Chapter 18.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

“Yixing, how are you today?” Kyungsoo casually asked, placing a shoulder on Yixing as the latter smiled in return, giving the younger a thumbs up before placing the drinks on the table.

“Here’s your cokes and one orange juice for Luhan.” Yixing informed, smiling at the guests. Kyungsoo patted the seat next to him, the latter not having a heart to say no sat down, making himself comfortable.

“So, how are you doing at university Yixing?” Kyungsoo started off, sipping on his coke and smiling in mischief at Yixing. Oh, he definitely noticed the glares shooting from a certain midget.

“Everything’s fine! We just started going onto the next level where we learn more complicated moves as well as how to coordinate two different dance genres such as ballet and street dance. It was quite hard but I am getting the hang of it now. I just have to find the right piece of music and I’ll be done with my project. It is quite important since its solo so I have to work extra hard to showcase my performance.”

Yixing continued gushed about his love but Kyungsoo was paying more attention to the glares and hisses Joonmyeon was showing him. The narrowed eyes and gritted teeth really made Kyungsoo want to laugh out there and then.  He didn’t know something so small could make that ert jealous.

Oh, the fun he’ll have.

He didn’t notice how there was another person glaring as well making it awkward the only couple as they continued stare at the whole scene. Unlike Kyungsoo, they had also noticed Jongin muttering like a madman, gripping the couch and glaring at Yixing. Even if Yixing was all innocent in this dilemma.

“God, the cold stares are creepy, it’s even creepier than the time Kris’s alpaca got ripped.” Sehun whispered to Luhan who was busy being the only one with the orange juice. He said it was because coke would ruin his complexion.

Kyungsoo tried hard not to scoff.

“Just watch, its actually quite fun. I think we succeeded in corrupting Kyungsoo and making him think of stupid plans.” Sehun and Luhan realised what Kyungsoo was doing and Sehun was intending on stopping only to be forced to watch by Luhan who was thinking this whole thing was a tad too amusing.

“Guys!” A low voice broke off, as the six looked up to see Yixing’s parents; Yixing cringing because it seemed what they were holding were photo books.

Which meant; photo showing time.

“I wanted to share these childhood photos of Yixing!” His mum exclaimed, shoving the photo book of Yixing onto Kyungsoo lap as the rest gather around in futile attempt to take a look at Yixing. Yixing who was next to Kyungsoo was wedged and he didn’t like it one bit.

“Oh, look how fluffy and cute Yixing baby is!” Kyungsoo cooed, a baby was cradled by Yixing’s mum who looked a decade younger, with her eyes crinkling tiredly and her dimples showing. Standing next to him seemed to be a buff man Kyungsoo assumed was Yixing’s father.

“Look at this, chubby!” Luhan squealed at a picture where Yixing was in kinder garden,  his cheeks was squishy and he looked quite chubby in contrast to now.

“Ha, look at this badass.” Jongin said, pointing at Yixing where he looked older in the picture, his hands in a lopsided L-sigh on his chin. He had slimmed down by then, his dimple prominent.

“Who’s this?” Yixing and Joonmyeon who was gulping his coke looked over, eyes widening slightly before looking at Yixing expectantly.

“He was my best friend, Suho.” Yixing murmured, gazing softly at the picture of two young boys, both smiling widely, one toothless at the front as they both did peace signs, laugh evident on their faces.

“You seemed extra close.”

“Duh, that is his best friend.” Yixing just smiled gently, flipping the next page to avoid any more question but the next picture was something he wasn’t actually prepared.

“Oh my god, is that you cross-dressing?!” Kyungsoo screeched, laughing at the short dress Yixing was wearing and the pose he had.

“It was a dare, shut up.” Yixing muttered, blushing crimson red and Kyungsoo seizing the moment managed to head-lock Yixing and ruffled his hair in lovey way.

No, Joonmyeon and of course; Jongin was not please in any way.  Kyungsoo clinging onto and Yixing letting him was like see a from an old man.

“Aww, isn’t our Yixing so cute?” Kyungsoo continued to gush enjoying the looks Joonmyeon were giving him. Yixing unaware jumped onto Kyungsoo, pouting and crossing his arms.

“I am not cute.”

“Your pout begs to differ, yiyi.” Quickly making up a nickname, Kyungsoo proceeded to pinch Yixing’s cheeks.

“Stop!” Joonmyeon suddenly shouted, earning a snicker from the couple and a smirk from Kyungsoo.

“What’s the matter, Joonmyeon?” Kyungsoo innocently asked, patting Yixing’s and eyes gleaming curiously at him.

“Nothing, just had a bit of a shocker seeing this cute pictures.” Kyungsoo knew though Joonmyeon was a smart fellow so it wasn’t a surprise that the sneaky bastard managed to think of a good excuse. Kyungsoo sighed letting go of Yixing and thinking it was enough for the poor soul and for Joonmyeon. He rather not be dead by Joonmyeon’s own hands.

“We better get going now, it’s getting pretty late and I have late shift work.” Joonmyeon yawned, looking at the watch at it strike five in the afternoon.

“So, you guys are definitely coming to the party right?” Yixing’s mum popped up, her phone resting on her ears and shoulders whilst grinning when we all nodded.

“Xiumin and Chen are coming as well mum!” Yixing shouted, only receiving an ‘okay’ from his mum.

“What’s the theme? Formal?”

“Yeah, it is a business party sort of thing.” Yixing informed, smiling at us as we got ready to leave.

“Can’t wait! Christmas day, here we come!” Kyungsoo cheesily exclaimed, only getting soft punches by how greasy he sounded.


