Chapter 27.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

Groggily opening his eyes and taking in the blank ceiling, Kyungsoo blinked at the sudden sunlight on his face, looking around to see his and Jongin’s shared bedroom, face scrunching in confusion. He swore he was with Xiumin, drinking and oh good lord.

“I seriously need to stop hanging out with the troll’s wife.” Kyungsoo whined, massaging his temples that were aching from the hangover and dizzily exiting his bedroom finding the hallway clattered with the couple’s clothes.

Kyungsoo shuddered and sighed, rolling his eyes, “Stupid asses.”

Making his way to the kitchen, he spotted a note stuck on the fridge, snatching it and reading ‘Kyungsoo, stop being drunk! I am at work right now and Sehun’s gone to university. I think Jongin went as well since he wasn’t here when we woke up. I made some chicken soup so thank me later, donut.

Scoffing but still thankful that Luhan troubled his way to cook some fresh chicken soup, Kyungsoo laid the bowl of soup, re-heating it before relishing the hot liquid sliding down his throat. It had made his headache much better than the time he first got up.

He finished the soup silently, the apartment quiet unlike yesterday where he cringed at the sounds Luhan was making and sparing the details, Kyungsoo did not want to remember again.

Looking at the clock, he  quickly got dressed, trying to reside his headache aside even though he knew it was his fault for getting drunk and babbling nonsens-

Oh.

“.” Kyungsoo gasped out in realisation, slapping himself for being so reckless. He remembered he had a slight tendency to be talkative and spilling out secrets; his or anyone’s for that matter. And that being said, Kyungsoo slumped down the wall, thinking what he might have been saying to Xiumin or even the person that took him home who he suspected to be Luhan.

Rushing out after swallowing some hangover pills, Kyungsoo made his way down the elevator and taking his car, he speedily drove to the café, busting in the closed café, having Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked up in surprise, “Kyungsoo, what are you doing here. You still got thirty minute to get here, you know?”

“Where’s Xiumin?”

Baekhyun huffed, crossing his arms, “Well, hi to you as well.” Chanyeol chuckled, shutting up when Kyungsoo glared at the two, shoving the kitchen door open to find Xiumin spinning the cake mixture.

“Xiumin, you know yesterday when we went out ("You went out without informing me, your boyfriend?") who took me back?”

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo blinked, once, twice, thrice times before shrieking and having Baekhyun and Chanyeol rushed in to see Kyungsoo promptly trying to strangle Xiumin.  

“Why would you make Jongin, out of all people, pick me up?” Kyungsoo shouted, held back by Chanyeol and Xiumin holding onto Chen who had just came in after setting the tables, confused with the scene that was taking place.

Smirking, Xiumin retorted, “Well...He is your roommate or should I s-”

Slapping Chanyeol away, Kyungsoo pointed at his hyung, voice dripped with a threatening tone, “Don’t you dare.”

Xiumin laughed hugging Chen who was just tilting his head in utter confusion, mouthing Chanyeol and Baekhyun as to what had happened. The two shrugged, fingers spinning next to their forehead and then pointing at Kyungsoo as Chen laughed before pretending to cough when Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes beadily at him.

“I won’t tell anybody but really; you should get to it.” Xiumin spoke in hushed tone, ignoring the other three’s whines.

“What are you two even talking about? I feel so left out and I’m your boyfriend!” Chen nuzzled Xiumin’s neck, earning gags around the room, Xiumin giggling and squirming at the antic.

“It’s Kyungsoo secret, Chen Chen (“Ew, even I don’t give nickname to my Chanyeol!”) so he should be able to tell you by himself.” Chen looked up, going towards Kyungsoo and following Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s puppy eye gaze towards the omma who shook his head rapidly.

“Xiumin’s fine but no, I don’t really think I’m going to tell the troll here along with gossip queen and his husband whose on crack.” Kyungsoo huffed, exaggeratedly waving his arms around to the three of them.

Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun, both smirking before launching themselves at Kyungsoo, tickling him,  earning laughs and ‘stop it’ from the smaller figure.

“I-am n-not going t-to tell y-you so stop it!” Kyungsoo punched the two, quickly getting up whilst rushing to cower behind Xiumin who was judging the two, brows raised and eyes gleaming with a happy feel,

Or was it murderous?

The two went with the second option, backing away and sheepishly scratching the back of their necks, “We only wanted to know…”

“He will tell you himself if he wants to, now shoo! The café opens in ten minutes and I want everything to be tidy!” Xiumin shouted going back to his chef mode, ordering Chanyeol and Chen to check the table settings whilst Baekhyun went to cut the fresh strawberries, “Kyungsoo, go make another mixture of chocolate cake please?”

Kyungsoo nodded, getting the equipment yet his mind seemed to travel back to the night where Jongin was the one who had taken him back. He smiled at how Jongin still came even if he had dance practice but the smile falter when he wondered why wouldn’t Jongin have left a note or something informing Kyungsoo about it? Although, Kyungsoo noted, these past few days weren’t exactly great since he couldn’t even talk to Jongin before the latter excusing that he needed to go back to his practice.

Sighing and adding in the cocoa powder, he remembered a week ago where everything was fine and back to normal; laughing and smiling like nothing was wrong. But then that stupid exam had to come.

Afterwards, he had to admit, he kind of felt lonely.

