Chapter 22.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

Jongin stumbled his way home, courtesy of the confusing doctor which gave him no help whatsoever. Oh yeah, he did gave him one; to go closer to Kyungsoo and be more friendly. The only problem Jongin forgot to mention was that he, you know, kind of made Kyungsoo sad.

Stupid, stupid Jongin.

Twisting the lock to their apartment, Jongin came face to face with two slightly overly excited couple who was looking like him like he had the new Ferrari. Except he didn’t. Well, he still slightly had his dignity.

If that helped.

“So…what happen?” Luhan exclaimed, latching onto Jongin and eyes far too wide for Jongin, he preferred Kyungsoo’s cute, big, brown, twinkling, be-okay…anyway he preferred Kyungsoo’s eyes.

“What do you mean what happen?” Jongin shrugged off Luhan off before getting stopped by the maknae.

“What he is saying is have you found out about your love and how you are basically a for being this stupid as too not figure out your huge, massive, oh my god can it get any bigger crush on Kyungsoo-”

“Are you done?” Jongin interrupted, sulking at the two.

“No, I’m not done…and how you should probably fix his poor bleeding heart now. Okay…now I’m done.” Sehun finished off, loving how he was seeing a frustrated Jongin in his view.

“No, no and no. Would you stop asking me if I’m in love or not? Where is Kyungsoo, anyway?”

“Crying.” Luhan suddenly glared, making the younger flinched and being slowly filled up with guilt and other things that is making his stomach feel weird.

“Where? The bedroom?”

No, he’s crying up your . Of course, he’s in the bedroom.” Luhan hissed, walking off with Sehun who pointed towards the bedroom as if Jongin hadn’t been sleeping there for the past 122 days.

“Well, he could be in the living room.” Jongin pouted, muttering his prepared apologies that he had made up during the walk back home.

He walked (as slowly as his awkwardly long legs drag out), thinking over and over about his short curt speech. He was going to say sorry the first thing he see Kyungsoo and then proceed to explain things without making Kyungsoo say anything.

He turned the knob –as slowly as possible again- and opened up to reveal Kyungsoo punching his phone in fury and cursing when it went back to voicemail.

Okay, here it goes.

Jongin was going to say sorry, his first words of success.

“What’cha doing?” Okay, his speech.

“Um…trying to call an old friend.” Kyungsoo replied his eyes tinted with sadness, casting downwards and staring at the black screen of his phone. Jongin took a huge breath before blabbering on.

“Look, I’m really sorry for ignoring you and shouting you and god; I’m a ing for making you sad and you probably cried from what I heard from Luhan. If I could only have been braver, you know, like superman, I could have said sorry ages ago. But yeah… I sound like a retard now but um…sorry?”

Kyungsoo look bewildered for a second, his usual big eyes going even bigger before a wide grin broke out, Jongin thought for a second he look like a five year old child and oh holy crap, it was cute.

“I’m sorry for not being more understanding; I should have known you were angry at your father and all other things.”

“You shouldn’t be the one saying sorry! Let’s just move on, right?” Jongin smiled widely yet he somehow wished he was at a Korean drama, where Kyungsoo would kiss him to stop him bl-

What the did he just think?

Jongin shook his head to get rid of the thought, clearing his voice and continuing to smile at Kyungsoo who took his hands and led him outside.

And there goes his stomach doing flips and his cheeks getting a tad bit too red for his liking. But, anyone should get like this if they ever touch Kyungsoo’s soft hands and his smile that lights up not only the whole world but even the ing galaxies.

“I’m guessing you guys made up. About time, you aren’t even a couple and are already fighting for three days; I’m worried what happens if you two became a real couple.” Sehun casually observed sipping his coke before turning back to his TV missing the glare that fled across his way.

Spend more time with Kyungsoo

The simple thought suddenly jumped across Jongin’s (measly) brain remembering him of the doctor’s advice and glancing at Kyungsoo who was now happily humming and swaying those hips of his around the kitchen.

“Kyungsoo?” The said boy looked back; face tilting cutely and holding a spoon in one hand and a baby blue apron wrapped around his petit waist.

“Hmm?” Kyungsoo hummed, getting some jam from the cupboard and spreading it round the toast he made.

“Are you going to work now?”

“Yeah, why?” Kyungsoo asked, half-munching on his toast and offering a toast which the younger declined, having eaten breakfast at seven in the morning before going  with Luhan and Sehun. Then at eight, he unexpectedly had to go to the doctor. It was nine now hence it was about the time Kyungsoo would go and what other way to bond than to go to work with him.

“Can I come with you? It’s for er… work experience.” Jongin lied, gulping the water down and staring pleadingly at Kyungsoo.

“Sure! It would be great to have you there as well!” Kyungsoo chuckled, tossing the plate in the sink and nudging Jongin to the door.

“Where you guys heading?” Luhan shouted from the living room only hearing the door slam on him.

“God, you give them a place to live, they turn bloody spoilt on you.”

