5

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

She got out of the convinience store when she noticed that something was missing. It was her labgown. She might have left it in the playground when she took it of. 

She hurried to look for it. Though just a simple piece of replacable clothing, it's importance is valuable to students like her. Without it she wouldn't be able to work in the lab until it had been replaced. 

She ran back, almost got hit by a car she ran towards the playground a few streets away from the store. She ran in such a hurry that her adrenaline began to work. Her lack of energy a few minutes back was now replaced by adrenaline flowing through her whole system. 

When she reached the playground, luckily she saw a guy, clutching her labgown, scrutinizing it, he didn't seem interested in it anyway and was about to leave it behind. He looked normal, nothing too strange about him. She  ran towards him to recover her labgown. But before that she was out of breath. 

He handed her her labgown but she doesn't have enough air enough to say thanks. He looked like he didn't mind her. So he took his bag and walked away. 

She said thanks and was replied with a simple curt nod. 

She placed her labgown inside her bag and waked home. The same direction the guy took. She can still see him walking along the street she too is taking. No big deal, he might also live in the same building as hers. 

Suzy and L entered the builing at the same time. 

He looked at her with a conspicous look. She didn't mind. The two of them waited for the elevator. When it opened both of them went inside. When the elevator operator asked what floor are woud they be in, 

"18th". The both of them answered at the same time. 

They looked at each other with such confused expressions. Suzy had lived in that apartment for three years by now and L had moved in a year ago but never had they saw each other, and even more knew that they existed. 

None of them said anything on the way up. When the elevator door opened, Suzy went out first then L. She was starting to feel panicked inside. What if he was some stalker by chance. As for L he was afraid that she might have mistaken him for a stalker and would later on complicate things. 

She started to walk faster. L noticed but didn't mind. 

She looked back and saw that he was still behind her. Following her. There was nobody around. Such thought came rushing her mind. What if she can't ask for anybody's help. 

She looked tensed and L smirked. Irritated by how things happened to end up. 

She took out her keys in panick. L coolly walked watching her haf amused. 

As for her, she's starting to really panick. She never can trust people, her dad would always tell her and she believe him. 

She opened the door and went inside shut the door and locked it quickly in one swift mothing. 

L stopped infront of his door, the room across hers. He smirked but somehow he found himself laughing at himself. He was surprised that after a long time he was able to laugh. And it felt good. Momentarily he felt his problems being washed away in the drain. 

Suzy looked at her door's peep hole to see if the guy was gone. From what she saw, she realized that he was no stalker and infact he actually lived across the hall.  She was rellieved but when it sank in, she realized how embarassing her actions were. As if she felt the need to apologize. 

Before going to sleep, she realized how small her world is. She never knew people outside her circle, that she even suspected that her neighbor was a stalker. 

L took a bath and went over his notes but gave up. He realized how small his world was, outside the four corners of his apartment and clasrooms in school, he never knew anybody and the thought that his own neighbor mistook him for a stalker made him laugh.