Chapter 24.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

“Achoo!” Kyungsoo sneezed for the nth time on their way back home, getting his tissue and wiping his nose which was red and basically looked like Rudolph the reindeer minus the furs and antlers.

Jongin sped up, trying to get home where it was far warmer than the cold condition his car was in. He glanced quickly at Kyungsoo whose eyes were drooping and sweat forming in the middle of winter in contrast to his nose which was red from too much wiping.

“We’re here.” Jongin snapped up, quickly parking his car that he got as a present from Sehun on his eighteenth birthday, it still made Jongin baffled that Sehun had got him a car, he did suspect it had something to do with Luhan forcing but eh. He got a car and that’s all that matters.

Carrying Kyungsoo bridal style, he failed to see a blush forming on Kyungsoo’s chubby cheeks and began his way to the elevator, thanking god it was empty because he didn’t want to explain to random strangers why Kyungsoo was sick.

He did kind of regret the moment they entered the door because he knew something bad was going to happen

And it did.

Judging by how the next second his face was on the floor and somehow Kyungsoo had jumped onto Luhan’s back.

“Sorry Jongin, but got to go.” Sehun rolled his eyes at Luhan, helping Jongin up.

Jongin raised a brow, “What’s gotten Luhan crazy? Not that he wasn’t before.”

“Kyungsoo’s sick, he acts more panicky than when I’m sick. All because Kyungsoo was a baby and I wasn’t because apparently, I hurt his far too much to be a baby.” Sehun huffed in anger, walking in on Luhan who was boiling some vegetable soup and Jongin swore the kitchen table were empty when he first stepped in.

“It’s just a cold, not need to worry.” Kyungsoo tried to calm the oldest down failing to do so when he was suddenly wrapped up in blanket and it wouldn’t have been better if it was like a Dorito but clearly, Luhan wasn’t artistic judging by how Kyungsoo was suffocating in his own blankets.

“Stop pestering Kyungsoo, Luhannie.” Sehun murmured freeing Kyungsoo making the other gasp out.

“Do you want orange juice, babysoo?” Luhan asked, ignoring his lover much to Jongin’s amusement and giving the glass to Kyungsoo.

Sehun tut, “You shouldn’t give him juice, Luhan, green tea are better.” He snatched the juice Kyungsoo was about to take a sip off and was replaced with a cup of steaming green tea. Kyungsoo didn’t really care; he was just thirsty.

“Orange juice are better, they have lots of vitamins.” Luhan argued, snatching when Kyungsoo was sipping his first green tea drop. Jongin was chuckling at the pouting face Kyungsoo had on, he began to get up and slipped in the other side of the kitchen.

Sehun shook his head, slapping the back of Luhan’s head, “Green tea is warm therefore Kyungsoo will get better quickly.” Kyungsoo mentally cried when his orange juice got snatched away again.

“I think keeping Kyungsoo hydrated and not dying from lack of water is better than your stupid ideas.” Jongin muttered coming back with a cup of warm water for Kyungsoo to drink, the latter gladly accepting and tugging Jongin to sit near him.

Jongin complied, sending a glare at Sehun’s direction when he heard a snort and widening his eyes in surprise when Kyungsoo rested his head on Jongin’s shoulder.

There went his heart beat again.

“Should we call the doctor or something?” Sehun suggested after a while, cooing at Kyungsoo sleeping form. They were on the sofa (well, Jongin was, Kyungsoo was rather sitting on Jongin. Literally.)  and Kyungsoo’s body was sideways on Jongin’s lap and his head on Jongin’s chest, the younger hoping Kyungsoo wouldn’t hear the rapid heartbeats he was having.  Kyungsoo’s hand was clutched around Jongin’s waist whilst the taller’s hands were on Kyungsoo’s back and the other resting on the thighs.

“Yeah, we should. I heard Hyunsik was free this shift. Maybe we could call him and he could come over.” Luhan asked after a while of thinking getting his phone out and dialling Hyunsik.

