7

Stupid, Sidetracked Love

You twirled your pencil around your fingers, a trick that Kai had taught you years ago and still remembered how to do. You still remembered vaguely that you kept dropping the pencil after every attempt, trying to copy it exactly the way Kai had done it - so smoothly and with control. After being adopted and practicing it during class, at home, and doing your homework, it had become a natural part of your life, twirling away fast as lightning.

You were doing your art project, and the assignment was to draw a scenery that was left to your choice. You couldn't think of what to sketch, though. Drawing boring scenes like a snow-fallen landscape or whatever was done by other people all the time. You wanted it to be special - different and creative. Something from your heart...

Your phone buzzed next to you and you picked it up immediately, dropping your pencil.

The screen read, Anonymous

You named your nameless texting buddy Anonymous because he was making his identity a secret from you.

You opened the message he sent and gasped when you saw it, your heart beating faster with excitment:

If you really wanna know who I am, then come to the ferris wheel at the nearby amusement park. I'll be waiting...

It was a Saturday, and you didn't have any plans to go out. So you pocketed your phone in the back pocket of your skinny jeans, threw on a light cardigan and went out into the warm spring evening. The sun was almost close to setting, the sky a pretty mix or orange, pink, and yellow.

You jogged to the amusement park, bought a ticket for the ferris wheel and waited, crossing your arms and bouncing up and down.

You probably waited for about ten minutes, and you started to get a bit worried. Was he ever going to come?

*He said he was gonna be here before me...*

Your pocket vibrated, and you picked up.

Get onto the ferris wheel. I'm in already.

You looked up with surprise- you didn't see anyone walk past you onto the ride, and saw a tall figure with a black hoodie on, covering his head. He was turned around, his back facing you.

You scrambled up to the ticket person and got onto the same car as the guy. The man closed the safety gate and started the ride.

You went up, up, up to the top and it stopped there, giving you a breathtaking view of Seoul and its beautiful sparkling lights in the distance. The cresent moon shone like a lantern, casting a pale blue and white light upon the car.

The figure turned to you, his head lowered.

It was silent for a few seconds, and you finally broke it by saying, "Who are you?" You were dying inside to find out who this friend was, and how he knew you and where he came from. Your heart was beating loudly, thump thump thump.

He slowly lifted his head, and you saw a small, handsome looking face, with brown curled hair covering his brow. He smiled at you, his eyes small and cute, his lips pink and his smile wide.

You knew him from somewhere, but you weren't so sure.

"I'm Byun Baekhyun. You've probably seen me somewhere at Kai's house before," he introduced himself.

You tried to trace you mind backwards, scanning through the memories you had of Kai's house. Then it hit you - you've definitely seen Baekhyun before. You had the chance of exploring the living room that day after school when it was raining, and there were hundreds of picture frames on the pieces of furniture. Baekhyun was in some of them, smiling with Kai or other family members.

"Are you...related to Kai in some way?" you asked.

He nodded. "We're cousins. My father is his uncle."

"Oh..." you said, understanding it all now.

He smiled and leaned back into his seat.

"I bet you were dying to know me - you ran all the way here, didn't you?" he teased.

You crossed your arms and huffed, "I did not! I just...jogged...you know, exercise!"

Baekhyun laughed. "You're cute in real life!"

You blushed hard - you hoped he couldn't see it in the dark.

Baekhyun sighed contently and stared up at the moon. "Finally, I don't have to hide around and just text you all the time - now we can meet up in peace."

You shifted around uncomfortably. Here you were with the anonymous texter who acted like your best friend all these days, and here he was right in front of you, talking casually as if you knew each other for years. You knew who he was now and he talked the way he texted, which you were familiar with, but actually talking to him face to face was uncomfortable - especially because he was so good-looking. Baekhyun wasn't as good-looking as Kai, but he did have his charms. But there was another thing bothering you...

"You...you do know that I'm having an arranged marriage soon...right?" you said quietly, anticipating his response.

The corners of his lips turned down slightly at the mention of the marriage, but he maintained his pleasant expression and replied, "Yeah, you told me before."

