Chapter 4.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

“Work shifts over; you can go now, Kyungsoo!” Xiumin called out whipping the flour off his forehead.

“Okay.  Finally!” Kyungsoo sighed, exhausted from the busy morning they had.

“Want me to massage your back?” A creepy voice resonated sending the chills to Kyungsoo’s spine. And no, not the ‘oh-I-might-be-falling-in-love’ chills but rather the ‘there’s-a-killer-I’m-gonna-die’ shivers.

“You seriously should get consulted, Joonmyeon.” Kyungsoo clutched his heart trying to slower down the panic attack he had.

“Is my voice that creepy?” Joonmyeon casually asked, if Kyungsoo hadn’t met him, he would have thought this human would be okay to approach.

Look where that got him.

“Creepy would be an understatement.” Kyungsoo retorted hanging his apron and dusting the remaining flour scattered.

“Hey, you’re so mean! Call me something nicer, I called you sweetcheeks.” Joonmyeon whined, puffing his cheeks out.

“How many times must I tell you don’t ing call me sweetcheeks.” Kyungsoo answered back, glowering at the older.

“As many times I called you sweetcheeks?” Joonmyeon smirked waving and heading out the restaurant.

“Stupid idiot.” Kyungsoo muttered exiting the cosy restaurant and slipping in the car, rearing it up. Silently driving amongst the crispy fall of the afternoon, he drove towards the university figuring class might have just ended by now and Jongin might want a lift home.

“Kris, buy me Gucci!” A familiar voice alerted Kyungsoo and he saw through the rear view, Tao whining (surprise, surprise), clinging onto a battered Kris who had panda eye’s which almost looked identical to Tao. Almost.

“Yo.” Kyungsoo called out from the car, serving it to stop at a parking path.

“Hey, Kyungsoo!” Tao chirpily gleamed.

“What are you doing to poor Kris, Tao-ah?”

“He just ruined my new Gucci bag last week.”

“Kris, you wuss, you’re not supposed to give in to Tao’s demand.”

“Do you have in constantly up your face showing his aegyo all the time?” Kris raged in frustration.

“Why yes, if you count this guy called Joonmyeon then yes, I have met one that is really clingy.”

“I am not clingy!” Tao protested  pouting and stomping around like a kid.

“I am not clingy he said, Buy me Gucci he said.” Kyungsoo replied curtly, grinning at the scowling Tao.

“Whatever, guess what? I just found this totally hot guy for you.”

“I am straight!”

“Yeah, yeah, anyways,” Tao batted his hands away ignoring Kyungsoo’s constant remark of his uality, “He is cute and quite hot at the same time, but of course not as hot as Kris and he looked really good with you.”

“Where did-” Kyungsoo started bewildered at the pleading face Kris had and hands clasping together begging, “-you meet him? I would like to be friends.”

No, Oh god.” Kris breathed heavily resting his hands on his head. “Why did you even ask that?”

“How rude Kris. Well so I was happily walking alone since someone was at work (“How the was I meant to get out of work?”) and then this guy came along-”

“Was he the guy you’re talking about?”

“No. As I was saying, this guy came up and bumps into me and guesses what?”

“He was the guy you’re talking about?”

“No! He didn’t apologize, apologize!” Tao emphasized, his eyes going big and his arms waving about manically and Kyungsoo wondered how, how on earth did he became friends with Tao.

“Okay, so he didn’t apologize?”

“Yeah, so I went up to him and ask him for an apology but you know what he did, he swore and pushed me back? Me, the y awesome Tao!”

“Yes, how very modest of you Tao.”

“I couldn’t kick his since this was in the shopping mall. So… I pushed him and the puny had toppled back landing on his . Serves him right.”

“What is this got to do with the guy?”

“Hang on a minute.”

“More like an hour.” Kris commented from the side-lines, bringing his phone out and leaning on the shop’s window.

“After that, I kept walking and went to my favourite store-”

“Gucci?”

“Although I like Gucci (“You don’t like, you’re obsessed!”), I went to Abercombie and Fitch. There I met this really cute boy and guess who he turned out to be?”

