Chapter 5.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

Kyungsoo always deemed himself as straight; it was just a coincidence his friends were gay for each other. He couldn’t really change someone’s love for each other (he wasn’t a cupid who will shoot people in the or something). However one thing he doesn’t like it being accused of being gay.

Like the current situation that was happening. He didn’t know what Sehun meant till he figured it out five minutes later of standing like a lunatic with his usual confused face on.

“We went together doesn’t mean we went on a date!” Kyungsoo shouted, defending himself (and Jongin) whilst flying his spit onto Sehun’s face accidentally in anger. How lovely.

Denial and next time try not to spit. Your breath stinks!” Sehun retorted wiping the excess skin furiously.

“Say one more word and your mouth will be stuck to the freezer.” Threatening, Kyungsoo kicked Sehun who fell from the couch proceeding to land face first on the cold tile floor.

“Ow! My face! My handsome face!” Luhan chuckled seeing the frantic Sehun rushed to the mirror to check if anything was damaged from his precious face. Clearly, Kyungsoo wanted Sehun’s whole body to be damaged but fate wouldn’t let him.

“Heya Jongin!” Luhan greeted the latter who stomped through the hallway slamming the door out the way out.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo ran out to see an empty corridor, his shoulder slumping and his brows knitted together in a confused expression

“What happen to him?” Luhan questioned Kyungsoo from the door outside, his face latched with worry as well.

“Don’t know…” Kyungsoo whispered closing the door back. It was the first time seeing Jongin act like that, it was quite… different. Kyungsoo didn’t know why but he didn’t want Jongin to be like that. Where did the awkward, loving guy go?

Kyungsoo’s thoughts cut short when Sehun came out the kitchen grunting in discomfort.

“Luhan, massage my head please?” Luhan only nodded looking back at Kyungsoo who silently went back to his and Jongin’s shared bedroom.

“Something wrong?” Sehun who hadn’t witnessed the whole scene asked noticing the quiet atmosphere.

“No. Nothing’s wrong.”


It was late at night when Kyungsoo woke up with a start hearing the ever so light door close as quietly as possible. He had been trying to stay awake in case Jongin came by but he realized he dozed off by the current state he was in.

He suddenly recognizes the intruder when the figure moved past in the lightless room.

“Jongin-ah?”

“.” Kyungsoo switched the bed lamp on sitting up in surprise when he noticed the dripping wet Jongin looking like a deer caught in the headlight.

“What time is it? Why are you soaking wet? Where did you go? Do you know how worried I was? Why the hell would you leave without telling us?” Kyungsoo shouted getting up to where Jongin was crouching, pulling the latter into a tight hug, his worries lifted from his shoulders.

“S-Sorry.” Jongin could only chatter, the freezing coldness biting on his skin. Kyungsoo pulled away quickly trying to find warm clothes for Jongin, hysterically getting jumpers and trousers.

“Go change quickly!” Kyungsoo pushed Jongin to the nearest bathroom then rushing to the kitchen to make hot chocolate for Jongin. He knew Jongin would be freezing cold; letting him sleep like that would do no good to the younger’s health.

He heard the kitchen door open revealing Jongin who was puffed off in the warm jumper and his chatter was gone now much to Kyungsoo’s pleasure. Placing the warm, steaming hot chocolate mug on the table, he watched the latter steadily drink the content.

“Stupid.”

“Sorry.” No more words were uttered; it was like no more words were needed to say. Kyungsoo knew whatever problems Jongin had would be shared to him if Jongin wanted to.

“I just got… problems.” Jongin mumbled moments later wiping his mouth clean. He loved the hot chocolate Kyungsoo made. Yes, he honestly didn’t preferred sweet things but somehow, Kyungsoo was an exception. He had always been one.

“I can see that. You really had me worried, Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo tut dispensing the mug and putting it back.

“Sorry.” Jongin repeated for the third time, guiltily hanging his head low. He shouldn’t have done that, he knew but the sudden anger just covered his common sense. Kyungsoo on the other hand couldn’t stand how Jongin was near to tears hurriedly ruffling Jongin’s hair.

“Stop saying sorry. I know you are sorry, Jongin-ah. Just don’t ever do that okay?”

“Okay.” Jongin softly replied snuggling on his bed. Kyungsoo thought for a while, hesitating to do so however when he heard Jongin chattered, he instantly made his way over, climbing on top and snuggling the shocked Jongin next to him.

“W-What a-are you d-doing?” Jongin stuttered. He didn’t know whether it was from the cold or from embarrassment though.

“You will get a cold if I don’t do this stupid.” Kyungsoo answered, his eyes closed enjoying the warmth Jongin gave. Jongin stared at the ceiling in discomfiture however he didn’t know when but he slowly felt drowsy by the soft breaths Kyungsoo emitted and the last thing he thought he heard was:

“Good night, Jongin-ah.”


The light shot across Kyungsoo’s eyes making the latter’s sleeping eyes wide open. He moved around confused at the new surroundings before thinking back to last night and his face ceased again with worry when Jongin was nowhere in sight.

“That kid is going to be the death of me.” Kyungsoo muttered hopping out the bed and peeping out the room to find Jongin happily cooking breakfast dancing to gee by SNSD quite… retardly.

“Well this is a surprise…” Kyungsoo laughed at Jongin who turned around in jolt, gulping in humiliation before pouting, his cheeks flaring red. He had a pink apron on and his was waggling humming to the tune, the bacon frying away in the pan.

