12

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Myungsoo went back to his room. At first he thought of how unlucky he was that day. First, being the loser at a illy game, then this, he now has to take care of a half-drunk girl in his working area. 

He sat at the edge of his bed wondering if he should just ignore her or do what he is supposed to do. After a few seconds he got up and went straight back to where Suzy was.

"Suzy, where is your phone I am going to call someone to pick you up."

He called out but Suzy was not there. 

He checked his kitchen and she was not there either. Then he heard a slight sound of commotion inside his bathroom. 

Whatever Suzy's upto he thought he ought to check whether if she is alright. He once had a friend who accidentally bangged his head on the sink and lost consciouness while drunk. He need not to make his problems worse. 

He knocked on the door and found out that it was already unlocked. 

He saw Suzy, seated inside his tub, hugging her bent knees and possibly sobbing. 

Her pumps and accessories were scattered all over his bathroom. He picked them up and placed them neatly by the door. He bent over to check Suzy,she silently looked away. 

He just stood there unable to say anything. In his mind, this may be something that normal girls and even guys become when they get drunk, be overly sentimental but he felt differently for when he looked in to her eyes, he somehow felt that there might be a deeper meaning behind her hurt. 

Like most people and even him, she too is wearing a two faced mask he thought. 

He just stood there waiting for her to respond. While having deep thoughts, trying to figure out what is wrong and what could he do with her to make her feel ok, she started talking in between curt sobs. 

"Do you want me to get you clothes you can change into for tonight?", he asked cluelessly.

She just kept staring at the blank grey wall infront of her. 

Myungsoo turned around to get some clothes she might use..

"Stay.", Suzy said. 

He was surprised with what she had just said. He looked at her and tears were already welling from her eyes.

"I'm just sad enough to cry on someone else's tub, that's why. I think you're the only person now who can help me."

"It doesn't make sense, you just had drank too much too many tonight. You can sleep in my room once you feel better."

"See that's the problem, do I always have to explain myself in detail to everyone when all I am asking is that you do not leave this room now. Maybe to you, you don't really now but it is really hard for me to keep on doing what I am doing now."

He sighed. He removed his sleepers and sat on the other end of the tub. She looked at him with those swollen eyes, she controlled herself, all the emotions kept inside of her that he knew even thought he doesn't know what it was all about, it was all too much to keep. 

"Fine I'll stay, you can whine all you want but this would be the last time you'll do this in my tub? Ok?"

She tried to smile even for a bit, but he saw how difficult it was for her. 

"Have you ever tried waiting for someone for so long, that you get sick and tired of waiting?"

"Not really...."

"... and yet there's this something with that person that makes you forget that there's such thing as time?"

"I have done everything that I can, even to become a person that is completely not me and yet I still don't deserve anything."

"Maybe that's because it's not really for you. Because if someone or something is meant to be, it will be."

"I'm sad and tired. I feel like I can't do this anymore."

"If someone made you feel like that, then I guess I myself hasto do something about it."

"What do you mean?"

"If that person made you feel that way, had hurt your feelings, left you alone and possibly do not remember you have existed for him, then I should punch that punk straight in the face and as for you, you're right you do not deserve anything related to that person."

She started laughing still, she kept on crying.

"That's what everybody's telling. It has now been a cliche. But what can I do, that person can't be simply replaced."

"Just the other day I got this text from a friend. She told me that he's back for a short break and said that he wanted to say something. I knew that one day he'll come back I also knew the possibility of that happening.                                                                                                           And then yesterday, I even bought a new shirt and even wore perfume but he never came. We were supposed to meet up in the library but he never came to pick me up. Did you know how much I have waited, until the end I never gave up then you showed up. Funny right and now I'm here crying infront of you. This morning he called again and apologized then we met up, did you know why he didn't show up the other day? His girlfriend wanted him to acompany her with her monthly check up. At first I did not get what he meant."

"When I did, it hit me."

It also hit Myungsoo. He didn't know how he should react. 

"With all of that going on, it still doesn't entitle you to get wasted and ruin someone else's sleep."

"But.."

"Stop crying there's nothing you can do, it's either you rid of him completely or you keep on hurting. It's your call."

Then Suzy burst into more tears.

"You're all the same. You all tell the same things over and over you are not helping me either."

"Go on, if you get hurt it's not even my concern."

"You're so mean."

Then all of the sudden Suzy leaned over and hugged Myungsoo. 

"You can't even hug me....."

Suzy hugged him tigthly he was so unsure of what to do but since things turned out that way, he just let her be. 

"Suzy you owe me one."

And she cried on his shoulder. After a few seconds she broke off and hugged her bent knees. 

Myungsoo was still in a bit of shock, he immediately stood up and went out. 

"I'm going to look for some clothes and stuff you can use for tonight."