3

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

The next day Suzy went home a little late, she had to finish something in the lab before going home. Her culture got damaged and had to replicate it over again. It almost took Suzy all night. She didn't mind, she enjoyed working in the lab alone. On her eagerness to go home  before she can miss the last bus she didn't have time to take off her labcoat. 

The bus came and she went inside. The bus was half filled with students who had either night classes or had some school work done late like hers. A couple of female students sat near each other and the rest were guys who either mind their own business or had the liberty to scrutinize every girl who went inside the bus with their fixating stares and that scared Suzy. There was no way she would seat beside those guys and there was no more seat near the girls so she scanned the bus to look for some decent seat near someone who was so busy, deep in their thoughts who would not mind other's business. And she found  one. 

She went over and  asked if she can take the seat. The guy who looked like an art student or more like a liberal arts major didn't react at all and she took it as a yes. 

Again, her legs were killing her. She had been standing for the last 6 hours in the lab. And her legs felt like they were swollen already from all the standing, walking and running in the lab. All that she wanted was to take a nice shower and stretch her legs. After that she definately knew that she's going to fall asleep anyway. 

The bus ride was not that long, but Suzy at that time wished that it was.She was already comfortable seated and if only she can spend the night in the bus she would do so. 

With all the work she had finished that day, her energy level was drained to zero, she did feel the need to recharge so instead of going straight home, she went to the playground near the building and sat on the swing. This is was she usually does to destress. 

Although for some the night is still young, the place seemed to be empty. The city night sky was a blend of purple from the city lights and black.It was just the right atmoshpere and the right place and the right time. She admired the timing and the place, she felt at ease and she was slightly recharged by the calmness of the night.

She started to enjoy when she rocked back and forth and the swing went higher and higher. The rush of wind certainly worked its magic on her and she started to laugh on her own like a little girl who had fallen in love with the thrill of being seated on a swing. Soon the magic had worn off and another bodily need had came upon her, she became thirsty so she went to the nearest store to buy some refreshment.