32

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onE4l3v1uFE

K.Will - Please Don't

------------------------------------------

 

You slowly walked over to a park bench nearby and sat down, staring at the ground in front of you in shock.

*Baekhyun...loves me? This whole time, he was in love with me and I...didn't realize it?* you thought, a terrible squeezing pain in your chest. *He must've felt so pained to listen to me cry about Kai...I hurt him so much when he's only tried to make me smile and feel better...*

You remembered those times - when he bought you food when you were sick, calling you to check up on you when you were in the pension in London, listening to you talk and cry about Kai, and that night when you first met him...

Baekhyun leaned down and gave you a light kiss on the forehead and interlacing his fingers into yours, your hand fitting right into his. His warm hand sent electric shocks down your arm, shocked by the soft touch of his hand. Baekhyun lightly squeezed your hand and let go, your hand feeling cold and empty again.

*That kiss...made my heart flutter...So he kissed me and held my hand because he really did love me?* you asked yourself in wonder, lifting your head up to the cloudless blue sky.

 

------------------------------------------

 

"You told her WHAT?" Baekhyun shouted, his face turning red.

Ellen carelessly looked at her nails and said, "I told her that you're in love with her. That's all. Why are you freaking out? You couldn't even tell her directly so I did it for you - "

"Are you an idiot? I didn't tell her on purpose!" Baekhyun yelled, putting his head in his hands.

*What am I going to do now? How am I going to explain all this to Sukyung? She's probably in a turmoil right now!* he panicked inside.

Ellen stood up from the chair she was sitting on and sighed dramatically. "Oppa. This is a good thing! This issue of two guys in love with one girl HAD to be broken out one time or another. Kai already knew, but Sukyung was the only one in oblivion with her head in the clouds! Who knows, she might go over to you now."

Baekhyun snapped his head up and glared at her, but Ellen didn't notice.

She tightened the straps of her backpack and waved, "Bye, oppa! I'm leaving!"

Baekhyun sighed heavily and watched her leave with hatred in his eyes.

*Am I supposed to call Sukyung and tell her everything Ellen said was a lie? But that's stupid - she probably realized by now that all the things I did for her this whole time was because I have feelings for her!* Baekhyun thought, biting his bottom lip and pacing around the back room of the café.

Suddenly, his phone started to ring in his pocket. He jumped, jarred out of his thoughts. Baekhyun quickly looked at the caller ID - it was Sukyung.

Feeling reluctant, he picked up cautiously, "Hello?"

"Oppa!" Sukyung's voice rang out, sounding cheerful. In reality, you were trying to cover up your shaking voice. "I have some good news!"

"O-Oh, yeah, what is it?" Baekhyun asked in a stuttering tone.

"Kai and I made up!" you said, trying to sound happy.

Baekhyun was speechless for a second, his heart receiving a blow from those words. "A-Ah, I see...So...I'm guessing the wedding's going on still, right?"

"...Yeah, it is. You're...You're going to come, right Baekhyun oppa?" you asked, your eyes welling up.

"Definitely! I have to for me good cousin and friend, Song Sukyung! I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Baekhyun said heartily.

You heard him sounding very happy, but for some reason, you felt upset that he sounded happy for you two. *Does he really have feelings for me or does he not love me anymore?*

"Okay. Umm...I have something to ask you actually..." you said hesitantly.

"Mm, go ahead," Baekhyun said.

"Do you...approve of me and Kai? Getting married that is?"

Baekhyun opened his mouth but nothing came out. The words were stuck in his throat, not wanting to come out.

*No! I don't approve! I love you so much it hurts, Sukyung! But I've seen how happy you are with Kai, and I don't want to ruin your happiness because of me...I have no choice but to send you off and lock my feelings for you deep inside my heart...* he thought, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"I...I approve! You guys match each other very well! After all, you guys knew each other since you were little, right?" Baekhyun said, smiling through his tears.

"Oh...Okay, I just wanted to know," you smiled slightly, tears dripping from your face.

*I'm so sorry, Baekhyun oppa...Even though I think I liked you since the time we met, I think my heart moved to Kai...I still have small feelings for you, but they're not as strong as they are for Kai...*

"I'll get going now, oppa. I'll see you later!" you said.

"Mm...Bye," Baekhyun said half-heartedly.

You quickly hung up and held your phone tightly in your hands, your tears finally pouring out, your throat clenching up.

"I'm so s-sorry, Baekhyun...I hurt you more times than I can count...I'm sorry I c-can't return your feelings..." you cried, leaning over in your seat, unable to numb the pain in your chest.

You didn't see Kai running around the park, turning his head left and right, looking for any signs of you. When he saw you leaning over at the park bench, his heart stopped for a second, thinking that you were in some kind of excruciating pain. He started to bolt for you, but stopped last minute. He squinted his eyes and saw tears rolling down your face.

*Why is she crying?* Kai wondered, his own heart saddening while watching you from afar.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun let his arm swing down at his side, his phone dropping to the floor with a clack. He stared up at the ceiling, his tears freefalling down his face, dripping down his neck. The sunlight that was flooding into the room from the sunset made his tears sparkle as they fell.

*Why...Why is love unfair?* he wondered, sniffling once and closing his eyes. He wanted to scream, he wanted to throw things around violently, but he stood there, unable to move in his pain.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SO SAD TT.TT I LEGIT CRIED WHILE MAKING THIS CHAPTER....OMG...

Anyway, the song by K.Will really fits this episode here - crying and tears and snot...sorry guys ^^;

HOWEVER, this all aint over yet! more updates shall come! ^^

till then, anticipate the next chapter!~

-supergirl14