Chapter 25.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

The sun flickered through the window as it swept in the living room where two dozing boys were still in their pretty little dream land where unicorn (that resembled a lot like Lay) was flying and rainbows were spurting off a dragon’s . The two were in the same position the last time Luhan and Sehun saw them yesterday where they ineffectively missed dinner.

Much to Sehun’s delight since it meant he could pig out more.

Jongin’s eyes scrunched at the light that blinded him for a second, yawning and opening his eyes to look right into Kyungsoo’s face.

Close up.

Let’s say that was quite a pleasant surprise for him.

Jongin let out a quite unmanly shriek, startling the one above him to jostle awake, blinking sleepily before opening them up in a surprised expression –Jongin couldn’t really tell since the older seemed to have it all the time anyway- and return his shriek with a scream.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo hoarsely shouted since his voice was still rough from the cold he had. He was scrambling away from Jongin by now and hugging his blanket courtesy of the devious couple.

“I don’t know, one minute we were watching Pororo and the next, we fell asleep.” Jongin explained, recalling the previous night and the last thing he remembered was how warm Kyungsoo was. And that was not relevant currently.

Kyungsoo sighed, “Why didn’t Luhan woke us up or something?”

“You know how those es are.” Jongin grumbled, tousling his bed hair and getting up to go to the bathroom and really; avoid any encounters with Kyungsoo ever in his life.

The two headed to different bathroom, Jongin going to their shared whilst Kyungsoo heading to the outside bathroom. The apartment, avoiding the sound of water running was filled with silence again.

Unfortunately, it was quite an awkward atmosphere if Jongin might add.

Jongin got ready for university, his project starting today and he could suddenly feel the excitement rushing through his body till he remembered Kyungsoo was sick.

Changing quickly he took his car keys, his, Jongin did love saying that.  At least now he didn’t feel like a baby every time Kyungsoo drove him because his entire friend had got cars and there he was; getting a lift like a kid.

Meeting Kyungsoo at the corridor, Jongin stopped the older who was getting... dressed?

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“Work?”

“Didn’t you hear what the doctor said yesterday?”

“I’m fine Jongin!” Kyungsoo huffed, struggling to get out of Jongin’s grip.

“No can’t do. You are not stepping anywhere out this building got it?” Jongin threatened pushing Kyungsoo into their bedroom.

“Fine.” Jongin smiled, faltering a second later when he realise that the awkward silence had commenced again.

“I got to work-I need to sleep.” The two sentences got jumbled up, sounding like a mashed up gibberish as both boys spoke at once, leaving opposite direction and whistling to ‘get away’ from each other.

Jongin quickly fled out the apartment, sighing for the nth time and grimacing at how chilly Seoul still was for his liking. Getting into his car, he drove off to his university, SNSD’s new song blasting through his stereo as he jammed along to it, arriving to his university in ten minutes where the stereo was now boomin out MBLAQ’s song.

Jongin continued to jiggle his hips, laughing at himself and locking his car before walking up to the entrance.

“Jongin!” Turning around, the called boy spotted Yixing waving cutely (not as cute as Kyungsoo’s though the latter won’t admit) and grinning madly.

“Yixing-ah!” Only three months and a few days older, Jongin freely spoke with Yixing with a friendly atmosphere, discussing through their dance project.

Yixing puffed up the cold air, “Aren’t you worried?”

“I am but worrying is sometimes good, isn’t it!” Jongin chuckled, putting his arms around Yixing and snuggling up together into the warm hall where different students with different courses were walking to and fro.

“I’m ing scared, Jongin-ah.” Jongin halted to his steps, eyes sternly looking at Yixing who blinked in confusion.

“Who taught you that word, Yixing?” Yixing rolled his eyes, slapping the back of Jongin’s head.

He huffed before speaking, “I am older than you, why are you so surprised?”

“Because a: I haven’t swore t-wait. I have but the point is you don’t swear. And B, you are an innocent little baby.”

Yixing narrowed his eyes at him looking like an angry lamb to Jongin and he stomped his feet childishly as they both entered the dance stadium.

“No, I am not a innocent little baby. I am manly, I tell you.”

“Yeah, that’s what Luhan said and at least his statement was partially true. He’s still manly but with fifty:fifty going to y diva mode. You xingxing, are still a little boy stuck in a nineteen year old body.”

“You just turned nineteen as well!”

Jongin laughed at Yixing’s childish antics, ruffling the shorter’s hair, “But you don’t know half the things I know.”

“That’s because you’re a ert.”

“You really should stopping hanging out with Joonmyeon.” Jongin replied after a while; remembering how Yixing always seemed to be around Joonmyeon.

“He’s done nothing to make you a ert.”

“A ert who will marry Han Ya Seul that will have beautiful and dancing prodigy babies.”

“And also imaginary.” Yixing dead-panned wincing when Jongin slapped him.

“You really should stop hanging out with Joonmyeon.” Jongin shook his head in displeasure sitting on one of the chairs, ready for the professor in dance department to instruct their third project so far.

“Listen up!” The professor shouted as the room went instantly silently, instead all eyes focusing on the professor.

“This project is a type of chereography where you join two dance genres like you have been learning this past few weeks. Any dance genres but it has to be original so you must choreograph it and it must be within four minutes maximum and a minute minimum although I doubt any one would do one minute. Anything over four minute will not be judged so keep that in mind. It is a sole assessment although you can share ideas and discuss if you wish to. “

Jongin wrote the notes down, jotting the important detail and already forming a little dance routine in his head.

