28

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

As Baekhyun shut the door of his car, his phone started to ring. He pulled out his phone from his pants pocket with his tongue sticking out, struggling a bit until it was free from his pocket. He looked at the caller ID.

Ellen Lim

He sighed and hesitated before answering it. "Hello?"

From the other side, Ellen asked sharply, "So. Did you think about it?"

Baekhyun bit his lip and didn't say anything.

"Just do this with me oppa! I'm telling you, it'll give everyone benefits!" Ellen urged, holding her forehead in stress, her eyes closing.

"I...I'm not going to do it."

Her eyes shot open. "What did you just say?" she asked in disbelief.

"I've decided not to go along with what you're planning. Sukyung is really sick right now, and I need to look after her. I'm not going to let anything else hurt her or give her stress now, so get lost. Don't ever try to mislead her or give her misunderstandings. And - "

Baekhyun looked down at his lap before taking a huge breath. "Don't ever reveal to her who you really are. Everything will become chaos if you do. I'm hanging up, and don't contact me anymore."

He hung up on her and sighed, letting his eyes roll back and sinking into the chair.

*Ellen is really a handful...Why did I ever even fall in love with her before? There's nothing good about her at all...She only acted all nice and innocent when she was around Kai...*

 

------------------------------------

 

"Hello? Hello? Argh!" Ellen screamed, looking at her phone in disbelief and chucking it onto her bed.

She clenched her teeth and her body shook in anger.

"Watch out, Baekhyun oppa. I'll make sure that your precious Sukyung is going to pay for what she did to seduce my Kai - and for taking you to her side as well."

 

-------------------------------------

 

You were finally better by the next day, feeling refreshed and resilient. You came to school by yourself, bright and early. You still felt uncomfortable around him, ever since you had cried in front of him while you were sick in bed.

*Should I have done that? I feel bad for the misunderstandings back there...* you regretted, biting your bottom lip as you walked into your classroom.

You didn't see Eena all day. You heard from your classmates that she had some work to do in the teacher's office for the upcoming graduation ceremony for the seniors.

Before lunch time had started, your class teacher had asked you the favor to carry his papers and binders to the staff room for him while he went out to find a student. You nodded and smiled, taking the things from his arms.

The staff room was across the school building, inside another building where the offices and gym was. As you were walking, you were deep in thought.

*I saw a glimpse of him today when he passed by my classroom...Why did he have such a dark expression on his face?* you wondered, thinking back to that moment.

Kai had been passing by, and his tall stature let him be seen clearly to you. You coincidentally looked at him as he walked along, and he made eye contact with you. He didn't seem too happy and his expression was dark, as if he was very stressed about something.

As you were pondering over this, a girl suddenly shouted, "Look out!"

Confused, you looked behind you to see the girl pointing at the area above you, her eyes wide and frightened.

You looked up to see a potted plant shooting down to where you were standing. You shut your eyes and waited for the impact, but suddenly, you felt someone strong pushing you to the side, the both of you sailing to the ground. The papers in your arms fluttered to the ground, scattering everywhere.

Breathing hard, you were in shock for a few moments, hearing students' surprised gasps and chatter. You looked back and saw the plant shattered into pieces, the dirt dark against the light gray concrete.

You turned your head to the person next to you, also breathing heavily. Your eyes widened when you saw that it was Kai, his uniform dirty from the landing and his hand cut up and bleeding everywhere.

"Kai?" you whispered, staring at him in shock and horror. "Your hands..."

"Don't worry about me," he grunted, trying to get back onto his feet, very slowly. He winced as he straightened his back, taking a look at his bloody hand.

You quickly scrambled onto your feet and tears started to fall. "Kai...I'm so sorry - "

"What happened?" your classroom teacher asked, running up to you and Kai, his eyes wide open with worry. The principal of the school also came running over, his almost balding head shining in the sunlight.

"What is going on? Who threw that pot at you?" the principal yelled, looking around at the students who had gathered around the scene.

No one answered him, all avoiding eye contact with him. Looking very upset, he looked from you to Kai.

"You don't know?" he asked.

"Um...I think it fell from up there, sir," you answered quietly, pointing up.

Everyone looked up the open window on the higher floor right above the broken pot.

"Whoever did this will get into big trouble. If I hear an incident happening again, no one will be unsuspected for doing it! Got it?" the principal warned, looking around at everyone.

He turned back to Kai and pointed behind himself, "Go to the nurse's office immediately and get that hand fixed. And you, student - go back to class and do not mention any of this to your classmates. Okay?"

You both nodded silently.

"What are you all doing still standing here? Get back to class! Off you go!" the principal yelled, shooing them away.

Kai led you back to class quietly after bandaging his hand, not saying a word to you.

*I feel so bad...He just saved me...But I didn't say a word of thanks to him...* you worried, not sure of what to do in this situation.

You came to the outside of your classroom and you turned to him. He looked at you with a surprised expression, and asked, "What?"

"Are you really okay? I'm really sorry about what happened - why did you do it? You had to get yourself hurt..." you trailed off.

He put his unharmed hand on your head, patting gently with a gentle smile on his face, which surprised you.

"I'd rather get hurt a million times than you getting hurt like that. So don't worry about me, okay?" he said.

Your eyes filled with tears again, but you nodded, looking at the floor. Your heart was clenching - how could there be anyone as caring as Kai?

"Thanks, Kai..." you murmured, holding back your hot tears.

"No need for thanks. Just go back to class, stupid," he said softly.

He turned to leave, but you caught his shirt and pulled him back. You tip toed and pecked his lips, blushing a little bit. You hurried into your classroom while Kai stood there, staring after you.

He chuckled and walked slowly away.

 

---------------------------------

 

A girl stood in the empty classroom, still looking out the open window with a soft breeze coming in.

Her shoulders were tensed in anger and her fists shook as she watched a janitor sweep the broken pieces of the pot into a bag.

"Why did he get in my way? I could've just finished her off in one move!" Eena whispered angrily to herself.

*I'll need to think up of other ways to get that Sukyung out of my way...*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OOOOHHHHHHH lots of dramaaaa!!!! >< LOL

hope you guys are enjoying all of this! That scene was quite a close shave!! D:

There's gonna be a whole lot more drama in the next couple of updates, so look forward to them!! ^^

I LOVE YOU ALL~~

(P.s. PLEASE vote this story up if you like it! ^^ So far i have 19, and i'm thankful for all the subbies who upvoted this story! ^^ *XOXO* haha)

 

-supergirl14