“The guy?”

“No, no, no. He turned out to be a she. Talk about hairstyle, girl, that fringe need serious haircut.”

“When are we actually getting to the part where you meet the guy?”

“Not yet. I was shocked to see so I went out to see a guy lying on the floor?”

“He’s the guy?” Kyungsoo asked for the umpteenth time hoping this conversation would end. Jongin might have been waiting for him.

“I told you not yet. He was the guy I work with in my university! I chatted with him and I met with one of his friend who was-”

“Some guy who will bump into you again but turns out to be a friend who is a girl but dresses like a boy?”

“What are you talking about?” Tao stared weirdly at Kyungsoo, “It’s the guy I was talking about. He was hot, you should really meet him.”

“Oh, so now you mention him?”

“Yeah?”

“Did you get his number or anything?”

“Nope.”

“So basically you got nothing? Because of your pointless story, I’m late. I am going to go now and pretend this conversation never happened.” Kyungsoo hissed, starting his car again and driving off.

“Rude.” Tao huffed, “Kris, you are buying me two Gucci bags.”

“Kyungsoo, I am going to kill you.” Kris muttered, getting his broken wallet out.


“Jongin!” Shouting, the shorter stopped in front of the university watching as Jongin made his way there.

“Thanks for coming to get me!” Jongin said, slipping in next to Kyungsoo.

“Sorry I was late, had to stop and chat with a friend who went on and on.”

“Don’t worry; I went to the game store in the mall to get some games with one of my friend.”

“Thank goodness. But for being late, I’ll treat you to the festival thing going on in the park?”

“Why do you need to do something for being late?” Jongin asked, amused by Kyungsoo sudden offer.

“Actually I wanted to go to the festival…” Kyungsoo trailed off, guiltily staring at the road ahead.

“Oh then I’ll be happy to come!” Jongin grinned, showing thumbs up.

Kyungsoo nodded in acknowledgment trying to find a parking space because the festival and university was quite near. He found one near the end, where there was bird and rubbish lying around. ‘What a fantastic place left for me.’ Kyungsoo bitterly thought, parking it, cringing in disgust.

“Jongin, let’s go!” Kyungsoo said, getting out of his car.

“Can’t wait! First time going to a festival here!” Jongin excitedly babbled, talking fast-paced.

“I will make it your best festival day!” Kyungsoo promised, punching the air.

“Where do you want to go?”

“The coconut stand?” Kyungsoo questioned back staring at the donut plush. Oh how he wanted it.

“You just want the donut, don’t you?” Jongin teased strolling towards it.

“No…” Kyungsoo trailed off, knowing Jongin had already figured it out.

“Can we have a try in this?” Kyungsoo asked handing the money whilst the attender handed three balls.

Kyungsoo closed one eyes, aiming it and motioning it before throwing it. He threw another and the other but failed to knock off the coconut.

“This is a set-up.” Kyungsoo complained, not believing he missed a 3m distance.

“Let me try, hyung. It isn’t a set-up” Jongin laughed throwing the first ball, towards it and… missing it. Scrunching his face in pure concentration, he threw the two balls missing it both times.

“This is a set-up!” Jongin whined but stopped when another couple came and threw the balls dead on… all three times.

“Or we are just in it.” Kyungsoo dead-panned, heading towards the next stall.

“No, that couple was just sheer luck.” Jongin continued to argued, crossing his arms together.

They went to a fish stand next and it somehow reminded Kai of his friend’s brother, Donghae.

Funny guy he was but with a massive obsession with Nemo.

“Oh, I am ace at this!” Kyungsoo glee, already handing in the money and diving towards it. Kai looked back at the coconut stall and watched as the other couples managed to win and somehow, he wanted to as well. Badly.

“I will be right back, hyung.” Jongin whispered, chuckling at how cute his hyung looked crouching down and shooting his arms to capture the fishes.

Jongin ran to the coconut stall asking for another try, he tried aiming it this time but to his disappointment, he missed it. Another try. Another miss. Another try and Jongin was adamant this time.