“You didn’t saw that, did you?” Jongin’s closed an eye, hoping his hyung didn’t saw that.

“I’m afraid I did.”

“I just wanted to cook some breakfast as a thank-you and this is what I get?” Jongin complained but Kyungsoo could see the smile tugging on his lip. Jongin sighed putting the plate of bacon and eggs (“Are you trying to make me eat Baekhyun and Chanyeol?”), watching Kyungsoo eating the first bite.

“So…how is it?” Jongin was never the cook during his childhood or now. The best he could do was ramen, cup noodle ramen that is. The last time he baked was when he was in a cooking lesson.

The instructor didn’t let him in after the first lesson.

“It’s really good!” Kyungsoo complimented his mouth full. He continued to wolf down the plate making Jongin happy he succeeded in cooking once. The door swung open to a bright and cheerful Sehun who looked hyper and on crack. Not as much as Chanyeol though.

“Yo! Oh! Bacon!” Sehun popped in grabbing the bacon and eating it before choking.

“Arghh! So salty!” Sehun tried to scrap the food of his mouth rinsing it with water and spitting it out in disgust. He loathed the plate, eyes narrowing with hate.

“What? It’s tasty!” Kyungsoo defended shoving another piece into his mouth. Jongin took one himself spitting it all over the table, face scrunching in disgust.

“It is salty! How can you eat that hyung!” Jongin asked baffled at the clean plate.

“Well you know those that love each other won’t find any flaw in anything their lovers do.” Luhan’s voice ranged through the kitchen smirking together with Sehun leaving the other two with pink cheeks and protests going on.

“By the way, my parents are coming tomorrow. Won’t it be great fun! They were so nice accepting Luhan as my boyfriend and apparently they are buying us gifts!” Sehun squealed not noticing the dark expression Jongin’s face wore.

“We can make loads of food for them, you can invite yours Kyungsoo! Kimbap and Kimchi!” Sehun drooled jolting awake when Jongin slapped his hands down, his hair cascading his face.

“Let’s not talk about this can we?” Luhan gazed at Jongin noting the anger in his eyes.

“Why not? You jealous your parent’s won’t give you gifts?” Sehun teased clasping his hands in glee. Luhan could sense something was wrong, feeling his boyfriend was an idiot from what he had said.

“Stupid, stupid .” Luhan muttered quickly stepping away in shock when an arm threw in grabbing Sehun’s collar. The thing next made them all surprised; Jongin had punched Sehun in the cheeks sending the younger a bruise.

The younger wasn’t going to give up though.

“What the Jongin!” Sehun screamed struggling away from Jongin’s grasp as the latter boar his eyes into Sehun, red with anger. Kyungsoo gasped in horror, dashing in to separate the two who were fighting.

“Shut up about your parents!” Jongin screeched kicking and screaming against Kyungsoo’s hold.

“Why? You’re jealous, you bastard! I know you don’t like your parents but dude, it was a ing joke!” Sehun retorted his hands behind and clasped by Luhan who was shouting stop it every now and then.

“Well, your parent . Oops, sorry. That was a joke too.” Kyungsoo cringed knowing it had hit Sehun’s nerve. Sehun always didn’t like when one made fun of his family and Jongin’s was no exception.

“You bastard!” Sehun punched Jongin, pulling away from Luhan and gripping Jongin’s shirt pulling them both down. They kicked each other momentarily forgetting the other two who were trying to pull them away from each other.

“Stop it you two!” Kyungsoo pleaded getting scratched in the process, the blood seeping out. He winced in pain, covering it with his other hand to try and stop it.

“WILL YOU BOTH ING STOP IT!” Luhan roared thundering the apartment and making the two gawked at the small hyung in surprise.

“What are you, ing five year old? You Kim Jongin had no right to lash at someone and you Oh Sehun had no right to fight back. Get out!” Luhan continued tending Kyungsoo’s bleeding scratch. It didn’t look fatal but the amount of blood that was coming out needed to be treated.

“Your arm! Sorry Kyungsoo hyung.” The two said in unison glaring at each other as they spoke. The glare wasn’t unseen by Luhan who was beyond pissed at the childish behaviour they were still showing.

“I don’t want to hear your petty sorry. When I said get out, I mean GET OUT!” Luhan bellowed, the two scampering off from Luhan’s wrath.

“Are you okay?” Luhan turned back looking at the red b skin. Kyungsoo smiled in pain whispering it’s okay and putting the sore arm down. He didn’t know what on earth happened; it was like a blur, one moment all of them were laughing and the next; two fighting each other on the floor.

“This might hurt.” Luhan quietly said applying cream on Kyungsoo as the latter flinched at the coldness. Wrapping a plaster, Luhan packed the first aid kit whilst Kyungsoo stood up going to Jongin’s room.

He was looking for his phone, planning to call the two. He knew the two weren’t like this; something must have triggered it. Kyungsoo knew he should have left the two and make them deserve the punishment but something in his heart told that there was something deeper in the fight.

Just then a phone ranged a text tone and Kyungsoo knew it wasn’t his. He spotted a phone lying on Jongin’s bed with an alert message on it but what Kyungsoo saw made his hands clenched with fury.

‘Wow. Such a pathetic dancer dream you have. Feel disgusted calling you my son.’

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Sorry for not updating. I was too caught up with the other one XD. Sorry if this was too dramatic but had to made the plot progress XD.

Please subscribe and comment!