“Heya, what’s up Marilyn Monroe?” A voice that sounded familiar to Jongin played through the other side, laughing at Luhan’s certain nickname.

“Stopping calling me, you piece of .”

“Hey! Is that any way of calling your friend up?”

“Whatever, I would have never met you if you weren’t introduced by Kyungsoo.” Jongin could hear laughter at the other end, trying to figure out that familiar voice.

“So…what do you want?”

“Kyungsoo’s sick.” Luhan muttered going away to the kitchen and leaving Jongin behind, eyeing at the sleeping Kyungsoo all the while.

“Don’t tell me he’s experiencing stomach cramps or some fluttering feeling.” Hyunsik chuckled, stopping when he heard no response from Luhan.

“He’s coughing and having a fever, I don’t think that’s called falling in love, you stupid .” Luhan rolled his eyes, knowing Jongin had gone yesterday morning to the doctor and it was only fair that Hyunsik had asked that.

Hyunsik scoffed, “Why must you have stupid nick names for me? And I’m on my way for your information.”

“Because you are an and probably the stupidest person I know that somehow managed to bagged the doctor in university and land yourself a job. Also, because Hyunsik doesn’t sound anything like the ert you are and are you even listening?” Luhan shouted, eyes narrowing in anger when he heard a yawn.

“Nope.”

“I’m talking.”

“And I’m ignoring.” Hyunsik curtly replied, pressing the elevator and laughing when he heard Luhan growled like a dog.

“Where are you?”

“Open the door.” Luhan huffed, shutting his phone down and opening the door to reveal an eye smiling slightly tanned boy who was shorter than him yet a bit buffer with a stupid grin plastered in his face.

“How’s my dear Marilyn Monroe going?” He yelped in pain when Luhan dragged him by his ears, pushing him towards the living room. Jongin who was still on the couch talking with Sehun looked up, pointing at Hyunsik in awe.

“You’re the doctor!?”

“Heya, Jongin?” Jongin nodded, slowly patting Kyungsoo’s awake and gently straightening him up, already missing the warmth Kyungsoo had when the shorter was asleep in his lap. Kyungsoo yawned and rubbed his eyes with his small hands quickly, adjusting to the surrounding and letting a surprise shout when he saw Hyunsik facing him.

“When did you come?”

“Just a minute ago. Luhan called me to check up on you.” Hyunsik muttered coming up close and turning serious, checking Kyungsoo’s eyes before pressing his fingers on Kyungsoo’s mouth and titling it, looking at his mouth. Jongin suddenly felt dry on his mouth, and something about the way his stomach was doing flips felt wrong.

It wasn’t like those nice, fluttery ones. More like deep and murderous as he continued to stare at Hyunsik examining Kyungsoo.

“Just a common cold, that’s all. You worry too much, Marilyn.” Hyunsik broke the news after a while of checking up on Kyungsoo who was doing what Hyunsik said like a little boy, eyes widening and cutely glaring at Luhan who was sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

“See? I told you I could have gone to work or something.”

“Don’t make me laugh, Kyungsoo. Just because I said it’s a common cold doesn’t mean you are allowed to go to work. Especially in this winter state, there are higher chances for that common cold to develop into something more dangerous.”

Kyungsoo pouted angrily, “So I can’t go to work?”

“Four days since I’m taking caution because you work in the café where it could be easily spread so yeah. Four days of resting, you busy bee.” Hyunsik chuckled, ruffling Kyungsoo’s already messy hair and getting up to walk towards Jongin who was busy looking at his phone where the stomach aches –as he likes to call them- went away.

“Jongin, have you figure it out those stomach things yet?”

“Nope. Give me a clue, Hyunsik hyung.” Jongin mumbled, feeling embarrassed when he heard Hyunsik laugh.

Clearing his throat, the older spoke, “Um…just think about Sehun and Luhan. Yeah, think about them and what you felt when I was near Kyungsoo.”

