29

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

 

Suzy took Myungsoo at nice pizza place where she and her friends usually go. They talked about anything related to them. About Myungsoo's hidden obsession for shoes, upto when Suzy played basketball in highschool, how Myungsoo ditched his prom date for a spelling bee, their addiction to coffee, Myungsoo's fear of balloons, Suzy's love for cats, when Myungsoo ran away from home for the first time, why Suzy didn't like sushi. 
That night, they felt like they've known each other more than anyone else. He saw her weakness and she taught him how to care for someone. 
"Since my mother thinks we're dating, wanna try dating for real?You know, you and me.", Myungsoo said. 
"Are you serious?", Suzy said in disbelief. 
"Ofcourse not. I was just testing you if you're back to being normal.", Myungsoo answered. Suzy sighed. 
"Just in case I was being serious, would you like to give it a shot?", Myungsoo added. 
"No, never in my life would I want to date someone like you.", Suzy answered. 
"Someone like me huh? I used to know somebody who told me the same thing. A year after she's knelt infront of me and confessed she can't live without me. Be sure you're not like her."
"Whoa, look who's talking now."
"So if it happens that I come to like you for real, you won't  ever like me back.", Myungsoo said. 
"That's right. Not a bit.", Suzy said. 
"Well, that's a relief."
__________________________________________________________________________________
Even before the seasons change, Myungsoo has to decide. Before doing so he has to clear his mind first and sort out what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to be out of his life. 
On their way home that night, up until the next morning, it kept playing on his mind. Their conversation at the pizza bar. Every little detail, how she would laugh and smile at his stories that weren't even funny. How she complained about the way he placed too much hot sauce on his pizza, and how easily it was for her to tell him that thing. 
His head hurt. By mid-afternoon, he was watching basketball on his tv and he popped some headache pills. 
It was hard for him to come up with a decision by the end of the day. He can't seem to find what was holding him back but he was forcing himself to make the decision. 
"That's right. Not a bit.", it kept ringing in his ears. 
What's harder for him is to find a reason why was he so affected by those few words.