Final

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

 

Jongin didn’t want to this at all. Nope, if he was to write a list of ‘never to do’ things then this would be the first one he would put down. He particularly didn’t like being handled by Joonmyeon who by the way was the person Kyungsoo had feelings for and Jongin rolled his eyes at this. He was far better looking, had a greater personality, killer smile and graceful dancing, all in all, a perfect personality, well; in his opinion anyway.

“Put me down!” In futile attempt, Jongin tried to release the firm grip Joonmyeon had around him but was Joonmyeon working out or something? Jongin couldn’t even budge the caged hold Joonmyeon had around his wrist.

Smirking, Joonmyeon just laughed, “No.”

Yixing, who was on the other side of him, patted Jongin’s head, grinning, “We are clearing something up.”

Jongin wasn’t ready for this, he wasn’t ready to be confined with Kyungsoo who by the way was in love with someone else, he downcasted his eyes; maybe if he was more like Joonmyeon, maybe if he was more straightforward, Kyungsoo would have liked him more, fancied him more.

It hurt a lot, only figuring out his feelings now but what hurt most was he lost to Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon. Stupid, stupid Joonmyeon.

Kyungsoo liked Joonmyeon and that fact angered him most. Looking at Joonmyeon, he could only see red as he suddenly surged a punch towards Joonmyeon’s face, his fist implanting on the older as he saw red embedded on the older’s cheek. The grip around him loosened, freeing from the trap.

“Get off me.” Jongin’s icy voice dripped venom, his anger reached boiling point and it raged on as he looked at Yixing, Yixing who was the person Joonmyeon loved but that bastard pursued Kyungsoo who was now in love with Joonmyeon.

Not him, no; Kyungsoo never loved Jongin.

Yixing cradled the older, looking up to Jongin’s angered face, “Why would you do that Jongin?”

“I hate him, that bastard. It should be me Kyungsoo should be in love with, not bloody him.” Jongin shouted, not caring whether they were inside the reception where the security guard was watching them, wide eyed at the situation unfolding.

Yixing stood up, heaving Joonmyeon’s arm around his shoulder as the older hung his head low, the blood dripping out of his nose. Not one ounce of sympathy did Jongin felt though, all he could see was how Kyungsoo loved Joonmyeon, hugging him, kissing him, doing stuff he can never do with him.

“That still gave you no rights to punch him when all he tried to do was help you Kim Jongin.” Yixing retorted, standing up to Jongin and even though he was smaller, the anger in Yixing’s usually calm eyes was evident, the red flaring in his brown orbs.

“Yes it does. It does but you wouldn’t understand since you are in love with that bastard. What does he have that I don’t have, why did Kyungsoo have to fall in love with him. He is nothing but a son of a bit-”

A slap resounded.

The thundering echo of a hand contacting his cheek was all Jongin could hear, momentarily stunned.

There was red mark on Jongin’s cheek, he could feel the sting burning his face as he looked over yet all he saw Joonmyeon being tended by the guard, no one else was around him so that meant…

“Don’t you dare say any filthy and rude words towards Joonmyeon,” Yixing hissed his fist clenching and trying not to hit Jongin again. Yixing had enough; he always looked from the side line watching the drama unfold, hoping it would stop but no. It kept building up and he couldn’t take it, the anger, the misunderstanding around everyone; Yixing didn't like it and he was determined to put a stop to this stupid drama.

“Don’t you dare. Kyungsoo would never love Joonmyeon, if he did, they would have been lovers a long time ago Kim Jongin. Get into your head that Kyungsoo doesn’t love Joonmyeon, he never did and he never will.”

“But-”

“No. You listen to me, Kim Jongin. Listen instead of assuming for a second. Because of your dense and immature brain, you are making assumptions that would have never been there if you talked with Kyungsoo. Talk, is that word unfamiliar to you or something Jongin. Who is Kyungsoo closest to? No Luhan, not Sehun but you Jongin. Who searched for you in the rain? Kyungsoo. Who waited for you whenever you decided to come back at midnight from dance practice? Kyungsoo.”