"Yeah...umm...I don't really know if I can actually meet up with you often...Because of the marriaged and stuff with...Kai..." you trailed off, avoiding eye contact.

Why did you feel so guilty about this? It wasn't like you were in a relationship with him or anything...You just met him! Well, okay, maybe not just now, but telling him that you were going to get married to his cousin felt...weird.

Could it be that maybe, during the times that you were down and sad, that you sort-of fell for him? Attracted to him?

No way...could it?

You observed Baekhyun's face - he had small pink lips, small charming eyes, pointed nose, and a perfectly shaped oval face. He was wearing a bit of dark eyeliner which gave emphasis to his dark brown eyes. He definitely was handsome, a face that you could fall for. But you fell in love with Kai first...Did this affect any feelings that you had for Baekhyun? Did you have any feelings for Baekhyun?

You sighed. Baekhyun looked at you and could see your restlessness.

"You okay? Marriage too overwhelming for you?" Baekhyun asked, raising an eyebrow in a playful manner.

You nodded, but that wasn't everything on your mind...

"By the way, how old are you?" you asked.

"I'm 19, so I'm like, what, 3 years older than you?" he guessed.

You smiled. "Yup. I guess I have to call you 'oppa' from now on?"

He gave you a sly smile. "Hey, you're making me blush. Ha ha, yes you do. Say it now."

You were taken aback by his sudden request, but his eyes looked so puppylike, begging you to say it for him.

"Uh...Baekhyun oppa..." you said quietly.

You both squealed and cringed, fingers and toes curled up. After realizing that you both did the same actions, you both laughed like crazy.

*So we even think alike too...* you thought in amazement.

You didn't even realize that the ferris wheel ride was over, and Baekhyun gestured his hand to the way out.

"After you," he grinned.

You smiled and curtsied. "Why, thank you."

After getting off the ride, the sun had completely set, the sky midnight black and bright stars scattered across the sky.

You walked together with Baekhyun is calm, comfortable silence. It was quiet except for a chorus of crickets chirping into the night.

He dropped you off at the front of your house.

You turned to face him, about to thank him for the great night, but his sudden movement surprised you.

Baekhyun leaned down and gave you a light kiss on the forehead and interlaced his fingers into yours, your hand fitting right into his. His warm hand sent electric shocks down your arm, shocked by the soft touch of his hands. Baekhyun lightly squeezed your hand and let go, your hand feeling cold and empty again. You gaped a little, shocked because of the sudden skinship he had with you and the meaning behind the actions. Only people in love did these things, so did that mean Baekhyun liked you? And did this mean you liked him? The electric shocks from his hand didn't happen for no reason - they meant something.

"Goodnight," he whispered, and he turned around and walked down the street, the moonlight shining his way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once you got inside and changed into your pajamas at 9:30PM, you sat down at your messy desk and started to sketch furiously. When you finished, you smiled at your work with satisfaction.

The scenery you decided to draw for art class was the ferris wheel at night, the cresent moon bright in the sky and two people sitting across each other in one of the cars.

Perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OMG I'm sooooooo sorry I haven't updated in foreverrrrrrr TT.TT I don't deserve your love for this story... /forever crying/

anyway, to the story - YAY so the person is Baekhyun! :D like, WOAH in the last part where he kissed her forehead!!! :O i actually fangirled while writing that scene LOL (I have no lifee.....) xD

SOOO - is sukyung falling for baekhyunnie?? or will she just think of him as a friend? you can't control your feelings for someone, but what will happen next? >:)

AND ALSO: IMPORTANT!!

I'm so sorry to all the subscribers but I didn't realize until now that I accidentally pressed the "disable comments" button for this story! I'm SO sorry for the inconvenience it caused ><;; /bows/ I opened up the comments section again so you should be able to leave comments again :D

Hope y'all keep looking forward to more updates and enjoy the story as it unfolds! ^^ thank you my 178 subscribers! I love each and every single one of you!! :)

(Comments and Subscriptions are <3'ed!!!!)

-supergirl14