it back at Kris, hitting him on his arm. “What!”

Kris stared at you. “What was rule number three?”

You tried remembering, “Uhm...I don’t remember.” You thought about it but couldn’t recall.

Kris closed his eyes for a moment and than opened them. “We need to sleep in the same bed or else the maids might walk in and tell my grandfather that they saw you sleeping on the couch.”

“That’s your problem and I don’t want to sleep in the same bed as you. Now let me sleep.” You whined and covered your face.

“Yay!” Kris yelled again.

“Now what?” You sat up again. Kris got up from his bed. “We need to get ready, I need to go to the hospital and your coming with me.” He pointed to you and than to himself.

“But I want to sleep.” You whined again. Kris shot you a cold look, making you scared. You nodded and stared to clean the blankets up. You walked to the closet where you found them and gave out a sigh when you saw how high the drawer was. You tried reaching the top drawer but couldn’t. *How did I even pull this out last night?* 

Kris walked into the closet and stared at his clothes. He saw you struggling but didn’t help you. “Hey giant, could you help me put this back.” You hold the blankets towards him.

Kris smiled towards you and shook his head. “No, I don’t feel like doing it.”

“Fine.” You pouted and put the blankets on the ground. You grabbed your clothes and went to the bathroom to change. When you went back to the closet the blankets were gone, you checked in the drawer and they were placed nicely. “Ha, he actually did what I asked him to do.” You smiled to yourself.

 

You went to the dinning room to eat your breakfast. Kris was already there eating his food. You sat down, and the maid quickly set a plate next to you.

“You take forever.” Kris faked a smile.

You looked at the maid who was standing there listening to the conversation.

“Sorry, yeo-bo.” You cringed at the words, making it hard to pronounced. You pretend to puck when the maid wasn’t looking at you. Kris saw and mouthed something to you.

But he quickly gave you a bad half smile. “Here, try this.” He extended a strawberry towards you. You shoot him a glare. *Ugh, what is this idiot doing now?* You leaned forward to eat the strawberry.

“Sir, Miss Sera just arrived.” Another maid walked in.

Both Kris and you looked at the maid confused. “Uh, let her in.” Kris said siting down on his chair again.

You quickly sat down and ate your food. Sera walked in. “Could you bring me a plate, please?” She looked at the maid and rolled her eyes when the maid turned her back. You saw as she made herself at home, placing her bag on an empty chair.

“Yes.” The maid responded hurrying away quickly.

“Sorry, to disturbed you.” Sera said looking at you.

You shook your head. “No, its okay. Anyways, I’m done eating.” You got up and left.

“But, you...” Kris tried stopping you but you ignored him.

“Brat.” Sera whispered the words.

Kris looked at her, and put his fork down. “What the hell are you doing here!”

Sera bit her lip as she fixed her napkin. “I came to greet you guys but I see that I came at the wrong time. I’m I right?” Sera crossed her legs. The maid set the plate down next to Sera. “Where did Miss Jinae go to?” The maid looked at the half eaten food. 

Kris ate his food and shrugged.

“Could I also have a cup of tea, please?” Sera smiled at the maid. The maid nodded and left again.

“I guess your wife doesn’t like me.” Sera stared at her fruit.

“Such a pity.” Kris said sarcastically. “Why don’t you go eat at your own house, if you don’t like being treated different here?”

“I wanted to see you.” She said, giving Kris a small smile.

Kris stood up and throw his napkin on the table.

“Where are you going Kris?” Sera started getting mad.

The maid come back with the tea. “I don’t want it anymore. Take it back.” Sera demanded.

 

“Good morning.” Mari said out of nowhere.

You looked up and smiled. “Good morning.”

“Are you done eating breakfast?” Mari asked as she looked around.

You gave here a small nodded. “Yes.”

“Is something wrong?” Mari asked.

“No, I’m just tired.” You smiled at her, trying to make her worry less. Just then Kris showed up. Mari dropped her head and stepped back.

“Where leaving?” Kris said holding onto your hand tightly. “But...” You tried talking but you were cut off.

“I brought your bag already, so let’s go.” Kris pulled you. You noticed that Kris was actually holding your bag, you were surprised. You turned back and waved at Mari goodbye as Kris pulled you.

 

Kris opened the door to his car and slammed the door when you got in. You jumped up by the sound of the door. Kris the car and drove off. “What about Sera?” You asked surprised.

Kris drove off without saying anything. “Don’t mention her name again. GOT IT!” Kris kept his eyes on the road. You gave him a quick nodded and bit your lip as if you said something wrong.

“Sorry, that she ruined breakfast this morning.” Kris voice was softer than usual.

“It's fine.” You lied, somehow you felt furious.

Kris made his way towards the hospital, without saying anything. 

