24

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

Baekhyun dried the final coffee cup in the wet pile of dishes and placed the towel onto the counter, wriping his hands on his apron.

Sighing, he took off his apron over his head and hooked it onto the coat stand in the back room. He paused there, his hand still on the apron, lost in thought.

Recollections of earlier this day flooded into his mind. That moment when Sukyung held up her phone, showing him a picture of...her.

He thought he left her behind in America. He never would've imagined that she would follow Kai to Korea - to cause more trouble.

What was alarming was how she had already met and befriended Sukyung. Was it pure friendship or was she planning on something to break Sukyung and Kai apart? Whatever it was, Baekhyun wasn't going to let her hurt Sukyung, even if it meant protecting her and Kai's relationship.

 

--------------------------------

 

Baekhyun turned off the café lights and locked up for the evening. He stuck the keys into his backpack and walked down the dark street to his car. However, when he got closer to it, he could make out a slender figure leaning against the hood of the car. Someone with straight, long hair.

He squinted his eyes to see the person more clearly. Once he got close enough, the figure straightened up and walked towards him. When the stranger came under a street lamp, Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock, his face turning pale as a sheet.

"Y-You! Why are you here?" he stuttered, still in shock.

The girl smiled slyly and tucked a loose strand of her hair extensions behind her ear.

"Is that how you greet the girl you used to date not too long ago, Baekhyun oppa? Long time, no see."

 

------------------------------

 

D.O. slowed to a stop in front of your house. You thanked him and held Chorong in your arms, watching D.O. leave. You sighed and headed inside. You opened the front door and entered the quiet house. Byul and Dal ran to you, greeting you with wagging tails. You let Chorong down and she played with the other pups.

A small smile spread across your face, but you quickly frowned and headed upstairs to your room.

You changed into your pajamas and flopped onto your bed, blowing a tired sigh.

You lay on your side, facing the wall. There, propped up against your wall, was your finished sketch of Kai, smiling with his mouth slightly open and his eyes sparkling.

You had finished it a while ago, before the news of the arranged marriage, but even though you had felt very rejected and hated by Kai a while ago, you couldn't bring yourself to throw it out.

Now that you've officially fallen in love with that cold man, you've also found a possible enemy that can tear your relationship apart.

*I don't want Eena to be my enemy...She's my best friend...Eena, why does it have to be you?* you wondered.

 

----------------------------------

 

Baekhyun glanced at Eena, sitting awkwardly in the driver's seat while she was sitting in the passenger's seat. She had insisted on speaking with him. He could only guess what the talk was going to be about.

"I didn't know you knew Sukyung," she suddenly said in the dark car.

Baekhyun jumped a little and nodded, "Yeah, I met her this year."

"Huh. That's funny - Sukyung and I met this year, too. After moving here from ia," she smirked, stretching her arms back.

"...I know you moved here to chase after Kai. He's taken now - he was already in love with Sukyung and he's gonna stay that way," Baekhyun said firmly.

Eena rolled her eyes, "Please,  I can wrap Kai around my pinky finger all over again - he still loves me - even just a little bit. And I'll make sure that he comes right back."

"Why are you looking for him again? After he found out we were...a thing...he was heartbroken by you. The reason why he left for Korea was to forget about you," he said bitterly.

She turned to him and snapped, "That wasn't my fault - he wasn't paying as much attention to me as he used to, so I got bored! Who likes a boyfriend who doesn't talk to you?"

Baekhyun mentally face palmed himself. *This self-centered girl really needs to listen to herself talk...*

"Anyway, the reason I asked to talk with you is to rip up Sukyung and Kai's marriage and relationship," she said importantly.

"No, I reject your offer," he said.

"Baekhyun! Think about this before you answer! You love Sukyung, don't you?" she asked quickly.

Baekhyun froze and didn't look at Eena, afraid to answer her.

She smirked. "See? Just from not answering my question, I can tell you really love her. So - you get Sukyung, and I get Kai? Simple as that! It works both ways!"

"I...still say no," he said quietly.

Eena gave him a baffled look. "Are you serious? C'mon, oppa, this can be your chance! You're better for her, anyway! She seems much closer to you and trusts you a lot! Kai hurt her more times than you and I can both count, and you were the one to cheer her up all the time! Am I right?"

Those words echoed inside Baekhyun's head, leaving him speechless. What Eena said was right - he was there to comfort you when Kai hurt you, he was there to make you smile when you were down, and he supported you more than Kai ever did. Was Eena doing a favor for both you and Baekhyun?

"I'll let you think about this, but I'm coming back here tomorrow for your answer. Either you accept and we'll work together, or you can reject my offer and live miserably. Your choice," Eena sniffed, opening the passenger door and getting out. She slammed the door shut and walked away.

Baekhyun stared at the steering wheel, his head spinning. *Should I do it? Should I get back at Kai for hurting the girl I love? Or should I sit still and let Sukyung live happily with that idiot?*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING TT.TT PLEASE FORGIVE ME~~~~

Anyway, should baekhyun accept or reject??? :O MUCH more drama in store! We'll see who ends up with who ;)