Chapter 21.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

“Huh?” Sehun said confusedly, either Jongin had gone mad or he’s so heartbroken over Kyungsoo’s leave that he is about to cry and have a severe heart problems.

Yeah, Sehun’s going for the first option.

“I… need… to go to the docter.” Jongin whispered starting to walk towards the elevator in hopes of figuring out his problems.

“Why?” Luhan intruded, stopping Jongin from going anywhere and looking straight into the younger’s eyes.

“Because I’m feeling ill and there things in my stomach and my face feels flushed.” Jongin explained, lightly pushing Luhan away and getting towards the elevator.

“Stupid, that’s because you are in love. All those damn symptoms are you being in love, Jongin. Embrace the damn love.” Sehun muttered gripping onto Jongin’s shoulder.

“No, you’re being the one whose stupid.” Jongin mumbled, stepping into the elevator and pressing the door to close.

“Fine. Go and look at the doctor, I bet he will say the same thing.” Sehun shouted as the door fully closed, leaving Jongin alone and with questions running through his not-so-smart brain. He was sure he was sick, love should feel different, and it shouldn’t feel queasy, right?

He strolled out the elevator as the door open revealing the bottom floor and as Jongin went out, he squinted when the wind began to blow its cold air of the winter weather. He huddled up in his coat, breathing inside and heading out the building and into the cold and empty streets of a fairly early Seoul morning.

His thought whizzed around as he began setting off to the hospital, leaving him in a confused state, especially over what Sehun had just said.

What Sehun said was wrong.

Totally wrong.

In Jongin’s opinion.

He was feeling the winter weather get to him and he should be fine after some medication, nothing to do with love or any profanities Sehun seemed to say. He was a straight man, going to meet a woman and fell in love with her. Marry her and live a happy life together and it should be that way.

But then; there was this feeling creeping up that suggested Sehun was right and he indeed liked Kyungsoo as much ridiculous as it sounded to Jongin. Yes, Jongin did think Kyungsoo was a lovely, cute, handsome, nice boy who deserved someone in his life but that someone couldn’t possibly be him. He was unfit for Kyungsoo; the latter deserved someone better than him.

Someone who doesn’t have one of the most horrible parents on Earth.

“Jongin-sshi?”

“Yes, Kyungsoo-sshi?”

Jongin remembered that was the time when he first met Kyungsoo, 112 days ago where he was still a homeless loner that was looking for somewhere to live and probably minus the sounds Tao and Kris produced. He could feel his heart flutter as he picked up the pace, hoping to arrive to the hospital.

“Let’s go before he comes back.”

“He isn’t that terrible, Jongin-ah.”

The time where he first saw Kyungsoo smile on someone else, that someone else being the boy name Joonmyeon that he still isn’t too fond of. He couldn’t explain why he was feeling this way since he never felt this way. None on his previous girlfriends and certainly not on his friends. He had asked Sehun, Jongin remembered, the maknae only saying it was jealousy.

Right, jealousy, Jongin scoffed, crossing the road to the town and heading downtown where the hospital was located.

“Just say sorry to Sehun and he will too!”

“It will go okay right?”

“It will go fine as a rainbow.”

Jongin laughed as he thought of the silly fight he had with Sehun, even though, Sehun was harsh saying those thing, it was his fault in a way; Jongin thought it was because of his parents that he acted that way and on the plus side, Sehun never said hurtful comments again which was a good outcome.

But the thing he probably was thankful for the most was how Kyungsoo was with him every step of the way when he was apologizing with Sehun. How he found him, in the library of all places and the assurance he gave him.

Jongin walked faster when he felt his stomach twisted weirdly.

“Ahh, thank you so much!”

“I won the fish stall and looking through the prizes, I thought of you when I chose this!”

“For me?”

The festival. How could Jongin ever forget that, it was the time where he got his first present –a puppy plush- from Kyungsoo which he still kept till now, tucked in his duvet. He loved every bit of it, and was more so happy when he found Kyungsoo’s donut plush on his bed the day before the party.

