38

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

 

She hurried to gather her things and placed them inside her favorite red Jansport. A pile of book, journals and paper works were stuffed inside her backpack that it look so full, making her look like she's going to the mountains to hike. In addition to that she still has to bring a box full of laboratory supplies that she ordered. After checking herself in the mirror she grabbed her things and dashed out of her apartment. Within less than an hour, with the traffic now not so bad like it did during rush-hours Suzy was thirty minutes early for work. Usually when this happens she would first drop off her things in her office and go to the nearest cafe to have coffee. When she entered the office, a number of her seniors and officemates were already there. 
"Good morning, what's the occassion today why is everyone early today?", she asked. 
Dr. Lee, who's table's beside her answered.
"There was a memo posted late yesterday, the director wanted to tidy up the office since people would come and observe the lab and the office, I think it's related to the upcoming renovation of the building."
"Oh  I see. Good thing I brought home most of my stuff and paperworks so there isn't much to tidy in my desk. Would you like anything from the cafe, I'm going to get coffee?", she asked. 
"The Usual...", her officemates replied. 
"Oh, and add in about three cinnamon swirls. Just in case we need to feed our guests.", Dr. Lee said. 
Suzy went to the cafe, the barrista already knew what she would order and smiled.
"And an additional three cinnamon swirls please.", she smiled and paid for her order. 
Suzy was now as carefree as a bird. Just finishing her latest paper and the next conference she has to attend is months away. Suzy as of now is not working on her own project instead she is helping her other seniors with their own reasearch. As of now, Suzy's on her way completing her masteral's degree and is now choosing her field of specialization. 
While waiting for the rest of her order, she took a magazine from the rack and began scanning it's contents. Realizing that it was a home design magazine she already skipped some pages and were only looking at photos. Reaching the middle portion of the magazine as she turned to the next page, she almost fell from her seat. 
An article about a young and successful architect who is known for his bold, minimalistic,  and youthful designs as well as his artistic tastes and a bit of personal life. 
Suzy laughed so hard that she almost started crying. On the right inset portion had Myungsoo's pictures, one in work, one during a presentation, and one in front of a building. All of them seemed like formal yet stolen pictures of him. The article occupied one whole page. 
As Suzy continued reading the article, she was able to pick up from where he had left off.
The article went by:
For the past few years, Myungsoo dedicated all of his time in studying and becoming a successfull architect. He stayed in New York and finished his bachelor's after that he moved around, to explore and have an exposure on different cultures and designs. He caught the attention of many when his design were given top awards given by a body of world renowned architects and design experts. He worked for a world class architectural firm, known for developing the designs of most of the modern landmarks of the 21st century such as the Burj Dubai and the Taepei Tower.He had also earned a reputation for being an architect too dedicated to his work and has the talent that always made him one step ahead, and  that even his superiors have to re-evaluate themselves. He had accomplished much within such a short period of time. He still have no concrete plans for the future but he looks foward to contributing something  related to architecture and design in his home country. As a son and also a future heir to a construction and design company, together with his achievements in the feild of architecture and designing Kim Myungsoo is a powerhouse in the industry and is now being looked upon by many. He tends to be very private when it come to his personal life, and keeping a low profile of himself, being humble and down to earth is what he thinks that lead him to where he is now.  During his free time, he just enjoys staying at home and watching ball games. If he needed continouos flow of creativity when working he keeps himself inspired by going to art exhibits and doing research. Since he got so busy with work, he personally wants to have free time and go home and visit loved ones. 
At first glance, Architect Kim Myungsoo seems to have a cold and snob personality. He himself also thinks the same but during the course of my interview, I found myself in awe how casual he had presented himself, like we have known each other before. While I took time on choosing the best semi-formal attire to wear for this interview, Architect Myungsoo came in the cafe with only his bright blue Abercrombie and Fitch shirt, jeans and rubber shoes, he also had his backpack. At first I thought I he is still in college, judging from what he wore and how he looked so young and youthfull. 
"I had no formal clothes to wear since I have to pack early. My job entails me to tavel alot. If only I can be in two places at once.", he said. 
After finishing the more formal questions, he and I had a casual conversation. As he answered to the questions I had difficulty on formulating with no hesitation but when I asked him more questions about his private life, I can say that he safely dodge answering my questions with jokes and blind flattery.  He really isn't the showy type and I admire him more for that. 
"Ah, my heart, it only and already belongs to someone. I'm sorry.", he even joked around when asked about his love life. 
Suzy got interrupted when her number was called to the counter. She closed the magazine, as she approached the counter, as if it were the after effects of reading the article, her heart beat faster and when she closed her eyes for a second she can hear her heart beat. It's been a while since she felt the same thing, a few weeks ago when she saw the light inside his apartment. She held on to  two paperbags of espresso and latte and pastries and went back to the office.