He.Had.To.Win.

Thinking he was only with the coconut and no one else, he threw the ball with his best power and-

“Yes! In your face er! I won, I won! You lose!” Jongin cheered waving like a madman before stopping to realise the awkward situation. Having pairs of eyes staring at you isn’t really the best thing.

“…sorry.” Jongin mumbled, pointing at the donut and grabbing it before racing to Kyungsoo whose wide eyes was enough to tell the surprise.

“Hyung! I won! I won!” Jongin jumped, prancing around Kyungsoo, and then shyly handing it to him.

“Ahh, thank you so much!” Kyungsoo shrieked jumping together with Kai.

People would think they won the lottery by the amount of cheering that was radiating but no. They won a donut. A donut.

“I won the fish stall and looking through the prizes, I thought of you when I chose this!” Kyungsoo waffled on handing Jongin a puppy plush.

“For me?” Jongin disbelievingly stared at the plush, blushing lightly and taking the plush, hugging it, “I love it.”

Kyungsoo smiled wider, copying Jongin’s action and hugging his donut plush.

“Do you want to eat kimbap?” Kyungsoo asked spotting a food stall nearby.

“Quite hungry so yeah.” Jongin answered, hugging the plush with one hand.

“Two plates of kimbap please!” Kyungsoo ordered setting the money and sitting at the nearby bench.

“Thanks for the plush again.”

“Thank you for the plush too.” Kyungsoo beamed, looking away and suddenly feeling hotness surrounding his cheeks.

“You’re welcome!”

“Two plates of kimbap!” Kyungsoo hurriedly got up, handing one plate to Jongin who happily dug in.

“Slow down, Jongin. You are going to choke.” Kyungsoo scolded eating his food, maintaining his eyes on Jongin who slowed his pace down.

“Bot thas ari delaciaes!” Jongin spoke, his mouth filled with rice and seaweed.

“Talk after you finished swallowing, silly boy.” Kyungsoo laughed, finishing his plate.

“I said, but they are delicious!” Jongin repeated swallowing the kimpbap.

“Have you ever learnt to eat neatly?” Kyungsoo sighed, wiping the crumbs off Jongin’s face standing close to him and eyeing Jongin’s mouth with his doe like eyes.

“Awww, how cute!” Two girls commented passing by and cooing at them. Kyungsoo looked over skimming his cheeks with Jongin’s and blushing at the position. He quickly got off, both having blushes in their cheeks.

“Ummm… shall we go home now?” Kyungsoo awkwardly asked, eyeing the wall in the stall which suddenly looked ten times more interesting.

“…yeah…”

The two made their way out looking through anything apart from each other and coughing at random times to make the uncooperative atmosphere disappear.

“So… had a fun time?” Kyungsoo started off, hating how they weren’t talking to each other. Jongin getting the hint began to be his cheery self, clapping his hands together.

“Yeah, it was the best!”

“I’m glad.” Kyungsoo smiled radiantly, driving through the streets of Seoul. The sun was setting down and the whole city was in red.

“I love it when this happens.” Jongin complimented, looking at the redness of the glowing sun.

“Me too.” Kyungsoo inaudibly agreed, focusing on the road ahead but glancing at the horizon from time to time. It went silent but for Kyungsoo, it wasn’t like before. He quite liked this silence.

They got out the car and went to the apartment where Luhan was cuddling over to Sehun.

“Jongin-ah, you go to the bathroom first. I’ll come later.”

“Ok.” Jongin replied sauntering down to their shared room.

“And where were you?” Luhan enquired looking over the couch.

“Oh we went to a festival and played some games. We both gave each other plushies as well and we ate kimbap together!” Kyungsoo rambled on, enjoying the past moments together.

“So you went out alone, just the two of you to the blossom festival and gave each other plushies and ate kimpbap?” Sehun asked smirking.

“Yeah, why?”

“Looks like someone went on a date.” 

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Heya, Might have some english mistakes and Thanks for the 200+ subs! Thank you for reading this and I love ya!

Subscribe, Comment please! ^^