24

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

 

Minho gave Suzy a hug, but it was just to say goodbye. She just froze as he wrapped his arms around her for a second and when he released her, he looked like he hugged her for no special reason. Just a polite and western way of saying goodbye to a friend. 
Myungsoo opened the door for Suzy. 
"Where do you want to go now? I'll drive.", Myungsoo asked. 
"Home.", she replied.
"We're not going home not until your ok. You might slash your wrist or something.", Myungsoo said.
"You're a bad guy Myungsoo."
"I know. "
Myungsoo pressed the car's ignition button and drove away. Suzy didn't say a word and so does he. She can't take anymore that she might just explode. While he just did what he had to do. 
"Thanks.", all of a sudden Suzy spoke. 
As the two of them drive around the city with no exact destination in mind, the car was just filled with silence at first. Myungsoo just let Suzy be ,and there is where he understood that eventhough Suzy's weak and frail when it comes to something that she treasured so deeply, she is stronger when she's hurting. Not a drop tear has been shed so far this torturous ordeal. 
"For what?"
"For hurting me.", she replied. 
"If that's what it takes.", he replied. 
Their short exchange of replies shows how hard it is to express in words how they feel at that moment.
"How did you know it was him."
"I've never seen you as happy as you were when you saw him but the moment he told you that he got engaged, I just knew it was him, the way you looked at him, it was exactly the same when you looked at me when you were crying in my tub.", Myungsoo replied. He just kept his eyes on the road. 
"It's ok, you can cry, it's not like the seat of my car can't get wet.", he added. 
It was not the thing she wanted to hear but it somehow elevated her spirit one level up. 
"I told myself I won't cry infront of you ever again. Or else I'll look even more pittyfull in your eyes your whole life.", she replied. 
"Fine, it's not me who's hurting anyway.", Myungsoo said. 
It sounded cold and harsh, but it was the truth. 
"Thanks for helping me see.", it was she had replied. 
Myungsoo didn't react to this and kept driving. 
"I don't know why, but lately, I feel like it's my calling to pick up the broken pieces of your heart everytime that you fall for him. I don't like this anymore.", Myungsoo said. 
He even realize that those words came out of his own mouth. He even didn't know what it meant. He waited for her to reply but when he turned his head towards the passenger's seat, Suzy was peacefully asleep. 
"Suzy, I really think it's very odd for you to sleep in this situation."
But she didn't respond. Her head rested on the window and her eyes were closed shut and as he listened closely, he can hear her breathing calmly. 
"It must have been really exhausting.", he said to himself.