Chapter 8.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

“So… how is Seoul so far?” Kyungsoo started off, sipping his coffee and eyes cheerfully gazing at Yixing who struck off a smile with dimples showing at the side. After the concert, Sehun had decided he was hungry so here they were at the cosy café with Yixing who Jongin had invited.

“Fantastic! I came here five years ago; it is still the same as before thankfully.” Yixing replied eating his strawberry tart.

“Told you not to worry about meeting my friends, they are awesome! Apart from Sehun.” Jongin teasingly nudged the latter’s shoulder, grinning at the scowl sent his way by the maknae.

“Yah! Kim Jongin!” Sehun spluttered, glaring at his friend who just stuck his tongue in response.

“Finally met someone Chinese apart from Kris and Tao. You are Chinese right?” Luhan eagerly asked the younger who meekly nodded. Yixing had thought he was the hyung when he first saw his fellow Chinese hyung. With that baby face, anyone would though.

“How old are you Yixing?” Sehun said, lying back on the seat in the cafe casually whilst his arm wrapped around Luhan’s shoulder.

“7th October 1993 so umm… nineteen?” Yixing confusedly asked himself, counting his age. He wasn’t used to keeping up with this kind of information. Least to say, he wasn’t the brainiest of the group.

“You’re the same year as Kyungsoo then!” Jongin clasped his hands in glee before sighing, “But he is born in January so that’s make him the hyung okay?”

“Okay!” Yixing nodded, his mouth filled with cake.

“Yah! Why do I feel so old? Twenty One is not old right Sehun?” Luhan pouted staring sadly at the cup of tea.

Kyungsoo, Tao and Yixing were nineteen; Jongin and Sehun were eighteen. Even Joonmyeon turned out to be twenty along with Chen, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

“No you are not old! You have Kris and Xiumin right? They are twenty one as well!” Sehun exclaimed trying to assure his boyfriend was not old.

“I guess you’re right.”

“To make you feel better, I thought I was the hyung when I first met you.” Yixing responded earning laughter from round the table.

“What’s so funny?”

“The way you said it. It just sounded so innocent!” Kyungsoo chuckled only to receive a blank look from the latter.

“We should introduce you to our other seven friends; Joonmyeon, Xiumin, Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao and Kris! But I feel you will get scarred by Tao’s obsession with Gucci and Baekhyun’s diva attitude and Chanyeol’s plain craziness.” Luhan muttered, thinking about the high-on-crack couple and what they could be doing on in their honeymoon.

Lucky bastards.

Yixing just smiled (a bit forcefully in Luhan's mind), finishing the rest of his cake –oh how he love cakes- and patting his stomach. He looked over quizzically at the two maknaes who were fighting.

“Yeah give me some of your strawberries, you fat .” Sehun hissed, trying to grab the strawberries on Jongin’s plate whilst the latter protect it with all his might.

“Not my babies!”

“Give me!”

“Never!” Jongin shouted, earning some strange look from the people around them.

“Shut the up!” Luhan angrily shouted grabbing the plate of Jongin and stuffing it in his mouth.

“No! My babies!” Jongin dramatically whispered staring at the empty plate.

“Are they always this crazy?” Yixing asked Kyungsoo who only looked like the normal one drinking his coffee silently and looking amusedly at the three fighting.

“Pretty much. But Yixing?”

“Yeah?”

“They are the normal ones if you compare them to the whole group of friends.”

Oh god.”


“Joonmyeon!” The latter looked up seeing a strand of fluffy black hair with a cheerful face on.

“Heya sweetcheeks.” Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks out in anger, slapping Joonmyeon’s shoulder at the mention of his nickname.

“You should have stayed yesterday, ! You missed meeting a new friend!” Kyungsoo muttered glaring his eyes at Joonmyeon.

“Sorry, something pop up.” Joonmyeon replied, his back facing Kyungsoo as the former continue to clean the cups and plates.

“Never mind but you did miss a free treat in the café!” Kyungsoo teasingly said, sticking his tongue at the older.

“Oh really, how about we go to the café alone and get the treat I miss.” Joonmyeon suggested wiggling his eyebrows.

