Chapter 19.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

Jongin left five months ago; five months of forgetting that he never had parents that supported him. Truth to be told; they despise it, disowning him when he rebelled which made him stand where he was but he wouldn’t change it for the whole world.

no.

He was living his dreams of being able to learn about dance and meet new friends that gave more than his dad will ever give him. Maybe he found the love of his life as well but he wasn’t going to admit that now.

His dad was nothing but a bully his whole life making him learn business for his own selfish company. Jongin didn’t want to but who can really go against their parents when they are fifteen years old? But meeting Luhan and Sehun as well as plenty of others but most importantly, Kyungsoo; he knew he made the right choice. He knew by the talk he had with Kyungsoo that he should be strong, not letting the moron of his dad say anything that might affect him.

But he felt like a coward when that confidence came tumbling down when he face the bully of his life; his own dad.

“What do you want, Mr. Kim?” Jongin asked with gritted teeth showing his best confident face. Though, he didn’t like talking with his dad; he didn’t want to talk with his dad and hell no; he knew where it will lead to if he did talk with his dad.

“Just going around and I happen to face against by own useless son.”

“Do not call me son, Mr. Kim. I am nothing to you but a mere past acquaintance.” Kyungsoo felt proud his Jongin was standing up to himself.

And no; he doesn’t want to admit he just said ‘his’ Jongin.

“No matter what; you are useless bastard that I have grown to despise.” Jongin’s dad hissed, clearing showing the distaste he had for Jongin.

Jongin was supposed to be in the company by now; looking after half his company, managing half his profit and in most, being his son. But no; he had that dream that stopped him. A dream his dad find utterly useless and idiotic.

“No matter what; you are a useless dad that I have grown to hate and forget.” Jongin retorted, spitting a little at what used to be his loving dad. But what do you know; fame and greed changed him into a monster.

A cruel monster Jongin once loved.

Once.

“Please stop talking and carry on with your business, Mr. Kim.” Kyungsoo tried to interrupt, not liking the smirking gaze Jongin’s dad had over his son. Mr.Kim turned too looked at Kyungsoo, chuckling with no humour and pointing at Kyungsoo as he turned to Jongin.

“So what have you got here? A gay ? I should have expected that from you.”

Luhan’s and Tao’s hand gripped Kris’s and Sehun’s respectively whilst Luhan gave a warning glare at Joonmyeon not to interrupt. Knowing Sehun, Joonmyeon and Kris; they would be irrational and probably punch Jongin’s dad.

And as much as Luhan and Tao themselves would like to; this wasn’t their party therefore ruining it would probably break their friendship with Yixing.

Kris cursed under his breath; Sehun glaring holes at Jongin’s dad by now. He knew Jongin’s parents were always rude and everything his parents were not but he didn’t expect Jongin’s dad to be such a hypocrite bastard. He especially hated the fact that the man had used ‘’ to associate gay because it was not wrong.

ing wrong.

One that they should nickname in their opinion was Jongin’s dad.

“Do not call Kyungsoo hyung a gay , Mr.Kim. If you had a dictionary right now, I suggest you look it up because gay does not ing define . A ’s definition would be you, Mr.Kim.” Jongin was beyond furious; to be insulted by your own dad was worse but to insult his Kyungsoo?

And again, he doesn’t admit he just said ‘his’ Kyungsoo.

“What did you say, you son of a ?” His dad whispered in fury. Oh, so his dad decide to pull out his jade’s trick?

Now, that was another topic Jongin rather not talk about.

Jongin knew that he was only here because his dad and mum was an affair to each other, a stupid thing they had done that produce Jongin and let him suffered from the wrath of his dad who although single-handedly raise him up; all for the purpose of his company’s business.

Of course; his mum fled away, always did from any problem she faced. She ran away from loving Jongin’s dad, she ran away from taking care of a baby, she ran away from every damn problem Jongin could think of.

So if there was anyone Jongin thought was crueller than his dad, it would be his own mum.

Ironic, Jongin would say.

“I think you should get your ears checked. Didn’t you hear what I said the first time?” Jongin whispered back, an earshot away from the others since they can’t know about Jongin parent’s relationship.

As much as Jongin hates his dad, he does not want the company’s reputation that his dad put his sweat into degrade just because of this scandal.

“Shut up, you piece of . In all these years, I wasted by time raising a useless like you. I didn’t know why I even bothered. You’re just like your mum, a coward, someone who runs away from every problem and someone who hangs onto fantasy. You do know you are never going to be a ing professional dancer? That just your dream and one day you will have to wake up to the cruel reality that you are only going to have a ty career to go by.” His dad dragged him away from his friends, whispering to Jongin as he did so.

But Jongin wasn’t having it, not after what his dad said to Kyungsoo.

“I am not going to have a ty career dad. I am going to be a dancer because as long as I kept hold of my dreams, I have as much as chance as the guy next door to achieve it. What have you achieve apart from being lonely and prideful. Nothing, zilch. You don’t have anyone to love or be loved by and you know what? Inside all that manly pride you got, you are nothing more than a coward yourself that bask in attention. At least, I have friends who care. Do you even know what that word means, Mr. Kim or is it not in your dictionary anymore?” Jongin shoved his arms away from his dad, turning away to walk towards his friends who stare in worry and care.

