Chapter 20.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

“What are you going to do, Kim Jongin?” Sehun sighed, patting the tanned boy’s back and ignoring the confused stares people around the party were giving him and Jongin. They were still at the party and Luhan had gone off to Kyungsoo whilst Sehun stayed with Jongin.

“Probably rot and die.” Jongin murmured, hands covering his face and sighing for the umpteenth time in that hour. He wished he could just back the time up and never said the words he said because honestly; he was feeling right now.

“Now, don’t think like that. How about you buy some roses or something and make it up to him?” Sehun tried to suggest, he never was good in these kind of stuff; probably since he and Luhan rarely fight.

“I am not Kyungsoo’s boyfriend; roses are not going to help.”

“You sure act like one.” Sehun muttered, rolling his eyes and being unfazed by Jongin’s glare sent towards him.

He thought he was stupid. But then he met Jongin. And he really hoped people weren’t as dense as Jongin.

“I am not gay, how many times must I tell you that?” Jongin hissed, narrowing his eyes before stirring the cocktail drink with his straw.

“As many times as I tell you that you are gay.” Sehun retorted, snatching the drink away and making Jongin focus on the problem.

“Shut up and think of a way I can apologize to Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin casted his eyes back to the house where Kyungsoo would probably be along with the others.

“Fine then, wear a bunny suit and jump around him saying you are sorry.”

“You did that?” Jongin widened his eyes in surprise staring at Sehun who meekly nodded remembering the last time Kyungsoo was mad at him; he had to buy a bunny suit from his own money –and he was a cheap stake- and sing a song to Kyungsoo before finally being forgiven.

All because he forget to buy Kyungsoo spaghetti.

“Well, I can’t since one; I don’t have money, two; you already done that so it will be like stealing, three; did I mention I have no money, four; that idea is just stupid and five; I have no money.”

“Well, ask Luhan. He is better in these kinds of stupid stuff anyway.” Sehun gave up, sipping Jongin’s drink and getting up. He looked at Jongin and when the latter made no move in getting up, Sehun hooked his hands around Jongin, dragging him much to Jongin’s meek protests.

They head in the house, spotting Luhan with the others including Kyungsoo not to far away and Jongin being the wuss he is, in Sehun’s opinion, turn the other direction only to realise that Sehun had his grip around him.

“You are coming with me.”

“No, I’m not.” Jongin hissed, tugging Sehun’s grip away.

“Don’t be such a wuss.” Sehun spoke, trying to drag the stubborn Jongin towards their group of friends.

“Let me be a wuss.” Jongin answered back but Sehun was as stubborn as the boy himself and after looking like complete idiots struggling with each other in the middle of the room, Jongin gave up and began to walk pitifully towards their friends.

“Yo, the y human has come forth and you may all bow now.” Sehun spoke in a mock posh voice, earning howls of disapproval around.

“Yixing, you are done greeting right?” Sehun asked Yixing who had been busy talking to Joonmyeon only to stopped and nod at Sehun, smiling his dimple smile before carrying on talking with Joonmyeon.

“Well, I am so grateful for that nod you gave me.” Sehun sarcastically commented; looking up and trying his best not to laugh at how awkward Jongin and Kyungsoo were.

He didn’t know whether the rest was understanding enough not to talk about it or they didn’t know the awkward atmosphere floating around because they were too stupid.

Sehun went with the second option.

Luhan nudged Sehun; his eyes motioning at the distance between Jongin and Kyungsoo.

“We wanted them to get together, not separate like a disease.” Luhan whispered, away from the others and eyeing Sehun with worry.

“Don’t worry, you just give your cheesy advice to Jongin and I’m sure the two will make it up anyway but one thing you should know; Jongin’s broke.”

“Well, then. That new card you got sure needs testing.” Sehun widened his eyes, shaking his head violently and patting his card like a baby.

“I am not using my money to get Kyungsoo and Jongin back together.” Sehun argued, crossing his arms and stamping his feet lightly on the ground. His wall of defence soon broke down when Luhan started to drag his fingers up Sehun’s chest in a flirty manner.

“But Oh Sehun, I got something from victoria secret that I had been dying to show you.”

