Chapter 23.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

The first thing Jongin saw when he woke up was a fluffy mop of brown hair, scuffed up from tossing and turning in the bed. Yawning, the younger got up, tousling his hair before regaining his memory from yesterday, failed and quite horrible night.

Not only was he half the time helping the brat Chanyeol, he practically only saw the back of Kyungsoo’s head throughout the whole day which literally meant no bonding time at all.

He was running around the café being the temporary waiter alongside Yixing and he had to admit, he was quite popular with the ladies. They either love the shy Yixing or the cool and suave Jongin.

And yes; he just called himself cool and suave.

Laughing at the jealous, so-not-in-love Joonmyeon’s expression, he also remembered how Joonmyeon was fuming and slamming the plates down on the guests in the café. He was that obvious and Jongin only pitied since Yixing was the most oblivious person he had ever met.

It didn’t help when he speaks like a polite businessman with ten years’ experience or something.

Looking at the bundle of blankets covering his hyung’s body, Jongin lightly tap the older’s head, earning a massive fit of cough in response.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Jongin worriedly examined, gently lifting the smaller and looking at a pale looking and sweaty Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo waved his hands off, smiling tiredly, “I’m fine, Jongin-ah.” He croaked out, slowly getting up and making his way to the bathroom only to be stopped by Jongin.

“I don’t really think you should go to work today.” Jongin murmured, not liking how sick Kyungsoo look but he knew Kyungsoo wasn’t going to listen to him anyways. He tried, at least.

“I’m fine, Jongin. Just a little headache I can handle. Now, go away before you get no breakfast.” Kyungsoo threatened, hoping off to the bathroom leaving Jongin alone.

“Can that count as a bond?” Jongin muttered to himself, exiting their shared bedroom and entering the kitchen only to spot Sehun munching on the last toast.

That greedy piece of .

“How could you not save my toast? There was four left last night, you pig.” Sehun shrugged at Jongin’s accusation, gulping down the last bite and waving his spoon around in delight.

“Still doesn’t change the fact you don’t have any toast.” Sehun chuckled, earning a slap from Luhan who was behind him.

“I can’t believe you ate three. I had one and I’m full, Sehun.” Luhan sighed; ruffling the younger’s hair before fixing his tie and addressing to the two boys that were bickering again. “You boys better behave whilst Kyungsoo and I go to work; I’ll be back in a hour just because I have this stupid meeting to attend so please. Don’t set fire to the kitchen.”

“Aye, aye, captain.” Sehun joked, winking at his lover and pecking him before Luhan left for work.

“Looks like it’s just you and me, Jongin.”

Jongin snorted, “Don’t sound like you’re in a horror movie, you wouldn’t even last a second.”

“You want a bet?” Sehun got up, waving goodbye to Kyungsoo who just nodded and patted Jongin’s head before leaving the two as well.

Jongin carefully looked at Kyungsoo state which was fairly good considering Kyungsoo was still standing but he did kind of wish Kyungsoo stayed, and then he probably wouldn’t have to deal with this brat.

“Yep, let’s watch Women in Black, heard its one of the scariest released in 2012.” Jongin sniggered, reliving the shiver that Sehun had. He had seen it before, it wasn’t that scary –like any hundreds of movies he had watched anyway- and he wouldn’t mind watching it again.

“Can’t be watch the devil inside instead?” Sehun argued, heading towards the TV and changing the channels to the horror section.

“No, its crap and unless you’re scared, I don’t see why not, especially when it is airing right now in three different channels.” Jongin pointed at the listed channel each showcasing the same movie, he knew it would be on today and plus; it’s been a long time since he got revenge for the prank Sehun had put.

He didn’t prefer being hooked up in a blind date that Sehun had ‘kindly’ gotten him only turning out to be the science teacher.

Let’s just say science was never the same again.

“Fine, let me get the popcorn though.” Sehun mumbled, leaving and returning with a bowl of popcorn five minutes later in which Jongin was comfortably making himself cosy on one of the sofa, Sehun taking the other and the bowl in between them.

The film started off, Jongin casually munching on the popcorn, careful not to laugh at the cushion barrier Sehun had up. Twenty minutes past and Jongin was dying.

Not from the movie but from Sehun hyperventilation and it wasn’t even the scariest part yet. But it was coming any time soon and Jongin was prepared to scare the out of Sehun, payback from three years ago and Jongin can be one hell of a grudge holder.

The room was filled with intense noises and Jongin did feel the chills once in a while, but it left when he turned too looked at Sehun who was about to pissed himself off.

“Sehun.”

“W-W-WH-WHAT.”

“Nothing, are you scared?” Jongin grinned in the dark like a Cheshire, patting Sehun’s head which was damp with sweat.

“N-N-No.”

“Your voice begs to differ.” Sehun glared in the pitch black room since Jongin had ‘suggested’ turning the lights off for dramatic effects.

“I’m just cold.”

“Your head begs to differ then.” Jongin chuckled, absolutely loving the state Sehun was in.

“S-Shut u-up.” Jongin closed his mouth not because he was obeying (Jongin never obeys, with the exception of Luhan and Kyungsoo who are scary beasts when angered) but because the scariest point was about to come, he glee at the thought and quietly got his phone out for recording, slipped in his cushion and slowly counted down from ten to one, looking at the front door all the while.

“Three…two…one.”

“Sehun, I-”

“, PLEASE DON’T KILL ME. I LOVE YOU. TELL LUHAN I LOVE HIM TOO.” Sehun screamed completely destroying the cushion barrier and hiding behind the couch with only Jongin’s maniac laughing to be heard by a utterly confused Luhan.