Jongin was stumped, he wanted to retort but Yixing seemed to have more things to say, more things for Jongin to realize.

“I am not done yet, Kim Jongin,” Yixing continued grabbing Jongin collar and bringing him inches towards Yixing’s face, “And one final thing, sorry for the harsh words but who does Kyungsoo love? Kim ing dense of a bastard Jongin.”

“W-What?” Jongin’s eyes budged out, his mouth hanging open and thinking of a possible explanation because Kyungsoo couldn’t possibly be in love with him. He spluttered and choked in thin air, titling his head in a confused manner after a while of gasping and being struck to even pronounce any words.

“Do you really think that Kyungsoo is going to admit to you, a boy who had been shouting he is straight from the day I met you till now?”

Jongin realized Yixing was true; he practically shouted to the world he was straight and Kyungsoo could be afraid to tell him but seriously? Why would Kyungsoo even like him?

Sensing the hesitation brewing, Yixing slapped the back of Jongin’s head, “Don’t you start questioning yourself now, Jongin. I already had it with the drama, and now get out of this building, buy some flowers and confess to Kyungsoo before I cut your limbs and feed them to the dogs I brought from a mafia company.”

Jongin gulped, nodding his head weakly before rushing out the building and using his dancing strength, he ran, he ran like he was being chased because all he remembered was that Kyungsoo loved him, loved him and not Joonmyeon (who he needed to apologized for the punch that might have reconstructed his face)

He also ran partially because he also didn’t want to be cut up to limbs, angry Yixing was ing scary Yixing.

Hurriedly buying some flower from a store nearby, he ran back again, out of breath yet the thought of Kyungsoo being his, fuelled his power, making him run faster than he ever did.

The building was deserted when he returned, the guard now sitting calmly on the table and winking when Jongin past the guy, gesturing a thumbs up towards Jongin who awkwardly smiled, being nervous since the guard had to see a bad side of him.

Fumbling with his keys, Jongin bashed and swung opened the door, the hallway empty yet the living room filled with different voices talking over at once.

“He thought of what?” Sehun’s screech was heard above all shouts and noises and it made Jongin cringed, the flower he was holding tighter around his hands.

Going into the living room, he was met with a slap courtesy of the maknae fuming, then another by Luhan before several slaps occurred that made Jongin thought that whether he could even confess before he dies from concussion, “Stop it. I get I was stupid an-”

“Stupid? You were dense as a goldfish, . A dead one.”

“Yeah but I realised now-”

“Yeah, I can’t believe you only realized it now. We knew it since day one and if you put much thought into it like you do to dancing, there wouldn’t be this mess.”

“Yes that’s why I am goi-”

“Damn right you are,” Jongin huffed at being cut yet again, “Now go in the kitchen and conffess or I will cut you into pieces, feed them to the shark, record it and sent it to hell where your soul will be resting only to watched yourself being eaten again and again.”

That last threat made him shiver and only made him shiver more at the fact that it was coming from Yixing, a person he thought would have been calm but no.

He was scary as .

Taking a deep breath, the four watched Jongin go into the kitchen, each relishing a sigh of relief.

“I didn’t even think it would take this long.” Joonmyeon muttered, an ice pack around his cheek, rolling his eyes when he heard Kyungsoo squeaked from the kitchen.

Luhan flopped onto the couch, “I thought it would take a month at least, not five bloody months.” Sehun laid his head on Luhan head, humming in agreement before looking cheekily at Yixing.

“Never knew you would be the one to snap.” Yixing looked up from his position on Joonmyeon’s lap, his head which was previously on Joonmyeon’s chest turning towards the couch before grinning at the maknae.

“You would do the same,” Sehun nodded at this, “If he was shouting profanities and hitting your boyfriend.”

Joonmyeon smiled at the term, holding Yixing’s waist and resting his head on Yixing’s back, careful of his punched cheek, “I wondered how no one figured it out that we were a couple except for you two. If the things we did wasn’t intimate skinship, I don’t know what was.”

“Couple’s instinct.” Luhan laughed before turning serious at Yixing, “By the way, Xiumin told me that there was a girl looking for Suho and Yixing, how could you?”

