32

FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Their professor had just dismissed the class fifteen minutes earlier than the usual. She and her friends started to gather around, one of them had brought snacks to share with everyone. 

At the moment, she had forgotten and swore to herself that she would never look back. There was a great improvement on her part. What kills you makes you stronger, they say. 

She was more cheerful and open. 

As they ate their sncaks and talked about sunshine and teapots, she heard her phone ring. She took it out and before answering the call, a smile of relief was seen all over her face. 

"Hey, Miss Hopelessly Romantic, it's me, still remember me? Should I call another time, I think your busy.", said the person from the other line.

"Where have you been, and what's with the name calling.", she answered.

"Are you free, for the next hour? I need to talk to you. I think an hour's enough.", he said.

"I don't have another class after, but I need to go to the lab to finish something. Why?"

"Great! I'm just outside your classroom, let's go have coffee when we talk."

Suzy gathered her things and went outside.

"Myungsoo!", she greeted him.

He was standing not exactly infront of her classroom, he might have got the room number wrong. He was peeking inside that classroom, which still had their lecture on going. He heard her and saw her walk briskly towards him. Waving and smiling at him. He smiled back. At least she was happy to see himadain, he thought.

"Whoa! Nice tan!", the first thing she told him.

"Well,", he scratched his head. It was not something he'd expect to hear.

She giggled, "Now I think I know what you've been up to the past month."

"Yeah, I guess you'll get a little tan when you live next to the beach."

They went to a cafe near the university.

"What have you been doing! You don't even text after you called.I texted and tried to call you hundreds of times."

"Well, I've been thinking alot."

"About what..?"

"Stuffs.."

"So what is it you need to tell me.", she asked. 

All of the sudden the atmosphere became heavy, she also noticed it. 

"How to say it......"

She waited for him to continue. 

"I've decided to take the scholarship grant."

"Great! That's wonderful! I'm happy for you."

His mind went blank, but the words he was about to say next were already at the tip of his tongue. 

"I'll be in New York for a while.When things go smoothly, it may take some more time before I can comeback.", he said. 

Suzy's expression seemed a little confused. Her eyebrows crossed and her nose cringed. And she said. 

"That's really good news, but why don't you look and sound happy?", she said like a child asking her mother questions.

"Well, I thought you'd be atleast sad when you'll know that I'm going to be gone.", he said. 

"It can't be that long, atleast in three years when you finish your internship, you'll come back right?"

He can't believe it, he heard those words coming out of her. What was he thinking, like she'd also feel the same was as he did, he felt like a fool for thinking that way. Three years won't be that long, for her. For him a month was already hard to bare. Well that statement answered one of the questions on his list. It need not to be stated anymore that to her he would never mean as much  to her as she did to him. 

"Remember when I told you that everything happens for a reason?"

"Yeah..."

"So, while I was gone, I've thought about it alot."

"-I'll take this opportunity while I'm away to find out the real reason why..", he added. 

"Why?", she replied at his unfinished statement. 

He sighed. He gathered the courage inside him first, he braised his heart he tried to swallow the words that were already at the tip of his tongue again but after days of thinking whether should he do this or not, he had decided to go with it no matter what the result would be. 

"... why I've come to like you this much.."

She replied with a stare. He had gone this far and he can't take back what he just said. He looked at her straight into her eyes. She blinked a couple of times but he just looked at her. It was clear, he need not to hear what she had to say. 

"I don't know what to say.", those words were her reply. A few words that would be enough to equal out everything.  He knew this was bound to happen, so he smiled and changed his mood. 

"That's why while I'm away, I'm going to find out the reason, I'm not asking anything from you but one thing."

Her heart began to beat faster, her eyes widened in disbelief. 

There was nothing wrong with Myungsoo, actually he was way better than anyone else she'd met, but it was her who wasn't yet ready to receive such confession. She felt really bad for him, the way she treated him, the things she'd said a while a go. If she'd only been more carefull, he might have felt better rather than being brought down to the ground by such thoughtless actions of her. After everything Myungsoo had done for her, she knew that this wasn't what he deserves from her. 

"Not until the day that I find you and I would knock on your door and tell you why you mean that much to me, let's not meet again after today. Don't think of me.Don't contact me, don't look for me. If you want, don't even wait for me. And also when that day comes, I still don't expect for your answer. You can do what ever you want just don't apear infront of me again."