“That’s unfair! You can’t black-mail my .” Sehun whined quietly, thinking of what his dear lover could have possible brought.

“Just once, you know how badly I want them two together.” Luhan purred, rubbing his head affectionately on Sehun’s chest whilst the younger gulped in fear. No, he is not going to waste his money, he must resist, yes then he could save up money and get away from Kyungsoo’s apartment and maybe he could then find a better job and live a happy life with Luhan.

He.must.resist.

“Fine.”

Or not.

Yeah, that was a one minute inspirational thought that way never going to happen.

“Great! I just imagine the perfect present Jongin can hand Kyungsoo and we can arrange the forest; you know, where we first met to be cleared so the tanned boy can apologize to our owl.”

Sehun just ignored Luhan’s babbling, chuckling quietly when the rest picked up on the awkward atmosphere judging by how they kept looking back and forth at the two.

“So, what caught your balls?” Xiumin asked casually, Chen laughing beside him when Kyungsoo began to choke on the drink he had been sipping. Sehun grinned evilly when he noticed Jongin’s instinct when his hand moved towards Kyungsoo before stopping and looking away.

“Hey, are you listening to me or not?” Luhan pouted, jutting his lips out more when Sehun absent-mindedly nodded.

“Sehun!” Luhan whispered-yelled, prodding Sehun’s shoulder and garnering the attention of the younger who only pointed at the scene in front of them.

“I promised I won’t say it, just don’t kill me.” Xiumin was behind Chen, holding his hands to shield himself from Kyungsoo who was half choking and half lunging towards Xiumin.

“Hey, don’t kill me my baozi.” Chen laughed, holding Xiumin by the waist when Kyungsoo had threatened Xiumin since the former was nearly choked to death.

“Don’t call me baozi, Chen!”

“Okay, Baozi.” Chen grinned when Xiumin huffed nonetheless trapped in Chen’s arm.

“God watching you two was like watching some gay -ew.” Kris shivered bringing Tao closer as the latter happily obliged, feeling the warmth of Kris and everything fluffy.

“Kris, may I remind you that this is a business party so other people might hear.” Yixing scolded, hands by his hips and making Joonmyeon hold his drink. Sehun laughed at Joonmyeon who only sent a confused look at his way.

God if there was anyone dumber than Jongin in Sehun’s opinion, it would probably be Joonmyeon.

“Okay. Sorry, mum.” Kris rolled his eyes in a mocking tone, tongue sticking out at Yixing.

Sehun looked over at Jongin who was miserably staring at Kyungsoo trying to stop Yixing from probably killing Kris. He nudged Jongin as the latter looked up and if it weren’t for knowing Jongin for a long time, he probably would have cooed over how heart-broken Jongin looked.

But no, Sehun is a man. That doesn’t coo. Only Luhan does that.

“Don’t worry, Jongin! We are going to make everything right!”


Jongin looked at the mirror before spinning around in fury at the two sheepish looking boys.

“This is your idea of making everything right?” Jongin screeched, he was currently in a maid outfit and to make matters worse, it was on a bit too tight for his liking.

“I told you we should have gone with the puppy suit.” Sehun hissed, watching Jongin head to the changing room and likely to be ripping off the maid outfit.

“I thought he looked quite hot actually.”

“We are still going out right?” Sehun immediately asked, sighing in relief when Luhan laughed and pecked him on the nose.

“If you are done PDA-ing, could we please just buy some ing flowers and give it to Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin asked in despair, Sehun nodding along to Jongin’s idea because flower costs much less than some maid outfit.

“No. Now, obviously the outfit didn’t work so we are going to another store.”

“Obviously the outfit won’t ing work, have you notice I am a male?”

“You can have a cross-dresser.” Luhan shrugged, walking towards the jewellery store.

“When have I ever crossed dressed?” Jongin exasperatedly asked, glaring at Sehun when the latter tried to open his mouth.

“Whatever. Now if you are done ing, we should probably get him some necklace or something.” Jongin gripped Luhan’s shoulder making the older turn around and face him.

