34

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

Baekhyun sighed and sniffled, wiping away his tears with the back of his hand. He felt like an abandoned dog - all left alone with his pain and saddness, no one to comfort him. At times like these, you would be the one to cheer him up, but this time, you were the one to give Baekhyun the wound.

*I guess they're right...the one you love the most can hurt you the most...* he thought, his shoulders slumping.

Baekhyun took off his apron half-heartedly and hung it on the clothing rack. He picked up his backpack and slung it over one shoulder, walking out of the back room. He knew he wasn't supposed to close the café before its set time, but he didn't care. Baekhyun turned off all the lights, and flipped the sign on the door from OPEN to CLOSED. He took out his keys and locked the door securely.

He turned around and jumped when he saw Eena standing behind him, staring at him. She blinked and asked, "Isn't it too early to close up?"

Baekhyun pursed his lips. "Why does that matter to you? Get lost." He turned aroudn and started to walk down the street with a bitter expression on his face.

Eena followed him, peering at his face. "Were you...crying?"

Baekhyun turned his head away from her, speeding up his pace. Eena just matched his pace, suspicious.

"Those puffy red eyes equal crying in this world. You called Sukyung, didn't you? She totally rejected you, didn't she? Ha, I knew it! In the end, only you would be hurt by all this - "

Baekhyun stopped moving abruptly, almost making Eena trip over him, a look of surprise on her face.

"Go away, will you? You're not helping my mood right now, so please get lost before I actually start to lose it," Baekhyun said with clenched teeth, his eyes closed in an effort to keep his calm. However, his white knuckles in his balled up fists displayed everything for Eena to see.

She took a step back with her hands raised sarcastically in the air. She sniffed, "Jeez, all right. I'll 'get lost'. Be a sore loser - it was your decision to not help me with my plan, babo."

She flipped her short hair and wakled away in the other direction, leaving Baekhyun standing by himself.

*I did the right thing, right? To let Sukyung be with Kai? But why does my selfish heart tell me that I made the wrong choice?*

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Chorong! Dal! Byul! Dinner!" you called from the kitchen. You had two large bowls of dog food and clean water in your hands.

The puppies scrambled in, their tails wagging and their tongues hanging out of their mouths. They got onto their hind legs and jumped around you at your feet.

"Woah, calm down! Sit! Sit!"

They obediently sat in one straight line, looking up at you with adorable puppy eyes. Smiling, you set down the bowls carefully and let them dig in. You watched them with a mother's smile, feeling satisfied.

You went upstairs after washing their bowls in the sink and retreated to your room.

"Ah...I have homework, don't I?" you muttered to yourself, dragging your heavy schoolbag across the floor to your desk. You pulled out a few binders and notebooks, and coincidentally pulled out your sketchbook.

*Homework can wait,* you thought, and opened the book to the first page.

Memories flooded back as you observed the sketch of your husband-to-be. His handsome eyes, nose, and lips were captured perfectly. You traced a finger down his nose and tapped the tip of it lightly, smiling to yourself.

*This guy really is mine...After all this drama and planning, the day will finally be here.*

With a full and contented heart, you opened up to a fresh, blank page and started to sketch something, hoping that Kai would like it.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Three, four, five, six weeks passed, and it was exactly one week before the wedding.

You woke up one bright, sunny Saturday morning, and rose out of bed, stretching. You yawned loudly like a walrus and rubbed your messy bed head. You climbed out of bed and sleepily made your way to the bathroom in the hallway. The lights were already on.

*Did someone leave them on after they left?* you wondered. Your eyes were closed as you reached out for your toothbrush and squeezed out some minty toothpaste.

You lazily brushed your teeth, too tired to check yourself in the mirror. You should've, because you heard a low chuckle behind you. You opened your eyes a bit wider, and gasped when you saw Kai leaning against the bathroom wall, his arms crossed with a big grin on his face.