“You just want free cake.” Joonmyeon face-palmed at the younger’s mistaken interpretation; he figured Kyungsoo wasn't the brightest kid when it came to love.

“Are you free today? I am inviting everyone to a dinner!” Kyungsoo continued asking expectantly; the older turned around contemplating what to say; he couldn’t possible say no to Kyungsoo’s pouting face, right?

“You can also meet my new friend there!” Joonmyeon tried not to sigh before speaking up, putting the cutlery away aimlessly.

“Sorry, I can’t today. I made important plans, maybe next time?” Kyungsoo raise a brow, it was weird. The response was different from what he planned up. Joonmyeon normally would have said yes quickly, anything to meet up with the latter and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel quite… disappointed.

“Oh… that’s okay…” Kyungsoo trailed, watching the plate he was serving rather than the person who just rejected his offer.

“I’ll make it up to you one day sweetcheeks.” Joonmyeon winked ruffling Kyungsoo’s hair, it didn’t failed to cheer Kyungsoo’s feelings as the younger punched Joonmyeon in the stomach.

“You better.”

“Is that a date I hear?” Joonmyeon sing-song grinning when Kyungsoo began to splutter.

“No, making it up to me has nothing to do with a date!” Kyungsoo shouted.

“Whose having a date?” Xiumin popped up eyeing the two curiosly.

“No one!” Kyungsoo shouted glaring at Xiumin.

“Keep your hair own, sheesh. I was only asking!”

“I am going now, have to prepare food for the wild beasts that’s going to arrive. Sad Baekhyun and Chanyeol can’t make it.” Kyungsoo pouted for the second time and it took all of Joonmyeon will power not to pinch his cheeks.

“Bye! I swear I’ll make it up to you.”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever.” Kyungsoo waved off eager to get on with his cooking.


“That’s the last batch.” Kyungsoo said to himself counting the cupcakes that stood still on the counter, “Twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine and thirty!”

“What are you counting?” Luhan asked sniffing the delicious scent that wafted through the house. He couldn’t wait for the other five to arrive; if there was one thing he loves apart from Sehun, it was food.

“The cupcakes! I finally finish cooking: the kimbap, some kimchi, rice cakes, samgyeopsal, more grilled meat, Japchae, baozi and not forgetting… kimchi spaghetti!”

“Phew! I thought you forgot about kimchi spaghetti for a minute.” Luhan breathed out, no one can make better kimchi spaghetti than Kyungsoo.

He was the king, no the god, no the creator of Kimchi Spaghetti. Well… in Luhan’s opinion that is.

“I made cupcakes and some bon bon chocolates for dessert and yes Luhan I made enough for all of you; I made fifty bon bon chocolates.”

“Psh, I was never going to ask that.”

Sure.” Kyungsoo sarcastically commented only to receive a whack from Luhan playfully.

“Guys! Yixing’s here!” Sehun shouted from the living room as the two rushed out to meet their new friend.

“Yixing!” The boy looked up with his dimple smile waving them before getting crush in a hug by the two.

“Let go of him you two, he’s going to die.” Jongin bluntly stated forcing the two to separate from Yixing who was red and breathless.

“I brought you some yixing cup as a gift.” Yixing chuckled handing in the box wrapped with unicorn. Kyungsoo opened it to find a set of yixing cups sent from China; laughing at the pun made by Yixing.

“Oh… I get it now. Your name is Yixing so you brought these because these cups have the same name.” Sehun explained nodding to himself.

“No , Sherlock.” Jongin commented setting the cups aside.

“What, I have a slow response skill.”

“You just figure that out now?”

“Shut up, dark boy.”

“Hey, you shut up maknae. He’s pale!” Kyungsoo defended narrowing his eyes at Sehun.

“Have you gone blind?” Sehun and Luhan both exclaimed pointing at the grinning Jongin who was happy he was backed up.

“No, you have cause he is pale like you and me!”

“He isn’t, he is the most tanned boy I have seen!” Sehun spluttered not liking that fact Jongin was grinning like a maniac.

“He isn’t, I have seen tanner.”

“But he is the most tanned amongst us!” Luhan argued back.