Oh, the party. Jongin scrunched his face in anger, his first Christmas with the guys was supposed to be special, not horrible with his parents showing up then with the stupid fight with Kyungsoo. Jongin bitterly waited for the traffic lights, kicking the little stone in the sideways.

“You made tea?”

“Don’t act so surprised. I won’t burn the kitchen making some easy tea.”

“You burnt bread in a toaster. There’s every reason to be surprise you handling not one but two cups of hot water.”

“Well. Thanks for such a lovely support but here you go majesty, your cup of tea.”

It might not mean much but Jongin could still remembered Luhan’s fluffed up bed hair and Sehun even more y look that he wore when the couple had rushed to get ready for their vacation. Kyungsoo and he had teamed up and the faces were priceless, Jongin chuckled looking up to find he still had a couple of minutes till he reached the hospital.

He faced down to continue walking but he suddenly felt a force of power sending him stumbling backwards.

“I’m so sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was g-Jongin?” Jongin dusted his coat, looking up to hear his name being called only to find Tao and Kris looking at him with their surprised faces. It wasn’t every day Jongin came out considering he was a lazy .

“Hey.” Jongin mumbled, chattering as the cold weather hit him hard.

“What are you doing here? Tao enquired, tilting his head in confused at the quite sad form Jongin had on today. He usually was a bit more upbeat, but then again, Kyungsoo would have always been there beside him.

“Just going to the hospital for a check-up.” Jongin casually answered digging his chin into his scarf and rolling his eyes at the worried looks.

“Don’t worry, its nothing, just a stomach ache.” Jongin continued, assuring the two as the two breathed a sigh of relief.

“Why didn’t any of the three go with you?” Kris gruffly asked, worried laced in his voice but trying hard not to show it because he was a tough, cool guy who has a liking for stuffed toys.

“Kyungsoo and I aren’t on the most comfortable terms right now.” Jongin replied, eyes casting downwards at the ground.

“Have you been in a fight or something?”

“Kind of, and I brought a present to say sorry but then he like smiled and that’s where my stomach started to feel queasy.”

Jongin stepped back when the two began to manically laugh, clinging onto each other for support and tears streaming down their faces.

“Thanks for the comfort.” Jongin commented sarcastically, stuffing his hands down his pockets and starting to walk past them.

“Stop. We were laughing because you are so stupid.” Jongin just give them a blank look, lips into a straight line because people would usually have said something along the lines of ‘I’m not actually laughing at you’ or something, not because he was apparently stupid.

“I meant what you are feeling are the feelings of love.” Jongin scoffed, it seemed like déjà vu but with Tao replacing Luhan and Kris replacing Sehun.

“Save me the details, Sehun already tried to explain it to me.” Jongin shrugged, a few steps ahead of the two.

“But it’s true. Those are the typical feelings of love.” Tao defended, walking up to Jongin and prodding the younger’s chest.

“Shut up.”

“I’ve been in this country for ten years; I know what I’m talking about.”

“Ten years huh?” Jongin spoke with a shock voice, mocking the way Tao had smugly stated it.

“Yeah, now go back home and confess to Kyungsoo.

“Yeah, yeah but no. I have somewhere to go.” Jongin waved off, leaving the couple and starting to see the hospital in his sight.

“Jongin’s pretty stupid. He’s still in denial mode basically.” Tao shook his head, sending a soft smile towards his boyfriend.

“Kyungsoo’s more stupid. At least, Jongin is beginning to feel more strongly. We have Kyungsoo who doesn’t even know the meaning of love. Plus, I know Jongin would confessed since weren’t you in denial mode as well once?” Kris monotonously said, watching Jongin leave out of their sight.

“Either way, they are going to end up together somehow.” Kris ended leaving hand in hand with Tao who just nodded in agreement.

On the other end, Jongin continued to head towards the hospital, breathing in and releasing clouds of air, the gas making white fog in front of him.

Tao and Kris was wrong, he didn’t like Kyungsoo. Nope, it couldn’t be.

“Fine, let’s not tell each other until we fulfil it, promise?”

“Promise!”

Jongin smiled suddenly when the vacation memory came to his mind, he and Kyungsoo being stranded was a far better thing then to see Luhan and Sehun snogging each other’s mouths off. The cool breeze that night plus the star gazing made Jongin wanted to do it again, though probably not in the middle of the sea.

He still wanted his red underwear.

He began to walk to the entrance of the hospital opening the glassed door and entering in a cosy and warm reception. He walked up to the counter, tapping the desk to get the receptionist who was there when they had first come in.

“How may I help you? And please don’t involve your friends drinking too much bubble tea.” The receptionists asked, making Jongin chuckled at the fond memory where Kyungsoo nearly killed Luhan.

“No, I just wanted a quick check-up since I been feeling this weird feeling in my stomach and my face gets flushed and quite hot.” Jongin explained, watching the receptionists nod and typed in their computer and pointing at the waiting room for Jongin to go and wait for a doctor to be free for five minutes.

Jongin settled down on the chair, picking a magazine and reading it whilst he waits for the speaker to call his name. There were fewer people today since it was still the Christmas sale going on and people were probably be in town or in bed.

“Kim Jongin, please proceed to room 205.” The speaker indicated after ten or so minutes of waiting as the tanned boy made his way to the designated room, knocking before entering coming face to face with a quite young doctor, smiling gently at Jongin.

“Hello, Mr. Kim.” The doctor greeted, bowing his head as Jongin bowed before sitting on the patient’s seat.

“So the receptionists send in that you feel queasy in your stomach and have a red face from time to time?” The doctor informed, looking at Jongin for confirmation before continuing, “May I ask when it started?”

“It happens from time to time. See, I live with my friend, Kyungsoo and two others guys and sometimes, I just feel this queasy feeling every time me and this guy called Kyungsoo bond.” Jongin carefully explained, trying not to give a weird impersonation to the doctor.

“And you really don’t know what it is?” The doctor chuckled, typing something on his computer and sending it off.

“No, not a clue. I never felt this way so I don’t know what’s happening.” Jongin muttered, suddenly embarrassed by his peculiar situation.

“Well, I know that you don’t have any serious problem now but I think you will figure it out yourself if you spend more time with Kyungsoo and make sure to note how this Kyungsoo guy is responding as well.” The doctor smiled, crinkling his eyes and making Jongin feel at ease.

But what did the doctor meant by taking a note on Kyungsoo?

Eh, Jongin will figure out anyways.

“Thank you, doctor-sshi.” Jongin bowed again, leaving the room and as the doctor heard the room shut fully, he got his phone out, swiping it to dial a number.

“Hello?” Someone on the other line spoke timidly making the doctor grin over how the boy at the other line hadn’t changed since high school.

“Kyungsoo? Missed me?”

“Oh you ! After three months and then you call me?”

“Yeah. Anyway, do you have a new roommate call Jongin?” He heard the other gasp in shock, confirming his thoughts.

“Yup, how do you know? Have you gone back to your stalking skills that you taught Sehun and Kris?”

“No. I just wanted to say congratulations.”

“For what?”

“Oh, you’ll just find out for yourself in a weeks or two’s time.”

“What the are you saying?”

“Anyway, got to go, new patient coming in.” The doctor excused himself, laughing when he heard Kyungsoo's shouts.

“Wait, Lim Hy-” The doctor hanged up before Kyungsoo had a chance to finish, spotting the receptionist amusedly watching him from the door that was left wide opened.

“Why didn’t you tell the kid that all he was feeling was love?” The doctor smiled, his eyes in slit lines, and laughing a bit before responding.

“Love isn’t going to have a short cut. It’s best if they figure that out themselves.”

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

OKAY. It was pretty easy to guess and I really under-estimated you guys. Next guest shall be harder, mwahaha. RLAB.

The italic convo's are the ones held in previous chappies. They are not in chapter order though. =)

Anyway, Kaisoo is developing and more plot to progress. You still have to wait for Sulay's thought, lol. Just because.

I love you all! I updated since this is the last update before next week since I'll be doing a dance competition on Sunday and Saturday is dance practice. So Yeah, hope you are happy!

For those who don't know yet, please look at a two-shot fanfic! It is an angst and action~

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~