He stopped the car when he arrived at the hospital, you took off your seat belt and stepped out. Kris walked in front. “Hurry up, slow poke.”

“Don’t call me slow poke.” You yelled back to him. You thought you saw him smile. *No, its just my imagination.* You looked forward and took one last glance at Kris, who was now serious.

 

Mr. Choi, was already with Mr. Wu. Mr. Wu had papers scattered all over his bed, he would pick one up and pick another one. “Yes, this would do for now. I’ll be back to work in two days so please just hold the meeting up until than.” 

Kris walked in looking around, he picked one of the papers up and read it. “You shouldn’t be over working yourself grandfather.”

Mr. Wu ignored him and continued signing the papers and stacking them into the folder.

You didn’t know if Mr. Wu was busy. “Good morning, grandfather.” 

His eyes brighten up when he saw you. “Good morning, did you sleep well. I bet it was hard sleeping in a new home.”

You looked at Kris, who was still staring at the papers with a serious expression. “Yes, I slept well. Thank you for letting me stay at your home.”

Kris glared at you. Mr. Wu gave out a giggle. “It's also your house so don’t feel like a burden. There is also no need to thank me.”

You gave him a nodded.

“Has the doctor come to check on you?” Kris cut in the conversion.

“Yes, he has.” Mr. Choi said standing up.

“Mr. Choi, you shouldn’t be letting my grandfather over work himself again. I’m sure you are aware of that.” Kris voice rose.

You grabbed him from the arm, Kris looked at you confused. He noticed why you grabbed his arm and calmed down.

“Kris!” His grandfather voice also rose. Kris turned to look at his grandfather, who had a disapproval look on his face. 

“You should start thinking of helping out, if your that worry. Your father at a young age was always at my office early every morning. All you ever do is fool around. You should start thinking of about the future or else when something bad happens to me your going to be lost.” His grandfather yelled out.

Kris put his head down. “Don’t compare me to my father.” You stared at Kris, as his grandfather yelled at him. You felt bad, at how he was being treated now. Kris rose his head and took a deep breath. He walked towards the door. “Kris!” His grandfather yelled out. You felt awkward standing in between Kris and his grandfather. 

“Sir, don’t yell. Remember what the doctor said about getting mad.” Mr. Choi tried calming him down.

“Sorry.” You bowed and quickly tried catching up to Kris. You searched everywhere to see where he had gone to. You finally spotted him going towards the lobby. “Kris!” You run up to him.

Kris didn’t stop. “Kris!” You yelled one more time. He finally stopped but didn’t stare at you.

You saw as the people around you looked at you, as if you were crazy or something.

“What are you going to come and tell me I’m worthless or something?” Kris voice was different. You bit your lip and looked around. You thought about it for a few seconds and finally responded him. “No, I don’t think your worthless. I would never think that, even though you treat me bad. I will never think that.”

Kris finally looked at you with a different expression and was startled at what you said to him. You noticed that he was going to say more but stopped. 

“You should go back and apologized to your grandfather.” You looked at him.

He looked around and took a deep breath. “I should.” 

“What?” You started at him blankly.

“You heard me.” Kris walked away, as you tried putting everything together.

 

You walked behind, as Kris opened the door. There was still tension in the room. Mr. Wu looked up from his papers and rose his eyebrow towards Kris. 

“I came to apologized.” Kris looked his grandfather in the eye. His grandfather nodded, as if he was expecting more. “I also came, to say that I will start working in the company tomorrow morning.” 

Mr. Choi and Mr. Wu expressions where surprise. You smiled to yourself, you weren’t expecting Kris to say that.

“I’m glad you want to work. Mr. Choi, will assist you tomorrow morning and help you out in everything you need to learn.” You noticed Mr. Wu smile. “I want you to be at the company at six in the morning. Don’t be late.”

“I won’t.” Kris responded.

The door open and Sera walked in. Kris pulled you closer to him, you watch as she smiled towards you.

“Good morning.” Sera said to everyone in the room. Mr. Wu nodded. “What a happy couple?” Sera said towards Kris who was frowning. 

You smiled towards her, to break the awkward silence. “Good morning, Sera.” You could feel Kris squeezing your hand, somehow he didn’t like it when you talked to her.

“Is it true, that you need to stay one more day Mr. Wu?” Sera sounded concerned.

Mr. Wu straightened up and looked towards Kris. “Yes, its true.”

“But why aren’t you being release tomorrow?” Kris quickly asked.

“The doctors have to take blood test tomorrow, that’s why I have to stay one more day in the hospital.” Mr. Wu tried explaining. “Kris, you need to take care at everything at the company tomorrow, until I come out.”

Sera turned to Kris. “So your going to work at your grandfather’s company?” You saw her smile to Kris. Kris didn’t answer.

