23

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

Your fingers froze around your phone, your eyes glued to the screen in disbelief. This huge secret that you've uncovered brought a tidal wave of thoughts into your head, threatening to give you a mental breakdown.

She probably has an English name...

Her English name is "Ellen". "Ellen Lim."

Eena has more secrets to her than you know...

Your mind suddenly flashed back to the moment Kai told you about his past love.

Last year was when I found out that she had been cheating on me the whole time...

She was going out with a really close friend of mine secretly while going out with me. One of my other friends told me this secret, and of course, I was heartbroken and angry at her...

*It must've been so painful for you, Kai...To see your old girlfriend again after trying to forget her after such a long time...* you thought, closing your eyes.

Kai looked over at you and saw the pained expression on your face.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?" he asked, concern in his voice.

You opened your eyes and shook your head quickly, "No, i-it's nothing. Let's just get home."

 

----------------------------------------

 

After taking care of everything at home, you walked Chorong around town by yourself, deep in thought.

It was slowly starting to get dark, and you weren't keeping track of where you were going, so you suddenly looked up and realized you were in a unfamiliar part of town.

Getting worried, you walked down another block and found yourself in a small street with cafés side by side on each side, glowing with the inner lights through the big windows.

You picked up Chorong in one arm and carried her inside to get directions.

You cautiously stepped towards the counter, where one teenager was working with his back to you. There were a few couples chatting quietly in the café.

"Um...Excuse me? Can you help me?" you asked.

The boy turned around and his eyes widened in pleasant surprise. "Oh, it's Sukyungie!"

"Omo! Hello, D.O. oppa!" you exclaimed, blushing immediately.

He came closer to the counter and leaned his elbows on it, "What do you need help with?"

"I actually came here because I got lost while walking Chorong," you said shyly, holding your puppy up a little for D.O. to see. "Could you give me a few directions to get back home?"

"Sure. But actually, Kai's house is nearer from here. Going back home by yourself is a bit dangerous, I think. I could give you a ride home, but I have to finish my shift here," D.O. said, shrugging.

"Oh, then can I wait with you here, then? If you don't mind?" you said a bit too quickly, making D.O. raise an eyebrow.

"Is...something going on between you two? You don't seem too eager to see Kai," D.O. commented.

You sighed and slowly shook your head, "Truthfully, there is something going on, but Kai doesn't know about it..."

D.O. frowned, "What do you mean?"

"It's...complicated," you muttered, Chorong's soft head. She let her tongue roll out and panted, wagging her tail in content.

"Come back here and let's talk," D.O. offered, opening up the doorway to the back room.

The two of you sat down and you told him everything - what you learned from Baekhyun, Kai's old lover, Eena (or Ellen), and how you were related to everything.

D.O. nodded while you talked, listening closely and showing concern. He finally said, "Well, it looks like you're in a bit of a knot here, right? So Kai doesn't know that you know all of this?"

"Yes, he doesn't," you answered, sighing.

He was quiet for a moment, in thought, and said gently, "I think you should make sure that your friend is the real Ellen that Kai dated. Who knows? It could've been a mistake on Baekhyun hyung's part, or maybe Eena reacted that way to Kai because she was intimidated by him. But I suggest you make sure completely before you say anything to Kai, and tell him what you know. However, I might be able to help..."

You looked at him in interest. "How?"

"Kai and I have known each other for a while now. I knew him through Baekhyun hyung because, well, they're cousins. Baekhyun introduced me to Kai, and we've kept in touch, even when he was in the U.S. We kept in touch through Facebook. You know what Facebook is, right?"

You nodded, "Yeah, I don't have an account, though."

D.O. smiled, "I made an account because Kai made me. That kid...Anyway, he tagged a me lot of photos, and many of them were of him and Ellen. Would you like to see them? I think I have some on my phone here. Maybe you could compare the faces and see for sure if it's her or not."

You nodded, a hopeful feeling rising up in your chest. "Yes, could I see them?"

D.O. pulled out his phone from his pants pocket and opened up his photo files. As he looked through them, your heart was starting to beat like crazy.

*What if it's really her? What if Ellen is the Eena that I know? It all fits - Eena transferred to our school not too long ago - around the same time Kai came...* you wondered, biting your bottom lip.

"Ah, here we go! Take a look," D.O. said, holding out his phone to you.

You took it with shaking hands and observed the photo. Kai a bit different - his hair was black and straight - not the brown hair that he had now, and next to him with his arm around her shoulders was a shorter girl. She was pretty, with long, straight black hair, with a small nose, pretty pink lips, almond shaped eyes with double eyelids, and light skin. She looked like a doll, and her smile was radiant. But the thing that struck you the most was how extremely similar she looked with Eena.

"I...I think that's her. They look so similar..." you stuttered, giving D.O. back his phone.

"I don't have a better quality picture of her. Sorry," D.O. apologized.

You shook your head and smiled politely, "No, it's all right! I guess I won't know unless I ask Kai or Eena myself..."

D.O. stood up and checked his watch. "My shift is over now. Do you want a ride home?"

"Yes, thank you, oppa," you said, getting to your feet as well.

*This is making me worry too much...Should I just forget all of this and pretend none of this ever happened? But what if Kai still loves Eena, even just a little bit? I can't just sit there when Kai's whole heart doesn't love me...* you thought, your head starting to hurt from not coming to a decision.

As you followed D.O. out the door and into the passenger seat of his car, you shook your head and lifted your chin up higher. *No. I have to find out and get this over with once and for all.*

You petted Chorong's back. She looked up at you, her dark eyes reflecting the city lights from the outside.

*Are you curious, too, Chorong-ah? I'm dying to figure this all out.* you smiled.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry y'all! Short update ^^;; I promise the next one will be longer!

Thanks for commenting and subscribing!!! :D

I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~

XOXO ^^

Sukyung-ah! Hwaiting! Everything will unfold in the end! There's many more shocking discoveries just waiting for you! Subbies!- be with Sukyung till the end! :D She'll need all the support she can get!