21

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

The next day, you walked into your classroom and sat down in your seat. It was pretty embarrassing on the way there because Kai had stubbornly insisted that he should walk you to class, and everyone was staring at you.

"Why is Kai walking with her?"

"Who does she think she is?"

"Gosh, how embarrassing it must be for Kai..."

Those types of whispers and comments that you heard as you passed by kind-of hurt, but Kai ignored them all and continued sticking close to you. You've been hearing these things since the day Kai started opening up to you, but no one knew about the marriage plans - yet.

You faced the window at your left and propped up your elbow on the desk, leaning your chin on top of your hand. You sighed and suddenly felt someone tapping your shoulder.

You turned your head and smiled brightly when Eena took a seat next to you. Your eyes lifted upward to her hair.

"Wow, your hair looks great! Did you get extensions?" you exclaimed.

Eena grinned and nodded, her now long hair. "Yeah, I just felt like looking a bit different than usual today."

"You look so pretty!" you said, giving her a thumbs up.

"Thanks," she said, blowing you a kiss.

The teacher walked into the classroom and tapped his ruler on the teacher's desk. "Attention, kids! Class is starting!"

You quickly got out your books and pencil case while Eena did the same.

And from then on, things were going to get more dramatic than you've imagined.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Kai was waiting outside your classroom door when the final bell rang for the end of the day.

His hands were in his uniform pockets, his backpack hanging from one broad shoulder, and his other shoulder leaning against the doorframe.

Girls passing by waved shyly at him and greeted him, giggling, "Hi, Kai oppa!"

He smiled and waved back at them as you came up to him, all ready to leave.

You raised an eyebrow at him. He turned to you and saw that expression on your face.

"What?" he asked innocently. "If people greet me, I should greet them back, shouldn't I?"

You shook your head and sighed deeply, starting to walk away from him. "Nevermind..."

"Yah, wait for me!" Kai protested, chasing after you.

You almost walked into Eena as you turned the corner of the hallway.

"Oops! Sorry!" Eena yelped, laughing as she patted your shoulder.

"No problem, just watch where you're going," you said playfully.

Kai came up behind you and scolded, "Yah, don't leave me behind, stupid - "

He suddenly stopped midsentence and stared at Eena. Confused, you looked back and forth between your best friend and Kai. Eena had a hardened expression on her face, yet a flash of hurt crossed her eyes. She looked at you and muttered, "Sorry, I'll be going then."

She ran off, keeping her eyes on the ground.

"Hey, Eena!" you yelled after her, watching her as she disappeared.

*That's weird...What just happened?* you wondered, scratching your head.

You turned to Kai and nudged him,  "C'mon, let's go."

You started walking, but realized Kai wasn't behind you. You turned around and saw him just standing there, a blank expression on his face.

"Kai! What are you doing?" you asked, feeling exasperated.

He snapped out of his trance and started walking with a fast pace, getting ahead of you. You looked after him, more confused than ever.

*What's with him? Something definitely happened back there...* you thought, following him out of the school.

 

------------------------------------------

 

When Kai arrived at the front of your house, you stayed inside the car. Kai realized you weren't making a move to leave, and looked up at you with a curious face.

You turned your body to him in your seat and analyzed his behavior. He was quieter than usual, and he looked more tired than he was than at school.

"What happened back there?" you demanded.

Kai jumped and looked at your eyes uneasily before averting them to his lap. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"When I met up with Eena, my friend. You both looked at each other and turned into ice. That was the first time I've ever seen her like that before," you pressed.

He shrugged, "I don't know. She was giving me a weird look so I naturally gave her a cold look back."

*That seemed more like a shocked and scared look to me...* you thought, but continued, "I don't think so."

"Look, believe what you want, but I've never seen her before so don't keep asking me about this!" Kai burst out, looking very pained.

Surprised with his sudden outburst, you sighed and opened the car door. You hesitated but got out quickly and slammed the door shut. You ran to your house and inside.

*There's definitely something bothering him about Eena, and I'm going to find out.* you thought, determined more than ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oohh~~ lots of fluff before the drama happens :P

Now it's finally starting - why do you think Eena and Kai had those reactions when they saw each other? Is Kai lying to Sukyung about never seeing Eena before?

Put your thoughts on this update in the comments section below!

Thanks everybody~~~ ^^