“How about we go to that kitchen supply store and buy the blender Kyungsoo had been eyeing for when we went to buy our suit for yesterday.”

“When did he look at the blender?”

“You would never notice, would you?” Jongin grinned, strolling at the kitchen store which was in front of him.

“No, no I wouldn’t,” Luhan agreed before smirking, “Only boyfriends are supposed to do that.”

“I am not gay!”

“Keep telling yourself that.” Luhan murmured but followed Jongin, both ignoring how Sehun was trying but failing to persuade them to buy Kyungsoo a bar of chocolate.

“Here is the blender!” Jongin shouted, holding the box up and wincing when Sehun howled because god damn, it was expensive.

“Remember Sehun.” Luhan sing-song, grabbing Sehun’s card and waltzing down to the cashier.

“You’re whipped, bro.” Jongin chuckled, patting Sehun’s hair as the latter growled.

“You will be too.”

“By who?” Sehun desperately wanted to say Kyungsoo but he stopped since he remembered he and Luhan still had to get them together.

“I brought it!” Luhan’s voice rang through, the box now in a bag and somehow, Sehun’s card looking a bit deformed.

The three exited the shop and began to walk back to their house where Kyungsoo was cooking dinner courtesy of the ever hungry maknae. They arrived within five minutes since the shopping mall was practically just opposite them and as they headed towards the lift, Luhan could see Jongin physically shaking.

“Don’t worry, Jongin. Kyungsoo is a forgiving person.”

“This isn’t some Korean drama ; he might just in fact turn out to hate me forever.”

“No, no. Korean dramas are filled with the female being poor and probably having a hard time and the male being a jackass. As far as I’m concern, you are a jackass but Kyungsoo isn’t poor nor is he working his off so stop worrying about yourself and give the god damn present I brought.”  Sehun slapped Jongin before pushing the latter just in time for Kyungsoo to open the door since he could hear the screams of Sehun from three doors away.

“umm…Hi?” Kyungsoo started off, breathing a soft gasp when Jongin silently handed him the present. Kyungsoo took the bag carefully, mentally screaming when he saw the blender.

“I’m sorry for the things I said yesterday. I didn’t actually mean it.” Jongin mumbled, fidgeting around with his fingers and looking at the ground with great interest. He looked up and he wished he didn’t because Kyungsoo was smiling.

ing smiling.

With that cute eye crinkle and everything Jongin would want to roll over and fan boy at the cuteness that oozes out of that smile. His heart beat had quickened and he was beginning to sweat, his face flushing yet somehow, he didn’t know why and when Kyungsoo decided to put his hands on Jongin’s shoulder, the latter reacted a bit too dramatically, shrugging Kyungsoo’s hand away and backing away because he was beginning to feel this thing in his stomach.

And he was scared because he never ing felt that way. Ever.

On the other side, witnessing what had just happened, Sehun really wanted to bang his head on the wall now.

“I-I’m sorry but thank you for the gift.” Kyungsoo stuttered, his lower lips wobbling when he was shrugged off and ignored by Jongin yet again.

He probably hates me and was forced to give me this present and say that stuff by the two.’ Kyungsoo thought, walking away and it wasn’t until he was fully gone when the shouting began.

“You ing idiot. Why did you shrug him off so rudely? Were you in your ing right mind?” Luhan screeched shaking Jongin like a madman.

“You wasted my money, you ing retard.” Sehun screamed, prodding Jongin’s cheeks and slapping his head because damn it, it cost him a lot of money.

They began to stop when Jongin gave no response, slowly worrying when Jongin stood still, just staring at the empty hallway.

“Hey Jongin, are you dead or something?” Sehun spoke normally, lightly slapping Jongin on his cheek.

“…I think I need to go to the doctor.”

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Yes. I made Jongin pretty stupid here. and yes, the two idiots still think they are straight.

Baekyeol are coming back guys, don't worry and a surprise guest will be featuring next chapter so try to guess who it will be? XD Hint: It is someone from CUBE entertainment.

And someone asked how long this story is going to be? I wanted to finished before May since UK boarding schools have their exams around that time so I am hoping for at least 40+ chapters all together but I'll see how it goes! =D

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~