Chapter 36 - Burden?

When unexpected things happens....

That night, the same thought plays in her mind over and over again. Until she finally cries herself to sleep silently.

The next day just like any other day. Krystal and Jay waits for Jiyeon infront of the house.

Eunjung: *opens the door and shock to see two people outside* Oh. Jay, Krystal. Why are you two not going to school yet?

Jay: Oh. Jjungie. When did you came back? We're waiting for Jiyeon.

Eunjung: I came back this morning. Figured I can't really leave Jiyeon alone for too long. Jiyeonie already went to school early. She said she has class duty.

Jay/Krystal: *looks at each other* (both thought: Class duty? Today isn't her class duty. We checked yesterday)

Krystal: Ah.. Then we'll get going. *drags Jay along*

Eunjung: Oh. Okay. 

 

 

 

Jay and Krystal are on their way to the class. ANd then they sees a familiar figure.

Krystal: Oh! It's Jiyeon. Jiyeonie, an----- O.O mwoya, did she not see us?

Jiyeon: *heard Krystal called and see Krystal and Jay was about to greet her. Decided to pretend didn't see them and just go to class*

Jay: What's with her sudden change of attitude? o.o

They enters the class and sits at their own place.

Risa: psst. What's up with Jiyeon? I tried to greet her but she seems to just ignore us.*whispers to Jay*

Krystal: *overheard Risa and whispers back* Well, likewise.  Yesterday we were having great time but now she suddenly changed as if we're strangers.

Jiyeon: *hears everything even they just whisper. Her hear feels pain and her eyes was gonna spill tears* Saem, may I excuse myself to the nurse's office? I don't feel so well.  *stands up while raise her hand and asked for permission*

Teacher: Erm. Sure. Go ahead.

Classmates: *shocked* 

Jay: *takes out her phone and starts texting* 

Krystal: Yah, who are you texting at time like this?

Hyuna: She must be texting Hyomin-unni. Hyomin is the doctor here and Jiyeon did say she's going to nurse's office.

Jay: *nods when Hyuna explains*

Krystal: Mwoya.. How come you even have the doctor's number? 

Jay: We are all friends remember? Hyomin, came to our house when you were discharged.

Hyuna: Yeah, is normal for friends to have each other's number.

Risa: Is NOT normal for friends who don't have each other's number. *she adds and laughs, they laughed along with her*

Jay: *received message* Oh. Looks like she went somewhere else.

Krystal: Mwo?

Jay: *show them Hyomin's reply* All wet and eyes puffy? Isn't that another name to describe crying.

Krystal/Hyuna/Risa: *nods*

 

So after school ends, they go to the nurse's office.

Jay: *cheerfully* Hyomin unni!

Hyomin: *startled, then put a finger on her own lips signaling them to be quiet* Shh.. She just fell asleep after crying. *she talks in a lower volume so that she won't wake Jiyeon*

Hyuna: After crying? o.O

Hyomin: *nods* Yeah, she had been crying once she's here. I asked her what is wrong but she ignored me. 

Krystal: Did she mumbled anything?

The rest look at her weirdly.

Krystal: What? If she had been crying, in her sleep she could be mumbling something.

Hyomin: I didn't hear much but I heard something about burden.

Jay/Krystal/Hyuna/Risa: Burden?? O.O *looks at each other cluelessly*

Then someone came from behind the curtain rubbing her eyes sleepily.

Jiyeon: *slowly open my eyes and heard Jay's voice and decided to leave. sits up and make my way to the doctor bowed to her and pretend not to see the rest* Miss Hyomin, sorry for bothering you. I'll go home now. *bows and about to leave until someone grab her wrist*

Hyomin: Ah. It's nothing. Go back and rest more. You seemed exhausted. 

Jay: *holds Jiyeon's wrist* Neo... what's with your sudden change of attitude? We were happy yesterday like having MT together and joking around.

Jiyeon: *feels her tears was about to form again* As you said, Yesterday. *without turning back, she wings off Jay's grip and left. As she was walking, her tears fell*

 

*Flashback -Jiyeon POV*

Jiyeon baked some cookies to thank Jay and the rest for the awesome dinner that night. Happily walks out from the house with a basket of cookies and then overheard somethings.

Hara:.............. Is so burdening

Jay: *laughs* 

Jiyeon *was at the window overheard their conversation*

Hyuna: Jay, won't you think she's a burden like that? She's totally depending on you eversince that day.

Jiyeon: (thought: ever since that day? It has to be me. What will Jay's reply be?)  *silently eavesdropping*

Jay: Yeah.. It is a kind of burden.

Jiyeon: *shocked and tears starts falling she just ran home*

*END*

 

 

Jiyeon: *after closed the door I leaned on it and cried.*

Jay: Maybe Eunjung would know anything. 

Risa: I don't think so. If she'd let Eunjung knows, impossible she'd cry here alone.

Hyuna: Yeobo is right. 

Krystal: She got a point. Besides, this morning when we waited for Jiyeon, Eunjung seems clueless.

Jiyeon: (thoughts: They wait for me? maybe is just a routine since we just live side by side) *starts to leave*

Jay: We'll get going. *opens the door and sees Jiyeon walking off* Yah, PARK JIYEON!

Jiyeon: *stopped without looking back*

Krystal: Jiyeon-ah, let's go home together. You're feeling unwell.

Jiyeon: (no.. I won't be their burden anymore) *takes deep breath, wipes her tears, turn around and forced a smile* Aniyah.. Na gwaenchana. *turns back and starts walking. Lets the tears falls again*

Krystal: are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Jay: *nods* Let's go. You take right, I take left. *runs together with Krystal and catch up with Jiyeon*

Krystal: *caught u with Jiyeon and linked arm with her*

Jiyeon: *startled when suddenly two person links arms with her both arms* J-Jay, K-Krystal. 

Jay: *linking arm with Jiyeon* KAJA!! *realise Jiyeon is crying* Yah.. You don't have to be so touched. We just don't want you to faint in the middle of the street

Jiyeon: *release her arm from being linked* I... *sobs* Don't want to be a burden to anyone anymore.. *sobs*

Jay/Krystal: *looks at Jiyeon in disbelief* MWO?!  O.O

 

========================================================

A.N: I'm aiming this fic to reach 50 chapters. Is it possible? You guys will stick with me till the end right? keke ^^