31

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

She had been going back to school again, this time she was bussier than ever.She studied like she did before, doing errands before going back home. She was back to normal. She'd sleep again late at night, finishing reports, quizzes, papers that were due for tomorrow, her neon yellow highlighter is her bestfriend again. At school, she's reunited with her classmates, attend class rigorously, participate in school activities regularly.

It had already been a month since Myungsoo left and Suzy is still not able to meet him inside the campus. He really might have went abroad or something.

Every morning, as she steps out of her door, she'd be constantly be reminded of Myungsoo when she'd see his door. When she goes back home in the evening, she'd ring the bell or knock, but everytime she did, there was no answer. 

She can't help but worry for Myungsoo.

Why did he stop going to school all of a sudden?

Where could he be staying now?

Why doesn't he answer her calls?

Then, there came to a point when Suzy started to question herself.

Why was she even worrying about him.

After all the things Myungsoo had done for her, it was by worrying the only way she could show him now how greatfull she was to him. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

A week's stay at the beach house helped him alot. He would spend the days like he used to. Eat breakfast, watch the baseball game replay, jogg, read. 

The rest of the day, he would spend a few hours infront of the computer, making arrangements online. 

His mind was set. He knew what to do. The perfect solution to his dilema. 

First, he need not to have someonelse's approval for him to achieve his goal. 

He had set his priorities, and to take a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn on a different level will surely and greatly make him a better person. 

He decided to take the scholarship that was offered to him. He possed the capabilities and was qualified, why let the opportunity pass him by. 

He would be gone for a year or two so that he could complete his studies.He was accepted by a renowned university in New York  to study architecture and design. If he does complete his studies, he was also offered a chance for an intership at one of the world's top architectural firm. For his talents to be recognized , it was something he wasn't too excited about, but thinking of his future, this would help him alot. And with a concrete goal in mind, to be able to stand on his own two feet, he decided not to let other things get in the way. 

A year or two, could that be long. 

It had been almost three weeks since he last saw her. The morning he moved out, he received her message, but he chose not to tell her where he was. He knew that the mere thought of seeing her would interfere with his decision making process.  But for him, in those three weeks he had been away, it already felt like a year. 

Between the two of them, it would be like constructing a building with not enough space and materials available to begin with. She hasn't even recognized him as her friend. And he still hasn't figured out why was she so important to him, enough for him to be in that state, for her to be even part of the things he had to consider as he tried to come up with a decision in taking the scholarship grant. And afterall those feelings he had inside, that he knew that were all caused by her, it left him dumbfounded. 

As stated, without a clearer picture, how can he tell her all those things. It was hard for him to assume. If he tells her, and she would simply not care, or if she gets the wrong idea, it would be twice as hard for him. 

But she still needs to know. 

He can atleast try.