“What?” He stared at the TV, finally understanding what had happened and sent a glare towards the hysterically laughing Jongin.

Luhan rolled his eyes, urging the frightened Sehun out, “It’s just me, Sehun. Next time, try to avoid watching horror movies with Jongin.”

“You stupid idiot, you planned this, didn’t you?” Sehun jumped on Jongin stomach, the latter ignoring since he was still pissing himself off.

“You, oh my god, you really should have seen your own face. Classic.” Jongin laughed with tears trailing on his face, “Payback from three years ago.” He continued, replaying Sehun’s scream on the recording.

The two continued to wrestle, taking no notice of the oldest since one was trying to delete the recording whilst the other looked as happy as a kid on sugar.

After they had tidied the room under Luhan’s critism since the sofa was clawed by Sehun (“Sharp nails, you got a manicure, Sehun?) and the popcorn was everywhere courtesy of Sehun when he screamed like a baby girl according to Jongin’s view.

“One hour, I left you for one freaking hour.” Luhan shouted at the two once they both calmed down after another hour, Sehun from shivering and Jongin from laughing.

“I think we know our time.” Jongin commented, sipping out his coke and trying not to let Sehun’s murderous glare affect him.

“No horror movies, that goes to the both of you.”

“Bu-”

“N-O spells no, Jongin.”

“Of course it does, haven’t you been learning your spellings?” Jongin quickly fled away from Luhan’s hands which were probably trying to kill him and what not, Sehun only chasing him and joining in.

“Get back here, you rascal!” Luhan shouted banging the door, simply to stopped when the house phone rang as all three gathered, waiting for Luhan to take in the phone call, it was quite unusual for the home telephone to be rang since they all had their own phones.

“Hello?”

“WHERE ARE YOUR ING  PHONES?” Luhan strayed away from the telephone, face scrunching in disgust and ears still ringing over the immense shout he just heard. It was Xiumin and knowing the older, he really was the one for shouting

“I left it on the living room but I was in the kitchen so sorry if I didn’t pick up your phone.”

“What is it doing in the living room, humping the damn table?” Luhan cringed at how Xiumin sounded like his mum.

Sehun nudged Luhan to carry on talking, listening into the conversation and Jongin having a gut feeling it was to do with Kyungsoo.

“Come get Kyungsoo, he’s having a bloody fever, that kid and although I want to take care of my baby, I can’t let these fools take care of my café.”

Bingo.

Jongin started to slip his shoes on quickly, faintly hearing protests coming from the other staffs around Xiumin. He waved Sehun and Luhan goodbye as he headed out leaving the two.

“Jongin’s on his way.”

“Oh, it’s always their boyfriend who comes pick them up. I need to go now so bye and next time, always remember to have your phone by your side.”

That was the last Jongin heard -ignoring the boyfriend part- before he completely got out of hearing zone, locking the door and rushing out to get his dear Kyungsoo. He never actually used his driving license so thank god the café was quite near. After fumbling on the parking spot, Jongin got out dashing in the café where Kyungsoo was being pampered by practically everyone, even the guests.

“Kyungsoo, I told you that you shouldn’t have gone to work.” Kyungsoo weakly smiled, eyes slightly widening when Jongin got down, his back facing Kyungsoo.

“Get on my back; I don’t want you walking where you are in this state.” Kyungsoo blushed in embarrassment before being forced onto by Chanyeol who was considerably taller and stronger than the younger.

Jongin lightly got up, careful not to jostle Kyungsoo and bowed slightly at the people surrounding them before taking slow steps outside into his car.

“Sorry you had to come; Joonmyeon was off duty so I couldn’t get him to take Kyungsoo.”

“No worries, I should get going though. We got some cough medicine at home and Luhan might want to cook Kyungsoo something.” Jongin bid farewell as the rest watch his car drove away.

The staff resumed their business and the guests began eating again, surprising themselves when the door slammed opened by a fairly tall girl with far too many makeup that look like she was a clown as her past job.

“How may I help you?” Chen offered despite hating girls who acted like this. Chanyeol, the only other waiter was too busy attending the other guests so it had to be him.

“You should probably clean that door; didn’t that sick guy touch it or something?”

“Oh, we will be glad if you clean it for us; I’m guessing… that is your job, right?” Chen curtly retorted, smirking a bit at the insulted face the girl had on. No one insults their Kyungsoo, no one.

“I’m not here to get insulted a-”

“Get out if you don’t want to then.” Chen interrupted, rolling his eyes at the girl’s idiocy.

“I don’t think waiters should act like this.” The girl smugly huffed, her face up high and confident only making Chen look at her big flared up nose.

“Oh no worries, I only act like this to es.”

“Argh, just answer me one thing, brat. Is a guy name Suho here or not?” Chen stared at her confusedly, shaking his head,

“We have no Suho here.”

“Fine, all the better for me to get the hell out of here.” She walked off, swishing her fat hips.

“Bye! Have a good day, noona! Or should I call you ahjumma?” Chen turned his back walking off, smiling to himself when he heard the women’s protests. He raised his brows confusedly at the women's question, shurgging and laughing to himself.

“Huh? Like we have a Suho working here. Doesn't that mean guardian or something? Crazy women.” 

 


 

{♥ Author's Note}

School's closed here in UK so here's another update. I am in a boarding  school but they had a seperate building for teaching and the snow made the heater stopped working somehow. XD, so here I am having Monday and Tuesday off. I won't update till next saturday though.

A bit of a detour here but yeah, this chapter's more of the Sekai brotp.

Anyways lovelies, chao!

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~