Joonmyeon jolted at his past name, looking curiously at Yixing’s cheeky grin then back at Luhan and Sehun’s curious face than back again at Yixing, “Seul, that that took you away? She returned?”

“Yep.” Yixing murmured, inhaling Joonmyeon’s scent, “She came last week whilst I was having my lunch in the cafe you worked. Thankfully you had a day off.”

Joonmyeon nodded before chocking into nothing and widening his eyes, “You didn’t do anything, did you? You being angry is like Satan going on  a death spree.”

“I did nothing,” Yixing huffed at the accusation yet Luhan sensed something, smirking and playing with Sehun’s hair, “But remind me to buy her a new wig and tickets to the therapist.”

Joonmyeon groaned.

-

Jongin shuffled awkwardly, twisting the flowers in his hand and looking at Kyungsoo who squeaked at the intruder, watching Jongin go up to him.

“Um…before you say anything? Who do you love?” Jongin asked, and he could faintly hear the groans outside the door which he presumed the rest were eavesdropping on them.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat, “Haha, didn’t I tell you? Its Jong-Joonmyeon I mean.”

“Oh.” Jongin let out, Yixing must have been wrong, Kyungsoo was in love with Joonmyeon.

He began to head out when his wrist was covered by a soft hand, looking to see Kyungsoo hesitating and chewing his lips before speaking.

“Wait, it’s not Joonmyeon, I am not in love with that bastard (“Why does everyone call me a bastard? I am the awesome Kim Joonmyeon.” “Shut the up honey.”) I am in love with…” Kyungsoo took a deep breath, looking into Jongin’s eyes and letting out a soft ‘you.’

“Me?”

“Yes you, I have been in love ever since I saw you in Sehun’s graduation party from high school. We never talked so I didn’t know who you were but suddenly you popped up and crushed my love when you stated you were straight. I was heart-broken but I pretended I was straight because I might as well be friends with you.”

Kyungsoo fiddled with his fingers, exhaling loudly, “But there were these moments when I just fall in love all over again. Your cute laugh, that y charisma, all the little things that made me fall out of love even harder. I am sorry if you find me disgusting and I should probably head out before you puked but just so you know, I never stopped loving you.”

“I like you.”

“Again, sorry that I disgust you-what.” Kyungsoo stopped, staring at Jongin weirdly, “Don’t pity me, Jongin. I can handle the rejection without you pitying.”

“I am not pitying you. I like you, I don’t know about love although that may happen soon but I realised, I like you, even more than a friend would do. These flowers are for you, white roses, hard to find. Do you know what they mean?”

Kyungsoo nodded weakly, the tears b in his eyes as he accepted the flower and moving forward to Jongin’s hand which was wiping away the tears away.

“They mean I like you.”

“Yeah…I just didn’t realise it. I was too stupid not to realise the things you do for me, the things I have been missing. Eveyr single time, I assumed something stupid, that I never cam-”

“Stop with the ing cheesy stuff and get on with the kissing.” Yixing shouted, the statement making Jongin blushed crimson stuttering the next few lines.

“N-Now is not the time. Um…Kyungsoo wouldn’t kiss me, I mean, ha ha, we are just couple now, for a minute. We should take it slow, ha, Yixing s-shut up. Kissing s-should be more romantic and as much I want to kiss Kyungsoo senseless, wait. No I don’t mean that, I mean as much as I want to , wait, find, I said find, um…find a restaurant for a date and take him there, I s-should ask h-him. Oh my god, I sound like a retard, I am so sorry Kyungsoo. I h-hope you still lik-”

Kyungsoo laughed, grabbing Jongin’s collar and bringing him to Kyungsoo’s eye level and for once, Jongin didn’t mind that someone cut him off, and he certainly didn’t mind that he was looking into Kyungsoo’s brown orbs and looking into Kyungsoo who was now his boyfriend. His cheeks however flared up at Kyungsoo’s next statement.

“Just shut up and kiss me. My Kimchi spaghetti will be over-cooked at this slow rate.”

 


PLEASE READ IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE IN NEXT CHAPTER!