Sure, there was Chanyeol and Baekhyun as well as Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Sehun, Joonmyeon and even Yixing (granting Joonmyeon and Yixing would have only make him feel like a third wheel) would have been enough for him to feel social and talkative, it somehow felt different compared to the bond him and Jongin shared.

Of course, there was that fact that he liked the boy but like always, Kyungsoo put the fact aside and even if there wasn’t that attraction, Kyungsoo would have still felt empty because he missed talking to Jongin, his crush (which he is trying to get rid of) but mostly he missed talking to Jongin, his roommate and friend.

Baekhyun looked over, rolling his eyes when Kyungsoo sighed again and making his way towards Kyungsoo before slapping the back of Kyungsoo’s head

“Stop sighing!”


“Jongin, you’re spacing out again!” Yixing exasperatedly puffed out, pouting when he received no response from the younger only to precede slapping Jongin who jostled awake at the action.

Jongin glared at Yixing, rubbing his red cheek, “Why did you do that for?”

“Because you have been spacing out for the tenth time, Jongin. Did you even sleep, I can see your bloody eye bags and do I have to come to your house to tuck you in and sing lullabies in order for you to fall asleep Kim Jongin because I will if you don’t sleep early today.” Yixing scolded, the tanned boy ignoring Yixing and focusing on what Kyungsoo had said last night, only trying to accept the fact that Kyungsoo had someone he liked; a boy at that even and it kind of made Jongin displeased because for one; Kyungsoo apparently didn’t trust him enough to tell him and two; Kyungsoo had a crush on someone.

Somehow, Jongin didn’t like that at all.

“Jongin, are you even listening? God, when I was your age-”

Jongin raised a brow, having to confute at that, “Xingxing, should I remind you that we are only four months apart. What did you do four months ago apart from hogging your time with Joonmyeon?”

“Shut up, it’s the moral that counts in what I'm saying,”

“Isn’t the saying actually ‘it’s the thought that counts’ or am I missing something here?”

Yixing sighed, narrowing his eyes into tiny slits and glazing murderous looks towards Jongin, “No one is going to get far if they just copy someone’s motives.”

Jongin gave Yixing a blank look, trying to think how Yixing even managed to come up with that ty reason.

“As I was saying,” Yixing cleared his voice before continuing, “When I was your age, I was alert and on top with my life, everything was in control and even though I practiced for less time, I still managed to keep my grades on check so I don’t think it would do any harm if you Jongin, rest a bit.”

“That doesn’t make sense since you are as forgetful as the forgetful one in Snow White and the seven dwarfs.”

“There isn’t one, there is dopey but not forgetful” Yixing dead-panned, chugging the cold water down.

“Weren’t you the one who said we shouldn’t copy other’s motives?” Yixing processed what the other said; later charging at Jongin, trying to slap the tanned boy; the other then proceeded to stop Yixing and although the older was smaller in figure, Jongin still had a hard time struggling Yixing’s power.

It was only when the door opened and a gasp was heard that the two stopped, looking at the intruder.

His red, curly hair swept to the side and his eyes wide with his mouth hanging open in shock, “A-Am I interrupting s-something?”

Yixing confusedly stared before realising his and Jongin’s quite lewd position, him below with his hands pushed back in a surrendering position whilst Jongin was on top, holding onto Yixing’s wrists, his face quickly turning red as he got off Yixing, the two coughing and spluttering nonsense at Joonmyeon.

Awkward silence ensuing.

“Can I join?” Jongin who had pretended to drink his water in poor attempt to excuse himself, spurted the water out, choking and howling in pain when Yixing tried to help, help meaning being slapping his back painfully.

Yixing pouted, huffing in anger, “We are not doing what you think we are doing, you ert. I was trying to strangle this boy here when you walked in and for your information, that boy is not going to get to see me even half-.”

Suho laughed, softly patting Jongin’s back, “I came here to surprise you and well; to meet with the headmaster but the scene surprised me more. I mean I’m glad you are still innocent and haven’t turned into a fellow like Sehun.”

Jongin nodded in agreement, watching drowsily as Joonmyeon continued to talked to Yixing, ignoring the youngest who suddenly knew what Kyungsoo meant by being the third wheel.

Kyungsoo.

He remembered he still was trying to figure out Kyungsoo’s crush, someone that went to Sehun’s graduation party and who was a close friend of Kyungsoo’s.

Well…there was him and who else?

No.

Jongin’s fist clenched, eyes blaring with anger as he watched the mop of red hair nodding at what Yixing was saying; he suddenly felt realisation drawned upon him as he continued to watch the exchanges of conversation between the oldest and Yixing.

He didn’t know why he was feeling this way, he should be happy; Kyungsoo had finally found someone and no; he wasn’t going to admit how much he wanted to be himself.

He glazed over at Joonmyeon remembering that…

Apart from him, Sehun invited everyone from university and everyone was included, amongst the one that were included, Jongin realised that apart from him, one other person had also come, his name sounding biter in Jongin’s mouth,

Kim Joonmyeon.”

 


 

{♥ Author's Note}

Yes. I made Jongin even more stupid. If that was even possible. Don't worry, just endure his stupidity a little longer.

Anyway, back to school on Monday, great half-term though! /sighs at the thought of boring school.

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~