Problems

Married to a Stranger

You walked back and forth checking to see if the taxi was coming already. Each time you heard a noise you would turn your head back to the street. Only to get disappointed that the car was heading farther away. *It’s really cold.* You thought to yourself as you crossed your arms to get warmer. 

The weather was really cold. That you could see your breathe each time you gave out a sigh. You already had your mind set up, that you were going to tell Kris the truth and how you felt.

 

A light finally shined towards the drive way, you quickly dropped your hands and waited for the taxi to stop. Luhan stepped out the car and waved at you. You quickly ran over to him to help him with Kris. “You should have waited inside.” Luhan said when he noticed your face was all red from the cold. You touched your cheeks and gave him a faint smile.

“I wanted to get some fresh air.” You gave Luhan another small smile but soon faded when you saw that he was being serious.

“I told you, I don’t want to go home!” Kris yelled from the back seat of the car like a little kid. Luhan helped Kris get out of the taxi and closed the door. “Kris, your drunk. You could barely stand up.”

Kris tapped Luhan on the shoulder and tried walking straight. He stopped when he saw you. “What is this doing here? I told you I didn’t want to see her!”

You tried explaining yourself but Kris pushed you hard away. “Kris, I need to talk to you but maybe when your sober.” You watched as Kris ignored you.

“Pssh. But I don’t.” Kris said almost falling down. Luahn quickly tried catching Kris but Kris landed hard on the floor. “Great look what you’ve done.” Kris said putting his hands on his face. You helped Luhan pick up Kris. When Kris saw you holding onto him, he pulled away from you. “Luhan, let’s go drink some more.” 

Luhan signed you to go behind Kris, instead. “No, you need to sleep.” Luhan was getting annoyed at Kris.

 

It took seriously ten minutes to get Kris to the bedroom, with him whining all the way up. Luhan was out of breathe. He made Kris sit down on the bed before gasping for air. “Don’t get up or else I am not taking you to go drink with me again.” Luhan warned him.

You quickly followed him out of the bedroom to the hallway. “I do not know what happened between the both of you but Kris seemed really depressed today. This is really rare for him to get this drunk and act like a kid.”

You didn’t know how to reply so you nodded your head to whatever Luhan was saying.

Luhan fixed his sweater, “I better get going. Oh yeah, Kris is going to have a big headache tomorrow.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of him.” You followed him. Luhan stopped and turned around towards you. “I'ts best if you go with him instead. I could find the door.” You watched as Luhan disappeared. You slowly went back to the bedroom ready to get yelled at.

You slowly open the door and saw Kris laying on the bed mumbling something to himself. You walked slowly trying to not get him anger but Kris stood up once he heard you. His gaze darkened towards you, as you stopped. 

“I need to talk to you.” You said in a quiet voice, as you played with your fingers.

Kris tried getting up. “I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Kris, I seriously need to talk to you about today. It wasn’t what it looked like.” Kris gave out a laugh and walked closer to you. You noticed that his hand was bleeding from the fall as well as his knee.

“Kris, your bleeding.” You looked at his knee and hand.

Kris gave out a laugh. “I don’t care if I die. To be honest I wouldn’t mind.”

You wanted to slap Kris back to his senses. But instead you clutched your fist onto your sweater so that you won’t slap him. “Stop saying stupid stuff already, you idiot.” You hurried off to the bathroom. You watch as Kris throw himself onto the bed. You quickly looked for the first aid and hurried back to Kris side.

Kris watch as you open the box. He kicked the stuff off the bed. You shook your head at him and quickly went to pick them up. “Your acting like a spoiled kid.”

Kris rolled his eyes at you but quickly grabbed your wrist tightly. “Huh, now you’re telling me I’m acting like a spoiled kid. If this is all your fault.”

“How is this my fault?!” You screamed at him. “I’m done with your bull. I can’t live in this house anymore.”

“So, that gave you the right to cheat behind my back.” Kris grip got tighter.

“I never cheated on you. It was all a misunderstanding! I never blamed you of cheating with Sera.” You pulled away.

“Don’t change the subject.” Kris grabbed you by your shoulders.

You were terrified of him. “You want the truth.” You waited for him to response but he didn’t. “I been feeling lonely lately, which I’m sure you haven’t released. I also feel suffocate living in this house. Lay was only making me feel better as a friend.”

“Oh now his name is Lay.” Kris laughed at loud. “Your really good at telling lies. You know that.”

“Think whatever you want! I am done listening to you. You heartless jerk!” You pushed Kris off you and quickly got up.

