Chapter 28.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

Jongin was sulking, and no; he wasn’t pouting. Oh that would have been fine for Kyungsoo, he was full out glaring. Glaring here and glaring over there and if looks could kill, the whole of Seoul would die but…

Kyungsoo was also one innocent child who didn’t know when not to interfere so doing what he does best; he interfered.

“Jongin, what’s wrong?” Jongin turned around, softening his glare when he saw who it was, he really couldn’t stay mad at the older, considering the older was cute in that hoodie of his and plus; it wasn’t his fault that Joonmyeon kept pestering Kyungsoo. It was only a matter of time before Kyungsoo would have to replicate his feelings to that bastard.

“Nothing, just wondering how you can be in lo-oh .” Before Jongin could even babble out his inner feelings and turmoil, he shutted himself up with a piece of bread, chewing it and smiling at Kyungsoo who nervously smiled back, weird out by Jongin’s sudden change in behaviour.

Sehun on the other side of the table only shook his head in annoyance, also baffled by Jongin’s oddness, “I always thought, hell, I knew you were weird, but not this weird.”

“Shut up, Oh Sehun.” Jongin narrowed his eyes, gulping down the bread he swallowed and simply smiling at Kyungsoo who didn’t know whether to be creep out or cheerful that Jongin was talking to him again. Luhan shook his head, still rolling his eyes at the two’s stupidity and he wondered when the two would see each other as lovers rather than being miserable or in Jongin’s case, weird.

Kyungsoo took their plates to the sink, scrubbing the plates whilst engaging in the three’s conversation.

“What has gotten into you, Jongin?” Luhan shouted, grabbing Jongin’s shoulder and violently shaking the younger. Jongin gritted his teeth, the world spinning around him because of the certain deer’s strong hold inside those small arms of his.

Pushing Luhan towards Sehun, Jongin ignored Luhan's question, heading toward Kyungsoo who was amusedly listening to the two’s bickering. “When are you going to confess?”

The plate Kyungsoo was scrubbing fell down the sink in a loud clatter, jolting his head towards Jongin who only grinned in return, “You love Joonmyeon-hyung don’t you?”

Cue the couple who was pulling each other’s hair in utmost frustration.

“W-W-What?”

“Don’t lie to me; I heard you liked him when you were drunk.” Jongin continued joked though his heart felt anything but happy at the thought of Kyungsoo being in another guy’s arms. He didn’t know why but he wanted to be the person who would carry Kyungsoo and do other things that Jongin didn’t like thinking of since he now never will have any chance anyway.

Kyungsoo blinked once, twice before giving a weary smile towards Jongin, “Yeah, ha ha, you got me.”

“Confess then!” Jongin wanted to tell the opposite though, tell Kyungsoo not to go to the bastard. He had Yixing, why would he need Kyungsoo, that greedy pig.

Sighing, Kyungsoo looked at the sink, silent for a while before replying, “I-I am thinking a-about it.”

It was like Jongin could feel his grave yard digging by itself and he didn’t like it at all. Nope. He hated it in fact but if Kyungsoo like Joonmyeon…then…Jongin would do anything to make Kyungsoo’s wishes come true.

“I  need to sleep, busy day tomorrow.” Kyungsoo excused himself drying his hands before fleeing off, Jongin escaping the kitchen only minutes later, his face dropped with an unreadable expression but Luhan could see the sadness in the other’s eyes and it pitied him that they both were as dense as a rock.

“I really wish for them to be together though.” Luhan muttered. He knew, he just knew the two were meant for each other yet he did also know that the two had never been in a serious relationship before, let alone with a boy so it was understandable but it still perplexed him that the two were coming into three months of loving each other without realising it.

Sehun shrugged because he knew that the two will get together, it was his gut feeling and as far as he was concerned, his gut feeling was always right. He hugged Luhan’s waist, kissing the other’s temple mumbling comforting words to the other, “Don’t worry, they will be together.”

Luhan only nodded, rolling his eyes at the statement his lover made afterwards, “Plus…isn’t this like a live Korean drama you can watch without having to pay?”

“I am a boyfriend of an idiot.”

“You still love me.”

Luhan merely grunted.

-

Yixing thought Jongin would return to normal or at least be a bit more laid back and peaceful but this was not what he was asking for. This Jongin was depressed, miserable and there was still bags under his eyes at Yixing could see even after all the bb cream Jongin had used.

“Are you okay, Jongin?”

“No.” Jongin bluntly stated, drawing circle on the floor with his hands, sighing and whining making the older worry all the more. Placing his hands on Jongin’s shoulder, he ruffled the younger’s hair.

“What’s the problem then?” Yixing asked with concern, hoping Jongin would not give him another detail about how remotely depressed he is because Yixing was already bore out listening to Jongin droned on and on for the past hour, he didn’t wanted to relish that hell again.

Looking side way to Yixing, he asked with curiosity, “What would you do if you loved someone but the person loved another?”

Yixing was momentarily stunned, the far away memories trying to crawl back and it took all his effort to pushed them back, concentrating on Jongin and not remember those memories that were not too fond to him. “I would do what makes the person happy. At the end of the day, if that person loves another, there is nothing I could do to stop it.”

Jongin nodded in agreement and down casting his eyes solemnly, exhaling in bitter disappointment, “I guess you are right.”