“I don’t think that’s going to help but okay.” Jongin shrugged nonchalantly, waving good bye when Hyunsik went out saying his shift was about to start.

Leaving the door, he went back to the living room where Kyungsoo was snuggled up in his blanket watching pororo and drinking some soup Luhan had made. Jongin could hear on the other side Luhan singing since Kyungsoo couldn’t cook, that left them with Luhan who was a good cook overall but just a lazy in general.

“Why are you watching Pororo, hyung?”

“Because it is cute and fun to watch.” Kyungsoo mumbled, fixated by how Pororo the penguin was waddling around.

Jongin looked at Pororo for a few minutes before looking at Kyungsoo instead and he watched at Kyungsoo jumped along with Pororo and giggled when the cartoon character did something funny. He thought Kyungsoo looked cute like that, with a happy and peaceful face rather than the tired look Kyungsoo had on with all the work and stress.

For once, his hyung looked peaceful and rather beautiful. Some would say Kyungsoo needed sleep judging by the black bags that matched Tao’s but Jongin called it those perfect imperfections. Laughing at his stupid thought, Jongin’s heart fluttered when Kyungsoo unknowingly rested his head on Jongin’s arm before leaning and going side way so his body was facing Jongin’s side and one of his hands resting on around Jongin’s waist. His face though was watching Pororo all the time, laughing quietly, unfazed by how he just wrapped himself around the younger. Jongin brought the latter closer so that Kyungsoo’s head was now resting on Jongin’s shoulder and his mind raced with sudden thoughts about the warmth radiating from Kyungsoo’s face.

“You are very snuggly and warm, Jongin-ah.” Kyungsoo mumbled, getting drowsier due to the medicine he was obliges to take where Luhan have shoved it down his throat as much as he was unwilling.

“Cause I’m hot.” Jongin joked, earning a weak slap from Kyungsoo who grinned and shook his head in mock disbelief.

“You idiot.” Kyungsoo murmured, yawning tiredly with his mouth stretching wide open and slowly closing his eyes, the last thing he saw was Jongin’s grinning face.

Jongin continued to watched Pororo, aware of the sleeping figure beside him that was wrapped around. He didn’t know whether it was the warmth from his cheeks or from Kyungsoo’s but he slowly closed his eyes, letting sleep take over his state and letting his head fall on top of Kyungsoo’s small one.

“Guys! Dinn-oh.” Luhan shouted, surprised when he saw Jongin and Kyungsoo hugging each other; Jongin on top of the sofa whilst Kyungsoo used Jongin as a bed, his arms scrunched up on Jongin’s chest and the latter’s hands wrapped around Kyungsoo’s waist.

Sehun came a moment after, taking the scene in disbelief and turning to look at Luhan.

“They snuggled up like we do but don’t get nor realise their damn feelings? How can they do that?”

“Because not everyone’s a massive ert like you.” Luhan hissed, cooing at the two. Sehun gave shifty looks at the two, about to walk towards them when Luhan stopped him in his track or rather pulled him away with much force.

“Leave them to be Sehun. It will be much more fun seeing them two awake and realising their positions.”

 


 

{♥ Author's Note}

Heya. Um... I decided to update every Saturday! Today is Sunday so it was a bit of a delay since I wanted to post my first of the three-shot chaptes in Crimson. But from today I'll update Britain Time Zone UTC + 0 11:00pm -11:45pm every Saturday

AND, IDOL SPORT CHAMPIONSHIP HAS ARRIVED! WOOO~ Everyone in EXO came apart from Kaisoo (I wonder what they are doing~ >:) Kray (my otp~) and Chenmin. 

SERIOUSLY, YOU SHOULD BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP INSTEAD IF SPENDING LOVELY MOMENTS LIKE YOU DO EVERYDAY.

AND NO. I do not like their damn turquoise colour. ¬.¬

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~