Lonely

Married to a Stranger

Lay dragged you inside the hospital cafeteria. “What do you want?” He looked at the menu and back to you with a smile. You looked up and didn’t feel like having coffee.

After a moment of examining the menu you look at Lay. “I will have hot chocolate.”

He nodded with a smile on his face and told the person at the register your order.

“Your order will be done in a few minutes.” The cashier said as she gave Lay a shy smile. Lay bit his lips and nodded. “Let’s go sit down.” Lay said nudging your arm a bit. 

Lay pulled the chair for you. He sat across from you. “Before I forget. Is it okay if I could get your phone number.”

You looked inside your bag and pulled out your phone. You watched as Lay quickly wrote your number done of his phone. He smiled to himself and laid his phone flat on the table. 

“I was going to ask you when we first meet but when I remembered it was already to late.” Lay said.

“I had to take care of my bothers, remember. That’s why I had to leave fast." You gave out a small giggle. Lay nodded his head as if he remembered and said, “Aw.”

When the employer yelled out the order, Lay quickly stood up. “I’ll go get our drinks. You could wait here.” You looked at Lay confused and watched him, as he went to pick them up.

He set the hot chocolate next to you and took a drink of his coffee. “It’s hot.” He said as he took a small sip, and than set it on the table. You slowly picked up your cup and took a small sip. *It is hot.* You made a weird face as you burned your tongue.

“Are you okay?” Lay looked up at you, as he put his coffee down. You nodded at him.

 

Lay was deep in thought. *She’s not worrying the ring on her finger. So does that mean...* 

“You said that you were here for your friend right?” You asked him as he stared into space. Lay looked at you, meeting your eyes. At first he didn’t answer you. “Yes, he broke his leg pretty bad today at practice. I didn’t know until I boarded the plane to Seoul today. So when I landed I quickly came to check on him.”

“Sounds terrible.” You commented.

“Is your friend’s grandfather, okay?” He asked interested.

You took another sip of your hot chocolate and looked at it. “Yes, I’m really glad his okay.” You set down the cup.

“That’s nice to hear.” He drank his coffee. *It has to be Kris relative.*

~

Kris walked back to his grandfather’s room. “Did she leave?” His grandfather asked him, Kris closed the door behind him. 

Kris looked at the handled and quickly changed his expression. “Yeah, I watched her as the driver came and picked her up. She said that she will come back tomorrow.”

His grandfather continued reading. Kris noticed that Sera was on the coach, sleeping already. Kris looked at his phone and checked to see if he had any messages but he had none. *That idiot girl better not be outside in the cold.* Kris followed you outside and noticed you sitting on a bench. He lost you after the nurse called him over to hand him some paper work. After that he couldn’t find you. He walked back to the room worried about you. He wasn’t sure if he should called you, after he saw your face expression. He shook his head and put his phone away.

“Is something wrong?” His grandfather noticed his worried face. 

Kris put a smile on his face. “No, I’m just thinking.” His grandfather glanced at him once more time before continuing to read his book.

 

After seeing his grandfather sleep for a few hours. He decided that it would be best if he came back in the morning to check on him. He hated hospitals ever since his parents passed away and the last thing he wanted to here was sleep. Kris stood up from the chair, when he was about to fall asleep and stretched. He noticed that Sera was still sleeping on the couch.

“Sera, you should go sleep home.” Kris whispered to her being care to not wake up his grandfather up. 

Sera sat up and looked around the room confused. “What time is it?” She asked.

Kris pulled out his phone and looked at it. “Its going to be eleven soon.” 

Sera quickly stood up and picked her bag, I should go. Kris followed behind her.

~

Lay left before you, he told you that he still needed to visit his friend before it got late. You sat in the cafeteria watching the people and thinking. You picked up your hot chocolate but it was already cold. You set it on the table and grabbed your phone. You stared at the time and gave out a sigh.

“I should go, I been sitting here for almost an hour.” You whispered to yourself. You got up picking the hot chocolate and throwing it away.