“Why did you ask though?” Yixing enquired back, curious at Jongin’s weird question since it was not every day that the younger would asked love related questions like this to him.

Shrugging Jongin went back to dancing, the only comfort he could find and he practised his routine over and over letting Yixing rest a bit who was looking at Jongin, glazing with worry when the younger was exerting the dance moves with so much ease but at the same time, Yixing could see the sadness that should not be there since it was a strong and powerful song, not a sad ballad. The older coule only hoped Jongin would figure out his problem by the time the exam comes since he knew the emotions needed to be spot on and right now…Jongin was just looking miserable.

“Jongin you should rest a bit.” Yixing concernedly stated after five songs Jongin seemed to danced non-stop to. When the younger didn’t reply, Yixing sighed exasperatedly, gripping Jongin by the shoulder and stopping the music player with his feet and leading the younger towards the chair, forcing him to sit on it.

“What is the problem, Jongin? If you don’t tell anyone, we can’t help you.” Crouching down on the floor and looking up to Jongin who was seated on the chair, Yixing patted Jongin’s head which was damp with sweat, irregular breaths emitted from the younger.

Jongin spoke after gulping down the bottle of cold water, “Kim Joonmyeon.”

Yixing was confused, Joonmyeon? What did he do to Jongin? “He’s coming in about five minutes. You should be more forward, Jongin. Be honest with yourself.” But Jongin could only hear 'Joonmyeon' and 'coming' in the same sentence, mentally cringing at facing Kyungsoo's crush.

Great.

Joonmyeon was coming much to Jongin’s displeasure. He didn’t want to meet the love of Kyungsoo’s life. Jongin didn’t think he could handle the fact that the short guy was the person Kyungsoo likes.  With the younger deep in thought, Yixing just left the younger to be; whatever his problems with Joonmyeon could be would hopefully be solved when the older comes here to collect Yixing.

As if his thoughts were called, Yixing looked over at the door to see it swung open by a red mop of hair with a smiling face that scowled spotting at the state Jongin was in, “I see someone isn’t sleeping enough. You will get early wrinkles, Jongin.”

The voice Jongin despised so much made the younger’s blood boil, glaring up to look at Joonmyeon, “You are one lucky guy.”

Joonmyeon just stood, confused at what Jongin meant since he never was one for understanding meanings behind statements, “What?”

“Nothing.” Jongin scoffed, blasting the song again and blatantly ignoring Joonmyeon who stood implanted on the ground, trying to work out what Jongin meant. Glancing at Yixing, the younger shrugged.

Jongin preoccupied himself with another batch of song as Yixing filed out, not before whispering to Joonmyeon, “His problem is you. Work it out with him, hyung.”

Baffled, Joonmyeon could only watched Yixing exited the dance room, looking back and forth before breathing in and walking towards the younger who was now drenched with sweat and sending murderous looks towards the older.

“Jongin, what is the problem?” Joonmyeon straight-forwardly asked, he wasn’t the one to dwell on too long unlike Yixing who prefer a more laid back approach.

Jongin only narrowed his eyes, ignoring the older and it made Joonmyeon worried. Jongin didn’t like him; that much he knew but not too the extent where the younger would chose to ignore him. The worst that happened was curse words filling the air and Joonmyeon was not only worried since the younger was not saying a single word to him but he also was confused since he didn’t even had a ing clue why the younger was being like that.

“Nothing, it is not your ing fault that you are so damn lucky.” Joonmyeon exhaled frustratingly, forcing Jongin to look at him and Jongin resisted the urge to punch Joonmyeon on the face. Plus, Yixing also probably wouldn’t like it.

He spoke seriously, a voice Jongin didn’t thought would be in Joonmyeon considering how the older was a happy go lucky person, “I can’t solve this problem you have unless you are willing to explain why you are angry with me Jongin-ah.”

“Why,” Anger pent up in Jongin began spilling out, the younger shouting louder and louder as the words began tumbling form his mouth, “Why? It is because no matter what you do, at the end of the day, boys and girls come to worship you and beg you to be your boyfriend or girlfriend. You know why I am angry? Kyungsoo ing loves you but what? You haven’t even spared a glance towards him. I am angry because you haven’t shown an ounce of love towards the younger. I am angry because…you are one…lucky guy...”

Joonmyeon just looked up in surprise, his fists clenching tightly before the glare Jongin held for the older was met with an even scarier glare from Joonmyeon himself.

“You are one dumb , Jongin,” Jongin was about to retort when Suho continued, “Do you really think Kyungsoo loves me? Are you that ing stupid Jongin? Wait, you are because you actually thought Kyungsoo liked me?”

Jongin crossed his arms, ignoring Joonmyeon and it only was when the latter dragged Jongin out did he spluttered in restraint.

“Where are you taking me? Get off me!” Yixing silently followed in the back seat, having heard everything from behind the dancer room door and he rolled his eyes when Jongin chose to give silent treatment huddled in the corner.

“I said where are we going? We left my car behind!” Jongin spoke after a while of giving silence which none of the two gave a damn about.

“Your car can be collected later,” Jongin’s clicked his tongue in annoyance before widening his eyes at the next statement,

“We are going to Kyungsoo’s house.”

 


 

{♥ Author's Note}

I am so sorry for not updating last week. Something went wrong with my USB so I had it fixed before finally claiming my story again >.< but yeah...here you go.

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~