Chapter 7.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

Kyungsoo was sure things would go wonderful gay and happy (judging by the weather and the state Jongin was in) but his assumptions were always proven wrong.

Judging by the fact Joonmyeon had his hands on Kyungsoo’s face, caressing it and mentally eating it alive. Speaking of hands…

“Get your hands off my face!” Kyungsoo shouted slapping the latter’s hands away in fury only to receive a pout coming from someone older than him. Keyword, ‘older’.

“Why? Don’t you love me?”

“No.” Jongin replied for Kyungsoo who nodded eagerly; in return, Joonmyeon eyed taller male who intruded last time at the market as well. He wasn’t pleased, not even the slightest bit that his romance time (well to him anyways) with Kyungsoo was cut short when that brat came.

“I wasn’t asking you, brat.”

“Shut up, grandpa.”

“How dare you!” Joonmyeon screeched, gripping his face for dear life and poking his tongue at Jongin. “For your information, this face has melted thousands of females and males.”

“Information not needed.” Jongin curtly retorted smirking at the flushed face of Joonmyeon who looked ready to murder someone.

Except for Kyungsoo, he couldn’t do that to the cute dongsaeng.

“Hey Kyungsoo! I just came to asked you if you wanted to go to the dance festival in the university I used to attend!” Joonmyeon asked the wide-eyed Kyungsoo ignoring Jongin and thinking he is invisible. And probably… dead.

“You mean Seoul’s university one?”

“I wasn’t asking you, Jong.”

“I am dancing in that festival.”

“Do I look like I car- what?” Joonmyeon stared wildly at the grinning Jongin.

“I am dancing with a partner of mine!”

Joonmyeon thought for a while, smiling to himself before looking at Jongin, “Oh you can dance till your heart’s content, but do you, Kyungsoo, want to come with me and sit next to me whilst Jongin performs on stage? I promise I won’t be y!” Joonmyeon eagerly promised, ignoring the looks passer-byes were giving them.

Well, it’s not every day a person promises not to be y.

“…fine.” Kyungsoo sighed, he knew whether he agreed or not, Joonmyeon would find in at the festival and cling onto him like a Koala.

“Great! I’m late for work so see you, sweetcheeks!”

“Stop calling me that!”

“Bye sweetcheeks!” Joonmyeon blew a kiss jogging away from the two.

“Aish! I am going to kill him one day!” Kyungsoo muttered smiling a little at the goofy act Joonmyeon put up.

Jongin wasn’t happy when he saw Kyungsoo had that smile, the smile he found alluring, the smile he was giving at someone else. Namely someone who goes by the name of Joonmyeon.

“Let’s go before he comes back.” Jongin gruffly said, grabbing Kyungsoo’s hands and dragging him opposite from Joonmyeon.

“He isn’t that terrible, Jongin-ah.” Kyungsoo said chuckling at him and making Jongin’s heart skip a beat.

“I find him terrible and such a drama-queen.” Jongin mumbled inaudibly to Kyungsoo who was humming like a child. Kyungsoo didn’t know which was clingier, Jongin or Joonmyeon.

It was nearly noon by the time they got home by which Jongin was gripping onto Kyungsoo’s hand like it depended on it.

“Just say sorry to Sehun and he will too!” Kyungsoo assured, twisting the knob onto their apartment door.

“It will go okay right?”

“It will go fine as a rainbow.” Kyungsoo pushed open the door revealing Luhan with Sehun resting in his lap, sleeping.

“Oh you’re back! Sehun came back two hours ago.” Luhan informed turning back to the television, giving a soft smile at Jongin.

“He was quite sorry for the act he put on.” Luhan continued, his eyes facing the television, “especially after I showed him something and lectured him about it.”

“Thanks.” Jongin mumbled taking a deep breath and poking Sehun.

“Sehun-ah.” Sehun grumbled at the thing poking his shoulders, looking up at the tanned boy who was above him.

“Jongin?”

“IamsorryformybehaviourthismorningandIhopeyoucanforgiveme.”  Jongin rambled on, his eyes looking away from Sehun.

“WelIamsorryfornotconsideringyourfeelingsandteasingyouwhenIshouldn’thave.” Sehun apologized, rambling on and confusing both Luhan and Kyungsoo as too how they could understand each other.

“You both understand that?”

“Nope, but when someone is in this situation and rambles on, it probably means they are apologizing.” Sehun explained.

“Wow, such a logical theory.” Kyungsoo dead-panned sarcastically yet smiled at the two’s friends reunion.

“On a side note, me and Sehun are going to Jongin’s dance thing. You are coming right?”

“Yep, with Joonmyeon.” Jongin visibly glared at the hard wall at the mention of the name capturing Sehun’s attention and he could only laugh at the childish act Jongin seemed to put up.

“Is someone jealous?” Sehun whispered into Jongin’s ear, the other tensed and spluttering nonsense.

“No! Never!  I just don’t like him because he is too clingy.” Sehun rolled his eyes at the lame excuse.

“Yeah, you are too.”

“No, I am not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No, I am not!”

“What are you two whispering about?” Kyungsoo asked curiously.

“Nothing!” Jongin quickly replied… an octave higher.

“O-kay…” Kyungsoo raised a brow, walking up to the bedroom.

“We better sleep early for tomorrow, it’s the dance festival right?” Luhan instructed to the others, pushing Sehun into their room and waving good bye.

“Yep. Good night!” Jongin cheerfully said.

Tomorrow was going to be a good day.


“Holy .”

“This thing is ing massive.” Kyungsoo followed looking at the room around him filled with people.