Just when you were about to leave you noticed Kris and Sera walking towards the exit close to each other. *Why I’m I getting jealous watching them together? Jinae you don’t care about them. Especially that stupid fake jerk.* You stood in the same place watching them go outside, they were still close to each other. *I should wait a bit more and wait until they finally leave.* 

~

“Thank you, for walking me outside to my car.” Sera said crossing her arms, so that she could keep herself warm. Kris looked around not pay attention to what she was saying. Giving her a slight nod.

“You seem different.” Sera looked up at him when it was quiet again.

“Well, I sure don’t feel different.” Kris replied coldly.

Sera slowly kicked her foot back and forth. “You know, I still can’t forget you.”

Kris looked at her, his expression didn’t change one bit. “That’s your fault.”

“Kris, stop it. I’m tired of you treating me bad all the time since you met that girl. I was even waiting for you at the hospital but you never came. It wasn’t until, I heard from my dad that you left with that gold digger.”

“Don’t you dare call Jinae a gold digger again, cause your nothing but a worthless . Why would I even want to visit you at the hospital when you jumped into the pool for attention. I didn’t even feel sorry for you because your family and you ruined everyone's mood that day.” Kris walked away when he got annoyed.

“Watch and see how someday she’ll leave you and you’ll come running to me again. Love doesn’t last forever, Kris.” Sera walked to her car and slammed the door.

Kris stopped walking away, when Sera left. He picked up his phone and dialed to his house.

“Yes, young master.” The main maid answered.

Kris rubbed the back of his head, “Um...has Jinae arrived at the house?”

The main maid tried to recall but nothing came to her. “No, she hasn’t arrived. Is something wrong?”

“No, I’m just wondering. So she must still be in the hospital.” Kris said the last sentence to himself out loud.

“Thank you, that’s all.” He hanged up and sat on a bench.

~

After ten minutes passed, you decided that it should be okay to walk outside. *They probably left already.* You walked outside and didn't see Kris nor Sera. You gave out a sigh and looked up at the sky.

“I guess you really didn’t leave.” You heard a voice say behind you. You realized that it was Kris who said that. Chills ran down your back, you didn’t even want to face him.

“W-what are you still doing here?” You didn’t face him.

“Well, I had a feeling that you were still here.” You heard Kris stand up and walk towards you.

You finally faced him. “What are you, my babysitter?”

Kris grinned to himself. “You’re not five, idiot but do you want me to be.”

“N-no.” You quickly answered back. “Why didn’t you leave with Sera?” 

You saw Kris expression change, he looked surprised by your question. “I have nothing to do with Sera.”

“I thought you loved her.” You looked away.

“Are you jealous?” Kris glared at you.

“W-why would I be j-jealous? Well, then I’m going home.” You walked away, you could still feel Kris’ glare.

Kris tried to catch up with you. “I’ll call the drive to come pick us up.”

“You could wait for your driver.” You stubbornly told him.

“What?” Kris asked confused. “You heard me, I’m not going home. You could go alone but I’m not going with you.” You smiled at him.

“Where are you even going?” Kris looked at you.

You fixed your bag and gave out a sigh. “Somewhere were I could relax and not be disturbed by anyone.”

“Your going to walk all the way there at this time at night?” Kris still keep his walking pace with you.

You gave him a nodded and continued walking. You heard Kris sigh to himself. “Fine, than I’ll just have to follow you, to where ever you are going.” You stopped walking and looked at him in shock. Kris raised his eyebrow at you, waiting for you to speak.

You looked at your hands that were freezing and continued walking. Kris was slowing down at his own pace, he was no longer next to you. You turn around to see what he was doing, he had his hands in his pocket and was looking straight at you. You quickly looked straight in front when your eyes meet his. *Aish, why is he even doing this now?*

You stopped at the light, before crossing the street. “Why are you stopping, the light is green?” Kris was looking at the light.

You bit your lip and thought about it. You decided to walk before the light turned red. You noticed Kris giving you a funny look and continued walking behind you. You stopped once again, this time you had made up your mind. “Fine, let’s just go to your house.”

Kris smiled to himself and called the driver. “He’ll be here in a few minutes.” Kris said once he was done. “I thought you were going somewhere else.”

