35

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

"Here?" you asked, staring at the hectic scene.

Kai had bought you to an amusement park, and it looked beautiful in the night-time.

You suddenly thought back to the night you first met Baekhyun - now that you thought about it, this was the exact same place you first met.

Kai noticed you staying silent and curiously peered at your face. "You don't like it here?"

You snapped out of it and put on a smile. "No, I love amusement parks! Where should we go first?"

Kai suddenly grinned evily. "Wanna go into the new haunted house they recently built here?"

You made a face, "Really? Haunted Hous?"

"Why? Scared?" he teased, poking your arm. 

"No, it's just...I'm worried that you'll be clinging onto me the whole time 'cause you're scared," you said quickly, trying to not make it seem obvious that you were actually scared yourself.

"Nah, I'm no scaredy-cat. But I know you are. Come on, let's go!" Kai urged, taking your hand and running to the direction of the haunted house.

The exterior decorations looked normal - it looked just like a regular Joseon era style house. However, the TVs set up outside showing the horrors of the inside definitely spooked you out. You flinched when Kai squeezed your hand, your palms starting to feel sweaty and clammy. 

Kai looked more closely at you. "Are you shaking right now? Oh my gosh, haha!"

You glared up at him and barked, "I'm not shaking!"

"Oh yes you are! Look at your knees! They're knocking against each other!" Kai laughed, pointing at your knees. They were, indeed, shaking. 

"NOT. FUNNY." you said in a warning tone.

His laughter faltered and he cleared his throat. "Well, if you're scared just keep close to me. I'll be your flashlight."

"Terrific..." you muttered under your breath.

"Next," the boy at the entrance of the house said in a bored tone. He had heavy white paint on his face and his eyes and lips were outlined in black. He was wearing a witch hat and a black robe, and he was clearly here only to make money in a part-time job.

The boy opened the door for you and Kai to enter.

"Stick close, or else the ghosts will come and kill you," Kai whispered in your ear before everything became pitch black.

You automatically stuck to Kai's side like glue, shuffling along with him. You screamed and kicked at one scare after the other, not sure if some of the kicks were accidentally aimed at Kai's legs.

When it was all over and you were finally out in the air, you breathed a sigh of relief. Your legs and arms felt like jelly, and you were sweating cold sweat. Your hair wasn't looking too good, either.

Kai looked tired from trying to calm you down back at the haunted house, having to endure your kicks in the shins and your shrieking by his ear.

"We...are DEFINITELY not going back into a haunted house AGAIN - especially when I'm with you," Kai said, fixing your messy hair back into place. 

You nodded, feeling a bit sorry towards Kai, but you broke into a positive grin. "Where next?"

 

----------------------------------

 

The last ride of the night was the ferris wheel - the same one you rode on with Baekhyun.

*Why am I bringing back unnecessary memories of Baekhyun? Am I feeling that sorry for Baekhyun?* you wondered, squeezing Kai's hand a bit.

"What's wrong? You're scared of heights?" Kai asked as you both got into the cable car.

"Oh, no, it's nothing," you said quickly, smiling up at him.

Kai sat close next to you. The cable went higher and higher and stopped all the way at the top, where the crescent moon was shining in the cloudless sky.

You sighed, gazing at the moon, cozying up next to Kai. He looked a bit surprised but he wrapped a long arm around your shoulders as you leaned your head against his chest.

After a moment of comfortable silence, Kai touched your ring finger lightly. You looked down and saw that he was gently brushing his fingers against the ring he slipped on your finger weeks before.

"Why?" you asked softly.

Kai shook his head, "Nothing...Just thinking..."

"About what?"

"Hmm...a lot of things. How we were in that orphanage together years ago...How fate put us together when I moved back to Korea...Why I was so cold to you before and how you melted my heart again...Baekhyun...Eena...And you," Kai whispered the last part, nuzzling his nose in your sweet smelling hair.

You giggled and teased, "You're, like, the king of cheezyness."

"Why, does that bother you?," Kai asked.

"Nope. I like it- it's the Kai that I love and know," you replied, moving into a more comfortable position in his arms.

Kai wrapped you more snuggly in his arms, holding you close.

"Congrats," you said.

"For what?" Kai asked, sounding puzzled.

"For capturing my heart and marrying me - congrats for that, stupid," you laughed, reaching up behind you and pushed his head playfully.

"Yah, remember when I told you to call me 'oppa'? I'm older than you by a few months, stupid," Kai said in a stern yet playful tone.

"No~ That's too weird...We were born in the same year - why do I need to? You're so weird..." you muttered.

"Hey, look who's talking, stupid," Kai rolled his eyes, but he kissed the top of your head.

You smiled to yourself, letting your eyes travel back up the sky and rest on the bright moon.

The ferris wheel suddenly lurched and began to move again, the cable slowly descending to the ground.

"Hey, Sukyung," Kai said after getting off the ride.

You looked up, "Yeah?"

Kai suddenly leaned down and quickly pecked your lips, ruffling your hair. "You're so cute."

Kai ran off backwards, jogging as he shot you a heart with his hands. 

You gazed blankly at him, embarrassed that so many people around the two of you were looking at you and Kai, smiling or pointing at the cute couple. You blushed and ran up to him, holding one palm in the air to slap his arm.

*Aish, Kai! Why in public!* you thought, Kai teasing you with more combinations of hearts that he shot at you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GAHHHH THE FLUFF. TT.TT anyway, thank you all for subscribing and upvoting and commenting! 

Sorry to say, but the story will end prob by next chapter or after another :S Its so sad to see this fanfic ending...esp cause this one was my first ever! :'(

However, happy ending! Kai and Sukyung getting married, but not so much for Baekhyun :/ i know a lot of you guys liked Baekhyun+Sukyung together, but the ending turned out like this :)

Thank you all again for supporting me and always keeping up with the updates!~

Happy chuseok for those who celebrated it the past week and have a great week!

If you haven't done so, plz subscribe to my next story, "-One Chance, Multiple Thefts-" ft BAP and you!!!~~~ ^^ 

Here's the link down below:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/423759/one-chance-multiple-thefts-adventure-korean-romance-you-bap-theft
 

THANK YOU~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-SUPERGIRL14