Chapter 3.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

It was midnight by the time the hyper couple left and Kyungsoo was glad to see the back of them. He really loved them but he rather talk to them outside. On a phone. In another country.

“I got the trash outside, hyung.” Jongin said walking through the door into the kitchen where Kyungsoo was currently cleaning the mess made in the kitchen.

“Thanks for the help, Jongin-ah.” Kyungsoo replied, cleaning the table. He was glad Jongin was his new roommate. Luhan and Sehun were too busy sleeping after getting wasted from 2 bottles of Soju much to Kyungsoo displeasure. Kyungsoo would have actually appreciated them more if they help but he thought after some contemplation; he rather clean alone than having two drunkards staggering around his kitchen.

“Anything more?” Jongin leaned on the kitchen table, waiting for any further instructions.

“Not really. Oh, one thing. I have to go to work tomorrow; do you want me to drive you to university?” Kyungsoo asked, shutting the final cupboard and getting two mugs out, the kettle boiling steadily.

“If that’s alright?” Jongin embarrassedly questioned back; Kyungsoo chuckled at Jongin awkwardness, pouring the hot water onto some hot chocolate powder.

“Sure, I found out Sehun goes to the same university?” Kyungsoo gave one of the mug to Jongin who happily took it sipping on the hot comfort of joy.

“Thanks, hyung. Yeah, Sehun does but he takes university classes at different days with mine.”

“Ah, that’s why I don’t really see you when I dropped Sehun off.”

“He takes modelling; I take dance so our timetable will definitely be different.”

Kyungsoo hummed before yawning drinking the last gulp of his hot chocolate.

“We better get to sleep; we both have to wake up early tomorrow.” Jongin yawned ending the discussions and heading towards their shared bedroom.

Kyungsoo followed closely by after cleaning the two mugs, closing the light and opening the one of their room. Jongin had already changed and was getting inside his bed, looking at Kyungsoo sleepily.

“I’ll just change quickly.” Kyungsoo assured, going to the bathroom to change. When he got out, Kyungsoo giggled at the cute face Jongin had on when he was sleeping. It was way better than the derp face Sehun had. Jongin actually looked like an… angel.

Kyungsoo got into his bed turning the light off into pitch darkness waiting for sleep to consume him.


The alarm screeched inside Kyungsoo’s ears abruptly waking him up from the deep slumber he was in. He shot his eyes wide open trying to remember the blissful dream he had. Something about a man, coming closer, about his age?

“ it.” Kyungsoo muttered, dismissing the dream and getting out of his bed lazily. Knowing he was the only one that was awake, he speeds away to the bathroom because wait longer and there will be hangover lovers puking in the bedroom.

Feeling kind-of fresh from washing, he decided to wake Jongin up. Shaking Jongin, he thought it would wake him up but somehow the next thing he knew was he was seeing the ceiling and something soft squeezing him.

“.” Kyungsoo swore for the second time this morning when he realised he was stuck beside Kai whilst the latter held on to him for dear life.

To make matters worse, Luhan, being one with the best control over his drink limit had to barge in with a cheery face which soon turned into a smirk looking at the lewd position Jongin and Kyungsoo was in.

“Had fun last night, Kyung?”

“It’s not what it looks like.” Kyungsoo defended trying to get away from Jongin’s grasp but he never knew Jongin had muscle and trying to get out was like trying to separate Sehun and Luhan. It was just impossible.

“Really?” Luhan continued to tease even though he knew Kyungsoo was just trapped judging by the clothes he was wearing and Jongin’s peaceful face. He just liked teasing the younger.

“Yeah, now please try to get him off me.” Kyungsoo pleaded struggling under Jongin’s grasp.

“And why should I?”

“I-I’ll buy you bubble tea.”

“Deal.” Luhan immediately replied, dragging Kyungsoo with much force out of Jongin’s arms effectively waking the latter up in the process too.

“What’s going on here?” Jongin asked drowsily, still sleepy from haven just woken up.

“You were Kyungsoo and I was stopping it.” Kyungsoo’s threw daggers at Luhan who skipped away cheerfully whilst Jongin sat there waiting for the words to sink in before thundering the house down, “WHAT!”

After calming down Jongin (or at least trying to), Kyungsoo finally managed to get out the room and go hunt for that brat of a deer.

“Luhan get your down here immediately.” Kyungsoo screamed down the hallway.

“Let it go, hyung. We are going to be late anyways.” Jongin calmly said placing his hands on the older’s shoulder slowly making Kyungsoo’s anger fade away.

“Fine, let’s go then. But if it weren’t for being late, Luhan would be dead by now.” Kyungsoo sighed strolling out the door and into the elevator.

“Whatever you say hyung.”

Going into the car, Kyungsoo drove to Sehun’s university. It was peaceful with the radio blasting out soft tunes and it just occurred to Kyungsoo a question. He hesitated before noting a question he had to ask.

“Jongin-ah, how did you get to go to university? As far as I know, didn’t your parent kick you out?”

“Dance scholarship.”

“Ahh.” Kyungsoo nodded understanding the situation.

“Well here it is, Seoul University.” Kyungsoo continued looking at the big academy in front of him.

“Have fun.” Kyungsoo cheered only to meet with ‘are-you-kidding-me’ face courtesy of Jongin.

“Fun? University and fun doesn’t go together hyung.” Jongin exaggerated waving his arms around.

“Well, I don’t know, have a horrible time?”