 “Guys! Get ready for the party!” Kyungsoo screeched.

It was Christmas day and after a loud alarm waking up, courtesy of Luhan who was more hyper than the kid, judging by the way he tore his presents and screamed when he got the presents he wanted, they all had stayed home, chatting and eating Kyungsoo’s delicious food.

It was now evening and the boys were getting ready for the party, all of them having brought their outfits over the past week since all they literally had were casual clothes which would not exactly fit the party’s description.

“Sehun, where’s my cologne?” Luhan shouted from the bathroom, styling his hair, his fringe push-back and classing an overall chic look.

“Here.” Sehun popped out, handing the cologne to Luhan before heading away to try his suit on. Luhan had a white shirt with black blazer, pants and tie. To make him look chic, he rolled his blazer up and loosened his tie since he didn’t want to be seen overly formal.

Sehun on the other hand had a similar look to Luhan except his colours were a red shirt with light grey attire. His hair was styled messy, supporting a bed hair look whilst he wore discreet eyeliner to give a hint of a bad boy look.

Kyungsoo was being formal, having an outfit consisting of an a black shirt with red blazer, black pants with a red bow finishing it off. Kyungsoo’s hair was style as Sehun but toned down giving him a cuter look. The bow made him look cute much to his displeasure however a certain tanned boy thought it looked adorable on him.

Speaking of the tanned boy, Jongin was quite formal as well, having an all-black outfit except for his tie which was white. His fringe was pushed back like Luhan and had a men necklace hanging off to give his unique look.

“Guys, are you ready?” Luhan shouted, gathering his car keys and wolf-whistling as the three tumble out, each with their own feel to the outfit they wear wearing. Sehun was quite laid back whilst Jongin was formal and cool, ending with Kyungsoo who definitely looked cute.

“Boy, I don’t usually say this much but we are looking hot today.” Luhan giggled, opening the car doors for the three to enter.

“And we don’t on other days?”

“Pretty much.” Luhan replied to Kyungsoo who huffed in mock anger as the three headed off to the party held at Yixing’s house.

The four arrived in half an hour filled with girl songs tuning in the radio in contrast to the clothes they wear wearing.

Boys in formal outifts jiggling and singing along to 2ne1’s songs.

Great sight that will be.

They filed out Luhan’s car, patting their outfit tidy and neat before walking down to the door where Yixing was currently waving and waiting for them.

“Guys, I’m so happy you could make it!” Yixing shouted in glee. He was wearing an all-white outfit with a black tie supporting it which basically was the complete opposite to Jongin.

“Has the others arrived yet?” Kyungsoo asked, giving a thumbs up at Yixing’s ruffled hairstyle.

“Joonmyeon has and he’s there conversing with Kris and Tao. Xiumin and Chen haven’t arrived yet.” Yixing answered, pointing to where Kris and Tao was chatting with Joonmyeon.

“Okay, meet us after you done inviting all the guests!” Sehun said, leaving Yixing and following the others to where Kris, Tao and Joonmyeon were stood.

Kris was wearing grey attire with white shirt whilst Joonmyeon was wearing a rolled up grey blazer with white shirt and black pants. Tao wore the same as Jongin but his tie was red which all in all still complimented his outfit.

“Hey morons!” Kyungsoo greeted them, laughing at the insulted looks they had on.

“Well, thanks for such a lovely nickname.”

“You’re welcome.” Kyungsoo retorted, thanking the waiter who had just given him a glass of cocktail.

“So, what were you guys doing whilst we were away?” Jongin asked at the other three, eyes squinting in confusion when Tao and Kris blushed like cherry tomato with Joonmyeon sniggering.

“Oh, they had lots of fun.”

“Ew, you guys. Don’t tell him that, what else did you do?” Luhan shushed them, not wanting to tell Kyungsoo or Jongin in fear of what they would do the two. They were already sick of listening to Luhan and Sehun’s life, Luhan didn’t think Kyungsoo wanted to hear another one.

“We went shopping!” Tao shouted, clapping his hands in glee and looking up at Kris who merely scoffed.

“You mean, you shop whilst I went bankrupt.” Kris muttered, rolling his eyes when Tao punched him.

“We went to Jeju islands unlike you guys.”

“We heard.” Joonmyeon narrowed his eyes; Kyungsoo figured the latter was still mad from the previous encounter with Yixing. Kyungsoo was guessing Joonmyeon was the possessive type of guy judging by how he was went he had a crush on Kyungsoo.

A crush Kyungsoo was glad to get rid of.

“It was so much fun! I mean, we went lost for a bit and some things happen but the beach was fabulous! Oh and the food, oh my god! It was heaven!” Sehun stated, mentally drooling at the food images that started to pop up in his head.

“Thanks for sharing your loving vacation and making us jealous.” Kris mockingly huffed, crossing his arms and feigning a jealous look.

“Maybe next time we all can go or something.” Kyungsoo suggested, only receiving a hard glared from Kris.

“You think I can by the amount I have to spend on Tao.”

“Hey, Gucci bags are important.” Tao defended, muttering something about Gucci and tall giants.

“How abou-”

“Well, well if it isn’t Kim Jongin?” Jongin froze at the sound of that familiar voice he despised so much. He hated that voice and wished as if the earth would swallow him now. Kyungsoo looked worriedly at Jongin, sensing something was not right.

“How’s life going, my disowned son?”

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Here's an update at midnight on my birthday XD. I had been feeling sick for the past few days but I'm glad I'm okay in time for my birthday. I won't be online for the whole day so sorry if you had any question or something. I'll check every now and then if I can but the birthday party might keep me busy. =3=

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~