“Told you the festival is big.” Sehun commented looking through the timetable of the performances. Jongin was up first much to Sehun’s delight. He never really liked these kinds of big festivals and thank god, Jongin was up since they could leave earlier. He wasn’t even going to come, but Luhan’s whine (and threats) resulted in him ending up here.

“I never knew it was going to be this big.” Luhan gasped, gaping over the sheer size.

Kyungsoo could only look widely at the endless distance the room seemed to go to. He scanned for the certain Joonmyeon, glancing for the short hyung. Joonmyeon said he was coming when Kyungsoo called him five minutes ago.

“Looking for me?” A voice whispered into Kyungsoo’s ear, making the latter jump in fright, turning around to see the mischievous eyes Joonmyeon held.

“You scared me, stupid.” Kyungsoo scolded lightly hitting the latter’s head. Luhan and Sehun gazed up to see the Joonmyeon guy Kyungsoo always seemed to be talking about.

“Competitor for Kyungsoo, ah?” Sehun mumbled to himself, smiling at why Jongin was jealous – even if the latter claimed he was not – Joonmyeon was short but he was handsome no doubt and he looked like a person he had seen before.

“Nice to meet you, Joonmyeon-sshi.” Sehun greeted politely at Joonmyeon who showed his happy eye-smile shaking their hands rapidly.

“Nice to meet you too, Sehun-sshi and Luhan-sshi right?” Joonmyeon said, looking at them warmly.

“You used to go here didn’t you? I swear I seen you somewhere.”

“Yep I used to go here, been three years since I left, Sehun-sshi.” Joonmyeon replied looking at Sehun closely.

“That’s why I saw you somewhere. I recognize you from when I first went here, you took acting?”

“Yep, you were in modelling class so I should think you take modelling? You grow so much taller and I can see why you took modelling.”

“Thank you! Yeah I take modelling.”

“Wait, if you went to the same university, how come you don’t know Jongin?” Kyungsoo wondered looking expectantly at Joonmyeon.

“Jongin only came a year later after Joonmyeon hyung graduated.” Sehun explained earning a nod from Joonmyeon.

“Come on you guys, the show is starting.” Luhan exclaimed, motioning his hands to come to the seats. The three went over to take their seats; the lights dimming and the noises decreasing gradually.

The curtain slowly opened revealing the two dancers, Kyungsoo gleed in happiness finding Jongin at one end, he was wearing a sliver jacket with a black top and jeans and he was just gleaming in charisma.

“They are going to be awesome.” Kyungsoo whispered to himself, imagining Jongin dancing. However his imagination cut short when he suddenly felt movement next to him abruptly; eyes widening when Joonmyeon stood up sharply and started to move away from his chair.

“Joonmyeon?”

“I got  to go.”

“What? Why?” Kyungsoo spoke louder capturing the attention of the other two, looking curiously as to why Joonmyeon was standing up.

“I just realised I had something important to do.” Joonmyeon spoke in a rush, exiting and waving bye.

“I’ll meet you tomorrow, okay sweetcheeks?”

“…okay.” Kyungsoo mumbled missing the comfort next to him before realising Joonmyeon just called him sweetcheeks.

“That stupid dork.” Kyungsoo chuckled quietly before seeing Luhan eyeing at him questionably.

“Where did Joonmyeon go?”

“He said he had something to do, must be important then.” Kyungsoo pondered; Joonmyeon wasn’t the type to back out and it had to be a good reason for him to just go away.

“Really? He seemed eager to get out of here.” Luhan commented watching the back of Joonmyeon disappear.

“I don’t think he wants to get out; maybe he had something really important.”

“Bu-” Luhan’s reply was interrupted when the music played, resonating in the room as the two dancers swiftly moved, elegantly dancing and doing short, fast moves at time but then slow and steady moves at other.

Saehayan light machim deo balgajin

Hoesaekbit sky yodongchimyeo gallajin

Du gaeui sigong ajigeun don’t know

Seolmyeonghal teumeun eobseo we gotta go go

Seodulleo seodulleo oneulman yeollineun pyeonghaengtongno 4dimensyeoneuro

The other dancer was good, Kyungsoo noted, both were great; in sync with each other and he couldn’t help but stare at the way those two moved. The two jumped grabbing both hands and doing some popping move. Then, the two ended in the final pose; both smirking at the yapping crowd that screamed over the two.

“They are awesome!” Luhan shouted once the performance was over pulling the two to move backstage. They rushed to it showing their backstage passes and travelling through the hallway to find Jongin.

“Yeah, did you see the move thing at the end?” Sehun exclaimed trying to imitate the move, flapping his arms and rolling his head.

“Fail.” Luhan said, shaking his head over the retardness his boyfriend showed.

“I just saw it for the first time, you can’t judge me.” Sehun grumbled defending his ‘move’.

“Guys!” Jongin shouted rushing over to them, sweat dripping down his face and gasping for breath, “Did you like the performance?”

“Hell yeah. You were spectacular! You partner was brilliant as well!” Kyungsoo admired, wiping Jongin’s sweat with his sleeve.

“Thanks! You should really meet him! Hyung, come here!” Jongin screamed at his partner as the latter came forward, shy and timid scrunching his back and bowing repeatedly.

“Hi, you were amazing! I am Kyungsoo, Jongin’s friend!” Kyungsoo cheerfully welcomed bowing back to the boy.

“Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Zhang Yixing.”

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Ayo Wassup~ Sorry for not updating over the past few days, school is starting and so are the exams and I hope you are happy with this update~ =D 

Lay is introduced and so... the drama will begin! kekeke~

Anyone knows the song they were dancing to?

Please, also upvote this by clicking the arrow thing at the foreword, I'll love you forever!