Kris followed after you. “I’ll teach you to respect me.” Kris raised his hand at you.

“What are you going to hit me now?!” You stared at his hand and than at him. 

Kris hesitated before putting his hand done. “Just get out of this room!” Kris went back to his bed. You slammed the door behind you and sat done next to the door. *Stupid jerk. Stupid idiot. Stupid Kris.* You thought as you ruffled your hair all over the place. “I just hope no one sees me sitting down here or else this might cause more problems.” You looked both ways. When you didn’t spot no one you place your head down.

 

After a few hours had passed, you thought it was best to see if Kris was sleeping already. You quietly open the door to take a quick peek. The room was extremely quiet and clam. You noticed Kris was already sleeping on the bed. You enter the bedroom quickly as you heard foot steps coming your way. 

“That was close.” You whispered to yourself. You noticed blood stains on your sweater and remember that Kris was bleeding from his hand. You picked the first aid stuff and sat next to him looking at his hand. The blood seemed to stop and he was only bleeding a bit now. You grabbed a cotton ball and put a bit of rubbing alcohol. 

“You’re such an idiot.” You laughed quietly as you tried cleaning the blood off his hand. You wrapped a band aid across his hand. Each time he moved you got scared that he would wake up. Your heart was even beating fast. After you were done with his hand, you placed a band aid on his knee. 

“There you go.” You said quietly, as you smooth out the band aid. “I should get you something to drink or else your head is going to feel like its going to explode, when you wake up.” You said putting the first aid back to its place. 

You hurried off to the kitchen and poured him some water. It was a miracle that no one saw you. *I could just tell them I was thirsty.* You thought as you walked back to the room.

Once again, you open the door quietly and set the glass beside Kris night stand. You sat down on the floor and watched him sleep. *You look more normal when you sleep.* You laid on the floor and closed your eyes.

~

Kris tired sitting up but his head was throbbing each time he got up. *, what happened to me last night? I haven’t drinking this much since Sera said she wouldn’t marry me.* 

Kris turned to your side and noticed that you weren’t on the bed. *Great now where did she go. And why I’m I even wearing a band aid on my hand?* Kris examined his hand to see how bad his hand was. He than got up and rubbed his eyes to wake himself up. He noticed the glass of water and took a big gulp of it and set it back on the table. As he was about to get up he noticed you lying on the floor. 

*Seriously, what happened last night.* Kris placed his hand on his head to try to stop the headache. He noticed you moving and quickly pretended to not pay attention to you.

“You’re wake.” You said standing up. You weren’t sure if he would start yelling at you like last night.

Kris nodded his head. 

“Does your head hurt?” You said looking at him.

“Kind of.” Kris said looking at his hand. “What happen last night?”

You put your hair up to a bun so that it wouldn’t be all over the place. “You fell last night when Luhan brought you home.”

“Oh.” Kris replied back.

“Do you want medicine for your headache?” You said getting up.

“Did I said anything stupid to you last night? Or did I do anything to harm you?” Kris looked away from you.

You shook your head. “Nope.”

Kris gave out a relief sigh. “If I did I’m s-sorry.”

“I should be the one apologizing.” You looked all over for the medicine.

“W-why?” Kris played with his band aid. You looked at him, making him look away from you again. “For what you saw yesterday.” 

“Oh about that.” Kris scratched his head as he tried thinking of a way to apologized again.

“I didn’t mean to hug him. I was just feeling depressed and everything happened fast. He was only making me feel better and its still not an excuse to act that way. So I’m sorry for making you look bad. It won’t happen again.” You continued looking for the medicine.

“I’m also sorry for acting like a jealous jerk.” Kris finally admitted.

You finally found the medicine and handed it too him. “Here take one so you will feel better.”

Kris shyly took the bottle away from you. “Thank you. Why where you sleeping on the floor?”

“About that. I kind of drifted off to sleep when I was taking care off you.” You said cleaning up the bed.

“Oh. I’m sure sleeping on the floor was really painful.” Kris said looking at you. “Its fine, I feel like a slept better. You were really drunk.” You added as you placed the pillows back in its place.

“I’m sure I was. Since I have a big headache today.” Kris said taking another pill.

“You should clean up. I’ll tell the maid to prepare you something for your hang over.” You said as you quickly went to get ready. Kris nodded his head. *Why is she being all nice to me? I’m sure I was such a jerk last night.*

 

Kris finished getting ready and went down to get something to eat. He noticed you sitting on the table, as you waited for him. “Oh, your done. Hurry eat something so that we could go to the hospital and see your grandfather.”

