2

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

You were startled to see his eyes meeting yours, that you stepped back. You forgot you were on a stool, and you found yourself falling backwards.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms caught you as you fell.

Your heart fluttering, you turned to say "thank you" to whoever caught you, but your tounge froze when you saw your savior.

It was Kai.

You pushed yourself off of him and stammered, "I - I'm so sorry. Thank you for catching me."

You had no idea how he ran that fast from his seat to where you were, but you were thankful, anyway.

He gave you an annoyed look and dusted himself off.

The swarm of girls by the windows went to him and fussed over him, giving you glares along the way.

"I can't believe she fell on him!"

"What a loser!"

"Are you okay, Kai oppa?"

You bowed over and over, and ran off. As you ran, you turned back once to look at Kai one more time, but you instantly regretted it.

He looked at you with a digusted look in his eyes, clearly disliking you.

Did you forget me already, Kai?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You hung behind after the bell rang, signaling the end of school. You sighed, looking at the time.

I'd better get home...

You walked out of the building, lost in thought, and walked past the dirt soccer field.

Out of the corner of your field of vision, you saw a figure standing in the middle of the field.

You turned your head and saw him - Kai.

His hands were in his pants pockets, his head hung and staring at something on the ground.

You looked around his feet and saw something gold glinting in the sunlight.

You saw him pick it up and hold it up in front of his eyes. It was a necklace.

You touched the nape of your neck and realized that your necklace was missing.

My necklace! I must've dropped it in the soccer field during gym...

He stared at it for a while before pocketing it. You saw that he was going to turn around, so you quickly looked around for a hiding place, panicking.

You jumped behind a bush just in time. He passed by the bush and out of the school grounds.

After making sure that he left, you slowly came out of the bush, staring after him.

"So you remember that necklace, huh?" you whispered.

Flashback

"Hey, I got something to give ya," Kai said to you one day.

Today was your birthday, but you didn't have a birthday party. The workers at the orphanage  got you a dollhouse, but that was your only birthday present.

Kai had pulled you out of the lunch room, saying that he had to give you something.

"What is it?" you asked, feeling excited.

Kai reached into his pocket and pulled out a golden necklace with a small pink gem, shaped like a heart.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" you exclaimed.

"It used to be my mom's," Kai whispered, "but I'm giving it to you."

"Thank you so much, Kai oppa!" you smiled.

"Here, lemme put it on you," he said, going behind you.

You tugged your hair to the side to let him put it on your neck.

You heard a faint clicking sound when Kai clasped the necklace on you.

You looked down at the pink heart and touched it, feeling very touched and loved.

"Thank you, again," you said, hugging him.

You didn't know why you did it, but you felt the urge to. After all, he gave you something valuable to his, so not it was your turn to give him something special in return.

When you let him go, you stared at his face, watching for a reaction.

He looked confused at first, but broke into a huge smile.

Then, he leaned in and kissed your cheek, making you blush.

"Hey, what was that for?" you giggled.

He grinned at you. "A promise kiss. Promise me that you'll always keep it on."

Kai held out a small pinky finger, and you linked yours with his, sealing the promise.

"I promise," you laughed.

End of Flashback

You smiled as you remembered that wonderful day. Unconciously, your hand lifted up and gently touched the spot on your cheek where Kai had first kissed you.

Then you walked out of the school gates towards home, replaying that day in your head.

Maybe he does remember me...Does he still love me though? From the looks of it, it looks like he doesn't...