Chapter 14.

Straight as Cooked Spaghetti

 

After Kyungsoo managed to calm Jongin down and assure him that he wasn’t going to chop his head off, they had somehow succeeded to settle down in their one-day home. It was filled with equipment like a normal home would fortunately; with toilets, kitchen, bedrooms, clothes, food etc.

Kyungsoo was also less peeved with Luhan and promised to Jongin he wasn’t going to send Luhan down to the pit of hell; even if he would like to.

“Hyung, come see the fishes!” Jongin, taking the advantage of being out in the sea unlike Kyungsoo who was sulking and stabbing the table on the deck, had went to sight-see from the deck to spot any creatures lurking by. So far, he had found ten fishes, one big one and a pair of fishing boot. Yes you read it right; a pair of fishing boot.

“I don’t want to.” Kyungsoo shouted back, pouting because one; he didn’t like the water that much and two; he rather be at home cooking and resting in his comfy chair.

“I will jump off this boat if you don’t.” Jongin threatened, sitting on the edge and dipping his feet in the fresh cold water. He quite like the temperature round the water, not hot that it would burn your skin alive or cold that you would get frostbite and die.

“See if I care.”

“One.” Kyungsoo ignored Jongin, figuring the latter would be a wimp to do it anyways. He continued to shuffle along the deck, his depressed aura looming around. And with mushrooms going around just to exaggerate his depression.

“Two.” Kyungsoo had made his way to the opposite end of Jongin, however he was a little intimidated as to whether Jongin was actually stupid enough to jump off. Knowing Jongin, there always was a possibility.

“Three, okay. You didn’t come so I’m jumping off now.” Kyungsoo tried to overlook however he spun around in surprise when he heard a loud splash, hurriedly making his way to where he saw Jongin swimming around in the water, wet and shirtless; his lower half was being covered by the water.

“Are you stupid? Get out the water now!” Kyungsoo shrieked trying to pull the stubborn Jongin out the water.

“Will you promise me that you will watch the fishes with me?” Jongin childishly asked, splashing the water at Kyungsoo making the latter yelped at the icy contact.

“Yes, anything, but get your out the water now.” Kyungsoo shouted pulling Jongin with all his might on to the deck, his eyes clenching at the heaviness. Jongin wasn’t heavy, Kyungsoo was just weak, not that he would admit that.

“Yay! We can see the fishes now! By the way, could you get me a towel, I feel quite chilly. I don’t know why though.” Kyungsoo held the bridge of his nose in desperation wondering if Jongin could get anymore dumb before looking at Jongin, noticing something different… southwards before screaming and waving his arms about.

“ Jongin, where’s your ing underwear gone?” Kyungsoo stammered, shrieking and covering his scarred for life eyes.

“What are yo-oh my holy crap. Where’s my underwear?!” Jongin screamed, trying to pull his t-shirt down at his… lower half.

“Who do you think I am? Some underwear detector?” Kyungsoo answered back, his eyes still closed. On the other hand, Jongin scanned around only to find a red piece of fabric drifting off to sea.

“My underwear!” Jongin shouted, watching as the red fabric went the opposite way, ignoring Jongin’s pleas.

“Forget the bloody underwear, just wear something!” Kyungsoo continued to plead, not wanting to open his already scarred eyes in case he had to see Jongin again.

“I haven’t got any clothes!” Jongin cried, clutching the end of his t-shirt and trying to wrap it around his waist.

Yeah… it didn’t work.

“There were some clothes in the cabin, go to the bedroom and you’ll find some.” Kyungsoo informed, slapping Jongin away. Jongin sensing he should probably get out now before Kyungsoo demolish him went to the cabin to find some decent clothes to wear. And one that probably stays on his hips.

“Are you done changing?” Kyungsoo asked from the deck, peeking from his hands and sighing in relief when he saw Jongin fully clothed. As much as he likes Jongin, he does not want to see Jongin . Although, Kyungsoo thought, to be fair, it wasn’t as bad as the time he walked in on Luhan and Sehun.

Kyungsoo mentally shuddered at the distant yet disturbing memory.

“Sorry.” Jongin’s sheepish voice cut in and Kyungsoo waved him off smiling once he re saw Jongin was fully clothed.

“Never mind. Just freaked out a bit more than I had to.” Kyungsoo laughed, checking his watch to read three in the afternoon.

“You still promised to watch the fishes with me!” Jongin poked his tongue out, clutching Kyungsoo’s wrist and pulling him towards the edge.

“I thought you would forget about that.” Kyungsoo said grinning nevertheless allowing Jongin to lead him where he was beginning to enjoy the fishes running along instead of thinking about ways to kill the said fishes.

“I really want to watch the fishes with you.” Jongin urged, his eyes pleading and his mouth pouting like a puppy. At times like this Kyungsoo felt as if his cheeks were getting hot, his mouth not working and only nodding afraid his voice will come out as a stutter.

He didn’t know why this happened, he never experienced it before and he had debated whether to asked Sehun what it was but he disregard it figuring Sehun would probably just say something along the line of ‘you’re in love’ . Kyungsoo laughed thinking, yeah, what he was feeling was totally love.

“Hyung, look at the fish over there, doesn’t it look like that barista of yours, what was his name again? Hee, Hae, Dong?”

“Donghae and you know what? That fish does look like him.” Kyungsoo laughed, swishing his legs back and forth on the water.

Jongin continued to nudged Kyungsoo, pointing at the different fishes for Kyungsoo to admire and talk about, some that reminded them of a person, others just because it was there. The sun began to shimmer down as time passed by and they continue to gaze under the red sunlight scene, the water becoming darker and darker till they had to get out and go in the cabin because it was just too dark outside.

Kyungsoo was feeling much better and he didn’t even noticed when time had passed by since watching and playing Jongin made him forget and it startled him because he usually doesn’t forget.

“Hyung, I’m hungry. What’s there to eat?” Jongin muttered, rubbing his tummy and hearing it growl in response.

“Want to have cup noodles? I heard the night sky view is brilliant here. We would miss it if we cook and eat.” Kyungsoo suggested getting two cup noodles that was stored in the cabin and pulling the switch for the kettle to turn on.

“Sure.” Jongin excitedly agreed watching the water bubbled inside the kettle and onto the cup noodles, the steam coming out.

“Here is yours.” Kyungsoo gave out; the aroma filling up and making them drool as the two headed onto their bedroom where they had a big window to look out into. The night sky was gleaming up on them and Jongin couldn’t help but admire how Kyungsoo looked… beautiful in the sky.

Kyungsoo’s face was pale and his dark hair cascaded along, his fringe neatly tucked. The t-shirt he had on was a big too big, draping loosely around Kyungsoo’s shoulder and the way his eyes watching the stars go past was the cutest sight in Jongin’s opinion.

He also couldn’t explain the sudden increase in his heart beat. Maybe it was the cup noodles.

“Isn’t the star the most beautiful thing to watch at night?” Kyungsoo started off, eating the stings of noodles and watching the stars in awe.

‘No, it’s probably you.’

Jongin bit himself to stop himself from saying that aloud; instead nodding and slurping his noodles, admiring the full moon that came out from the clouds.

“Is that a shooting star?” Jongin spoke out, pointing at the sky and receiving an exasperated sigh from Kyungsoo.

“No Jongin, that’s a plane.”

“Oh really? I seriously wanted to wish upon it.” Jongin mumbled playing around with the empty cup noodle in disappointment.

“You can, it is now 11:11 so quick! Make a wish!” Kyungsoo insisted, poking Jongin and smiling at him.

“What have you wished for hyung?” Jongin asked once the minute had gone, looking at how Kyungsoo swallowed the last noodle.

“Not telling otherwise it won’t come true!”

“Fine, let’s not tell each other until we fulfil it, promise?” Jongin purposed, bringing his pinkie to face Kyungsoo whilst the latter contemplated.

“Promise!” Kyungsoo agreed grinning and taking his pinkie out and linking them with Jongin’s.

“Heya, doesn’t that star look like a spaghetti?”

“I don’t think there is such constellation that has the shape of a spaghetti.”

“One can hope.”

“Keep hoping.”

The two continued to looked through the sky, wondering and admireing, starting to go off in their own world. They both were thinking about each other and how their hearts beats faster (which they still don't know why), it was a thought they will never admit to anyone.

The silence that hung around wasn't awkward, it was merely comforting and since they had gotten closer over the past month, they know enough to not need words or conversation to start off. It was just the quiet silence they needed.

“We should probably go to sleep now.” Kyungsoo whispered yawning and wrapping the blanket around his body so his face was the only thing showing out. Jongin fought hard not to coo and get kicked by Kyungsoo.

“Yeah. I’m tired anyway.” Jongin murmured, draping the other blanket around him and listening as Kyungsoo’s steady breath turned slow and calming effectively putting him to sleep.

The next time Jongin woke up was by the sun shining down and the phone that was ringing like a bullhorn.

“Hyung, your phone’s ringing!” Jongin informed, his voice raspy and gruff having woken from sleep as he kept shaking the older awake.

Kyungsoo dejectedly got out, answering the phone before realising it was Luhan due to the loud voice that didn’t even needed the speaker.

“Guys! We’re on our way now!”

“Yeah, yeah. Just get here.” Kyungsoo mumbled, drowsy from his sleep and only just rubbing his eyes and sitting upright from the bed.

“Get dressed, we’ll be there in approximately one minute.”

“Fine, by the way just to warm you, you are so dead when you get here.” Kyungsoo replied, hanging the phone up and nudging Jongin awake who was half-hearing the conversation.

They rapidly change into their outdoor clothes (even though star-gazing and watching fishes were fun, they rather go home) and headed out to the deck to wait for Luhan to arrive.

“Guys!” A voice screamed startling the two and making them looked up to see a mop of messy light brown hair.

“You miss me?”

“Like the stars in the sky.” Kyungsoo retorted, narrowing his eyes at Luhan.

“Its morning?”

“Exactly.” Kyungsoo yawned jumping on the other boat and trying to get the sleep off his eyes.

“Do you know? Whilst we wear getting here, do you know what we found? It was so funny, wasn’t it Sehun?” Luhan ignored Kyungsoo's remark, instead beginning to speak with Jongin who seemed more friendly than Kyungsoo.

“I was nearly pissing myself off.” Sehun chuckled.

“What did you find?” Jongin quietly asked, heads drooping down to Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Some red fabric which turned out to be underwear? What stupid idiot throws underwear in the sea?” Luhan gasped out in laughter unaware of the shocked and amused expression the other two wore.

“There, there.” Kyungsoo patted Jongin’s red blushing face, trying to stifle his giggle at how red Jongin looked and whether the others realised the red underwear belong to Jongin’s.

“Shut up.”

 


 

{♥ --Author's Note}

Warning! Doing this at midnight so sorry for serious English mistakes and what . I am not in the right mind right now. XD

Double Update! Well, nearly a double update=3= I wasn't going to do another update till on Thursday but I just had to to thank the  subbies and commenters for getting 1000+ subs. You don't know how freaking happy I am! /prances around.

Like I said, I am I am eleven but I have a cousin whose ten that writes better than me. O.O Oh and thank you for the lovely comments and constructive critism. I'll try to work hard on my grammar but I have to admit, I at it, always have and always will. >.<

Anyway, thank you for the massive 1000+ subs and the comments and I hope you are happy with this! =D

Please upvote my story by clicking the arrow in the foreword! I'll love you forever~