45

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

"Hey, how come that's the first thing you'll say to me the first time we meet in years?", Suzy spoke like her usual self which Myungsoo didn't expect at all. 

He imagined her, turning her back and walking away from him, or simply she would just ignore him. 

"Really, first thing you'd notice is my hair.", she giggled. 

Myungsoo just froze right there. 

"I'll just clean up this place and then I'll get back to you.", she added. 

Myungsoo just nodded. 

"Suzy wait.", he then blurtted out. 

"How come you're not surprised to see me.", he added. 

"Well, I kind off knew you and I would soon meet.", she said. 

"It's a long story but I figured out that sooner or later we'll meet again, but who knew at this circumstance. But why are you here exactly? You're not even authorized to enter this area. The work done here will contribute to the well being of humanity in the future, you know. ", Suzy answered. She was busy gathering this and putting bottles on the shelves that she didn't even mind looking at him while talking. 

"I came here to work too. I'm also a busy person you know.", he retaliated. 

"Well, I really don't know what's work with watching me return all this reagent bottles, if you want to hang out with me, grab a labcoat and help me with this. I'm starving already.", Suzy said. 

"Well...", Myungsoo hesitated. He grabbed one labcoat on the hanger near the door.

"Myungsoo, you look good in that. You should have been into research like me instead.", Suzy complimented Myungsoo as he sported the white longsleeved labcoat the opened in the front and freelly hanged on his shoulders. 

"So why exactly are you here in the middle of the night?", she asked him. 

"I am the team leader in designing your new research complex. So I decided to look around to see and feel what laboratories are. I was adviced to go at nights so that I would be able to work without disturbing your work.", he replied. 

"How's the design going, I mean you should take into consideration many things, like which lab needs this kind of specific walls, the instruments that would be placed inside, some machines are as big as a car, one lab needs minimum exposure to sunlight. Those kind of stuff."

"Thanks for the advice."

Suzy sorted bottles and handed it to Myungsoo.

Suzy handed him one bottle, it was not that heavy but he almost dropped it because he wasn't paying attention. Instead, he kept on looking at her face, finally the person who'm he dreamed of spending forever with but avoided with all his might all those times were finally there infront of him. Her rosy cheeks just proved that it was really indeed her in flesh. 

"Becareful, that's concentrated base, you might get itchy all over when it makes contact with your skin.",Myungsoo found Suzy's words of caution alarming since he didn't  know much about chemicals and stuff.

"Bring that over to that aquarium looking thinggy there and close the lid of the hood. Afterwards. you can put those containers inside that shelve above the one with yellow containers. By the way, those are solid crystalline forms of certain reagents, do not smell what's inside, it would irritate your nasal cavity.",she continued. 

"Is this what you normally do with people whom you've seen for a long time.", Myungsoo said. 

"Well, if you want to hang-out with me, I have to get this done first. Remember when we first met, you found my labcoat by the park. I was really thinking of quitting back then. I left my labcoat on the swing on purpose. But when I realized that I really want to finish what I have started, I came back to look for it but instead you found it and gave it back.  "

"Really. But now, I found you."

After clearing out the table Suzy and Myungsoo took of their labcoats and placed them inside the locker. 

"Wanna go eat?", she asked. 

"Well, I can't hang-out with you unless I've finished my job. I'm here to take a look around not to pig-out with you. You can show me around and acquiante me with the facilities."

"Well, I don't want to eat dinner alone, let's go all show you around."

Suzy though extremely tired, her energy skyrocketed when she saw Myungsoo. She was certain the it was because of him not anything else made her be like that. 

She wallked ahead of him. She didn't walk too fast but Myungsoo wanted to stay behind her, watch her, he wanted to relish the feeling. He was thankful, for it it weren't fate or, and or destiny are in his side. 

"Suzy.", he called out. She heard and trurned around,faced him, continued to walk backwards and smiled. She waited for what he would say next.  

"Nothing's changed right?", he asked. 

"Let's see.", she simply answered and flased the sweetest smile he had ever seen in his entire life.