“No, it’s the lighting that makes him look more tanned.” Kyungsoo excused huffing in anger. Luhan and Sehun just gave Kyungsoo ‘are-you-ing-serious’ look before dismissing it (it’s not because there was food involed, cooked by Kyungsoo. Really, it wasn’t)

“Guys, someone is bashing your door.” Yixing informed and sure enough; there was thudding sounds on the door as Kyungsoo rushed to it, before it fell down.

“I am coming, !”

“Hurry up then!” A deep voice shock through; an angry dragon revealing once Kyungsoo opened the battered door.

“Happy?”

“No, I was knocking the door for five ing minutes only to be rewarded by something about tan and lighting.” Tao spite, crossing his arms and scorning at the four friends and one stranger.

“Never mind, just come in.” Kyungsoo shook his head making way for the two devils couple to come through.

“Kris?” A timid voice spoke in surprise alerting Kris because never in his life did he hear any of the four talking quietly. The quietest they tried to get ended up being kicked out of the library. He swivelled around to see a familiar face before realization soaked in.

“Yixing?!”

“Oh my god, it’s you Kris!”

“You two know each other?” Tao asked up, eyeing Yixing.

“Yeah, we used to go to the same school before.” Yixing spoke. “It’s nice to meet you,Tao? Kris told me about you.”

“How?”

“He had a crush on you since we were fourteen and always gushed about you.”

Oh really?” Tao smiled at the new information, giggling at the red face Kris had on.

“Yixing, you weren’t supposed to tell him that.”

“Did I say something wrong?” Yixing confusedly asked making the others laugh at his unknown intention.

“Great, it’s not even five minutes and this already became one of the worst days in my life.” Kris spoke, his voice muffled by his hands which were covering his face.

“Open the door!” Someone interrupted their teasing towards Kris making Kyungsoo rushed to the door knowing it was his last guest, Xiumin and his boyfriend.

“I got it Xiumin hyung!” Kyungsoo shouted opening the door.

“I brought my boyfriend along like I said. You met him once right?” Xiumin greeted, pulling his awkward boyfriend along.

“Chen!” Kyungsoo yelped. The latter smiled waving entering Kyungsoo’s living room.

“Now we got everyone, you guys chat by yourselves while I get the snacks first!”

“Let me help!” Jongin said, following Kyungsoo into the kitchen.

“Okay… is it just me or are those two going out?” Chen quizzically asked, earning chuckles from round the room.

“Not yet.” Sehun and Luhan chorused together, smirking in unison.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the two who had no clue they were the topic discussed in the living room; they were busy trying to carry the food.

“Have you got the rice cakes?”

“Yeah.” Jongin replied setting the rick cakes down on the food tray.

“Let me just get the bon bon chocolates.” Kyungsoo said walking towards the bowl unaware of water that was spilled when Luhan and he had rushed to greet Yixing.

“Watch for th-” Jongin advised quickly rushing when the older failed to listen. He grabbed Kyungsoo by the waist attempting to hauled them both but it was too late as the two toppled over the floor, Kyungsoo saved by Jongin’s back as the two landed on each other; Kyungsoo on top.

“Oh my god, I am so sorry!”

“It’s okay…” Jongin growled at the pain in his back. The two turned to face each other finally realizing the awkward position they were in, their faces only an inch apart. If someone was to come in, they would have thought those two were making out.

and that’s exactly what happened.

“Guys, what’s taking you so… oh.” Luhan walked in, observing the scene before pulling of the most erted face Kyungsoo has seen.

“It’s not what it looks like?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll leave you to your smooching.” Luhan tittered like a fangirl, spazzing at the scene.

“We weren’t smooching!”

“What are you guys fightin-” The other six intruded much to Kyungsoo and Jongin’s dismay, giggling at the lewd position and making the same face Luhan was making, excluding Yixing who was just plain confused.

“Guys?”

“Yeah?” They chorused.

“You have the sickest ing minds ever.”

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Sorry for the imense delay in updating~ My exams were going on but I have got two weeks off so I am hoping to get two chapters in before school starts! 

But anywho, I hope you enjoy this chapter and next will probably have a meeting of Suho and Lay. Look forward to it!

Please also upvote my clicking the arrow in the foreword!