Kris nodded his head and started to eat slowly. He was confused on why you were acting all cheerful and nice to him. He watched you as you ate your food happily. 

*I’m sure something bad happened last night. I’m sure I did something bad and she won’t tell me.* Kris put his spoon down.

After you were done eating you helped the maid clean the table leaving Kris alone to eat. “I’m going to go change so that we could go.” Kris didn’t say anything and continued eating. 

You noticed that the red marks on your wrist and shoulders were still red from last night. You quickly covered them up when you heard Kris enter the room. “Are you done?” Kris looked around for you. “Just wait a minute.” You said fixing you hair.

“Okay, I’m all done let’s go.” You gave him a big smile. Kris just stared at you confused and gave you a small nod. 

 

He walked ahead of you towards his car. You made sure that none of the marks on your wrist were showing. Kris didn’t even look back, as he walked to his car.

 “I’m glad you’re grandfather is being discharged today.” You said looking out the window.

“Yeah, me too.” Kris said smiling to himself as he drove. 

 

Kris pulled over and took his seat belt off. You followed his lead and did the same thing. Kris hurried to your side and placed his hand on your back. You just walked in silence as he hold you in place and pretend to be all close for his grandfather. Your heart started to beat fast as he got close to you.

He opened the door to his grandfather’s room for you, indicating for you to go in first. Mr. Wu was already up and dressed when you walked in. “Good Morning.” You cheerfully said.

“Good morning.” Mr. Wu responded back. You placed your bag on the chair. “I see that you are feeling better.”

“I feel so much better. I was getting tired of laying all day.” Mr. Wu said laughing. 

“I’m glad your still the same.” Kris said smiling at him.

“Why would I change?” Mr. Wu said looking at Kris. “Do you like your new home, Jinae?”

“Yes, thank you for taking me in. I feel really at home.” You sat down as Kris grabbed his grandfathers bag. “Kris, just leave that there. Mr. Choi is bringing someone to pick them up.” Kris nodded and did what his grandfather told him. “Where’s Mr. Choi?” Kris asked looking to see if he was in the room.

“Oh he had an important event to today. He will visit me at home once his done with his event. Sera came this morning but she also was busy so she brought me flowers.” Mr. Wu handed them to you to carry them.

“If its alright with you guys, I would like to go home.” Mr. Wu said putting his coat on.

“I’m fine with it.” Kris responded. And followed his grandfather. Just as you were walking out you got a text. Don’t forget about our conversation last night. Met me at the coffee shop after your done meeting Mr. Wu. Don’t you dare ditch or else. You looked at Kris and put your phone back in your bag. 

 

The whole car you didn’t say anything and kept looking at the time. Kris caught you and stared at you cautiously. You looked up, not noticing him staring at you. You finally made it back to his house. You still had to follow Mr. Wu as Kris grabbed his work papers from the car.

“Would you like anything?” You cheerfully asked Mr. Wu.

“No, I’m fine.” Mr. Wu responded. You watched as he lay his coat on a chair and sat down on his bed. Kris came up to his room and handed him his bag. “Don’t stress yourself.” Kris said to him. Mr. Wu nodded and handed him some papers. “Here read this and sign them for me.” Kris opened the portfolio and began scanning the paper quickly. You followed Kris back to a small room, leaving Mr. Wu to rest a bit. “Is this your office?” You looked around.

Kris looked up from the paper work and smiled at you. “Mhm.” He sat down at his desk, placing the papers down. You didn’t know how to ask him. After what happen it would be strange if he let you leave the house.

You just stood there looking at him, trying to get some courage. “Kris.”

Kris was now looking at, waiting for you to speak again. “My grandfather comes home this week and I want to clean our house a bit. I was wondering if it was okay if I could go.”

Kris thought about it and nodded his head. “Have fun.” Was all Kris could come up with. You nodded and left his office. You left him to do all the paper work by himself. 

 

You arrived at the coffee shop a few minutes early.

I’m here. Like you told me too. You texted back. You order a cup of juice but didn’t even touch the glass. You finally spotted Sera walking into the coffee shop. She took her sunglasses off and set them on the table, as well as a large brown envelope. You stared at the envelope and than at her.

“Your as obedient as I thought.” Sera gave you an evil smile.

 


As you could see my computer got fixed and everything works again. YAY!

I got it last Saturday but I was stuck doing english projects. /sigh/ I fail as a writer again. 

Hope this chapter wasn't boring. I stayed up all last night to write it and didn't sleep until 4 am. Which is bad?

Make sure to comment. The comments encouraged me to write again. ^_^ Also I'm so close to 200 subscribers thank you.