You looked at the shops that were closing down. “I was but I changed my mind because someone was following me to my secret place.” 

Kris gave out a laugh at you.

“What’s so funny?” You looked at him as he hid his smile.

“Nothing.” He shrugged. 

“You’re lying.” You slightly hit him on the arm. “What if I am, huh.” His expression was still the same.

You pouted and stared at the store window. “Huh?” You said to yourself as you walked closer to the window. You saw a necklace that caught your attention, it was in a heart shape with diamonds all around the heart. 

Kris turned around when you disappeared for a second. He saw you staring at the jewelry window and walked closer. He bent down to meet your height.

“It’s so pretty.” You said to yourself not noticing Kris was next to you. You turned to where he was and stared at him. His face was inches away from yours. You just blinked at him not saying anything.

“Young master.” Kris coughed and hurried to the driver.

You caught one last glimpse of the necklace and walked towards the car.

 

You arrived at Kris’ house and awkwardly stood there at the main entrance. “Why are you just standing there?” Kris said coldly. You walked slowly behind him. *Kris, you bipolar idiot.* You thought to yourself. Kris stopped, making you bump yourself onto his back. You quickly realized what had happened and stepped back quickly. You dropped your head, when Kris looked at you. 

He open the door to the room, you remembered it was the room where the maid took you to change.

“This is where your staying.” Kris said, as you closed the door behind you.

“W-what?” You said looking at the room. This time you had a better look at the room, Kris’ room was enormous. It even had a little waiting area where you could relax and read.

“You heard me, don’t act stupid. That’s what I hate the most about you.” He said taking off his coat. You turned away quickly, scared that he might take off his shirt.

Kris chuckled. “Don’t worry I won’t get undress in front off you but if you want...” 

You cut him off before he could say more. “Don’t worry. I don’t want to see your fat stomach hanging.” You sticked your tongue at him.

Kris opened his mouth slightly. “Fat. Fat.” He repeated to himself. You gave him a smile and nodded.

“I don’t want to talk to you, cause you won’t understand.” Kris said heading towards the bathroom. You set your bag on the bed and walked towards the window. It was too dark to see outside, only the pool lights could be seen. 

Kris came out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him. “We have to set rules.”

“Rules, for what?” You looked at him, still forming the words.

“For my room.” Kris grabbed his night clothes from his closet.

“I thought...”

“Okay first rule, don’t touch my stuff and we won’t have any problems. Second rule, stay out of my business. Third rule, we have to sleep on the same bed or else the maids will notice something weird is going on between us. Fourth rule, you have to do what I tell you to do. Got it!” Kris used his fingers to show you the four rules he had set. 

“Fine than and I agree with you if follow rule number one and two for me also.” You crossed your arms. 

“Whatever I don’t care.” Kris said going into the bathroom again.

You gave out a sigh and rubbed your temples on your head. “Mom see what my dad got me into.”

You remembered that your bags weren’t in your room. 

 

After wondering around, you finally saw a maid. “Excuse me, I was wondering where my bags might be.”

The maid that was carrying clean new towels tired remembering. “Oh yes, your bags are in the guest room. I’ll bring them to you right now.”

You saw that her hands were busy. “No, its okay. I’ll go get my bags, I have nothing to do.”

“But Miss...” The maid said worried.

“Don’t call me Miss, I don’t like it when people call me that. You could call me Jinae.” You smiled to her.

“Yes, Miss Jinae. Sorry about calling you Miss.” The maid said.

“Don’t worry about it. What’s your name?” You asked her curious.

“My name...I’m Mari.” The maid replied.

“Nice to meet you Mari.” You slightly bowed to her. 

She was shocked. “Ma’am. I’m mean Miss Jinae, you don’t have to do that.”

“Do what? Just pretend I’m a regular person. I’m still not used to ma’am or miss or anything. Especially Mrs. Wu.” You said. She gave you a slight nod.

“Your really nice, thank you. I don’t mean to be rude but you look really young.” Mari said trying to readjust the towels in her hands.

“Can I help you?” You took half of the towels away from Mari. 