The two on the other side in the elevator, laughed imagining Luhan’s insulted face and continuing to walk towards Kyungsoo’s café where he worked. The two comfortably walked in the cold frosty morning, the snow set with footprints around and the two was fairly happy, walking with each other side by side.

Jongin spotted Kyungsoo’s café, he had been there a couple of times and he could just imagine the food that he had; he would probably give anything to taste those heavenly food.

“Heya, I brought Jongin as well today!” Kyungsoo shouted to the currently close café, watching as six heads swivelled around, throwing a bunch of ‘heya’s at Jongin. Xiumin and Baekhyun, the chefs were currently holding boxes of fruits, slightly nodding and smiling at Jongin.

Chen, Joonmyeon and Chanyeol were setting the plates waving at Jongin before resuming back to their work and there was another small figure helping it set up turning out to be… Yixing?

“Yixing, what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked, hugging Yixing.

“I’m not studying today so I’m helping Joonmyeon out since I had nothing better to do.” Yixing smiled, showing his dimples and motioning his eyes at Joonmyeon who was busy setting the chairs the right way round.

“Ahh… It’s great to see you! You have been hanging out with Joonmyeon too much these days, Yixing.” Kyungsoo whispered earning a light slap from the blushing Yixing.

“We’re just friends.” Yixing mumbled, watching Joonmyeon storing the unneeded cutlery away and fixing that little box that all the waiter were currently wearing.

Kyungsoo just scoffed at the loving gaze Yixing was sending, instead focusing on getting his apron on and his chef hat resting on his head as Xiumin ordered him to get more berries for the strawberry tart.

“Get me the box of apples as well!” Baekhyun called out, walking back to the kitchen to resume cutting it for his apple pie.

“Got it!” Kyungsoo shouted out trying to jiggle two boxes when he suddenly felt someone tug one of the boxes out of his hand. He looked over the box spotting the fluff of brown locks and tanned skin, grinning and walking away silently.

“Thanks Jongin.” Kyungsoo mumbled, feeling a bit weirded out by his stomach, ignoring it before walking away with his box of apples.

The three chefs began to work seriously ignoring the other five much to Jongin’s displeasure since this was a day spent to ‘bond’ with Kyungsoo which might make him find out what this feelings and stomach flips actually mean. He was tired of Sehun always and shouting at how he was stupid and whatnot.

He looked towards Yixing who was cheerfully chatting with Joonmyeon and Jongin wondered whether the two were going out or not. They just seem too close but maybe Jongin was a bit envious.

Kyungsoo should have been next to him talking with him and basically bonding.

“Dude, why are you sulking?” Chanyeol slide in with Chen, grinning at the latter’s dark face.

“Nothing.”

“Jealous because I got Baekhyun and you haven’t?” Chanyeol suggested earning a what-the-hell look from the shorter beside him.

“Yes, of course I’m jealous.” Jongin sarcastically commented, rolling his eyes when Chanyeol exaggeratedly gasped in a dramatic way.

“Idiots, I would have been happier at home with laptop on my lap and Xiumin around my arm.” Chen muttered, slapping the back of Chanyeol’s head.

“But really, what’s the problem?” Chanyeol asked after laughing at his own joke and urging Jongin to tell him.

“I just want to bond with Kyungsoo but here I am, sitting down with you guys.”

“Well, sorry if I’m not Kyungsoo, okay? Not everyone has a perky like him.” Chen grumbled, sending a flying kiss at Xiumin making the other around him fake-gag.

“You will get some time later but for now; let the love doctor give you some advice.” Chanyeol cleared his voice making it lover and sending suggestive winks towards the scarred Jongin.

“Hey, what have you done in your life that could possible show you at least have a brain in that pea-size mind of yours.” Chen joked, slapping Chanyeol’s shoulder and watching as Chanyeol tugged his lips into a sly smile.

“Who’s owned a summer house as well as a mansion in Japan?” Chen sighed as Chanyeol began questioned him.

“You.”

“Whose has lots of money loaded in his bank?”

“You.”

“Who’s got an earlier boyfriend?”

“You.”

“So… what have you done in your life, Chen?” Chanyeol smirked relaxing back to his seat and sipping his juice just to burst it out a second later when he heard Chen’s reply.

“I run a gay blog.” Chen nonchalantly spoke, laughing at the mess Chanyeol had made in the table.

“Chanyeol; nil. Chen;14.” Chen fist-pumped making the taller wrestled him on the sofa, laughing and shouting like a bunch of kinder gardeners and blatantly ignoring the sobbing tanned boy opposite him.

“I need a therapist.” Jongin muttered, walking away from the two morons who were now cleaning up Chanyeol’s mess after they had been scolded by Xiumin. And no one really wants to get any of the chefs mad.

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

HEYA. I have been MIA lately but here's an update after the lovely contribution you had to make this story featured! I absolutely love you guys so I try to add this chapter today! I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Obviously, I won't be that fast with Kaisoo's relationship and another question that was asked was whether the doctor will be making a cameo and the answer is yes, he is!

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now!

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~