“The date when we judge is exactly a week for now; I do know its short but basically we been doing this for many months. You should have grasp the knowledge by now and a professional choreographer can choreograph within thirty minutes which is what we are aiming to be by the end of all the projects! Okay, scoot off and practice! Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask me.”

The students scattered off, some already doing some moves to add to their routine as they headed to separate stages to ‘free their spirit’ as their professor stated.

“You got a dance routine?” Yixing bumped his shoulder smiling lightly yet with a rivalling look in his face.

“Sure, have you?”

“Nope.” Jongin sighed at Yixing’s blunt statement, defeating the purpose of rivalry.

“So what are you thinking?” Jongin then went onto elaborate what his dance routine is before remembering Kyungsoo was at home sick. He wondered how the older was, snuggled up in his blanket and watching Pororo and feeling asleep like a baby, all cuddled up whilst he places-

.

“Yo. Earth to Jongin?” Yixing whistled, laughing at the shock expression Jongin had before Jongin wearily smiled. They continued to chatter, arranging the moves and thinking about what else to add in their dance. Finding an empty dance room, they set out to choreograph their third dance project

However, on the other side of Seoul there stood a boy in one, two, three-

“Achoo!” Kyungsoo sneezed again, wiping his nose and sipping his green tea Luhan had kindly made for him. He huddled up into his blanket up, sniffling and watching with boredom as Sehun hovered the carpet silently and Luhan was busy preparing a warm lunch for Kyungsoo.

“How are you feeling now, Kyungsoo?” Luhan sweetly asked, the maknae scoffing at the tone Luhan was using.

“A little better.” Kyungsoo quite answered, his voice pained for the throat that was killing him.

Sehun unplugged the hoover glaring at Luhan all the while, “I really think orange juice could have been better.”

“Just drop the damn orange juice thing!”

Just drop the damn orange juice thing.” Sehun imitated, fleeing up when Luhan chased him around the living room, enlightening Kyungsoo’s amusement.

Kyungsoo looked around the living room, spotting the donut cushion and grabbing it, cuddling it since it reminded him when Jongin gave it to him on their first day to the festival. He wondered to the window, thinking what Jongin must be doing with Yixing.

“Hey, when do you have to go to university, Sehun for your modelling course or something?”

“No, its Art like I told you a thousand times but I considered it modelling since that’s what I’ll take it from.” Sehun explained happily thinking of the photo shoots he dreamt of.

“You won't get any if you don’t try you idiot.” Luhan scolded Sehun, his hands occupied with a tray with soft rice, a bowl of boiled green vegetables and another filled with grilled chicken with warm water beside. He handed it to Kyungsoo who gave a short shook.

“You have to eat, Kyungsoo!” Luhan threatened, eyes glaring till Kyungsoo hesitantly gave in and began to eat.

“And you mister, eat less. I swear our fridge was full just three days ago.”

“Three days is a lot to finish all the food there.”

“No it isn’t!”

“I love you, the little things you do,”

Sehun.

“Every time we touch I feel more in love.”

Stop.

“Like a free flying dove,”

Talking to the-

“I love you…”

Damn fridge!” Luhan shouted, slapping Sehun’s head countless of times whilst Sehun was staring adoringly at the fridge, Kyungsoo on the other side trying hard not to choke on his food.

“Shouldn't Jongin be back by now?” Kyungsoo asked after he finished the food due to Luhan’s evil eagle eyes who was watching every bite Kyungsoo took. Sehun scoffed again, returning to his monotone face and ignoring Kyungsoo’s confused face.

“Ignored that brat. Jongin should be coming in about thirty minutes since he phoned saying he would be a bit late.”

“He called?” Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel a little upset since Jongin didn’t bothered calling him and Jongin always called him since he was practically normal compared to them two. He pouted at the thought of Luhan and Jongin laughing together on the phone, something which he didn’t like but didn't know why.

“Ah, young love.” Sehun commented noticing the pout and heading off to call Chanyeol for another round of games to play. Luhan followed Sehun, waving bye to Kyungsoo and shutting their bedroom door probably to talk with Baekhyun about eyeliner and what brand matches their complexion.

Kyungsoo started watching Pororo again although it seemed a bit off since there wasn’t the same warmth as last night. He watched the show with little interest after a while hoping the time would go faster as he began to gaze at the clock instead.

Suddenly, the door opened when Kyungsoo was about to doze off, startled and happy when Jongin popped out looking tired and a bit… red on the nose.

“Have you got a cold, Jongin?” Kyungsoo worriedly ask, getting a violent shook from Jongin.

“It’s just from the cold weather outside. I’m just really tired as well hyung so I’ll just go to sleep if that’s alright? Tell Luhan I’ll eat the dinner tomorrow.” With that Jongin left as soon as he entered leaving a baffled Kyungsoo lying on the sofa.

“O-kay…” Kyungsoo spoke to no one, staring at Pororo again and missing the comfort. Somehow, sleep didn’t come as quickly this time.

 


 

{♥ Author's Note}

OH! Also, after Straight as Cooked Spaghetti finishes (I promised it won't finish this quickly, there still lots of chappies to go XD ), I am planning on writing another long-length chaptered story (The other two are just short stories). So I did a poll (took ten minutes but yeah ._.) so pleaseu~ complete it! =D

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~