“Miss Jinae, please don’t. Its not your job, I might get in trouble for making you help me.” Mari was a bit scared. She looked in all direction trying to that see that no one was looking at her. 

“Your not forcing me, I want to help. I used to clean around my house before I met Kris. About your question about me being young I am.” You fixed the towels.

“How old are you? If you don’t mind me asking you.”

“I’m 19 years old.” 

She was shocked. “We’re the same age.”

“Really? Now I have someone I could talk to in this house. Where are you going to set the towels?” You said.

“Oh yeah I forgot, sorry.” You followed Mari to a different room. “It's nice to met someone who is the same age as me. I’m the only one whose 19 from the maids.”

“Not anymore.” You said entering the room.

“You could set them over there.” Mari said as she fixed the other towels in the bathroom. You nodded and place them in the drawer. You noticed a picture of Kris when he used to be small. “He still the same.” You said as you looked at it. You fixed the towels and looked around the room, you noticed another picture. This time it was Kris and his parents. *Kris is actually smiling.* You heard the door close and put the picture down.

“That’s young master and his parents when they were still alive.” Mari said when she saw the picture.

“How do you know?” You asked curiously.

“Oh. before coming to the house, we are told about the young master’s past. So that we won’t do nothing wrong to hurt him. We are only told that his parents died at a young age and how his hard to work with. All the maids think that he is really handsome. But once they work with him, they say that he is different and cold. So they end up hating him.” Mari closed , when she said to much. “I’m sorry Miss Jinae for talking bad about the young master.”

You still looked at the picture one last time. “Don’t worry about it.”

“Right about your bags.” Mari said as she walked towards the door.

You followed her. She open the guest door and went towards the closet. “Your bags are here.” She stepped back.

You grabbed your bags and closed the closet door.

“Thank you for helping me with the towels.” Mari said with her head down.

“If you ever need help, feel free to ask me. I don’t mind helping out with the chores.” You said.

Mari looked up. “Yes, Miss Jinae. If you need anything contact me or the other maids.”

“I will.” You smiled to her.

“I have to go and do my other task.” Mari said as she left the room and hurried off.

 

You went back to Kris’ room. “I thought you disappear and weren’t coming back. I was getting happy but never mind.”

You rolled your eyes and walked to the closet.

“Hey don’t touch my clothes. I don’t want you to ruin them” Kris said drying off his hair.

You slammed the doors. “Fine.”

He walked over to the closet. “This side is yours, got it.” 

You didn’t say anything and started to unpack. *I still need my other stuff from my grandfather’s house.* 

“You have to up early tomorrow.” Kris said turning on the television. You just nodded. You picked up the clothes you were going to wear to sleep and hurried to take a shower.

 

When you got out Kris was already sleeping. You gave out a sigh and turn the television off. *You thinking I’m actually going to follow your rules. Ha, don’t make me laugh Kris.* You grabbed some blankets that you saw earlier on the closet and set them up on the couch. Kris was sleeping without a blanket.

You tiptoed slowly and set the blanket over him and backed away slowly. You turned off the lights, it was hard to walk in the dark.

You laid down on the couch and looked up at the ceiling. *I miss my bed and my normal life.*

You grabbed your jacket and put it on, you decided to grabbed your shoes also.

You slowly walked outside to the hall and closed the door slowly behind you. You walked with your shoes in your right hand and hurried towards the yard. It took you a while to find the yard but you finally found it. You sat on a chair and put your shoes on and looked up at the house. It was really cold outside that your jacket couldn't even warm up. You looked up at the stars and than to your phone.

You press Chanyeol’s phone number and instead texted him. I hate my new life, I feel really lonely in Kris’ enormous house. I want to go back to my old small house with my grandpa and where I used to play with you. You erased the text and put your phone in your pocket. You stared up at the sky until it started getting late.

You touched your nose, that was frozen and got up. You went back to Kris’ room and laid down on the couch. Tears stared to fall down, you kept whipping them off but they won’t stop.

 


Yay, I finally had time to update after 2 weeks. Soooorrryyy ^_^ I been busy with school. I don't like school -_-

Comment please!!!!