7

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

"You're Suzy, right?"

She nodded and smiled at him, at first it sounded strange but she then realized it's better to know neighbors than to know nobody at all. 

"I was just wondering if you received any weird package or letter from the mail lately?"

Suzy tried to recall if there was any, but she doubt if there was actually one, she was not the type of person who checks her mail. 

"I don't remember seeing any."

"Just in case it you happen to see it, please tell me its kinda important."

Myungsoo waited for Suzy at her door. He was getting impatient to receive his package. He thought that she might have mistaken it as hers. When Suzy came, she was really surprised that he was outside her door. 

Myungsoo turned around and went towards his unit when Suzy said that she might have seen it and invited him inside. 

"Hey, I thought that it was a package you were looking for but I remembered receiving a strange mail a few days back, though it's not a package maybe it's the one you are looking for."

 

Suzy rummaged through her drawers. She smiled and apologized that her apartment was in a mess when acctually it wasn't. 

"Maybe, I have mistaken it as mine when I thought that 6 were 9."

Myungsoo just smiled. 

He sat down on the couch and looked around.It was nice and warm there. Unlike a grown-man's apartment, her's was livelier and had a welcoming vibe. 

"Wait, I think I remember where I've placed it. Wait a sec."

He smiled back. Suzy sped by and went inside her room. 

He stood up, feeling a little curious. 

He went around, though he should not be doing it. 

He walked with his arms crossed on his back, scanning every surface, feeling a little glad inside that he met somebody new. Deep inside, he was pondering whether if he can trust this girl or not. 

On one side of the room was a wall filled with pictures, her graduation photos, family photos, her friends, a lot of interesting photos that certainly were reflections of her life so far. He found the idea of having a simple part of the house turned into something that would show good memories a nice concept if ever he is to design a house as an architect in the future. 

A gush of wind suddenly came in from an open window and some pictures got detached from the wall, he picked them up to return it. He was about to stick one photo on the wall when another photo caught his attention. 

It was a photo that had a nostalgic feeling, something that reminded him of himself. It was a girl seated on a park bench, alone one autum day.It was a photo with a story behind it and he was intrigued. Suzy, looked like she was waiting for someone, so patiently but worried as well. 

It was a crazy idea, but Myungsoo took the photo from the wall because he was unconsciously drawn to it. He took it from the wall, carefully and looked at it once more, when he heard the door open, he immediately placed the photo in his pocket. 

She handed him an envelope. Myungsoo first inspected it. To his surprise it was not the one he was hoping to receive but rather a pleasent surprise instead. 

"What's on it?", Suzy asked. 

He was slightly taken a back. 

"Oh this, I think it's a scholarship grant from abroad."

"Really! Congratulations!"

Days passed and their busy lives took over once again. Both of them wondered how come that they don't even see each other at all insipte of the relatively close distance in between them.

As if it was really not meant to be.