Chapter 31 - "CEO board meeting"

When unexpected things happens....

 

"So, what were the issue you wanted to talk about?" Mr.PArk asked and kept his newspaper. Now focusing on Jay as if he knew Jay is the captain.

"We wants Jiyeon to stay in KOrea." --Jay

Jiyeon didn't see that coming. The others too was shocked. She didn't sound scared or nervous at all.

"What makes you think that with you three here, I will let her go back to Korea and stay there alone?"

Jay stood up without fear.

"Sir, I know you're a businessman so I'll do this presentation in a businessman style." Jay said and nods to Risa. Risa received the signal and left the table.

They all having question marks floating above their heads. Suddenly, RIsa came back with a projector and a laptop.

Jay connects the projector to her laptop while Eunjung plug it to the nearest plug. Then Eunjung switched on the projector and it faced a white blank wall. 

Then Jay finds her slideshow and plays it and starts the presentation. Then Risa handed the proposal paper to Mr.PArk. Now instead of a student-parent negotiation, it feels more likely to a CEO board meeting.

 

 

Jiyeon

We all gathered for breakfast. Suddenly dad asked about the issue. Dad usually won't do this during breakfast. If there is an issue about my school life or anything, it's always after he comes back from work. But this time.. during breakfast? 

""We want Jiyeon to stay in Korea." Jay said. I was shocked. Her tone sounded brave and thick. Her aura is totally different from the Jay I knew. This time, she feels like.... a boss or something.

"What makes you think that with you three here, I will let her go back to Korea and stay there alone?"  Dad asked. His tone is the usual seriousness. 

Suddenly Jay stood up. I looked at her wondering what is she gonna do. Everyone was scared of my father but Jay...

 

But what freeked me out the most is the points in her presentation. I took a little peep in the proposal when My dad is reading, I think I see few pages of wordings and more pages of comic script.

"As sir can see in the proposal, during her first few weeks she is cold to others as if building barriers. In the cafeteria we all saw her rejecting everyone who is gonna sit with her to make friends. Her reason is simple: She is tired from seperating. From my understanding, Jiyeon was a cheerful kid in school. Eunjung had proof of it too." Jay said and passed my dad a photo album. MY photo album to be exact. My dad flips from page to page. Though, his face is still poker-faced.

After the presentation finished, my dad closed the proposal. 

"Dad?" I said. He looked at me, at then the others.

"We'll discuss this again when I came back tonight." Dad said. The others nodded and he left for work while I left for school.

 

 

 

 

Jay

Extinguished all my fears and worries and presented like a real businessman. Only this isn't about business. Is about Jiyeon.

After the Park father and daughter leaves, Hyuna and Risa went out for shopping at a nearby mall. 

I just lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling thinking of Krystal... 

*SIGHS*

"Jung Soojung, I miss you." is the only word I am able to say when staring at the ceiling. Images of Krystal smiling, laughing and calling my name projected at the ceiling as if there is a projector from my eyes to the white ceiling.

Suddenly I feel my eyes wet. Then, I heard some door knocks. After that I see Eunjung. 

"Oh hey Eunjung." I greeted and quickly wiped my tears.

Eunjung walks in and smiled.  "Missing your girlfriend?" She asked and sat beside me. I just nodded.

"I made some cookies and tea. You didn't eat much during breakfast." 

"Thanks Eunjung." I said and tried the cookies.

"So how is it?" she asked. I showed her a thumbs up.

"So, can you tell me about your girlfriend?" --Eunjung

 

 

 

Eunjung

I made some cookies for JAy since she didn't eact much during breakfast.

"So, can you tell me about your girlfriend?" I asked. Immediately I see a frown on her face.

"Why? Something wrong?" 

"We had a fight before I came to look for Jiyeon." She said.

"Why? Is it because she don't let you come?" i asked and she shook her head.

Silents between us. I am wondering if they fought because she wants to bring Jiyeon back.

"We fought coz she let Jiyeon go even though she volunteered to stop Jiyeon from leaving." She said and started crying.

"She went to the airport?" I asked and she nodded.

"Who's your girlfriend?" I asked again, this time she brings out her phone and showed me the wallpaper she took with her girlfriend.

"Her name is Krystal. We're all Jiyeon's classmate too."

"I think you misunderstood her." I said and began telling what really happened on that day of our departure.

Eventhough she is still crying, but a smile formed on her face.

"Thank you, EUnjung. This means alot to me." She said and hugged me.

"Well, I guess I shall tell the same thing to the other couple too." I offered.

Jay nods and said,"Yeah, you should. Especially Hyuna." and smiled. A real, happy smile.

"Well, guess I better do it now before I forgot." I said smilingly to Jay. Jay replied with a smile and nod before i take my exit.

*******

 

Jiyeon 

Despite the fact I don't understand anything, since the words are in katakana, kanji and they taught in Japanese......

Even for quizes, only English I had some numbers.. The others, well.. Just single round digit. Yeah. ZERO!!! 

Well, is either I write nonsense, or I hand-in blank paper. *sighs* Everyday I had to stay back after school for extra class because I did badly. 

But who will know why? I don't know Japanese. Even I'm used to moving school, but Japanese?! Sometimes I wondered 

"Can't dad ever moved to an english-speaking country at least?!" I mumbled to myself in an empty classroom.

"Jiyeon-san, *&^7&^& -desu ka?" the teacher asked.

I stared blankly.. "er.. Hai! er.. Gambateh!" I said pretending to understand the alien language.

 

 

 

Finally after so long at school I am able to go home.

Once I entered the living room, I saw dad sitting at his place with EUnjung beside him and Jay, Risa and Hyuna standing as if getting punishment.

"Hi dad. I'm home." I greeted. Dad just nods.

"Go put your bag in the study room and then go and bath." He ordered.

"Yes,Dad." I said and bowed before I leave. I made eye contact with the others. They just smiled to me as if assuring me not to worry.

"Will they be okay?"  "Will dad listen to them?" 

These thoughts always in my mind.

"Eunjung unni?" I get shocked when I see Eunjung sitting on my bed when I come out from the bathroom while drying my hair with a towel.

"How's school today?" she asked.

"The usual." I answered shortly.

"The usual as in being held on in school or usual boring?" Eunjung asked. I got shocked.

"How did you--"

"knew? You're lucky because the one who answers the call is Jay. She told me about it." Eunjung said again.

"JIYEON CANNOT GO BACK WITH YOU GUYS! SHE WILL RECEIVE BETTER EDUCATION ELSEWHERE!!" suddenly I heard dad's voice. I? no WE!! We got shocked and looked at each other. 

"Was that your father?" Eunjung asked looking worried. I nodded slowly and we quickly rush out. My heart was racing worried of what might happen when my dad is angry.

That was when from the railing we saw my dad was holding up a vase and was about to crash it on one of their three heads.

"NO! DAD STOP!!" Eunjung and I both stopped my dad. I saw the three stood still and have their eyes closed.

"Relax Mr.Park. Sit down. You three too." Eunjung said. I sat beside Jay nearest to my dad. Jay sat next to me on my left followed by Risa and Hyuna. Hyuna is clinging onto Risa's arm and Risa busy comforting her.. Guess dad really scared her.

Then Eunjung went to brought out some tea.

"D-Dad..." I said nervously but I got cut off by Jay.

"Actually my proposal paper and presentation, missed out one important factor...." Jay voiced out again. I quickly turned and look at him. I can sensed my dad is going to explodde once more but atleast it could be the small tea cup instead of something big and deadly.

 

Dad finished his tea and passed the cup to EUnjung. "I'll listen to your final proposal." Dad said this time sounded slightly calm.

"Eunjung unni, could you please get Jiyeon's academic results?" Jay suddenly asked.

"WHAT?! NO!!" I screamed suddenly in shock. I looked at her holding her arm begging her. I knew that Jay could guess my results all the while with the teacher's one call that she answered.

"Don't worry, Jiyeon. I know what I'm doing." Jay mouthed. We made eye-contact awhile. And then I turned to EUnjung and nod to her. Allowing her to get my results.

We all sat down and waited for Eunjung. I am nervously biting my nails.

"Jiyeon, what did I tell you about your habit of biting nails when you're nervous?" the sudden call shocked me. So I changed. This time, I am fidgeting nervously. I can see the others too.

Then EUnjung returned and passed my report cards to Jay. Let the war begin.

"Sir, you said that Jiyeon needs better education somehwere else and that she would stop moving along with you once she found a good school. Please compare the results." Jay said and handed him my report cards.

"When she was young, she excels. The worst she could get is just a pass. But after she started moving to unknown country, her exam grades dropped to the minimum. She even got Zero in some. Why? Because she don't understand the question. Having a week or few days to learn other language just because you are gonna move for business, how can that do for a kid? Plus, knowing she won't be in that school for long, she already lost the reason to study hard. Compare it. Her latest quiz.. The only subject she passed is English the international language. This is her result in school when she transferred. See how high her score is? A+ and minimum C+ that's it. Sir, I ask you one question. Do you want Jiyeon to keep failing her subjects wherever she go or let her study hard and achieve good results in academics?" Jay finished her words and sat down.

I slowly observe my dad's expressions while he looking at all my report cards from all countries we've been to.

"ahem.. (clears throat) Seeing all this... I just realised I had never asked your opinion.So tell me, Jiyeon. What do you prefer? Tell me honestly." Dad said. His to me.. first time.. so gentle...So I bravely told him my thoughts. He nodded.

"I'll book the flight ticket for all of you in two days. And I'll do transfer school procedure for Jiyeon as well." 

"Dad. You mean.. I can go back and study with Jay and the rest?" 

"Yeap. Make sure you study well. Don't give me these *holds up other country's report card where mostly Fails*. results." I nodded and hugged him happily.

"Thanks, Dad." 

Jay and the rest high fived each other happily and said "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

Dad smiled, I smiled, EUnjung smiled and so are Jay and the rest.

------

 

"So How's KRystal?" Jiyeon asked.

"Eh? We sort of had a fight. Hyuna and RIsa thought she pruposely let you go when she was the one who volunteered to make you stay."

"It's not her fault. Dad was just too stubborn that time. See how hard you have to do today. Proposal papers, presentation and even almost getting killed. Besides, she did try. She came and begged my dad. But dad gave her an impossible mission." --Jiyeon

"I know about that. Eunjung told me what happened. I was just too angry at that time when Hyuna said that. It's just..." --Jay

"And do you know she nearly collapsed in the airport? Her body was all bruises I believe she fell alot from the skateboard she's using." --Jiyeon

"Bruises? Eunjung didn't said that part." 

"OF course she won't say it. Krystal made her promise not to tell you. But those bruises were obvious on her arms and some scratches too. Don't tell me you're so blind by your anger and you didn't realise it?" Jiyeon scolded Jay.

"What am I gonna do? She cried alot for days because of me!" Jay regretting terribly and angered at herself.

"Don't worry, Jay. Is just a misunderstanding. Everything will be fine again." Jiyeon assured.

==================================================

TBC

A/N: I'm wondering when should I end this fic..xD Still alot I haven't write and it's already 31..xD