13

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

"Suzy, you can change into this, there's an extra toothbrush and towelle inside the cabinet over there, there's also soap and shampoo, I think you can use it, those I use girl's stuff too for my soap and shampoo. I guess there won't be any problems.. oh by the way, I desperately tried to look for a pants or shorts you can you but I guess it would be big on you so I think this will do....."

Myungsoo handed her a neatly folded shirt and a clothes hanger. He smiled and she smiled back. Myungsoo sighed, Suzy looked amazed, confused or both. But because of him, she eventually managed to stop her tears. 

"And after you change, you can use my room to rest, I'll just stay in the living room for tonight.."

"Thanks Myungsoo...."

He nodded and went out of the bathroom. He waited for her to get change, he can hear the water running from the faucet and and cabinet doors re-opened and closed simultaneously. From his room he can hear all of those while he was fixing up his bed and tydying up his room. 

"Hey Suzy, mind if I take one pillow with me, I don't usually have guests staying overnight."

Suzy did not reply. But the bathroom door opened. The bathroom was inside his room just near his closet. When Suzy went out, she hanged her clother on the bathroom's doorknob and statred drying her newly washed hair with the towelle. It was amazing, how fast she had recovered from her slump this time. When she got out, Myungsoo's back was facing her and he probably didn't notice that she already finished washing up. Suzy still wasn't completely sober and she had difficulty keeping her balance. She'd even misplaced alot of Myungsoo's stuff in the bathroom. 

"I'll just go sleep in the sofa instead. I'm so sorry I crashed in. Sometimes, my life's a mess."

Myungsoo was startled. Infront of him was Suzy, who just got out of his bathroom. Her long black hair was still damp just coming out of a shower, wearing his oversized shirt covering upto half of Suzy's thighs which he bought in abroad for no appartent reason and now has served its purpose. He looked at her bare feet up but he had to stop when he reached her knees, it wasn't right anymore. Suzy takes good care of herself, he thought. There wasn't even a single mark on her legs. Her cheeks were still slightly pinkish, an aftereffect of drinking alcohol and her lips were very red too even without lipstick on.

Though he'd usually see Suzy devoid of make-up, somehow tonight, after seeing her in a different way, he realized that Suzy was not simply plain and typical. There was something more in her that made him want to know about it. 

For a while he was stunned with what he saw. 

It was like a huge rock aimed at him, but luckily he had ducked at the right moment. 

He got back to his senses. 

"You just use my room. I don't really mind."

Myungsoo suddenly started perspiring even though the airconditioner was running and  he only wore a white basic tee and jersey shorts. 

"Ok, I'll leave you here for tonight. Wake me up if you're before you leave.", he said. 

Suzy smiled and he went out. 

It was colder outside than inside his room despite the airconditioning, it was strange, he felt severly strange, something he never felt before. 

Myungsoo the tv and scanned the channels, he still wasn't sleepy yet. 

He then remembered to tell his friend that he might not be able to play basketball with them in the morning since he wouldn't be able to get some rest that night. He started feeling both his pockets but his cellphone wasn't in either both of it. He knew that he placed it in his bedside drawer before Suzy came in. 

It was real bad luck. So he made is way to his room and knocked. 

"Suzy, I forgot my phone, it's inside the bedside drawer, I'll just go inside and get it, is it ok?"

"Sure, no problem."

He opened the door and saw Suzy seated on his bed, legs crossed, still drying her hair. 

"Got it, you go rest."

"Hey, Myungsoo,are you feeling sleepy already?"

"Not really."

"I'm really sorry for tonight. I'm such a complete mess."

"It's ok."

"I am so embarassed. I understand that you won't ever talk to me again. Promise, I won't let this happen again."

"Just get this night over and you'll be ok, let's just talk about this some other time..."

"But the thing I don't understand, lately, when it's gotta do something about him, you usually come just the right time. When you asked me to look for you misplaced package, I saw his letter to me. When he ditched me in the library, you offered me a ride home. And today. Funny right?"

"Maybe it's just coincedence. Good night Suzy."

"Good night Myungsoo.."