“Yes, Kris is going to start working.” Mr. Choi interfered. 

“Oh that’s nice to hear Kris.” Sera fixed her bag.

“If you excuse us, Jinae and I have another thing we have to do.” Kris pushed you a bit.

“Y-yes, we have something else to do.” You played along with Kris. 

“Have fun.” You heard Mr. Wu say as you walked out the room.

“Your not the best liar.” Kris rolled his eyes at you.

“I wasn’t prepared.” You gave him a cold glare. 

“Whatever, that doesn’t matter. Let’s go.” Kris put his hand on his pockets.

“Where?” You asked confused.

“You will see.” Was all Kris said.

 

Kris drove to your grandfather’s house. “Why are we here?” You looked at him. You watched as Kris took off his seatbelt and closed the door behind you. You took off your seatbelt and followed him. 

“Didn’t you say that you haven’t packeted your belongings.” Kris scratched the back of his head.

“Yay.” You cautiously looked at him suspicious.

“Go pack up your stuff and I’ll be right back. I need to go do something.” Kris said as he got back inside his car. You watched as he drove off, leaving you in your grandfather’s house.

You pulled out the keys from your bag and open the door up. *I guess grandpa hasn’t come back from his trip.* You took of your coat and started to pack some of your clothes and belongings.

~

When Mr. Wu slept Sera motioned his dad to come outside for a while. They made their way towards the cafeteria. “Is it true, Kris is working. I’m really surprise.” Sera gave out a small laugh. 

“Be quiet someone might hear.” Her dad looked around.

Sera thought for a minute. “You know what?”

“What?” Her dad looked at her.

Sera formed a smile. “This might work.”

“Work?” Mr. Choi was even more confused.

“Yes, this might work for our plan to destroy the Wu family.” Sera took a sip of her coffee. “We’re one step closer to getting everything.”

Mr. Choi formed a small smile and kept drinking his coffee. “I should go back.”

“Appa, you better not be feeling guilty or else mom and I won’t forgive you.” Sera said.

Her dad stopped and looked at her. “I won’t.”

~

“Do you need any help, sir.” The employer said, as she saw Kris walking around the jewelry shop.

“Yes, can you please show me this necklace?” Kris pointed to an expensive one.

The employer nodded and quickly took the necklace out. “This is our only one.”

Kris looked at it. “Only one?”

The employer nodded. “Yes, there aren’t any more of this kind. Is this for your girlfriend?”

“Uh?” Kris responded when he didn’t hear her.

“Are you buying this for your girlfriend?” The employer smiled.

Kris looked at her and formed a shy smile. “Mhm. I will take it.”

The employer took the necklace and put it in a dark blue box and wrapped it nicely before giving it to Kris. “Here you go sir.” 

Kris took the bag and looked inside it. “Do you need anything else?”

“No, I’m fine thank you.” Kris left back to your grandfather house. He hid the gift in the back of his seat and placed his jacket on top of it. He didn’t want to give it to you, yet. Kris open the door to your grandpa’s house and walked in. He saw you sitting on your bed, as you folded your clothes and hummed to yourself. Kris chuckled to himself, realizing that you didn't heard him.

“Your back.” You said as you noticed Kris leaning on the door. 

Kris cleared his throat and was serious. “Are you still not done?”

You looked around. “I just need to fold a few more clothes and I’m done.”

“Do you need something?” You asked concerned.

Kris shook his head and went to the living room. After a few minutes you were done and rolled your luggage towards the living room. “I’m done.”

“Finally, I was falling asleep.” Kris said.

“Sorry.” You apologized.

“Here let me help you.” Kris took your luggage away from you.

“No, its fine.” You responded.

Kris gave you a look. “What do you think I’m weak or something.”

You shook your head quickly. “That’s not it.” Kris waited for more but walked towards his car.

You closed your bedroom door and the main door, making sure it was locked. You watched as Kris put your bag in his trunk. “Let’s go home, I’m tired.” You nodded and got in the car.

 

When you arrived back at his house, you got out. “Do you want me to call someone to get my bags.”

Kris frowned, “I’ll just do it myself.” Before you could stop him it was already to late. 

You noticed Kris forgot his jacket and grabbed it for him. You noticed a small box and opened it making sure that it wasn't anything important. Your eyes widened when you saw a necklace. *I shouldn't be doing this.*

“Hurry Up!” You heard Kris yell, you left his jacket in the car and hurried out.

*Is that necklace for me? No, can't be.* You shook your head clearing your thoughts.

Kris noticed you and looked at you confuse. “Are you okay?”

“Y-yes.” You quickly added.

“Your more weird today.” Kris shrugged.


I'm so sorry, I haven't updated in a long time. School has been draining all my energy away and I haven't had energy to write. I will update tomorrow again. So don't worry. (: