Chapter 26.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

“Play it again.” Jongin repeated for the nth time, getting ready for his position as Yixing worriedly press the button again, glancing at the sweaty and beet-root face Jongin. He knew the younger was working hard but even with his dense brain, Yixing could see the hot forehead and the sneezes that were too loud to even miss. Jongin had a cold and being a stubborn fool, he seemed to forget it as he danced again.

And again.

And again.

“Don’t you think you should call it a day and sleep now?” Yixing murmured softly, his head drooping low when Jongin shook his head, whispering he’s fine and with a slight wobble ran through his routine again.

“I know this assessment means a lot but you can’t hide the fact that you have got a bloody cold, Jongin and the last thing you need is for you to faint in the actual assessment so I’m advising you Jongin-ah, please listen to your hyung and rest a bit, won’t you?” Yixing continued, trying to get the younger’s attention and make it rest because to be honest; it ache him to see Jongin trying so hard since it made him remembered once when he tried too hard back then an-

Yixing shivered at the distant bitter memory, blinking to focus on Jongin who gazed at him with a slight chuckle.

Jongin smiled reassuringly, though it just made the latter worry more, “Don’t worry chingu, and remember! Only four months!” He laughed albeit tired and exhausted, “I’ll be fine.”

“For god sake, you have a cold and a fever on top, I demand you to rest, Kim Jongin!” Jongin blinked at Yixing, bursting into laughter since it just made Yixing looked cute, with his trying to be angry face and it reminded him of his hyung, that little bundle of cute fluffiness and how he wants to squish those chubby cheeks and probably ki-

“Stop!” Jongin shouted making Yixing tilt his head in confusion at Jongin’s sudden outburst, glaring at the taller, misunderstanding that the statement wasn't even meant for him.

He huffed before responding, “Don’t you say ‘stop’ to me young man. When I tell you to rest, that is not a question, it is a order I want you to do.”

“God, you sound like a nagging mum.” Jongin sighed, his smile betraying his act; it kind of felt good when there was someone nagging and taking care of him. He liked that; it maybe was a bit annoying but hell; he never even had that feeling in his life.

Yixing slapped Jongin’s head lightly, noting worryingly how hot his forehead felt, “I am not a girl and don’t try to change the subject, Jongin. Out, shoo, go to your room and think about the actions you have caused to yourself and to me for making me worry.”

Jongin held his hands in surrender, rolling his eyes and muttering, “Yes mum.”

“I heard that!”

Jongin poked his tongue out, playful even when his head was making his vision hazy and blurry, “I swear no one worries as much as you.”

Yixing turned around, a challenging gaze in his eyes before softening at how weak the younger look and all he wanted to do was tuck Jongin in and feed him medicine. But then he would remember that it was someone else’s job, someone who was somehow still oblivious.

“You should really take care of yourself though Jongin-ah. There is someone who worries more than me; loves you more than me and someone who deserves you more than me.”

“Are you confessing to me?” Jongin joked, laughing together with Yixing who widened his eyes and immediately shook his head.

“No, why would I want to go out with someone like you?” Yixing replied curtly, grinning at the scowl Jongin sent.

Well,” Jongin exaggeratedly responded sarcastically, “I feel so sad; you can see it in my expression. I am literally crying.”

Yixing narrowed his eyes, pushing Jongin out the practice room and sternly advising him to go straight back home and sleep like a pig otherwise as Jongin quoted from Yixing ‘I’ll chop your limbs off and feed them to pack of wolves I’m raising’

Jongin didn’t whether to cry or laugh at Yixing’s ridiculous threat.

He went home slowly from his car, cautious of his tired state and being extra careful because the last thing he wanted was to get in an accident. Parking beside the apartment, he opened the door to the couple snuggling with Kyungsoo in the middle and Jongin would be lying if he was a tad bit jealous that the two was hugging Kyungsoo, his Kyungsoo hyung that only he was allowed to ke-

“God, I sound like a creep.” The tanned boy mumbled, shaking his head when he saw that the three were completely focused on the current movie going on, Finding Nemo.

Jongin wasn’t complaining though, he was used to their childish behaviour by now.

“Guys, I’m home.” Kyungsoo quickly looked up, feeling much better over the past few days however his face scrunched with concern when he saw Jongin’s state, jumping from the couch to examine Jongin and murmuring here and there when he felt Jongin’s forehead.

Jongin gulped in response, getting hotter by the second and he was pretty sure the redness around his cheeks wasn’t caused by his fever.

“Should I make you something Jongin-ah? Chicken soup?” Jongin shook his head lightly taking Kyungsoo’s hands off his shoulder and quietly whispering,

“Don’t worry; I just need some sleep so I am going to sleep now. Carry on watching!” Jongin went off quickly, leaving Kyungsoo down-casted, not that the other boy had noticed. Sehun narrowed his eyes in disapproval, slipping away from the living room into Kyungsoo and Jongin’s shared room.

“Jongin, don’t you think you should at least eat some food or medicines?” Sehun tut, letting a frustrated sigh when Jongin continued to shake his head like a child.

Leaning against the door, Sehun crossed his arms before looking back at Jongin, “You know I wouldn’t even be worried because you get this all the time and always recover.”

“Then why?” Jongin’s answered, his voice muffled by the thick blankets surrounding him and keeping him warm and cosy. Really; he rather wanted to sleep then hear another naggy person a.k.a Sehun the brat.

“Because there’s someone else who is worrying so damn much about your health and I don’t want him to be in that state just because an like you is so dense and oblivious.” Sehun scolded, leaving the room and making Jongin more confused than ever before.


It was three days since the incident and truth to be told; Jongin can’t even remember when their last conversation even was since all he does was practice and practice and then sleep (after much nagging from Yixing) before practicing early in the morning again.

Here Jongin was, practicing at nine in the night, hoping to get at least three more practice hours before returning where hopefully everyone in the apartment should be asleep because Jongin can’t bear to let them see his state. His dark eyes bags and horrid tousled hair and even his skin became paler; it was a sight even Jongin didn’t like seeing.

“One…two...three-” His phone ranged cutting him off, its loud tone distracting the music and causing Jongin to stomp his foot in anger, getting his phone out and pressing the answer button impatiently.

“Hello?” Jongin spoke, half-shouting since he felt like any minutes not practicing was a waste of time and he would rather be practicing than even sleeping but he knew Yixing and everyone wouldn’t probably be best  pleased.

“Jongin?” Xiumin spoke at the other side loudly, the background music filled with screaming and music blasting through his ears.

He cleared his voice, shouting this time, “What hyung?”

“Kyungsoo’s here and um…he’s kinda drunk.” Now that Xiumin had mentioned it, Jongin could faintly hear Kyungsoo screaming in the background, something about Pororo and Jongin wanted to just go there and take the older home only to be reminded that he has an assessment and picking Kyungsoo up would really delay his practice time.

“Can’t you get Luhan or Sehun?” Jongin replied, glancing at the clock and back at his music player.

Xiumin coughed awkwardly, “I did but those were noises I don’t really want to hear dude.”

Jongin face-palmed, cursing at his friend’s , sighing and replying to Xiumin that he’ll be there in five minutes. Packing away his music player, he quickly got out realising the more he stayed back, the less practice time he had.

Shuffling to the bar Xiumin mentioned, he was met with a stench of alcohol reeking and sweat together which all in all; wasn’t a pleasant smell. Spotting Xiumin with a clingy Kyungsoo, he made his way there, bowing to apologize to Xiumin.

“No need to apologize, I actually persuaded him to come since the past few days, he has been nothing but a black dark figure, mourning like a lifeless soul.” Xiumin explained, handing a drunk Kyungsoo to Jongin and when he felt a wet patch, he saw Kyungsoo crying, snot coming out and red with his breath smelling of nothing but alcohol.

“Jongin!” He sobbed, making it harder for Jongin to walk after bidding good bye to Xiumin.

He patted the older’s head, trying to get to the apartment as quickly as possible and returning to the practice room to finish his routine.

“Jongin! Do you know what happen?” Jongin hummed to show he was listening, waiting impatiently for the lift to arrive.

“I’m in love!” Kyungsoo shrieked, waggling around, wiggling his and smiling, dried tears stain in his cheeks as Jongin suddenly swallow a lump down in throat, bitter and dull.

Jongin nodded, hoarsely asking, “Really?”

He headed in, thankful that the couple had stopped their what things and making the apartment relatively silent. Picking up Kyungsoo piggy style, he rushed to their bedroom, gently laying him down and patting the blanket on top of the older, getting ready to head out again.

“Can I tell you a secret Jongin-ah?”

Jongin stopped in his tracks, intrigued by what Kyungsoo was going to say suddenly, nodding and staying near the door to wait for Kyungsoo’s response.

“I'm actually gay, I love men! Cause they are y hunks.” Kyungsoo laughed, drunk out of his mind and laughing again when Jongin just stared at him wide-eyes, “Y-You h-have the same e-eyes as m-me now!” He slapped the mattress, tears streaming down his cheeks.

“You like men?” Jongin spoke again to make sure he was hearing right because if there was anyone straighter, Jongin thought, it would be Kyungsoo.

“Yeah and I love this boy who I met at Sehun’s party back about two years ago. I never thought I would see him again but then he pops up like a jack-in-a-box,” Kyungsoo shrieked, hiccupping before continuing, “But I had to keep up with my straight reputation and I thought if I acted like this –hic- I would be straight again.”

Jongin wearily held the door at the sudden news, heavy-hearted because Kyungsoo loved someone else, not like but love. Why it hurt Jongin’s heart baffled him because he was supposed to be happy…

Not sobbing as if the world was being destroyed.

“You know that was bull because I still love him!” Kyungsoo hiccupped, draping his arms around Jongin shoulder and peering at him, his drunken breath filling Jongin’s sense of smell. He picked Kyungsoo up wearily; laying the latter down once again and getting up to firmly leave because he doesn’t think he can stand this any longer.

"I LOVE HIM!"

Jongin couldn't take the pain anymore

He knew he had to get out.

Someone stopped him from getting out though; that pleading voice.

The boy grasped the other's t-shirt with a strong grip, tugging and forcing the former to look directly into those saddened eyes that gleamed with loneliness making the other want to do nothing but wipe those tears dry. His hands abruptly stopped however when he heard the crying boy whisper to him,

"Please... don't leave me."

Jongin continued to walk shrugging Kyungsoo's hands off; his body filled with restraint and heavy steps, dragging them out, out, out the door and out the apartment, breathing irregularly and trying to get that damn image of Kyungsoo’s pleading eyes out of his head. He headed out hearing a faint call for his name and ignoring it no matter how it hurted him and urged him to go back.

He can’t deal with this right now; focus on the practice, that’s was what he had to do.

Focus. On. The. Practice

But nothing can really stop that breaking, burning pain that was inflicted, his fists clenching as he staggered to the practice room, knowing Kyungsoo loved someone, always had, always will and somehow he wished it was him

Him?


“Jongin?” Kyungsoo murmured back in the apartment, “Should I tell you who it is?” His drunken state made the world spun around him, the ceiling filled with abstract shapes and hallucinating whether Jongin was even there or not.

“Jongin”, Kyungsoo mumbled, the drowsiness kicking him, making him sleepy and more incoherent than ever, “it’s you, can you hear me, it’s you who I love…”

It’s you…

 


 

{♥ Author's Note}

Um... came back from France on Thursday night and still feeling sleepy due to the slight time change, /yawns.

Update at 12:05 on Sunday so just 20 minutes late, sorry! haha~

OH AND CELEBRATION! I REACHED 100 PAGES AND 50,000+ WORDS ON MICROSOFT WORD! WHOOP, NOW MADE PART TWO SINCE IT WOULD BE SO LONG!! TIME TO CELEBRATE WITH CHOCOLATE FOR ME XD

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~

Also subscribe and comment pleaseu~