"Good morning, sunshine. You definitely have a different side to you on Saturday mornings that I don't see at school," he commented, chuckling some more.

You snapped your head around and glared at him, your toothbrush sticking out of your mouth.

"Why are you here? Get out, out!" you said through the bubbly toothpaste, slapping his arm and pushing him out of the bathroom.

"Hey, what the heck are you doing to a guest! I'm telling on you to your parents!" Kai yelped.

"I don't care! Just get out!" you yelled, slamming the door in his face.

"I was going to take you out today!" Kai added in, leaning against the door. He fell in when you opened the door, shocked to see him tumbling to the floor with an "oof!"

"I'll be ready soon, so wait downstairs, not in the bathroom!" you said, rolling your eyes.

 

--------------------------------

 

Kai smiled at you as you ascended down the stairs in a button down with black hearts and a black skirt.

Kai whistled, "Nice~ I like seeing my girlfriend wearing pretty stuff like this when not wearing a boring old school uniform."

You raised an eyebrow, "First of all, since when was I your girlfriend? You didn't even ask me out officially!"

He shrugged, "Well, we're getting married anyway, right? That just means I've fallen head over heels for you, so I directly went to marriage - so I can be with you forever and ever." He hugged you from behind, his arms around your neck and shoulders. Kai's head rested next to yours. You blushed and said, "Okay, okay, I got it. So where are we going?"

Kai let you go and turned you around to face him. He had a mischevious expression on.

"We're gonna go have fun today."

 

----------------------------------

 

"This? A pictorial?" you asked, wide eyed.

Kai had taken you to a photo studio, with the sets and cameras and lights and everything. Clothes were in racks and shoes were neatly in line, the mirrors with lights resting on white wooden desks with piles of makeup.

"It's just for fun. We can take these pictures now and keep them for a while - to remember our young and youthful days as we grow old together," Kai grinned, holding your hand and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"But...what about our..." you were going to say, but you stopped, your cheeks turning red.

"Kids? We'll come back again with them and take lots more pictures," Kai chuckled, ruffling your hair.

You pouted, "How did you know I was going to say that..."

"Excuse me, are you the couple that wanted a shoot? Please come with me," a woman said, waving for you to follow her deeper into the studio.

 

----------------------------------

 

First, there were individual shots for the two of you. Kai went first, wearing all sorts of fashionable clothing and his hair nicely styled. You were surprised to see him being such a pro at taking pictorials. His facial expressions and poses were like a professional's.

Kai caught you staring at him and winked at you quickly. You looked down and blushed, cursing yourself for getting caught in something so embarrassing.

 

 

 

Soon it was your turn. As you brushed past Kai, he kissed your cheek lightly, smiling sweetly at you. Touching the place where he kissed you, you glanced at him, a small smile of shyness on your face.

*What's with all the fluff lately?* you wondered giddily.

After getting all prettied up, you were ready to take pictures. Kai sat in a chair in front of you, watching you as you shyly tried to be like a real model.

 

 

 

Kai's jaw fell open a little at how well you took the pictures. You were cute, pretty, and charming - all in one pretty package.

*It's a good thing we came here...She'll probably feel the same later on,* he thought.

"Okay, we're done!" the photographer called, smiling at you and clapping.

You smiled shyly and bowed to all the workers, saying, "Thank you, thank you for all your work! Have a nice day!"

Kai watched you and laughed at your cuteness. He got up and walked over to you, slinging an arm over your shoulder. You looked up at him with a confused expression.

"Let's move on to another fun activity. It'll take a few hours to get all these pictures developed."

"Where?" you asked.

"You'll see."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sorry for not updating in a while....and the short one before this update ><

Thanks to all who subscribed and for commenting! ^^ please keep giving me and the story lots of love and support! please keep upvoting the story, too!

BTW who else read 10080?? so amazingly written TTxTT that authornim needs to like publish it or something. LOL

have a nice day and have a good rest of the week! ~~

-supergirl14