“Oh I know it will be horrible. Going to be late, bye hyung!”  Kyungsoo waved back at the retreating figure of Jongin and starting the engine, he set out to his work place.

With Joonmyeon.

Probably alone.

“Oh god.”

Jamming to the radio, Kyungsoo moved along the beat, singing to it at times when SNSD’s song came up or something. Kyungsoo drove down town and park on the parking lot; he pouted alone when he realised he arrived to his nightmare. Not that he had any choice in the first place.

“Xiumin hyung, I’m here!” Kyungsoo bellowed, putting his apron on and entering the kitchen to find Xiumin cutting up the chicken.

“Oh great, help me by cutting those vegetable will you?”

“Sure.” Kyungsoo set off in chef mode, cutting and dicing the vegetables elegantly and dumping them into a bowl.

“Here.” Kyungsoo handed in aware of the fact that a hand had crept behind his waist.

“Hey sweetcheeks.”

“Don’t ing call me sweetcheeks, you .”

“But the name suits you.” Joongmyeon countered making Kyungsoo more and more pissed.

“Stop flirting you two.”

“I am not flirting!” Kyungsoo denied stomping his foot childishly.

“But I am.” Joonmyeon replied trying snake his arms around Kyungsoo’s thin waist only to be smacked down by Kyungsoo.

“Don’t touch me, you erted .”

“Why? I bet you would be moani-”

“Guys, get on with your work!” Xiumin roared shutting the two up and having them getting back to work.

Kyungsoo was washing the spinach one by one looking at Xiumin who was distantly smiling. Kyungsoo wondered why Xiumin hyung was this happy when he suddenly remembered Xiumin’s date.

“Oh, how was the date, hyung?”

“With Chen? Oh, he was so romantic, I mean we went to this fancy restaurant where he told me to order anything I want and then we went sight-seeing in the amusement mark inside the Ferris wheel. The fireworks were exploding and it was just so cute!”

“Wow, so much mush in one date.”

“Hey! It was romantic, okay?” Xiumin protected, his cheeks puffed out in a pout.

“How long are you dating him for, two weeks?”

“Three from yesterday.” Xiumin dreamily answered probably thinking about Chen, the love of his life.

“How about you, Kyung? Didn’t a new roommate come to live with you?”

“I am not in love with him!” Kyungsoo instantly shouted, regretting it afterwards.

“Calm down honey, I never said you were.” Xiumin knowingly smiled, if Kyungsoo wasn’t in the wrong, he swore he saw a smirk in Xiumin.

“Sorry… it’s just that everyone keep giving me these looks.”

“But maybe you will?” Xiumin shrugged handling his pan with care.

“Hyung! I’m straight!”

“Keep telling yourself that.” Kyungsoo blew air in anger finishing the last batch of spinach. He washed his hands, drying it off ready for his lunch break. Unexpectedly, he felt two arms engulf him hugging him tightly. He knew who it was and boy Kyungsoo didn’t like it one bit.

“Get off me!” Kyungsoo angrily said, pushing Joonmyeon away from him.

“Aww, why won’t you give me a hug?”

“Why would I want to give a hug to a retard?”

“Ouch. You broke my heart.” Joonmyeon whispered, dramatically clutching the right side of his heart and making gagging noises.

“, the heart is located in the left, not the right.” Kyungsoo shook his head thinking back how on earth he will be able to get rid of idiot like Joonmyeon.

Joonmyeon stood there for a second, slowly moving his hands to the left before resuming his dramatic dying scene.

Not that Kyungsoo gives about anyways.

Kyungsoo left the acting waiter, Joonmyeon on his own and walked to the dining room cleaning the table which unfortunately had to have a drunken fool lying around at daytime.

“Sir, could you please leave?”

“ off.” The old man muttered, agitating Kyungsoo slowly however Kyungsoo knew he had to be polite so asking again he kindly instructed the man to get off.

“Shut up, you wimpy boy!” The stranger let out a strangely voice violently pushing Kyungsoo who staggered, knocked off balance and landing on top of Joonmyeon who look beyond angry.

“Don’t hurt Kyungsoo like that, got it?” Joonmyeon hissed, lifting the man’s collar and dragging him out the restaurant. Throwing him like a rag, Joonmyeon slammed the enter door shut rushing to check upon Kyungsoo.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just shaken up a bit.” Kyungsoo couldn't helped but assure Joonmyeon because even though he hates him, Joonmyeon did save him from a hard fall.

“Here, have some water.” Joonmyeon offered, giving Kyungsoo a cup of water.

Uncertain whether or not to thanked Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo decided to be good and thank Joonmyeon for saving him from the drunkard fool.

“…thanks.” Kyungsoo mumbled loud enough for Joonmyeon to hear it but being the Joonmyeon he is, he want to hear it one more time.

“Sorry?”

“I said… thanks.” Kyungsoo mumbled a bit more audible this time.

“Well you did look so kissable when you were pushed into me.” Suho chuckled, his lips at the thought.

“And I truly thought for a moment; there was some kindness in you, Joonmyeon.” Kyungsoo exhaled, dusting the dirt off.

“Well, I am a proud ert for you Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but support the faintest tinge of red coming in his cold pale cheeks.

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Here is another chapter. There might be some English mistakes! Sorry if it confused you at first but I wanted to write more so this was why I joined two chapters together! Hope you are happy with the update! Going to sleep now, /yawns/