Something his dad will never have for him.

“Why you little-”

“Is there anything wrong, Mr Kim?” A familiar voice interrupted the two, the dimple smile Jongin usually see set in a straight line and a taller man beside her, gazing at Jongin as if to ask what happened.

“Nothing, I was just wondering why you would bring this rascal to your party.”

“Well, Mr.Kim, Jongin is invited personally to the party in mine and Yixing, our son’s will. Perhaps you should ask a person his or her name before calling them rascal. It is deemed rude and I do not tolerate that kind of behaviour. Got it, Mr.Kim?” Yixing’s mum informed with a loud and clear voice, garnering the attention of the people around them.

“Yes, I assure you things will go smoothly from now on.” Jongin’s dad hurriedly spoke; Kyungsoo figured the older man didn’t like catching people attention due to whatever business Jongin’s dad did.

“To assure this won’t happen again, please do not come near Jongin or anyone of them and please strictly stay in the northern wing.” Yixing’s dad, instructed watching carefully as the said man went away, trying to stay as proud as possible.

“Jongin honey, are you alright?” Yixing’s mother soothed Jongin’s back once his dad was gone, her voice dripped with care and warmth. It made Jongin envied how Yixing could have these amazing parents whilst he got the worse end of the stick; left to deal with a runaway mum and a selfish dad.

One thing he still didn’t like and couldn’t get rid of was how Kyungsoo was called a and he couldn’t do nothing; no punches or kicks or even shouts to show his dad Kyungsoo was anything but a or any negative words thought of.

“I’m alright, Mrs. Zhang. Sorry for the troubles caused.” Jongin murmured suddenly embarrassed of the scene they might have caused.

“If anyone should be saying sorry, it is that man, Mr. Kim. I don’t know why my secretary even invited that fellow.” Yixing’s dad huffed, ruffling Jongin’s hair before heading away with his wife.

“If this wasn’t a business party, my hand would be connected to that bastard’s face by now. How dare he say those things? Wait till I meet him again outside, his face will be ing reconstructed.” Sehun started too babbled on, obviously angry. The scene was over and people had gone back to the things they were doing. With the loud music on, the group was talking as they wish and in this case; dissing Jongin’s dad.

Not that Jongin minded.

“Count me in; I would break his limbs and what not. He dare say Kyungsoo is a .”

Jongin stopped midway from listening to his friend’s conversation.  That sentence struck Jongin like a bullet. He just let his dad say Kyungsoo was a and he didn’t do anything. He could have stopped it, could have done something but no; he stood there like a coward. That made him guilty and more so; upset. What kind of friend was he?

Silently slipping away, Jongin headed out the house and into the garden where there were far less people hanging about. Sipping his cocktail, he looked at the gardening work but his mind lingered onto what his dad had said, Kyungsoo was a .

Kyungsoo was a .

He just let his dad said it. It haunted him like a disease; why couldn’t he stopped it? Was he afraid? Was he a coward.

Yes, in Jongin’s opinion, he himself was a coward.

“Jongin-ah?” And there went his emotional train wreck. Facing up, Jongin was met with Kyungsoo’s doe like eyes filled with compassion and something else he wasn’t sure of. But the thing was, he let his dad say to this most beautiful human being that he was a .

Well done Jongin, well done.’ Jongin bitterly thought effectively ignoring the owl beside him.

“Jongin?”

“What?” He didn’t know why he was being rude; he just didn’t like facing Kyungsoo right now. He didn’t want to look into Kyungsoo’s eyes and see his reflection.

His ing cowardly reflection.

“Um… it’s going to be okay…” Kyungsoo trailed off albeit a bit surprised from Jongin’s cold form.

“Yeah, because it’s not happening to you.” Jongin wanted to stopped his voice from speaking; he wanted to tell something else to Kyungsoo, something nicer.

“S-Sorry, but just remember that what your dad said was wrong so don’t blame yourself for it, okay?”

“Look, I don’t blame myself okay so stop saying I do. Why can’t you understand that in that brain of yours? I don’t understand why you’re here, out of all people. Go back to your friends and please. Leave me alone. I don’t want you here nor did I want you when you tried to defend me because I can stand up for myself. I don’t need you.”

“You can stand-”

“Please. Just shut up and leave Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin couldn’t stop speaking the words that were spilling out of his mouth. He wanted to stop, he wanted to tell Kyungsoo what he said wasn’t ing true but what was he?

A coward who just watched as Kyungsoo went away.

“Why am I such a stupid ing idiot.” He muttered to himself unaware of a couple that stood there that observing the whole scene that took place.

“Kim Jongin?” A voice called out from behind him, a voice with a strong lisp Jongin could identify anywhere.

“What, Oh Sehun?”

“I only got five words for you; you ed it up bad.”

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

oh and THANK YOU FOR ALL THE NEW SUBBIES AND COMMENTERS! I LOVE YOU

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~